View Poll Results: Would you like a true CTF game type?

Voters
1607. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - it could be amazing in Gears 3

    1,331 82.83%
  • No - I don't agree with what you wrote

    276 17.17%
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 1711
  1. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    7,745
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NickKrause

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_suicide_fox View Post
    Quite honestly, I don't see a true CTF mode working in Gears. The close proximity of the spawns and power weapons mean games will end quickly and will most likely be too one sided (whichever side gets the power weapons). And of course there is spawn trapping, since it ruins the mode to have your team spawn anywhere but near the flag.

    Sorry, just doesn't fit into the gameplay. CTL, on the other hand, makes the "flag" mobile and dangerous, meaning that changing spawns won't be an issue and power weapons don't decide the outcome of the match.
    lol, show me a gametype that isnt about getting the power weapons
    Check out my youtube for Gears of War content
    http://www.youtube.com/mrshwolive
    Twitter: @realNickKrause
    Can't please everyone so i stick to the truth

  2. #42
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Impaling you with your flag
    Posts
    4,563
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Porshapwr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_suicide_fox View Post
    Quite honestly, I don't see a true CTF mode working in Gears. The close proximity of the spawns and power weapons mean games will end quickly and will most likely be too one sided (whichever side gets the power weapons). And of course there is spawn trapping, since it ruins the mode to have your team spawn anywhere but near the flag.

    Sorry, just doesn't fit into the gameplay. CTL, on the other hand, makes the "flag" mobile and dangerous, meaning that changing spawns won't be an issue and power weapons don't decide the outcome of the match.

    Well frankly, any game mode is about power weapons really. And getting the power weapons doesn't stop CTF from working brilliantly in any other major shooter (like Unreal and Halo to name two big ones).

    Besides, they could always do something like Wingman where power weapon spawns are delayed if play testing showed a rush to power weapons became too powerful.

    IMO (and as you've probably seen given the polls, many other peoples opinion) CTL simply doesn't work well. As stated in my OP, once you have the leader, having no reason to move takes away all of the challenge of being the person holding the "leader" or "flag". You just stand there hoping your teammates protect you via perimeter. It completely removes what makes CTF most fun - that tension of trying to find the right route to score the flag against all odds.

    Not sure if you play other major shooters a lot or not, but I can tell you that capping a flag in a tough CTF matchup is absolutely epic. You feel like you won the lottery.

    Capping a leader I never felt anything but "Cool, my teammates killed the guys coming for me." Why do you think there have been so many polls and threads about bringing Guardian back? It's the same reason CTL doesn't live up - finally getting to and killing the other team's leader could be absolutely epic in some matches similar to finally capping a flag in a good CTF game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr shWo View Post
    95% of the people who voted no, likely did it cause its in other games, personally i think its a great idea, i just wish this forum would grow up sometimes

    Me too my friend. At least a few who have said no have started posting. But I am a little tired of suggestions just being shot down because "no it's fine" which goes against all progress for the title.
    Support a TRUE Capture the Flag game type in Gears Judgment:

    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=821690

  3. #43
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada, eh?
    Posts
    1,257
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Blades Of Grave

    Default

    My initial response is no.

    One problem with some games is having too many game modes (spreads out players too thinly) but after reading into it more, I would have to say yes. An actual Capture the Flag mode would be enjoyable. I could see this game type being dominated by parties.
    War Houndz

  4. #44
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Impaling you with your flag
    Posts
    4,563
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Porshapwr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Grave View Post
    My initial response is no.

    One problem with some games is having too many game modes (spreads out players too thinly) but after reading into it more, I would have to say yes. An actual Capture the Flag mode would be enjoyable. I could see this game type being dominated by parties.

    Thank you for taking the time to formulate an honest opinion rather than just having a knee-jerk reaction.

    And yes, you are certainly right about the game mode being dominated by parties. But then, most of Gears is that way don't you think? A good team of 5 will almost always beat a random team of 5 especially when it comes to objective based games like Guardian and others.

    As stated, the team above all else nature of Gears is one of its greatest aspects IMO.


    Also, in regards to playlists it is really no longer a concern. The large concern about playerbase in Gears 2 was due to the horrible online gameplay (read netcode) and therefore we needed to try to get local people more often to overcome. Between the dedicated servers and the increased playerbase Gears 3 is likely to have, it's no concern at all.

    Hell, Gears has many fewer game modes than other major shooters which honestly I don't mind. But I just think about how brilliant CTF would be in Gears and it's truly a shame it doesn't have it.
    Last edited by Porshapwr; 09-14-2011 at 09:22 PM.
    Support a TRUE Capture the Flag game type in Gears Judgment:

    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=821690

  5. #45
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    www.youtube.com/thesuicidefox
    Posts
    5,819
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: thesuicidefox

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr shWo View Post
    lol, show me a gametype that isnt about getting the power weapons
    Wingman. Also KOTH doesn't revolve around power weapons as much as TDM or Warzone. Gears 1 Assasination is another. Submission too.

    Its not about getting the power weapons, its about what happens after you get them. If there was only 1 feasible spawn (near the flag) any team that gets the first set of weapons will dominate the game. Wz/Ex is the closest the game gets to "power weapons =win" and true CTF would be even closer, and in fact follow that thought like a law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Porshapwr View Post
    IMO (and as you've probably seen given the polls, many other peoples opinion) CTL simply doesn't work well. As stated in my OP, once you have the leader, having no reason to move takes away all of the challenge of being the person holding the "leader" or "flag". You just stand there hoping your teammates protect you via perimeter. It completely removes what makes CTF most fun - that tension of trying to find the right route to score the flag against all odds.
    Firstly, you need to watch the CTL games on my youtube. Those were probably some of the most instense games I have played in the beta. Intense Stalemate is a good one.

    Second, not having a reason to move does not negate the initial challenge of catching the flag in the first place. In other games, its about picking up a stationary flag and moving it somewhere else. CTL is about picking up a mobile and lethal flag and holding it still to win. The route to the flag has more to do with how to get the flag than what to do once you have it. Basically, it is just an alternative view of classic CTF. However, this view is necesary in Gears because of how the game was designed.

    CTF works in Halo because you have plenty of room to work. Power weapons don't influence the game as heavily because spawns cannot be camped (at least not as easily as in Gears). A stationary flag and predictable spawns are acceptable because the gameplay permits it.
    -thesuicidefox-

  6. #46
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Impaling you with your flag
    Posts
    4,563
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Porshapwr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_suicide_fox View Post
    Wingman. Also KOTH doesn't revolve around power weapons as much as TDM or Warzone. Gears 1 Assasination is another. Submission too.

    Its not about getting the power weapons, its about what happens after you get them. If there was only 1 feasible spawn (near the flag) any team that gets the first set of weapons will dominate the game. Wz/Ex is the closest the game gets to "power weapons =win" and true CTF would be even closer, and in fact follow that thought like a law.



    Firstly, you need to watch the CTL games on my youtube. Those were probably some of the most instense games I have played in the beta. Intense Stalemate is a good one.

    Second, not having a reason to move does not negate the initial challenge of catching the flag in the first place. In other games, its about picking up a stationary flag and moving it somewhere else. CTL is about picking up a mobile and lethal flag and holding it still to win. The route to the flag has more to do with how to get the flag than what to do once you have it. Basically, it is just an alternative view of classic CTF. However, this view is necesary in Gears because of how the game was designed.

    CTF works in Halo because you have plenty of room to work. Power weapons don't influence the game as heavily because spawns cannot be camped (at least not as easily as in Gears). A stationary flag and predictable spawns are acceptable because the gameplay permits it.

    I played many games of CTL in the beta (had early access when it was up full time too). And I guess I just disagree. Standing still and holding something for 30 seconds is nowhere near the same as having to navigate an entire map under fire.

    To your point about power weapons, they could always play test and remove them completely. CTF would only have original loadouts. It could be another solution although I'm not sure the best of course.

    Also, you can see how many polls, requests, and threads there are about bringing Guardian back. As stated, the dislike of CTL is quite strong. Frankly, I don't mind it but then I don't love it either. The best quote regarding CTL IMO was "They took Submission, a horrible game type, and mixed it with Guardian, a great game type, and the result is mediocre game type".

    I feel CTF could recapture that "great" objective game type personally.
    Support a TRUE Capture the Flag game type in Gears Judgment:

    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=821690

  7. #47
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    467
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: That One Fello

    Default

    CTF would be AMAZING for Gears. I just have a couple more ideas to make everything a little more intense.

    - When you capture the flag, you actually hold the flag itself instead of putting it on your back (like in Halo)

    - You CANNOT roadie run while holding the flag.

    - You can't fire weapons obviously, but you can melee with the flag and even perform a flag execution if you get the chance


    Thoughts
    Got to the 4% club (including RAAM's Shadow) on solo with NO mutators
    I've got 99 problems but a drone ain't one...
    My One-Shot is bigger than yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Fergusson View Post
    It's not the size of the weapon that matters, but the caliber of the ammunition.

  8. #48
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada, eh?
    Posts
    1,257
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Blades Of Grave

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatACDCguy View Post
    CTF would be AMAZING for Gears. I just have a couple more ideas to make everything a little more intense.

    - When you capture the flag, you actually hold the flag itself instead of putting it on your back (like in Halo)

    - You CANNOT roadie run while holding the flag.

    - You can't fire weapons obviously, but you can melee with the flag and even perform a flag execution if you get the chance
    I really like these ideas. It would be a really nice to see a CTF where the flag carrier couldn't be a one man army...
    War Houndz

  9. #49
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    www.youtube.com/thesuicidefox
    Posts
    5,819
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: thesuicidefox

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porshapwr View Post
    Standing still and holding something for 30 seconds is nowhere near the same as having to navigate an entire map under fire.
    Which is why you need to ensure your are not under ANY fire in order to take the flag in CTL. If you are under fire you must drop the flag or risk death, especially considering the leader does not protect you like a meatshield. Again it's not about bringing the flag somewhere as much as it is about just getting to the flag. Getting the flag somewhere in Gears would be much too linear.

    And unlike Halo, it is difficult to kill a player running away from you. You must first down them, and then shoot them after they are downed. If there is even 1 teammate to revive that flag carrier, they can get up and pickup the flag and keep going while you reload. In Halo, you kill him, he is dead and must respawn giving you ample time to move in to get the flag back.

    Small maps, limited pathways, and extremely ineffective ways of killing fleeing players just goes against any form of classic CTL.

    To your point about power weapons, they could always play test and remove them completely. CTF would only have original loadouts. It could be another solution although I'm not sure the best of course.
    But why bother with arbitrary rules like this? In Wingman it is reasonable because it is the only mode with 4 teams, just as it is acceptable to pay for weapons in Horde because the rules are not quite the same. But this is 5v5 versus mode. Removing power weapons just for the sake of this mode just shows how it does NOT fit with Gears. None of the other modes need these arbitary rule changes. The only key difference between each mode are the objectives and DBNO rules really.

    Also, you can see how many polls, requests, and threads there are about bringing Guardian back. As stated, the dislike of CTL is quite strong. Frankly, I don't mind it but then I don't love it either. The best quote regarding CTL IMO was "They took Submission, a horrible game type, and mixed it with Guardian, a great game type, and the result is mediocre game type".

    I feel CTF could recapture that "great" objective game type personally.
    People are just mad. Guardian really wasn't that great, a lot of people got started playing it because of the higher XP ratio and respawn system. Guardian fans would more likely be at home with TDM, because they play out very similarly. The main difference is because you don't need to protect a specific player on your team in TDM you can more freely roam the map. I see CTL more like Assassination from Gears 1 since you have a more direct objective; go for the enemy leader. In Guardian the leader was important, but you could get the enemy leader and still lose the game. CTL you win the moment you get the leader.
    Last edited by the_suicide_fox; 09-14-2011 at 11:04 PM.
    -thesuicidefox-

  10. #50
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    510
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: LV Nomad

    Default

    I think the flag should have to be carried, byt it would be a one hit beat down weapon. This will force players to cover the flag runner.

    Support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Fenix
    Now I'm pissed!

  11. #51
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    113

    Default

    I think this would be a fantastic idea. CTF is a main stay in most competitive games and I can't help but drool every time I think about CTF and Gears. It would work really well because as previously stated Gears is a team based game and essentially your team would have to work man down and cover your the flag runner while the other team is pushing up trying to get the stop. The close combat would be amazing for clutch flag stops or 2 or 3 people just wreaking havoc while the opposing team is spawning. Yes, a KoTH like spawn system would have to be used, otherwise spawn camping would be too easy.

    For those naysayers that think it would results in camping or slow gameplay, consider the fact that there are power weapons located on the map and teams that camp back will not be able to utilize them. Try camping your base while being pushed by a booom shot, or try standing in cover and lancering while a sniper is scoping in on your head. It would encourage teams to try to push out, gain map control and then keep it as their team mate runs the flag back.

    To the people that think the team that first got the power weapons would automatically win, consider the fact that power weapons do not have unlimited supplies of ammo. While a getting a boomshot may ensure that your team gets 1 or maybe even 2 caps, you should be able to use your smokes and team fire effectively to push the other team back, especially since they are man down while running the flag. This means if you do get capped on, you'll have the ability and means to push back out and re take map control if you know what you're doing.

    I see nothing but positive things coming from adding this gametype and I would be very confident that it would be one of the most played playlists/game types.
    vVv Sun Down
    MLG GOW1, GOW 2 and soon to be GoW3
    Down to scrim/play ranked with anyone. Just shoot me a message or a friend request<3
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/vVvSunDown

  12. #52
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,227
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: K5 stifmeister

    Default

    I voted yes i always wanted this.

    And for those who voted no how does it affect u? Just dont play it why ruin the fun for someone else
    Hello there check out my
    Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/civil238
    Corpser sculpture - http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...2#post29520842
    Amazing Gears cake - http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post29520831
    Please comment and share your thoughts\

  13. #53
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    6,020
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GhostofDelta2

    Default

    I was going to vote no, read the Op and changed my mind
    \\★// GhostofDelta2 \\★//
    My idea for a shorter Horde varation

    Gears 1 1250/1250 - Gears 1(PC) 1000/1000 - Gears 2 1750/1750 - Gears 3 2000/2000 - Gears Judas 1320/1500

  14. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    135

    Default

    I vote yes on all the gametype polls lol, I mean the more options we get the better. I don't get why vote no when u can just skip the gametypes u don't like

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostofdelta2 View Post
    I was going to vote no, read the Op and changed my mind

  15. #55
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Impaling you with your flag
    Posts
    4,563
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Porshapwr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatACDCguy View Post
    CTF would be AMAZING for Gears. I just have a couple more ideas to make everything a little more intense.

    - When you capture the flag, you actually hold the flag itself instead of putting it on your back (like in Halo)

    - You CANNOT roadie run while holding the flag.

    - You can't fire weapons obviously, but you can melee with the flag and even perform a flag execution if you get the chance


    Thoughts

    I think those are great ideas and I agree. Someone earlier mentioned movement speed with the flag being about the same as when holding a Boomshield. I think that would be great and still give you that "hunkered down" perspective too.

    Quote Originally Posted by vVv Sun Down View Post
    I think this would be a fantastic idea. CTF is a main stay in most competitive games and I can't help but drool every time I think about CTF and Gears. It would work really well because as previously stated Gears is a team based game and essentially your team would have to work man down and cover your the flag runner while the other team is pushing up trying to get the stop. The close combat would be amazing for clutch flag stops or 2 or 3 people just wreaking havoc while the opposing team is spawning. Yes, a KoTH like spawn system would have to be used, otherwise spawn camping would be too easy.

    For those naysayers that think it would results in camping or slow gameplay, consider the fact that there are power weapons located on the map and teams that camp back will not be able to utilize them. Try camping your base while being pushed by a booom shot, or try standing in cover and lancering while a sniper is scoping in on your head. It would encourage teams to try to push out, gain map control and then keep it as their team mate runs the flag back.

    To the people that think the team that first got the power weapons would automatically win, consider the fact that power weapons do not have unlimited supplies of ammo. While a getting a boomshot may ensure that your team gets 1 or maybe even 2 caps, you should be able to use your smokes and team fire effectively to push the other team back, especially since they are man down while running the flag. This means if you do get capped on, you'll have the ability and means to push back out and re take map control if you know what you're doing.

    I see nothing but positive things coming from adding this gametype and I would be very confident that it would be one of the most played playlists/game types.
    Excellent post and obviously I agree. CTF done correctly in Gears would be utterly amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by MiniPistolTroika View Post
    I voted yes i always wanted this.

    And for those who voted no how does it affect u? Just dont play it why ruin the fun for someone else
    I never understood that either as talked about prior in this thread. I'm not sure why people are so close minded. As I said, CTF is a objective mainstay for shooters for very good reasons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostofdelta2 View Post
    I was going to vote no, read the Op and changed my mind
    Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nowgimmemoney View Post
    I vote yes on all the gametype polls lol, I mean the more options we get the better. I don't get why vote no when u can just skip the gametypes u don't like
    Same as I said above, I don't understand it either.
    Support a TRUE Capture the Flag game type in Gears Judgment:

    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=821690

  16. #56
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Norfolk UK
    Posts
    19
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: richrd376

    Default

    I would like to see the flag being a two handed item meaning no other weapons can be used. But saying that being able to melee with the flag would have to be necesary to defend with. Also as another option, why not have a point on the end and have the ability to "retro charge" with it like the retro lancer with the flag becoming blood stained if successful!
    Of course movement speed would have to be reduced to that of the boomshield. I think with having 14 second re-spawns could mean people could almost run from one side of the map to the other without the other team returning, especially on a map like security!
    I think this has the possibility of being a sweet game type as long as the movement speed and respawns are closely looked into.
    Dont need red bull, gears gives you wings!

  17. #57
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    317
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: exever187

    Default

    yes, classic Unreal Tournament/Quake style CTF, where you carry the flag..
    @exever on twitter | #Carmine ftw

    what am i gonna play today?

  18. #58
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In the Hollow.
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porshapwr View Post
    Again, we now have 11 "no" answers and nobody posting to say why. They just come in, vote no, and leave.

    How can you have a conversation about something without speaking?


    Yet nearly everyone who's posted agrees that CTF would be great.
    Hey don't generalize, I expressed my opinion of why I voted no.


    Quote Originally Posted by Porshapwr View Post
    IMO (and as you've probably seen given the polls, many other peoples opinion) CTL simply doesn't work well. As stated in my OP, once you have the leader, having no reason to move takes away all of the challenge of being the person holding the "leader" or "flag". You just stand there hoping your teammates protect you via perimeter. It completely removes what makes CTF most fun - that tension of trying to find the right route to score the flag against all odds.
    Stop saying things that are not true. Until we play the game and try CTL extensively we can't say anything. So saying it doesn't work well right now is just that -false.

    Also, I'm sorry because I don't want to sound offensive, but how is CTL worse than CTF in the sense that in capture the leader you "stand still and your teammates protect you via perimeter?" It's exactly the opposite, in fact, CTF games consist in very much that, forming a perimeter and protecting your flag while capturing the enemy(s) one(s). Please don't make me laugh. What you said right there is hilarious, man.

    CTL Is more dynamic than CTF. First your "flag" is a living person that can move, shoot, comunicate, see all enemies of the other team on the tac-com and mark them, get power weapons, and act like a soldier with some privileges.

    In CTF what do you have? Either: two flags each one on opposite spawns, or a flag in the middle. That is all.

    And CTF is more dynamic? Yeah sure, whatever. I just know that flags don't walk around the map in the CTF gametypes I played. And I played a lot, just so you know.

    Tension when running with the flag? Lol. And CTL doesn't have tension when the enemy captures your leader, or when both teams capture the leader and there's a stalemate situation, or when your leader is downed but you have the enemy leader vulnerable and have to choose wheter to save yours or capture the enemy...etc etc.

    In CTF the only tension moments is when both teams capture the two flags. That's all. The 90% of the CTF games consists of defending your base or attacking the other one, which is very repetitive.

    CTL has a lot of room for diversity and strategy, and I don't think all the games are going to be similar.

    So please, stop painting CTF like it is the best gamemode in history, I got tired of hearing your praises, man.

    CTL is as good as any CTF gametype or even better.
    Last edited by Pulletlamer; 09-15-2011 at 08:51 AM.

  19. #59
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Impaling you with your flag
    Posts
    4,563
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Porshapwr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richrd376 View Post
    I would like to see the flag being a two handed item meaning no other weapons can be used. But saying that being able to melee with the flag would have to be necesary to defend with. Also as another option, why not have a point on the end and have the ability to "retro charge" with it like the retro lancer with the flag becoming blood stained if successful!
    Of course movement speed would have to be reduced to that of the boomshield. I think with having 14 second re-spawns could mean people could almost run from one side of the map to the other without the other team returning, especially on a map like security!
    I think this has the possibility of being a sweet game type as long as the movement speed and respawns are closely looked into.

    Agree. Obviously there would need to be some play testing and balancing done by Epic.

    Quote Originally Posted by exever View Post
    yes, classic Unreal Tournament/Quake style CTF, where you carry the flag..
    Indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pulletlamer View Post
    Hey don't generalize, I expressed my opinion of why I voted no.




    Stop saying things that are not true. Until we play the game and try CTL extensively we can't say anything. So saying it doesn't work well right now is just that -false.

    Also, I'm sorry because I don't want to sound offensive, but how is CTL worse than CTF in the sense that in capture the leader you "stand still and your teammates protect you via perimeter?" It's exactly the opposite, in fact, CTF games consist in very much that, forming a perimeter and protecting your flag while capturing the enemy(s) one(s). Please don't make me laugh. What you said right there is hilarious, man.

    CTL Is more dynamic than CTF. First your "flag" is a living person that can move, shoot, comunicate, see all enemies of the other team on the tac-com and mark them, get power weapons, and act like a soldier with some privileges.

    In CTF what do you have? Either: two flags each one on opposite spawns, or a flag in the middle. That is all.

    And CTF is more dynamic? Yeah sure, whatever. I just know that flags don't walk around the map in the CTF gametypes I played. And I played a lot, just so you know.

    Tension when running with the flag? Lol. And CTL doesn't have tension when the enemy captures your leader, or when both teams capture the leader and there's a stalemate situation, or when your leader is downed but you have the enemy leader vulnerable and have to choose wheter to save yours or capture the enemy...etc etc.

    In CTF the only tension moments is when both teams capture the two flags. That's all. The 90% of the CTF games consists of defending your base or attacking the other one, which is very repetitive.

    CTL has a lot of room for diversity and strategy, and I don't think all the games are going to be similar.

    So please, stop painting CTF like it is the best gamemode in history, I got tired of hearing your praises, man.

    CTL is as good as any CTF gametype or even better.

    Sigh. First, I said thank you to the people who voted no and expressed why. Look at my posts.

    Second, I have played CTL.............many times already. As I said, I had early access to the beta and also played it during the final few weeks of the beta. It simply is not a substitute for a real capture the flag game and as you look around the forum, many people have expressed quite clearly that they don't like it.
    Support a TRUE Capture the Flag game type in Gears Judgment:

    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=821690

  20. #60
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In the Hollow.
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    ^ That it it's not a valid substitute for CTF it's your opinion. In my opinion it is.

    I prefer games that bring new game modes and improve, not always the same modes (like CTF) over and over again.

    You're saying that since you tried it, it can't be a good substitute and it can't work because you say so and your opinion is the one that matters, right? Lol.

    Also making a poll before half of the people who voted in it haven't played the mode yet (since the game has not been released) removes any possible validity it could have.

    Try making this poll 3-4 months after the game has been released and then we'll talk about what gamemodes Gears needs.

    CTF is not needed since CTL is a similar gamemode (and in my opinion better, but whatever, to each it's own).

  21. #61
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Impaling you with your flag
    Posts
    4,563
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Porshapwr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pulletlamer View Post
    ^ That it it's not a valid substitute for CTF it's your opinion. In my opinion it is.

    I prefer games that bring new game modes and improve, not always the same modes (like CTF) over and over again.

    You're saying that since you tried it, it can't be a good substitute and it can't work because you say so and your opinion is the one that matters, right? Lol.

    Also making a poll before half of the people who voted in it haven't played the mode yet (since the game has not been released) removes any possible validity it could have.

    Try making this poll 3-4 months after the game has been released and then we'll talk about what gamemodes Gears needs.

    CTF is not needed since CTL is a similar gamemode (and in my opinion better, but whatever, to each it's own).


    You're making accusations that make no sense. How do you get "my opinion is the only one that matters" out of what I've written?

    Also, I would venture to say the majority of this forum has played CTL as nearly everyone here was in the beta. Yet again I point to the MANY threads about changing or removing CTL for something else (like Guardian again).

    I'm not going to argue with you because it's pointless for both of us. How about this - I'll make a poll a few months from now to see how many people truly like CTL. Between the playlist population numbers and the poll we'll have a good idea. I'm willing to bet it will be less than 50% like it and the playlist is less played by % than Guardian was (or a real CTF would be).
    Support a TRUE Capture the Flag game type in Gears Judgment:

    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=821690

  22. #62
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In the Hollow.
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    I was referring to your quote of my other post. Anyways it doesn't matter.

    I'm not saying you must do this or that. I just said that people's opinion may be different when they have played the gamemode more, which is perefectly reasonable in my opinion.

    I don't care at all if CTF gets added, I just won't play it since it's boring as hell IMO. Just don't touch CTL.

    Peace off.
    Last edited by Pulletlamer; 09-15-2011 at 10:36 AM.

  23. #63
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Impaling you with your flag
    Posts
    4,563
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Porshapwr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pulletlamer View Post
    I was referring to your quote of my other post. Anyways it doesn't matter.

    I'm not saying you must do this or that. I just said that people's opinion may be different when they have played the gamemode more, which is perefectly reasonable in my opinion.

    I don't care at all if CTF gets added, I just won't play it since it's boring as hell IMO. Just don't touch CTL.

    Peace off.

    lol @ Dane Cook reference. And classic Dane Cook before he went all famous and sucky. Bravo.

    And I agree, opinion of CTL could change with time. And it is only my opinion that it will never match a true CTF.

    I guess we'll see.
    Support a TRUE Capture the Flag game type in Gears Judgment:

    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=821690

  24. #64
    Prisoner 849
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    986
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: OO629

    Default

    I totally agree with OP.

  25. #65
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Impaling you with your flag
    Posts
    4,563
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Porshapwr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OO629 View Post
    I totally agree with OP.

    Welcome aboard brother.
    Support a TRUE Capture the Flag game type in Gears Judgment:

    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=821690

  26. #66
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Holly Springs, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,772
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: A CANADIAN

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porshapwr View Post
    YI'm willing to bet it will be less than 50% like it and the playlist is less played by % than Guardian was (or a real CTF would be).
    Totally agree. Just played some Guardian now. Fun times.
    Gears player since day 1 - - Get you some
    Thank-you Cher for A Fenix and SGE & BRUTE for Young Marcus and III LYCAN III for TM skin.
    ___,....--!--..---......,,,,í_
    ||___---_íc╗(\)╠╠╠╠╠╠||||||==
    . /_/-' l__}|--------IIIIIIII-777777/

  27. #67
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    56
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Se777eN

    Default

    Yeah am up for this would be hard though..
    Hit level 100 \\*// on 8/16/2011

  28. #68
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Impaling you with your flag
    Posts
    4,563
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Porshapwr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Se777eN View Post
    Yeah am up for this would be hard though..
    Agreed. It would require a lot of teamwork which IMO is a good thing. Gears has a fantastic tactical play set - let's take further advantage of it.
    Support a TRUE Capture the Flag game type in Gears Judgment:

    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=821690

  29. #69
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    109
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: PharIVIacisT

    Default

    CTF and FFA ... I know GOW is team based but hell why not try it out.

  30. #70
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    uk/kent
    Posts
    1,079
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: ForgottenGear91

    Default

    Could be a good gamemode for gears

  31. #71
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    2,346
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Shweatypalms

    Default

    I would like to see ctf if it works well in gears.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleDuster72 View Post
    Ever see 2 kids walking down the street texting on their phones? Wanna bet they're texting each other? Ridiculous.

  32. #72
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    113
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sHaTTeRzZ

    Default

    I think it would work great in gears but I think running the flag would be too simple. To make the gametype better I think the flagholders movement speed would have to be lower like in Halo.

  33. #73
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Impaling you with your flag
    Posts
    4,563
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Porshapwr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excision View Post
    I think it would work great in gears but I think running the flag would be too simple. To make the gametype better I think the flagholders movement speed would have to be lower like in Halo.

    Make sure to vote in the poll.

    And yeah I think we all agree the running would need to be slower after further thought. We have suggested the movement speed akin to carrying a boomshield.
    Support a TRUE Capture the Flag game type in Gears Judgment:

    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=821690

  34. #74
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    2,346
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Shweatypalms

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excision View Post
    I think it would work great in gears but I think running the flag would be too simple. To make the gametype better I think the flagholders movement speed would have to be lower like in Halo.
    Well that's what I'm saying, there would have to be some balance things looked into. Running speed for flag carrier, whether or not the flag carrier can shoot while carrying the flag etc.

    The game mode itself might also benefit from alternate swaps. I kinda feel this way for all the game modes in general, but this game mode would definitely be better with swaps set specifically for this game mode if it was ever made imo.

    Also I think they would have to look into whether or not execution rules would be a better option than their mix of warzone/execution rules for this game mode.

    Not sure how much of this was in the op, just throwing it out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleDuster72 View Post
    Ever see 2 kids walking down the street texting on their phones? Wanna bet they're texting each other? Ridiculous.

  35. #75
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    451
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Forlorn Drifter

    Default

    I've always wanted this in Gears. First title update plox?
    Lancer Vet #31

  36. #76
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In the deadlands with the Savages, lost without her. I will find you, my Queen.
    Posts
    2,293
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Undead Paradox

    Default

    You bring up a lot of good points. Although, it may get a little too "campy," and Epic is trying to steer clear from that all together. Perhaps if Epic could toss in that Gears twist...
    Then again, Epic already tried CTF with a Gears twist, and it tasted awful. Which might be why they created CTL, to take the good things from Submission and Guardian and make it more fast-paced, not campy, and intense. If that could happen with a pure CTF gametype, then I'd like to see that come to fruition.
    I'm a hardcore spooner. I'm always the big spoon.
    Number of Boomshot Headshots: 23.
    I recall when I used to be a huge Guardian player. It was the only MP I played in Gears 2, and the only reason why I played Gears 2 MP in the first place. I honestly thought Guardian was never coming back, but once again Epic tells us they're still here for us, and that they love us. <3

  37. #77

    Default

    100% supporting a true ctf gametype

  38. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    301
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Blue Rising

    Default

    I'd rather have a neutral flag (flag spawns in middle of the maps) rather than 2 flag.

    If there is a flag mode you should be restricted from roadie running.

  39. #79
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Brossard
    Posts
    406
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TEARO

    Default

    Yes, I support this idea 100%.
    Favorite COG: Dizzy

    Favorite Locust: Grenadier Elite

    Dizzy Wallin Fan

  40. #80
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Logic is Before All
    Posts
    76
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: LigHt116

    Default

    Very Nice..agreed...im sure Epic could find a sweet spot
    "Gears 1 was really Fast and we Slowed down Gears 2 a little bit; in terms of trying again to make it more Accessible..." - Rod Fergusson (Executive Producer) - (Dedicated Execution)

    Ac-ces-si-ble: adjective Easy to use.


 
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •