Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JediJackBauer83

Nice guide

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xx2KiLLxZoNExX

@the_suicide_fox I usually play on Blood drive. If you have a coordinated team of 5 and you stay on one side near spawn you can hold up that area for all 50 waves, but thanks for the tips I might add it to the thread.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

@FuzZ-X13 and @JediJackBauer83 Your welcome and thanks for the compliment.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

@D4u2s0t Some of that info you posted is already in the thread. I might go back and edit the thread and add some of the info to it and thanks for the info.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D4u2s0t

Quote Originally Posted by xKiLL ZoNEx View Post
    @D4u2s0t Some of that info you posted is already in the thread. I might go back and edit the thread and add some of the info to it and thanks for the info.
    No prob. I didn't see it in the first post, and I didn't feel like reading 29 pages lol.
    Having a hard time with Bairds? Click this link 2-piecing is like kicking someone in the nuts... you may win the fight, but you're still a loser.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by D4u2s0t View Post
    No prob. I didn't see it in the first post, and I didn't feel like reading 29 pages lol.
    Some of the info is in the first page at the very bottom of the first posts in the tips section.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Some of the info is in the first page at the very bottom of the first posts in the tips section.
    yep, you are correct sir. Reading > me lol
    Having a hard time with Bairds? Click this link 2-piecing is like kicking someone in the nuts... you may win the fight, but you're still a loser.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: thesuicidefox

@the_suicide_fox I usually play on Blood drive. If you have a coordinated team of 5 and you stay on one side near spawn you can hold up that area for all 50 waves, but thanks for the tips I might add it to the thread.
    Only thing about Blood Drive is that you don't have a lot of wiggle room if they get up the stairs. It's a good position, but if you are forced into pistol/spawn you could end up being trapped.

Old Town has a lot of wiggle room. I have beaten waves by my lonesome, with no fortifications, by just running in circles from Boom to low to snipe to high, rinse repeat.
    -thesuicidefox-

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KaiserSosay666
    Thanks to CQColin for the adam fenix code
    Thanks to Brute for the liquid green skins
    thanks to III LYCAN III for the IO's and the Comm Dom
    Thanks to Flak for the early Fon code
    Thanks to the rst of you for being (mostly) good guys to game and trade opinions with....

Veteran

Damn good job guys, pretty informative thread.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by >I Am Legend< View Post
    Damn good job guys, pretty informative thread.
    Thanks and your welcome.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by the_suicide_fox View Post
    Only thing about Blood Drive is that you don't have a lot of wiggle room if they get up the stairs. It's a good position, but if you are forced into pistol/spawn you could end up being trapped.

Old Town has a lot of wiggle room. I have beaten waves by my lonesome, with no fortifications, by just running in circles from Boom to low to snipe to high, rinse repeat.
    This is opinion, but I think blood drive is easiest if you put 3 on the steps. 1 at the top where the turret spawns, on the same side as turret. This gives you an excellent vantage point of most of the map, and you don't have to worry about anyone spawning behind you. Then, 2 down 1 flight of stairs, one on the left side, 1 by the command center. Then the other 2 can go down the hallway to prevent spawning, and take out the locusts that come through the rooms on the right there. If you are stronger players, 1 can stay in the hall up the stairs, with the other going down the stairs, if the players are not as strong, both stay together to watch their backs. This is a great strategy, because if the stairs get over-whelmed, 1 or both (as needed) in the hallway can simply turn left, and fire from where they are without having to move at all, and can still keep an eye on their post. If it gets real hairy, 1 can leave the hall and go to the stairs until cleared, and vice versa.

If you put all 5 on the steps, they will spawn in that hallway, and on later waves when you're focused on people coming up the stairs, a few stray grinders/boomers/armored kantus coming from that hallway will ruin your day. When you cover these 2 areas, you have significantly more wiggle room and freedom, and it is alot easier to keep the locust away.

Enemies in each wave are randomized. Example: Wave 1 can contain all drones and tickers the first but the second time playing wave 1 can contain drones, lambent drones, tickers, wretches, or more.
    If it's random, why do I see Tickers EVERY ****ING WAVE!?

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
    If it's random, why do I see Tickers EVERY ****ING WAVE!?
    Maybe they just like you, lol.

That's not what I really meant sorry. What I meant was that for wave 1 for the first time there could be 2 tickers and 6 drones, for the second time playing wave 1 there could be 3 tickers, 2 drones, 2 butchers, and 1 wild ticker.

Also tickers have a low point value so it is easier to see them in a wave rather than a grinder with a huge point value. Each wave has a certain amount of points needed to earn by a player for the wave to be completed. 1st wave could be 1000 points, 2nd wave could be 1250 points, and so on. So that is why you have a much bigger chance of seeing a ticker and a drone than a boomer.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Darn, alright sorry if some info isn't clear. I tried to go back and make things clear but sadly I hit the character limit of 30,000 characters, lol.

If there's anything you need further explaining just ask and I'll try to answer it the best that I can. Thanks.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: thatguyPUNCH

Nice thread. Very helpful !

Twitter @H_PUNCH

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Hey HaWa11aNPuNcH and thanks for the comment. I remember you from twitter.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wave 0 Of Horde

Queen Locust: Wretch, Grenadier Elite, Cyclops, Shrieker, Flame Boomer, Armoured Kantus, and Bloodmount
    Expect:
    1. Reaver
    You also get Berserker here

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: steveOpessy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr matty View Post
    Queen Locust: Wretch, Grenadier Elite, Cyclops, Shrieker, Flame Boomer, Armoured Kantus, and Bloodmount
    Expect:
    1. Reaver
    Since you always get the Core Locust along with one of the other types listed, you always have a chance for Brumak or Berserker. The Queen type adds the option of getting Reavers along with Brumak/Berskerkers.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The multiplier for Insane fortification progression is 110%, not 120%. Got $1,100 for buying a sentry on Insane with no mutators, and $687 for buying a decoy with No Ammo, Enemy Regen and Friendly Fire enabled ($500 * 1.1 * 1.25 = $687.5, rounded down).

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomy View Post
    The multiplier for Insane fortification progression is 110%, not 120%. Got $1,100 for buying a sentry on Insane with no mutators, and $687 for buying a decoy with No Ammo, Enemy Regen and Friendly Fire enabled ($500 * 1.1 * 1.25 = $687.5, rounded down).
    Alright thanks for the information I'll look into it and add it later.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mr matty View Post
    Expect:
    1. Reaver
    Most of the time I get Reavers but I'll look into it. I put down expect Reavers because thats what comes as a boss most of the time with those listed enemies. If a berserker and the other bosses comes every once in a long while then I'm not going to add it. Its just saying what to expect, but thanks for the info.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: II Bat11 II

remember when we all thought we were gonna hate the "ching" sound??
    Quote Originally Posted by TerrorTwilight View Post
    WTF are talking about? Try forming sentences before you just puke whatever random concoction of words forms together in your head.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: steveOpessy

Most of the time I get Reavers but I'll look into it. I put down expect Reavers because thats what comes as a boss most of the time with those listed enemies. If a berserker and the other bosses comes every once in a long while then I'm not going to add it. Its just saying what to expect, but thanks for the info.
    I don't think you need to add it - you always have a chance for Berserkers or Brumak as they are the boss associated with the Core Locust, which appear on every wave. Getting the Queen Locust mixed in with the Core means you may get Reavers in addition to Berserkers or Brumak.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ll MikeB ll View Post
    remember when we all thought we were gonna hate the "ching" sound??
    Lol, ya I remember.
    Now I just think "Yay more money!" whenever I hear it.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: thesuicidefox

It's not clear in the guide, but do you earn more cash for insane Horde than normal?
    -thesuicidefox-

It's not clear in the guide, but do you earn more cash for insane Horde than normal?
    I would say so. I did Trenches solo on Insane and had over 300k banked by the time I hit the 38th wave. I was using Infinite Ammo, Super Reload, and Vampire. I swear half of every wave was tickers that run. I don't think I saw a drudge or lambent drone the whole 50 waves. Plenty of pussies carrying Boltoks and cross-map splattering my brains though. Single shot kill after the 30th and annoying as all hell. I failed the **** out of 38-49 and got the 50th wave on the first try. It was 3 Brumaks and almost nothing else.
    Last edited by Viper187; 03-21-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wave 0 Of Horde

I had the set twice in 40 waves yesterday once was Reavers and once was Berserkers.
    Its about 60/40 Every set has two bosses possible.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

No you earn the same amount of cash on all difficulties, but if you spend the money on a fortification then its different. Info on how much money contributes to a fortification level is in the first post.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Alright finally over 60,000 views!

Soon I'll add to the thread that cleavers costs 900 points.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lftdaporch

does anyone know if epic can make the onyx guard smarter i would rather him be a teammate than a lone wolf straying way out past the base. it would be awesome if you could utilize the team commands from gow1 campaign on the onyx guard
    Online most nights after 11pm eastern time. hit me up with a message overxbox live if you need help with achievements. gt: Lftdaporch. I enjoy all game modes

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CGOWAddict

Question about High ROI, the one for Killing 5 enemies with a weapon you purchased. I brought a weapon that was on the ground and killed 5 enemies and still got nothing. Do all five kills have to be in the same wave? Does it matter if you added ammo from downed enemies?

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CGOWAddict View Post
    Question about High ROI, the one for Killing 5 enemies with a weapon you purchased. I brought a weapon that was on the ground and killed 5 enemies and still got nothing. Do all five kills have to be in the same wave? Does it matter if you added ammo from downed enemies?
    I don't think it really matters with the waves although you may not get it if you pick up ammo from the enemy. I got mine with a Boltok that I bought. I think that you have to get five kills with the weapon and its ammo that it came with.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Boofboof

We NEED a horde dlc playlist!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Boofboof13 View Post
    yeah like yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Boofboof13 View Post
    This so much. A social Horde playlist should solve that problem since social Horde would/should require DLC. Seriously, I find it hard to believe that the matchmaking is working as intended. Every single match I get the same maps. If it's an issue of everyone having to have the DLC for them to pop up, then quit matching me with people who don't have any DLC.

Love horde. The only thing I hate is when host quits and you lose all fortifications. This mostly happens at around turn 20 or so.
    The other thing I hate, and I kinda feel ripped off, is that I payed 30 euros for the dlc packs and I havent gotten to play any map on horde public.
    This is for me a clear sign I'm never buying dlc product again.

They should really invest more time into making horde a better mode.
    Cus I think it the mode with the most potential.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx bomber View Post
    yeah like yesterday
    second that

MSgt. Shooter Person

wow man, i finally got level 5 silverback. ive been slowly boosting for like 6 months, finally got it this morning so now it only cost 6250 to fully repaired a destroyed rocketless silverback

this almost makes it possible to just use the silverback for all 50 waves

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast