Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Drone

No unfortunately But with PWBinaries I make server-side changes to playlists to attempt to keep things fresh. Working towards full release
    Btw, dunno if you still remember but I played GOW PC with you like a year ago on my GiMP is RippiN gamertag, I will add you again

Banned
    Gamer IDs

After having a 3 week break from working on the mod, I have now begun progress again. Watch this space as I will be announcing some new shiz soon

Palace Guard

Very impressive you still have this going! I'm still working on Out of Service with George among other things, although we got a special video out for v-day on machinima, hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitpawz View Post
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JUGGERNUT View Post
    Very impressive you still have this going! I'm still working on Out of Service with George among other things, although we got a special video out for v-day on machinima, hehe.
    Yup, still going strong dude Yeah, noticed that donkey kong vid, awesome stuff!

Anyways, small progress report:
    Selectable starting assault rifle and pistol weapons
    Improved character selection UI
    Working on random spawn location of mystery box

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Also, programming side of things I am working on rewritten much improved PWBinaries, and a nifty little tool for me to use to monitor download stats, amount of clients that have used the exe, client versions to determine which people are up to date, automatic bug reporting so if the person runs into an error on the exe or download managers or what not, it emails me with a bug report describing the error and an improved updating system so it will only update the maps that the user has downloaded.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lambent Veteran

Wow Shooter, that looks really nice!!
    Founder/Director for PWE
    QA for BM Team
    Betrayl | Pendulum Wars Elite

MSgt. Shooter Person

Mods blowing fast on this side niggu

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Thanks guys

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Currently working on the PW Content Manager. This is where maps & character packs will be downloaded

Banned
    Gamer IDs

A much improved more organised spawn system has been put in place, now I am working on a better spawn point selection system to avoid spawning ontop of other players and such...

Banned
    Gamer IDs

The Project Warzone Download Manager will be disabled on Friday 24th of February so you will not be able to download the Project Warzone BETA after this date.
    Last edited by Drone *; 02-22-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lambent Veteran

Any reason why?
    Founder/Director for PWE
    QA for BM Team
    Betrayl | Pendulum Wars Elite

Banned
    Gamer IDs

It's mainly due to the fact that the full version of PW will be released shortly and due to working on that plus other things I won't jave time to provide support with problems and such.

The Sacrifice

"Friday 21st of February"
    What?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by dojmin View Post
    "Friday 21st of February"
    What?
    You see, this is what happens when you are tired and not paying attention Silly me, I meant 24th haha

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Downloads have been disabled...but PW Full is here soon!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

The Last Man Standing playlist is being scrapped, a new playlist will take it's place when PW full is released...

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Since I haven't announced anything amazing in a while, I shall make an announcement now...

Guardian will be making it's debut in Project Warzone on full release. This playlist is Last Man Standing's replacement. I felt like I couldn't do much with Last Man Standing and that it was too similar to One Man so decided to work on a Guardian playlist so that each playlist had it's own "flavour". So far development is going good and it's my favourite playlist out of all of them (and it's not even finished yet!). Stay tuned for more!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Banned
    Gamer IDs

News on the first Map Pack and Character Pack available at launch will be revealed later this week, these will be downloadable via the up and coming PW Content Manager, which will also be revealed later this week...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ardanui

nice! keep the work... the forum is not dead people

Banned
    Gamer IDs

The three maps bundled in the first map pack are:
    War Machine
    Tyro Station
    Process

Beware on Tyro Station though, as every now and then I will enable it's train via the server side so unless you don't wanna get splattered I suggest you be careful on the railway!

The character's included in the first optional Character Pack are:
    Ben Carmine
    COG Gear
    Onyx Guard

Beast Rider (Drone)
    Flame Grenadier
    Miner
    Spotter

Screenshots of the upcoming PW Content Manager (w.i.p):
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Last edited by Drone *; 04-18-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Release date delayed due to no internet access until the 18th of April. Those server-side changes I made last week will be on until then. Progress still continues...

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Yay, I am back online, and PW is making good progress, it's nearly done! I just gotta work on ribbons, port it to a couple of other maps and get the backend (PWBinaries, PWManager and Update Server) up and running!

Boomshot

How about a no download full current version, upload to gamefront, for those who can't download it...

Banned
    Gamer IDs

No I can't have it stand-alone due to the way the content system and update system works but I may invest in a private server for hosting instead of Dropbox but that won't happen anytime soon because making changes to the backend would mean I would lose track of client's PW version and PWBinaries version.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Character DLC 1 characters are:
    Ben Carmine
    Gears 3 COG Gear
    Onyx Guard

Beast Rider
    Flame Grenadier
    Miner
    Spotter

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Not sure if I posted this already but this is the new ribbon screen. Still gonna give it a couple of tweaks (Regarding the part where the gamertag is I will probably move it)
    Ribbons will not randomly pop up in random places and they will appear one after the other in an organised manner. Each row is dedicated to a certain type of "objective". For instance, the top row is related to multikills and kill sprees, the second is related to gametype ribbons (some specific to one mode), the third row being related to weapon kills and the fourth being mystery box related. A ribbon and medal list will be available ingame, on the first post of the forum and (maybe) on PW manager.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I started work on the new PWBinaries again today, developed a system where I can send out a message to a specific client notifying him of whatever I wanted to notify him about and he would get the message upon starting Gears of War.
    Last edited by Drone *; 05-01-2012 at 12:43 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ardanui

realy good

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Thanks Downloading the DLC stuff is a very easy process too as the process is pretty much all automated for the content packs, mod size will be low as the map packs and character packs are all optional downloads but obviously you need to download a map pack to be able to play the mod! I will keep you posted on updates.

The backend is proving to be reliable thus far and much more convenient than the BETA's PWBinaries. Update process is slightly different because it shows a window with a changelog giving you the option to update or continue to play Gears. The update screen will keep showing every time you launch Gears until you download update and it successfully installs. I done this mainly for bandwidth related purposes on weaker connections and to provide the user with information on what's changed in the update. I can keep track of the client's current version and the amount of clients that are online playing GOW so I don't roll out an update until the majority of the clients are up to date, I hope to keep my update cycle to a maximum of 1 update per month, 2 if absolutely necessary. Server-side changes to the mod apply on each startup, the file is very, very small so this is not an issue for bandwidth.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Decided to rename the mod to just PW. Project Warzone sounds goofy and it also sounds like some terrorist plot or something, so PW keeps it nice and simple.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Nice try at what? xd

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Mystery Box related news, in Guardian there will be a Mystery Box reward which will give your Leader a respawn and a curse which will give the enemy leader a respawn.

In other news there wont be a list displaying ribbons and medals ingame at initial release but will be worked on for a future update. The list of ribbons and medals will be available on Moddb and on this forum, however.

Also, BETA downloads are going to be re-enabled since release date is later than initially planned so I'm gonna give newer people a taster. Download the BETA from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?hmn9hs921tw9559 and follow the instructions on the original post.

Please note that the BETA will NOT be supported and updated, however it is useful to report any bugs you find.
    Last edited by Drone *; 05-20-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

21 downloads on PW Beta's re-release already, pretty good for a few days I'd say It just motivates me even more to get this mod finished!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

PWBinaries' update system functionality continues to improve. Now since PW will have several map packs along it's lifecycle, this means more needs to be updated along the line, the more map packs you have downloaded, the longer the update process will take. Now this would be a major pain if the update failed at any point when on the last map pack, so I have implemented functionality which checks the last map pack which was updated and will only update the map pack that has yet to be updated upon restarting GOW on an update failure. The update system also only updates the map packs you have installed.

You now have the choice to update instead of the update downloading automatically on it's own. When an update is available it will bring up a prompt with a changelog showing what changes have been made and it will give you the option to either download the update or launch GOW. Bare in mind however, if you choose not to update you will not be able to play PW.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Lol, just got a bug report.
    "Please report what playlist you were on, what you were doing prior to the bug happening and any other additional info." You are supposed to type information in that white box, silly!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Added a "Known Bugs & Issues" menu to the PW frontend. This is updated server-side to keep you posted on bugs and how to avoid them if possible.

Hi Guys,

This looks great. I'm hanging out to play it. But I have a problem. I downloaded Gears of War pc from Ultimatum Game Keys and they gave me a link to their server that had 2 rar files. These appear to be the game, but I dont know how to install the game propperly with these. They do not self extract using rar. Any help would be great. I will even donate to this mod.

Thanks
    Phil

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCoolStuff View Post
    Hi Guys,

This looks great. I'm hanging out to play it. But I have a problem. I downloaded Gears of War pc from Ultimatum Game Keys and they gave me a link to their server that had 2 rar files. These appear to be the game, but I dont know how to install the game propperly with these. They do not self extract using rar. Any help would be great. I will even donate to this mod.

Thanks
    Phil
    Hmm, doesn't sound like a legit source. Do the rar files have a .r00, .r01 extension or anything? Can you produce a screenshot of this problem? Sometimes with these kind of archives you put the two archives in the same folder then proceed to extract the first one and it extracts both of them. I am not sure though, will need a screenshot of the two files.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast