Thanks Cowboy Locust,
I ditched that nonsense and bought a copy of Gears for Pc for $8 at my local game store. Now when I put the cd hit 'install' it gives me this error.
"The setup with perform an upgrade of ." Do you want to continue" Install Shield starts and then I get this error message.
"Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid E:\1034.mst
I have googled this problem and I gather it is not unique to me. I have Windows 7 64. The .mst is a file in the folder of the DVD that it appears to be unable to execute. Sigh. I have looked at some fixes online but all of these appear to be about how to uninstall the game propperly. Wierd as I have never installed it....well not yet.
Hoping for a solution. If you have any ideas that would be great.
I have it working, finally. Ironically, though I bought the game, I had to go to a number of unconventional ends in order to get it running.
Looking forward to playing your mod, though I might have to get the files and install manually.
Thanks for your help! Looking forward to this game and your mods having a bright future.
Also, the whole Xbox live thing is broken on this game is it not? So I am assuming that this mod and other multilayer mods like it are for local area network only?
Can you confirm this Cowboy?
Yeah these mods are for singleplayer offline against tweaked bots (to make them more challenging and dynamic). Plus, my mod gets regular server-side changes to keep things fresh
So does your mod support multiplayer over lan, as in two people with bots. LAN works fine for my son and I but we are looking for a mod where we can play lan with Bots. Is that possible with this mod of your or does some other modder have something similar that you know of?
Not possible sorry. Versus modes don't allow us to make config tweaks which severely waters down our mods, there is also issues with replication of UI and other things so we haven't bothered with MP.
I am considering releasing another BETA within the next few weeks. Due to the vast number of changes and an entirely new backend system testing WILL be required.
Found a fix for some people's PW installation not extracting. It turns out I was not using the environment variable for the My Documents folder so for non english versions of Windows it would create a "My Documents" folder instead of going into the documents folder of that language.
The new PW beta is almost ready to roll! Just need to finish off a few things and fix a couple of bugs I came across. I also need to finish off the code for the PW Content Manager and get all of the backend sorted out too, PWBinariesv3 is pretty much done too.
This new BETA will include:
- Guardian playlist
- New character selection & weapon loadout screen (Choose pistol & Assault Rifle)
- Optional character packs to download (Character Pack 1 will be available from launch to download from the PW Content Manager)
- A completely revamped ribbons & medals system which is much better to work with development wise and allows me to implement more ribbons quicker!
- Installation process is much simpler, no more manually going to your gears install to copy and paste a new startup.exe, you will be prompted to select your GOW installation's binaries folder once via a mini app before installing the PW Content Manager (Another automated install process too).
- Bug reports are automatically emailed to me if something in the PW Content Manager or PWBinaries (startup.exe) goes wrong.
- I can private message individual clients and the message will pop up for them when launching Gears.
This BETA will essentially be the full version but a bit stripped down, it's an opportunity for me to test the backend, update process (Will be adding to it every couple of weeks) and iron out bugs in the new features!
Pity, this guy in 131 was banned, ......
Last edited by darksin; 06-26-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Yup, then again the new moderators on this forums are strict as hell :S I say "cool story, bro. Needs more Brumaks and stuff." The next thing, DarkAp moderator guy gives me 5 points infraction for trolling, does this guy even know what trolling is? wtf.
Last edited by Drone *; 06-26-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Ah never mind, one of the nodes in the database structure had a typo in it, all is safe
The next BETA will be ready within the next couple of days...