Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CI2IMSON HOOP PSN ID: maumau435

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyLocust View Post
    Added a "Known Bugs & Issues" menu to the PW frontend. This is updated server-side to keep you posted on bugs and how to avoid them if possible.
    I may pick this game up. Looks sweet with all the cool stuff you are doing! wowzers.
    Quote Originally Posted by III HOOP III View Post
    You need a laggier connection.
    [urlhttp://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3319537656][/url]

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Drone

Quote Originally Posted by III HOOP III View Post
    I may pick this game up. Looks sweet with all the cool stuff you are doing! wowzers.
    Thanks This BETA is from December or January but full version is coming out soon, lots of improvements including a Guardian playlist!

Thanks Cowboy Locust,

I ditched that nonsense and bought a copy of Gears for Pc for $8 at my local game store. Now when I put the cd hit 'install' it gives me this error.

"The setup with perform an upgrade of ." Do you want to continue" Install Shield starts and then I get this error message.

"Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid E:\1034.mst

I have googled this problem and I gather it is not unique to me. I have Windows 7 64. The .mst is a file in the folder of the DVD that it appears to be unable to execute. Sigh. I have looked at some fixes online but all of these appear to be about how to uninstall the game propperly. Wierd as I have never installed it....well not yet.

Hoping for a solution. If you have any ideas that would be great.
    Cheers

Ok Cowboy,

I have it working, finally. Ironically, though I bought the game, I had to go to a number of unconventional ends in order to get it running.

Looking forward to playing your mod, though I might have to get the files and install manually.

Thanks for your help! Looking forward to this game and your mods having a bright future.

CHeers

Also, the whole Xbox live thing is broken on this game is it not? So I am assuming that this mod and other multilayer mods like it are for local area network only?

Can you confirm this Cowboy?

Thanks

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCoolStuff View Post
    Also, the whole Xbox live thing is broken on this game is it not? So I am assuming that this mod and other multilayer mods like it are for local area network only?

Can you confirm this Cowboy?

Thanks
    No it's not broken, although multiplayer is somewhat dead on this game these days you can still find a few good matches now and then
    Yeah these mods are for singleplayer offline against tweaked bots (to make them more challenging and dynamic). Plus, my mod gets regular server-side changes to keep things fresh

Thanks Cowboy,

So does your mod support multiplayer over lan, as in two people with bots. LAN works fine for my son and I but we are looking for a mod where we can play lan with Bots. Is that possible with this mod of your or does some other modder have something similar that you know of?

Thanks

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Not possible sorry. Versus modes don't allow us to make config tweaks which severely waters down our mods, there is also issues with replication of UI and other things so we haven't bothered with MP.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I am considering releasing another BETA within the next few weeks. Due to the vast number of changes and an entirely new backend system testing WILL be required.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IIIBURDENIII

Wow. Keep up the Amazing work. Looks like alot of fun.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by rburden View Post
    Wow. Keep up the Amazing work. Looks like alot of fun.
    Thanks dude It's posts like these that encourage me to keep working on this!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Found a fix for some people's PW installation not extracting. It turns out I was not using the environment variable for the My Documents folder so for non english versions of Windows it would create a "My Documents" folder instead of going into the documents folder of that language.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

End of Match screen:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Event Calendar:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Known Issues screen:

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lambent Veteran

Wow, that is absolutely amazing! Keep up the great work Shooter!
    Founder/Director for PWE
    QA for BM Team
    Betrayl | Pendulum Wars Elite

Banned
    Gamer IDs

The new PW beta is almost ready to roll! Just need to finish off a few things and fix a couple of bugs I came across. I also need to finish off the code for the PW Content Manager and get all of the backend sorted out too, PWBinariesv3 is pretty much done too.

This new BETA will include:
    - Guardian playlist
    - New character selection & weapon loadout screen (Choose pistol & Assault Rifle)
    - Optional character packs to download (Character Pack 1 will be available from launch to download from the PW Content Manager)
    - A completely revamped ribbons & medals system which is much better to work with development wise and allows me to implement more ribbons quicker!
    - Installation process is much simpler, no more manually going to your gears install to copy and paste a new startup.exe, you will be prompted to select your GOW installation's binaries folder once via a mini app before installing the PW Content Manager (Another automated install process too).
    - Bug reports are automatically emailed to me if something in the PW Content Manager or PWBinaries (startup.exe) goes wrong.
    - I can private message individual clients and the message will pop up for them when launching Gears.

This BETA will essentially be the full version but a bit stripped down, it's an opportunity for me to test the backend, update process (Will be adding to it every couple of weeks) and iron out bugs in the new features!

Boomshot

Pity, this guy in 131 was banned, ......
    Last edited by darksin; 06-26-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Yup, then again the new moderators on this forums are strict as hell :S I say "cool story, bro. Needs more Brumaks and stuff." The next thing, DarkAp moderator guy gives me 5 points infraction for trolling, does this guy even know what trolling is? wtf.
    Last edited by Drone *; 06-26-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I was hoping that these two messages would never pop up...
    ...luckily these don't affect the actual client, I would just have to disable PW manager and the online population statistic until the server was back to normal.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Ah never mind, one of the nodes in the database structure had a typo in it, all is safe

Banned
    Gamer IDs

The next BETA will be ready within the next couple of days...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234