Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xICooRsYIx

Default Friends Gamertag was hacked!

So yesterday i get a phonecall from my friend flipping out on how his gamertag was hacked. Person got his information, bought 200$ worth of DLC and is using his account as we speak!

My friend contacted microsoft and they opened up an investigation on the matter. Unfortunately its going to take 3-4 weeks for him to be able to play online again.

Gears of War 3 is about 3 weeks away, and hes flipping out because he might not be able to play! He was my co-op partner too, so now im pretty bummed. Hes a diehard gears fan like me so i feel absolutly terrible.

Anyone ever have their gamertag hacked, or had a friend. Any suggestions as far as what he can do!? if there are any?

-xICooRsYIx
    My Gears of War Collection!!

My Youtube Channel
    Subscribe.Comment.Like.PLEASE!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Tell him to buy a 1 month XBL card and make a new account until he gets his old one back?
    Also im guessing he has but cancel the card from the account.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, I guess thats his only option if he really wants to play on release day. Hes just going to have to get all the achievements/unlocks again when he gets his old account back.

-xICooRsYIx

My Youtube Channel

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DepressedWhales

That sucks. I guess he has to be more careful, put a XBL passcode on your account and never leave your credit card details in. Might be more convenient but Safety > Convenience.
    Want your seriously %? --- My youtube --- Thanks everyone
    Knock, Knock - Who's there? - Dr - Dr who? - Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret Mead
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by D3FJAAM View Post
    Tell him to buy a 1 month XBL card and make a new account until he gets his old one back?
    Also im guessing he has but cancel the card from the account.
    Well gears 2 has been out for almost 2 weeks now and he still hasnt gotten his original gamertag back. He did make a new one september 19th so he has been playing. The thing is, now he has all his achievements/unlocks on this account. Theres no way hes going to want to go back and unlock everything all over again if/when he gets his old one back. But his old one has all the gears 1 and 2 saves... Its a lose lose i guess.

-xICooRsYIx

My Youtube Channel

It takes awhile. I got mine compromised in in late June, and I didn't get my account back until later August. Just have your friend politely call Xbox support every now and then to ask for an update. The reps will put a mark on his account so that they know not to put it on the backburner. But yeah, it'll take some time.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Flying Pianos

frequently change your windows live password

Quote Originally Posted by xICooRsYIx View Post
    So yesterday i get a phonecall from my friend flipping out on how his gamertag was hacked. Person got his information, bought 200$ worth of DLC and is using his account as we speak!

My friend contacted microsoft and they opened up an investigation on the matter. Unfortunately its going to take 3-4 weeks for him to be able to play online again.

Gears of War 3 is about 3 weeks away, and hes flipping out because he might not be able to play! He was my co-op partner too, so now im pretty bummed. Hes a diehard gears fan like me so i feel absolutly terrible.

Anyone ever have their gamertag hacked, or had a friend. Any suggestions as far as what he can do!? if there are any?

-xICooRsYIx

So instead of cancelling his credit card thats on his profile, he is just letting the person go. Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jadedjim77

Quote Originally Posted by calebrocker7 View Post
    frequently change your windows live password
    or set it to do so automatically every 72 days...

or

protect your xbl account with a passcode in dashboard.

old news and probably already been mentioned, but he could create another gamertag on his xbox, that comes with a free month of xbl.
    Last edited by yukonjim; 01-05-2012 at 12:46 AM.
    "If you can't eat it or fu%# it, then KILL it!"