Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Community Night 4.4 | Sponsored By GameDunzo | Event is now over!

[GCON] Community Night 4.4: GameDunzo Event
    Win tournament points and watch our featured match!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This week, Community Nights return with a celebration of the new GCON and GameDunzo partnership we recently announced. We've always made a promise at GCON to cater to all parts of the Gears of War community, and we are finally ready to incorporate another portion of community into everything we do.

Competitive Gaming is a built for competing in Leagues, Tournaments, and Ladders with organized teams and different rules to balance out the gameplay. While the idea of competitive gaming can be intimidating, winners can end up with prizes, trophies, and prestige in a competitive environment. We at GCON are glad to welcome the competitive community into our events and so this week, GCON will host a feature match with two of the top competitive Gears teams - Legacy and Vision. This feature match will be played as a full 5 map cycle on competitive settings with professional commentary with the stream beginning at 4:00 PM EST. Immediately following the featured match, GCON will host the standard event lobbies you know and love and in addition, will be including lobbys hosted by Gears professionals on competitive settings. Make sure you don't miss the action!

GameDunzo will be offering free points to registrants on their site for their tournament system. GameDunzo will be providing 10 lucky winners 50 points each, good for entering tournaments on their site. Tournaments occur daily and usually involve cash prizes! A typical tournament runs 20 to 25 points for entry, so you could walk away with two free tournament entires for the future!

About GameDunzo

GameDunzo is a social online gaming platform that organizes the most sophisticated online tournament environment to all levels of gamers - from casual to professional. Our technology eliminates the problems that other platforms face by offering dedicated server technology for Xbox360 and soon Playstation 3 allowing us to maximize the number of participants and spectators free of dropped games from connection interruptions. You can find out more information at http://www.gamedunzo.com

Not up to speed with the plans for Season 4? Every single Saturday from now until September 17th, you have the chance to win prizes from companies such as Microsoft, Astro Gaming, Calibur11, Project Triforce, GAEMS and much much more. On top of that, we'll be posting exclusive articles, reviews and videos relating to these companies on our website over the next twelve weeks. You can find the full details of this announcement here: Article on Gearscon.com

For fans on Twitter, you can join the conversation with the hashtag #GearsWeekend before, during and after the event. Epic Games will be randomly selecting tweets with that hashtag every Monday to win a prize, so join in and spread the word!

A Quick Introduction to GCON
    GCON is a community run group that has been producing high-quality events and content for the official Gears of War community for over a year. We have an extensive website with a full profile system including awards and levels returning soon, and a team comprised of over 40 different members of the community.

Want to be Part of the Team?
    Lead Manager Hooligunn posted up all the information you need in a quick and easy thread. Find the thread HERE.

Get Social
    For the best way to keep updated, follow us below.
    Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Attending any GCON event is a quick and easy process. All you'll need to do is return to this thread at the time and date shown below, then simply click the host you want to join to be taken to the Xbox.com message system, message them for an invitation, then wait at your console! It's quick and easy, and you can get in touch with as many hosts as you like throughout the night.

Community Night 4.4 - Saturday August 6th 2011
    Featured Match Stream begins at 10pm BST / 5pm EST / 2pm PST
    The stream can be found at http://www.twitch.tv/hooligunn

Event Lobbies open at 10pm BST / 5pm EST / 2pm PST
    Lobbies usually remain open for 3-5 hours

EVENT IS NOW OVER

PRIZES PROVIDED BY GAMEDUNZO
    10x 50 Point Packages for GameDunzo.com

To win a prize entry ticket, simply play and finish a full match in one of the GCON hosted lobbies for the night to earn an entry into the prize draw. You may earn only ONE entry per Community Night event, no matter how many full matches you play over however many different lobbies.

Once the event is over, we'll gather all the attendee lists and draw a winner at random using Random.org's number generator. Winners will usually be drawn on the Sunday or Monday after the event. Winners will then be contacted via Xbox Live message and listed in the thread by gamertag - you will be given 7 full days to contact Hooligunn before a redraw is conducted. You can only win ONE prize per season.

If you are a returning fan, we are running on a completely different system than before - there will be NO end of season prize draw. Prizes will be awarded on a per-event basis.

Last edited by Hooligunn; 08-06-2011 at 09:54 PM.
    Official GCON Event Account
    WWW.GEARSCON.COM
    FACEBOOK
    | TWITTER | YOUTUBE | FORUMS

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xXmyxxmastaXx

you guys @ GCON are awsome

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RVV AsnJin0475

sweet I'm joining
    Thanks III LYCAN III for Commando Dom

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MattZTS

Sweet can't wait. It's gonna be awesome as usual
    GCON Host Manager
    Join up:
    GCON Homepage l GCON Facebook l My Twitter

Veteran

Who do I add? These things are confusing.

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SQuirrel147

Quote Originally Posted by Vexta View Post
    Who do I add? These things are confusing.
    On the night of the event, the OP will be updated with the hosts. You just send you're desired host a message asking for an invite. All the hosts are ordered by region. So if you don't want a US host, don't worry.

GCON needs to make, like a video explaining in detail how easy it is to join. Because we get at least 1 person each event asking how to join. And how many more are to shy to ask. We could have a few more attendees we don't even know about.
    ~ SQ ~

Yes I am looking forward to Judgment. But NOT because it's Gears.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SQuirrel147 View Post
    On the night of the event, the OP will be updated with the hosts. You just send you're desired host a message asking for an invite. All the hosts are ordered by region. So if you don't want a US host, don't worry.

GCON needs to make, like a video explaining in detail how easy it is to join. Because we get at least 1 person each event asking how to join. And how many more are to shy to ask. We could have a few more attendees we don't even know about.
    Ohh, didn't know it was that simple. Do we only get to play one match because I'd love to keep going?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

So true squirrel. I will ask some people see if we can make that happen.
    GCON Host Manager
    Join up:

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Commander Rown

I'll be hosting Horde again!

Really excited about this GameDunzo partnership too!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Perry View Post
    WHATZZU!P!!E!RE!R

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PANSEY MAN

sounds good to me
    To give anything but your best is to sacrifice a gift.

Thank you Cher for the Gold Lancer!

Boomshot
    In the deadlands with the Savages, lost without her. I will find you, my Queen.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Undead Paradox

Sounds wicked awesome!
    Hopefully I can get home in time for it.
    I'm a hardcore spooner. I'm always the big spoon.
    Number of Boomshot Headshots: 23.
    I recall when I used to be a huge Guardian player. It was the only MP I played in Gears 2, and the only reason why I played Gears 2 MP in the first place. I honestly thought Guardian was never coming back, but once again Epic tells us they're still here for us, and that they love us. <3

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Vexta View Post
    Ohh, didn't know it was that simple. Do we only get to play one match because I'd love to keep going?
    You can play as much as you like - til the event is over, of course - if there are a lot of players, the hosts with cycle out some of the players, so you might have to switch lobbies for awhile - don't worry, plenty of hosts for each region - but we haven't needed to cycle players sense the last game with devs event.

Why am I talking like I'm apart of GCON? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MattZTS View Post
    So true squirrel. I will ask some people see if we can make that happen.
    Alright, cool.

Don't forget to mention Gears 1 lobbies.....:P
    ~ SQ ~

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

You can play as much as you like - til the event is over, of course - if there are a lot of players, the hosts with cycle out some of the players, so you might have to switch lobbies for awhile - don't worry, plenty of hosts for each region - but we haven't needed to cycle players sense the last game with devs event.

Alright, cool.

You're beasting the answers here bro. No need to step in yet.

If there's interest in Gears 1 lobbies, we can do those as well. So far, when we've done them, there wasn't much interest. Since, we haven't offered any.
    WHATZZU!P!!E!RE!R

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: loweredfanatic8

Not as hyped about the prizes as usual, but still looking forward to this!
    Hope GCON doesn't get too competitive, i love how social it is.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThEvilHasLanded

Probably won't be shortly now this one we shall see will be a good one and that prize is pretty awesome
    GearsCON Staff
    Forum Custom Lobby Montages | Official GCON Channel
    Raised By Wolves
    Twitter @ThEvilHasLanded

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Vivica View Post
    We're expanding into new territory, but we'll never, ever lose that social aspect. I too love it!
    WHATZZU!P!!E!RE!R

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Alright, cool.

You're a seasoned GCONer you just know how it works and are helping out. We appreciate it too

I brought up Gears 1 lobbies. We just need to feel it out more and see if there is interest. Last event we had them didn't do very well at all

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderRown View Post

If there's interest in Gears 1 lobbies, we can do those as well. So far, when we've done them, there wasn't much interest. Since, we haven't offered any.
    lol
    Last edited by MattZTS; 08-04-2011 at 05:38 PM.
    GCON Host Manager
    Join up:

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, I realize that. Probably the lack of Gears 1 players on the forums. Even just a throwback event before Gears 3. That would make me happy.
    ~ SQ ~

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: thatguyPUNCH

Awesome !!!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hooligunn

Quote Originally Posted by Vivica View Post
    Never, EVER. We're always primarily focused on social experiences - this is a small but very important part of what we're doing moving forward.

Veteran

Alright, cool.

Thanks very much for the help! You'll be seeing me there without a doubt!

Also, I'd LOVE some Gears !

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pesanga View Post
    I can't wait for some Gow Nation events, those guys are really great over there.
    Not sure I understand what you are trying to say here? lol
    GCON Host Manager
    Join up:

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

That I can't wait for some events with Gow Nation since the guys over there are really great...
    Yes, but what does that have to do with GCON? was the point I was trying to make.
    GCON Host Manager
    Join up:

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hands of Tyr

I hope I can make this! Can't wait to get back and hang out with the community!
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianChm View Post
    Respect for the lone hero!
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HandsOfTyr
    GCON Moderator

Redeemer

Wat time is it over? I get off work at 8pm pacific

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SoullessKassidy PSN ID: Kassidy

I hate working Saturdays
    ~SoullessKassidy | HD Youtube~
    ~SoullessKassidy | HD Twitch~
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [] Young Marcus [] Emergence Era Baird [] Classic Hammerburst [] VIP Season Pass
    [] Alex Brand [] Jungle Tai [] Young Dom [] Anya
    [] Lambent Skin [] Web Weapon Skin [] Paintball Weapon Skin
    [] Big Game Skin [] Brisk Skins [] Team Pulse
    Help!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by xX RaMoN Xx View Post
    Wat time is it over? I get off work at 8pm pacific
    no set time really, but 8pm PST is 11pm EST. So hopefully a West Coast lobby will be open.
    GCON Host Manager
    Join up:

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, I realize that. Probably the lack of Gears 1 players on the forums. Even just a throwback event before Gears 3. That would make me happy.
    That makes sense. I'll try to make it happen.

I can't wait for some Gow Nation events, those guys are really great over there.
    Currently, we have no plans for a GN-partnered event.
    WHATZZU!P!!E!RE!R

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OujaStrike PSN ID: OujaStrike

Awesome...
    Gears of War 2 Level \\*// accomplished 9/17/11
    Gears of War 3
    Level \\*// accomplished 1/12/12 Gold Wings \\*//
    Gears of War Judgment Re-Up 4 - 2
    Add me on Xbox GT OujaStrike
    Twitter

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

That makes sense. I'll try to make it happen.
    * CommanderRown has received "S-Q" points. They make you even awesomer-er-er! *

Offer not valid in Canada:P *
    ~ SQ ~

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SpasmaticMidget

Any kind of theme this week?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwarden View Post
    Dude why are you even post this on forum nobody care?

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

* CommanderRown has received "S-Q" points. They make you even awesomer-er-er! *

Offer not valid in Canada:P *
    Oh, well, thanks Squirrel. I've collected enough Adam Points I think, what's the exchange rate?!

WAIT A MINUTE.

.....darn.

Quote Originally Posted by SpasmaticMidget View Post
    Lobby choice! Oh how spontaneous!
    WHATZZU!P!!E!RE!R

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThEvilHasLanded

Quote Originally Posted by SpasmaticMidget View Post
    Not really, not that I will be hosting by the looks of things

My plans will probably mean I am home too late
    GearsCON Staff
    Forum Custom Lobby Montages | Official GCON Channel
    Raised By Wolves
    Twitter @ThEvilHasLanded

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ERADICATlON

sorry im confussed , what happening when,where and how ?
    ERADICATION - GEARS OF WAR (1250G/1250G) - GEAR OF WAR PC (440G/1000G) - GEARS OF WAR 2 (1750G/1750G) - GEARS OF WAR 3 (0G/1000G)
    EPIC GAMES SYMPATHISING WITH VETERAN GEARS - SINCE 15/08/2011
    MIDNIGHT MADNESS 19th SEPTEMBER 2011 10.45PM - GAME - COMMANDO DOM + EPIC EDITION
    WEAPON SKINS UNLOCKED = (GOLDEN ) (CHROME ) (INFECTED OMEN ) (LIQIUD METAL ) (OYNX ) (LIQUID GREEN )

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Oh, well, thanks Squirrel. I've collected enough Adam Points I think, what's the exchange rate?!

WAIT A MINUTE.

.....darn.
    LOL!

Just joking, enjoy you're awesomer-er-erness!

S-Q points are waaay better then Adam points.....
    ~ SQ ~

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SpasmaticMidget

Quote Originally Posted by evilchris2003 View Post
    Not really, not that I will be hosting by the looks of things

My plans will probably mean I am home too late
    Oh man, that sucks.

Meh, at least I'll get a chance to try out some other lobbies this time. I'll try and get into the same one as Rown. It's been way too long since I headshotted him. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwarden View Post
    Dude why are you even post this on forum nobody care?

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DALE1503 View Post
    What's happening? GCON is a event we do every weekend (Well, usually) were all of us forum members get together and have fun. With the chance of winning prizes. All while in a chill, layed back lobby with other forum members.

When? This weeked!

Where? You're Xbox. This is all done from the comfort of you're home.

How? Private matches of course. On the day of the event, at 5 PM EST, the original post will be updated with hosts. Just send you're desired host a message and wait for an invite (usually takes a minute or 2) the hosts are ordered by region. So if you are in the US, don't worry about getting into a UK connection. You aren't obligated to talk at all. You don't even have to win the matches. Just have respect the other attendees, abide the rules, but most importantly, have fun!

A very layed back vibe, you can talk about anything you want (keep it clean, at least) and play how you want. And a great way to meet new people!
    ~ SQ ~

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DALE1503 View Post
    It's all in the OP, but here you go:

-Saturday, August 6th, starting at 5PM EST

-We post a list of GCON hosts shortly before the event starts. Click on a name from that list (sorted by region) and it'll take you to an xbox.com message center. Message them, and they'll invite.

-Where is basically from your xbox 360.

What's happening? GCON is a event we do every weekend (Well, usually) were all of us forum members get together and have fun. With the chance of winning prizes. All while in a chill, layed back lobby with other forum members.

When? This weeked!

Where? You're Xbox. This is all done from the comfort of you're home.

How? Private matches of course. On the day of the event, at 5 PM EST, the original post will be updated with hosts. Just send you're desired host a message and wait for an invite (usually takes a minute or 2) the hosts are ordered by region. So if you are in the US, don't worry about getting into a UK connection. You aren't obligated to talk at all. You don't even have to win the matches. Just have respect the other attendees, abide the rules, but most importantly, have fun!

A very layed back vibe, you can talk about anything you want (keep it clean, at least) and play how you want. And a great way to meet new people!

There you go. Thanks Squirrel, take these two answers and read on.
    WHATZZU!P!!E!RE!R

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

No problem, Rown. Just helping.

That, and have nothing better to do, anyways
    ~ SQ ~

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast