Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BROOD BL0ODRUSH

Default Playlists & Gametypes.

I've recently been looking into the gears 3 online more and think that there should be more playlists then just plain old :

Warzone -

Execution -

Capture The Leader -

King Of The Hill -

Team Deathmatch -

etc.

I believe that If the player wants to have fun online and play crazy gametypes without making a custom match and inviting friends, he should be able to do so.

Just like with Halo and COD, halo has Rumble Pit & Score Attack and Black Ops had sticks and stones, one In the chamber, and all that other stuff.

Although, I'm not on a position to tell Epic how to make their own game, I think some arrangements could be necessary.

I mean, If you look back In the past, If you guys played Halo 3

(Don't deny not ever playing Halo 3 because everyone played Halo 3 at least once)

What did everyone do when they got bored of multiplayer and campaign? they either forged a map or they played custom games.

Majority of those people who played custom games probably either played :

Fat Kid -
    Cops And Robbers -
    Ghost Busters -

Or any other silly childish game that was extremely fun.

My Point Is, what are people going to do on gears 3 when they unlocked all the achievements, beat the campaign, got lvl 100 In multiplayer, and had a little to much fun In horde 2.0 and beast mode?

They most certainly aren't going to sit there and stare at the menu screen..

That's why Epic needs to put different kinds of playlists In the multiplayer section that are childishly fun, and exciting In a way.

Just like the playlist that was In the Gears 3 Beta, Torque Bow Tag.

There needs to be more playlists and when I say that, I don't mean, ( DO IT EVERY WEEKEND ).

I even came up with my own playlist that would be filled with nothing but intense, crazy, fun. That playlist Is called..

Shankathon : Everyone gets a retro lancer and the only way to kill someone Is to retro charge them..

But you see, the list doesn't just stop there, there can be so many more It's insane.

I seen one posted by someone, I forgot who It was but he said there could be a playlist called...

Headhunter : Everyone gets a sniper and the only way to win Is to snipe your enemys.

Heres some more Ideas that I came up with.

Cleaver Fest : Everyone spawns with a cleaver, the only way to kill someone Is to cut them up.

Massacre : Everyone gets a lancer, the only way to win Is to chainsaw your enemies.

Commando
    : Everyone spawns In silverbacks

I've gotten more creative then that though, how about these? that I bet nowone even thought of?

Lone Wolf : Simply put, It's a free for all.

Juggernaut : 9 against 1.. the juggernaut can deal out way more damage then the other players and he can also take way more damage then other players, on the other hand, the other players are more quick.

Assault : Normal 5 on 5, but for thirty seconds, one teams weapons become unusable and can not melee giving the other team the upper hand. After the thirty seconds Is over with, the same go's for the other team.

Nemesis : Simply put, It's a 1v1.

So what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Murduhrous; 07-22-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FullDiamond

More playlists=Less people in each playlist=longer wait times, so, no thank you, maybe for special events.
    Can't stop the signal, Can't stop the signal going all over the' verse
    Thanks to Yosoypr for Jungle Tai, to NFI for Young Marcus, Lycan for Classic Hammy and Alex Brand, and to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for Neon
    (╯░□░)╯︵ ┻━┻ Grandmaster Table Flipper
    Quote Originally Posted by injek View Post
    To be frank; "You can't argue with stupid people. They just drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KBM bluejay

I don't feel like reading the post; sorry

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Volimar

There will be events, if that's what you mean, but they won't be playlists that will be there 24/7. Every new playlist that gets added further divides the pool of players.
    How can people be so upset about a weapon that is as easily countered as rolling backwards?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by KBM bluejay View Post
    I don't feel like reading the post; sorry
    That's a bit dumb and pointless.

Why comment when you didn't even read my thread??

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Volimar View Post
    There will be events, if that's what you mean, but they won't be playlists that will be there 24/7. Every new playlist that gets added further divides the pool of players.
    well my opinion is still that if they are goiing to add warzone/execution why not add as many modes as possible?

I believe that more people will play TDM then execution/warzone combined and yet still epic brung those inferior modes back from the dead; how sad

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: G0LDEN AVENGER

Quote Originally Posted by FullDiamond View Post
    More playlists=Less people in each playlist=longer wait times, so, no thank you, maybe for special events.
    You Hit The Nail. But If they did this like on weekend or events i wouldnt mind
    FOLLOW ME @G0LDEN_AVENGER

Banned
    Gamer IDs

No special playlists 24/7 huh, hmm. Idk, maybe that's why I keep getting teamed up with the same people on gears. Must not be alot of people playing online..

Palace Guard

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrashballer

If they did it like Left 4 Dead 2's Mutators, it would be pretty interesting. However, more playists would just spread out the population making it hard to find games.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashballer View Post
    If they did it like Left 4 Dead 2's Mutators, it would be pretty interesting. However, more playists would just spread out the population making it hard to find games.
    actually that was ripped off of halo double exp weekends but yeah; they could also have XBL polls and that would be pretty sweet if you ask me.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bugz N7 PSN ID: Bugz_XO

Just give me Old School playlist and I'm good.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bugz N7 PSN ID: Bugz_XO

I also wish EPIC had more fun with playlist. They always seem to be on serious mode.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IL0V3G3AIRSE

I think a gametype like plant the resonator would be awesome!! Like assault in halo. Or Protect jack gametype like search and destroy

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Juicy Grenadier

I've never played Halo 3, but I play Reach sometimes. It has WAAAAY
    too many playlist, most of which are either unpopular or redundant.

Keep the playlists that we have now. Then add some special (perhaps
    community designed?) gametypes during events. Depending on their
    popularity; allow them to stay.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GroaningTurnip

The more gametypes, the better. Weapon specific ones would be cool. But with Gears 3 I think epic is trying to get the formula correct, after their last attempt...
    Herp Derp

Banned
    Gamer IDs

More gametypes = fun.

I can see where people are coming from with the whole, "longer waiting for matches" but you have to remember, these aren't gears 2 servers..

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I can't believe they haven't closed this thread; it's an obvious comparison thread and yet they still decide to keep it open, -facepalm-

the only thing I really didn't like about the gametypes and such for gears 3 was that they brung back execution/warzone when they should of just brought back an old school type of playlist; I don't think many of the new gears players will get into execution/warzone nearly as much as TDM.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Terra D Serph PSN ID: Terra_D_Serph

Enough..ENOUGH of the old school playlist. My GOD. We all know it's not coming back, stop talking about it. The sawed-off/retro debate was closed at the same time the playlist debate was closed. There's a reason we don't talk about these things, and it's because Epic has said, from their own mouths, that they won't add more playlists because it divides the pool of players up too much.

Ideas like these are okay, for daydreaming, but seriously. ENOUGH WITH THE OSP. IT'S NOT COMING BACK. -____- Go play Gears 1 or 2 if you want those playlists.

Sorry, Mr. Cranky Guy needs his sleep; I'm heading out now. G'night.
    Imagine if OverRun was placed as a PC standalone game.
    Also, Thrashball should be a professional E-sport.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rainbow Dash LE

but think about what you have said when you have done everything on Gears 3 to complete the whole game it will take about 2 years maybe depending on how long you play it and DLC would be brought out yes special playlists for events yeah no everyday though
    Fellow Bronies and Pegasisters feel free to add me ~ Wind Beneath Her Wings ~ Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash
    Gears of War ~ R.I.P
    Born November 7, 2006 ~ Died March 19, 2013
    Injustice: God Among Us ~ April 16, 2013 ~ Playing as Harley Quinn

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Alabamage

theres gonna be torqe bow tag

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nothin2Flashy

All the gametypes have been dumbed down anyway, why add to that? lol
    I tried to pay attention but attention paid me
    haters can't see me, nose bleed seats
    and today I went shopping and talk is still cheap

NothinFlashyÖ

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FullDiamond View Post
    lame excuse. if there is hardly anyone searching for that gametype, then epic can remove it. doubtful since all the different people that play gears of war online. choice is and never will be a bad thing. and worst case scenario for anyone with a decent connection in gears 2 is they become host vs bots until people show up (in social).

Personally, I only want them to rename KOTH in gears 3 to Annex since that is what it really is and bring back the real KOTH that always has plenty of people playing it in Gears 2 (as does Annex, so they do not need to remove or "merge" them)

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: C4SINO

You make a lot of threads that go on and on, and I didn't even read it. I'd like more customization over my game modes but I'm happy with what's been provided, in the end it was just a gimmick, I never play custom games in halo, nor do I play wager matches in CoD. Those were game modes where the novelty wore off very quickly

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Repo Boom

I agree OP. Bring in a ton of new game modes. Variety is the spice of life. COD and Halo, I am the one guy who never played Halo 3 lol, implemented a ton of modes and that is what kept me playing. It is too bad that Gears can't do a decent game of CTF. It was my fondest memory of playing Unreal Tournament. I am sad they decided to get rid of Guardian. Why limit the people playing your game? Makes no sense and if the argument is disk space, why have other games absolutely crammed their games with superior options?
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Thoreau