He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

Default Gears PC Install Problem

edit: NVM. Disk is corrupted.
    Last edited by TAO Devil; 08-01-2011 at 11:38 AM.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Popogeejoe

Tao I dont have an answer for ya but when the good people of the forums get ya up and running wanna do some campaign together?
    Growing old is MANDATORY....Growing up is OPTIONAL
    BEST COMMUNITY STREAM : http://www.twitch.tv/ev0l0ne
    ATLANTIC COAST CANADA GCON HOST http://www.speedtest.net/result/1766514859.png
    Twitter: @Popogeejoe

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Popogeejoe View Post
    Tao I dont have an answer for ya but when the good people of the forums get ya up and running wanna do some campaign together?
    If I finally get this running? Maybe. But I'm tempted to just put some buckshot through my computer right now.

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

lol......im trying to get the Beast mod to work but have no idea where to go to start it up.....

Palace Guard

lol......im trying to get the Beast mod to work but have no idea where to go to start it up.....
    If you cannot open up the console and have put it in the correct place you can go to versus --> live list play --> host --> then cycle through the maps until you find BEASTMODE. Then just start it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitpawz View Post
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JUGGERNUT View Post
    If you cannot open up the console and have put it in the correct place you can go to versus --> live list play --> host --> then cycle through the maps until you find BEASTMODE. Then just start it.
    thanks man ill try that

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JUGGERNUT View Post
    worked like a charm.....thanks man its really fun

Tao any luck yet ?

Gamer IDs

worked like a charm.....thanks man its really fun

Tao any luck yet ?
    nope. tried every trick that's been suggested and every work around I've found through Google.

Nothing.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    nope. tried every trick that's been suggested and every work around I've found through Google.

Nothing.
    Thats balls man.

Gamer IDs

Thats balls man.
    yeah, I'm hoping I can get some help with it. Squirrel says he had the same issue and his friend fixed it. He just doesn;t know how, so hopefully his friend can write down something.

Gamer IDs

does this mean anything to anyone?

go into the disc files and finding the missing files.Something about the certain files were put into the wrong folder, find them, cut and paste them into the disc files.

MSgt. Shooter Person

If your game is retail try to copy it to your desktop or spare external HDD, make sure the folders and there structure are the same (eg SP_EphyraStreets_Scripting1.war.comp is in GEARSOFWAR\program files\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\WarGame\CookedPC\Maps\MP_Maps) and install it from there. I had a similar problem when I switched from xp64 to Win7 64, same Pc and dvd drive but always errored out over some file not being found. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by WOBBLER; 07-21-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: folders not fkn files

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by WOBBLER View Post
    If your game is retail try to copy it to your desktop or spare external HDD, make sure the files and there structure are the same (eg SP_EphyraStreets_Scripting1.war.comp is in GEARSOFWAR\program files\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\WarGame\CookedPC\Maps\MP_Maps) and install it from there. I had a similar problem when I switched from xp64 to Win7 64, same Pc and dvd drive but always errored out over some file not being found. Hope this helps.
    can you please explain how to accomplish this? I am lacking in computer skills.

MSgt. Shooter Person

TAO Devil, is your game retail or a downloaded iso ?

Gamer IDs

TAO Devil, is your game retail or a downloaded iso ?
    retail. it was a brand new game

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Warning: Wall of text

First put your gears disc in yor pc and click on start then My Computer, right click on the drive with gears in and select open. You should now see the contents (files and folders) of the disk, navigate to the MP_Process.war.comp file by clicking on the program files folder then the Microsoft Games folder then Gears of War folder then WarGame folder then the CookedPC folder then the Maps folder and finally the MP_Maps folder. If you have no problems make a folder named GEARSOFWAR on your desktop and copy the contents of you disk over to it, click on the setup.exe and install. If your pc hangs or slows down when you navigated to the discs MP_Maps folder you might have the same problem I had. I had to use a laptop that could read the disc and copy over the game to a external hard drive. The laptop only has 1gb of ram and would crap out trying to copy the 7+gb game to disc in one chunk so I had to make a folder named GEARSOFWAR and inside that all the other folders (eg. program files folder and inside that the Microsoft Games folder and so on untill you get to MP_Maps folder). After I had the folder structure set up the same as the disc I copied all the files from the game disc to my GEARSOFWAR folder so they matched the exact order of the disc and then installed the game on my desktop pc using the external hard drive(usb)......phew. Its early here so if things don't make sense I will try to explain better tomorrow.
    Last edited by WOBBLER; 07-21-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Gamer IDs

First put your gears disc in yor pc and click on start then My Computer, right click on the drive with gears in and select open. You should now see the contents (files and folders) of the disk, navigate to the MP_Process.war.comp file by clicking on the program files folder then the Microsoft Games folder then Gears of War folder then WarGame folder then the CookedPC folder then the Maps folder and finally the MP_Maps folder. If you have no problems make a folder named GEARSOFWAR on your desktop and copy the contents of you disk over to it, click on the setup.exe and install. If your pc hangs or slows down when you navigated to the discs MP_Maps folder you might have the same problem I had. I had to use a laptop that could read the disc and copy over the game to a external hard drive. The laptop only has 1gb of ram and would crap out trying to copy the 7+gb game to disc in one chunk so I had to make a folder named GEARSOFWAR and inside that all the other folders (eg. program files folder and inside that the Microsoft Games folder and so on untill you get to MP_Maps folder). After I had the folder structure set up the same as the disc I copied all the files from the game disc to my GEARSOFWAR folder so they matched the exact order of the disc and then installed the game on my desktop pc using the external hard drive(usb)......phew. Its early here so if things don't make sense I will try to explain better tomorrow.
    It failed to copy last night. It ran into the same issues this time with 3 maps.

I'm going to try a second computer because I think that computer can't read the disc for some reason.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I think KakashiiX2 is right, it sounds like a problem with windows7+your dvd drive. When the game first came out quite a few people had the same problem with vista and their dvd drives. If you can't find a way to copy the disc's content to a folder named GEARSOFWAR on either your desktop or external HDD/usb stick, torrent a gears iso, mount it on a vitual drive or extract the files from it to a folder named GEARSOFWAR install and use your legit serial number.

Gamer IDs

I think KakashiiX2 is right, it sounds like a problem with windows7+your dvd drive. When the game first came out quite a few people had the same problem with vista and their dvd drives. If you can't find a way to copy the disc's content to a folder named GEARSOFWAR on either your desktop or external HDD/usb stick, torrent a gears iso, mount it on a vitual drive or extract the files from it to a folder named GEARSOFWAR install and use your legit serial number.
    I have no idea what that means. I will try putting it on another PC and copying them to a flash drive.

MSgt. Shooter Person

No worries, sometimes I have trouble understanding myself... If you can't get it to work with your retail disc download a digital copy of the game from the interwebs, install the game (remember to install editor and update to latest patch etc.) And when you get a promt for a serial number when first playing the game use the one that came with your retail game.

Gamer IDs

No worries, sometimes I have trouble understanding myself... If you can't get it to work with your retail disc download a digital copy of the game from the interwebs, install the game (remember to install editor and update to latest patch etc.) And when you get a promt for a serial number when first playing the game use the one that came with your retail game.
    2 more computers failed to install/copy game data.

one ran XP, one ran Vista. I think it's the disc.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Have you tried copying the game folder by folder? Can you navigate to the program files\Microsoft\Games\Gears of War\WarGame\CookedPC\Maps\MP_Maps folder on your game disc and copy/paste it to your desktop? Like KakashiiX2 suggested it might be less hassle for you to download a torrent of the game and use your serial number from your retail copy.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by KakashiiX2 View Post
    What happens when you try to copy the game, not install it on both the XP or Vista machine? Does the transfer suddenly stop or freeze?

When I say copy, I mean right clicking on the dvd-rom drive and hitting explore. Then right click copy and paste the contents to a folder within your desktop.

It might be the disc if you get a redundancy error or if the game halts in moving the files. If that's the case, then you'll need to get a copy off the game in a torrent or something, your physical copy sounds like it's a corrupted one.
    Have you tried copying the game folder by folder? Can you navigate to the program files\Microsoft\Games\Gears of War\WarGame\CookedPC\Maps\MP_Maps folder on your game disc and copy/paste it to your desktop? Like KakashiiX2 suggested it might be less hassle for you to download a torrent of the game and use your serial number from your retail copy.
    I went all the way to trying to copy individual files. The same probelms I had when trying to install happened with those individual files. I believe it's a corrupted disc.

How do I torrent a game? I don't want any pirated games. I have my product key so if it's possible to get a true copy, not a cracked one, can you tell me how?

Boomshot

Did you install all those drivers? netframe vusual C++,etc, latestd Gears patch?...

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by KakashiiX2 View Post
    I don't think he even got to that since he can't finish the installation.
    nope. Hopefully my buddy can figure it out this weekend.

He builds his optimum PC's by himself, so he should know how, if it's a comp problem

Palace Guard

Odd, currently my friend has the same problem, I told him to before installing to go to more options and untick the "Run Gears after install".... currently waiting to hear back from him.

EDIT: He still got the problem, but he took the disc out, cleaned it and retried, so far so good!
    Last edited by JUGGERNUT; 08-10-2011 at 01:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitpawz View Post
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

Gamer IDs

guys, I got a new copy. this thread can die now.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lambent Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    guys, I got a new copy. this thread can die now.
    I thought "Go to sleep mode" would be a better way to say die. Lol!
    Founder/Director for PWE
    QA for BM Team
    Betrayl | Pendulum Wars Elite

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Drone

You need flak's magical powers to kill this thread for good, she has the powah!