Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Horde 2.0

Palace Guard

Quote Originally Posted by quality1000 View Post
    so i'll resize them. is it 2024 x 2024?
    Usually Epic is going 1024x1024 nowadays, which is lame, lol.

But without the 1 gig tfc file, you'll be getting literally 16 pixels, you can't resize that, lol!

Which do you need?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitpawz View Post
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jcb100

Quote Originally Posted by JUGGERNUT View Post
    Usually Epic is going 1024x1024 nowadays, which is lame, lol.

But without the 1 gig tfc file, you'll be getting literally 16 pixels, you can't resize that, lol!

Which do you need?
    really 1GB? all it does is support some texture files
    Horde 2.0 | ModDB: Horde 2.0 | [TUT]New AI | [TUT]C++ Fix
    Favourite COG: Civilian Marcus | Favourite Locust: RAAM | Loadout: Lancer, Gnasher, Snub Pistol, Frag Grenades
    I understand they have located another squad. Our strategy remains the same. Cut off the head of the snake... and the body dies... We will win this war, it is only a matter of time.
    They do not understand. They do not know why we wage this war. Why we cannot stop. Will not stop. Until we win... or we die. And we are not dead yet.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Drone

Yup it's called TEXTURE file cache for a reason, no way am I uploading 1 gig. Jug, the original textures are 2048x2048 but I think the cooking process for consoles PS3 & Xenon it reduces the size. Right now I don't feel like explaining UE3's seekfree cooking process. Come to think of it though, even if the textures are 1024x1024, UE3 does a really good job of scaling the textures up without distortion and such.
    Last edited by Drone *; 12-29-2011 at 04:35 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyLocust View Post
    Yup it's called TEXTURE file cache for a reason, no way am I uploading 1 gig. Jug, the original textures are 2048x2048 but I think the cooking process for consoles PS3 & Xenon it reduces the size. Right now I don't feel like explaining UE3's seekfree cooking process. Come to think of it though, even if the textures are 1024x1024, UE3 does a really good job of scaling the textures up without distortion and such.
    I have a Gears of War 3.iso can I get the .xxx and .tfc files from that?
    Last edited by quality1000; 12-29-2011 at 04:52 PM.
    Favourite COG: Civilian Marcus | Favourite Locust: RAAM | Loadout: Lancer, Gnasher, Snub Pistol, Frag Grenades
    I understand they have located another squad. Our strategy remains the same. Cut off the head of the snake... and the body dies... We will win this war, it is only a matter of time.
    They do not understand. They do not know why we wage this war. Why we cannot stop. Will not stop. Until we win... or we die. And we are not dead yet.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Yes you can

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

could you explain how? googling doesn't get results or get me link to anothers tutorial
    Last edited by quality1000; 12-29-2011 at 05:07 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I have just added an Allies respawn system and a weapon ammo pickup system(thanks JUGG).

Boomshot

OK, played it, need more locust, the battle is really cold, so 20 each wave is better ,and more life to them ,not kill and die soon...

better UI for character choose, also bot teammate just stand there no move, need fix, no other big bug met....

Great models port man, next time hope we can choose out teammate, even BOSS enemy locust, lol, thanks....

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by darksin View Post
    OK, played it, need more locust, the battle is really cold, so 20 each wave is better ,and more life to them ,not kill and die soon...

better UI for character choose, also bot teammate just stand there no move, need fix, no other big bug met....

Great models port man, next time hope we can choose out teammate, even BOSS enemy locust, lol, thanks....
    1. I have added more locust ready for V0.2
    2. Thier health has been doubled which tends to make helping Carmines die easily.
    3. The Character choice will stay like that incase I port to online gametype.
    4. When the locust spawn the bots will start attackng/defending, don't know why that happened to you?
    5. There is a BOSS Locust, and his name is General RAAM. every 10 waves he will appear.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Enemies respawning is a bad idea. If you wan't to replicate Gears 3's Horde mode then this is not the way to go. I wouldn't waste your time with MP, it's dead and absolutely NO one plays custom content online these days. Horde waves are progressive, starting off with a few easy enemies (Drones & Wretches) then wave 10 is a boss fight with several different difficult enemies. Bear in mind for optimization purposes these enemies don't all need to appear on screen at once, you can configure this in the AI Factory settings.

You get about 30 seconds between each wave to stock up on ammo and build fortifications on G3, although you could trim this down to 15-20 seconds. Once that time period expires, ammo boxes should disappear.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lambent Veteran

I like cheese.
    Founder/Director for PWE
    QA for BM Team
    Betrayl | Pendulum Wars Elite

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Lambent Veteran View Post
    I like cheese.
    lol? Lambent?

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

lol? Lambent?
    I did not post that.
    Founder/Director for PWE
    QA for BM Team

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I did not post that.
    Yes you did, you have a split personality, son.

Boomshot

Well, not spawn and stand there, but sometimes in action, bot just stand in some place and don't move, seems get stucked...need some fix...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Well, not spawn and stand there, but sometimes in action, bot just stand in some place and don't move, seems get stucked...need some fix...
    you seem to be the only one who has experienced this. has anyone else got this?

Boomshot

Because i play bot mod for a long time, lol, anyway, how about female model voice added in?.....

MSgt. Shooter Person

you seem to be the only one who has experienced this. has anyone else got this?
    Nah, they dont freeze and get stuck, he just wants friendly AI to shotty rush the enemy like humans on MP.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

...which aint gonna happen.

Boomshot

Thumbs up

Well, not enemy rush, but in action, one COG bot teammate stand there no move, met once.....

Also the each wave waiting is too long, i thnk just 5- 10 seconds is good enough.......
    Last edited by darksin; 01-03-2012 at 08:28 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

My Download Manager:
    Here
    Last edited by quality1000; 01-15-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

The forms should not hide the taskbar and completely cover the screen. Also when opening a new forum it shouldn't open separate forums stacked upon each other, consider using tabs. Also AFAIK, Darksin can't download from dropbox although at the same time you shouldn't cater to one persons needs and rather cater to the majority

If I get time in future I will program a download manager for you, if I remember this was something I was planning to do for you a couple of months back too.

Boomshot

Thumbs up

Yeah for the majority, gamefront download is good enough.....

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I agree when it comes to a project like Horde.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

The forms should not hide the taskbar and completely cover the screen. Also when opening a new forum it shouldn't open separate forums stacked upon each other, consider using tabs. Also AFAIK, Darksin can't download from dropbox although at the same time you shouldn't cater to one persons needs and rather cater to the majority

If I get time in future I will program a download manager for you, if I remember this was something I was planning to do for you a couple of months back too.
    yeah this was a small thing i did in the meantime for this mod until you made one for me.
    also is there a way for it to tell when the download is complete?

EDIT: just found out by myself with how easy Visual Studio 2010 is :P
    Last edited by quality1000; 01-15-2012 at 04:59 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I just updated the Download Manager so you all need to redownload. Its IMPORTANT you do because it now has a bug report and looks a lot better! :P

EDIT: updated OP with DM pics(Download Manager)
    Last edited by quality1000; 01-15-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

When I work on your download manager I will implement automatic updates. I will be reprogramming my PWBinaries and PWManager from scratch to make it more efficient for the full release. Gotta make it so that it only updates the maps that have been downloaded and not all of the kismet files. I will be working on the content download client too

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

When I work on your download manager I will implement automatic updates. I will be reprogramming my PWBinaries and PWManager from scratch to make it more efficient for the full release. Gotta make it so that it only updates the maps that have been downloaded and not all of the kismet files. I will be working on the content download client too
    so is there a "if User has wz_warmachine_k then download lastest one" option?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

That's what I'm aiming to do, yes. Basically if an update is available it will do a check through an ini file to determine which maps you have downloaded then update whatever maps you have downloaded.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

That's what I'm aiming to do, yes. Basically if an update is available it will do a check through an ini file to determine which maps you have downloaded then update whatever maps you have downloaded.
    wow, good luck with that! .INI files are a good way of controlling things...

Banned
    Gamer IDs

wow, good luck with that! .INI files are a good way of controlling things...
    Yeah, although I am considering using XML instead. It tends to be more convenient when it comes to parsing and such.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I have manage to get it to download a version.txt file upon startup which will tell you what the lastest version is and a current.txt which is installed in the installer. that way the person knows what thier version is and the lastest released version.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Nice, basically how the new PWBinaries work so far is that it checks an XML file located on a server for the latest version number and if that version number is higher than the exe's version number then it brings up this form.
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This is properties that are in my xml file which is stored on the server. This stores the changelog (update notes), version number and such.

Using an xml is also useful for various server-side changes to your applications like enabling or disabling bug report due to spammers, enabling or disabling downloads and what not. Since I would be using this form for startup announcements also I would control the form's title & hide the download button if I was just making an announcement and could do this through the XML file. I will work on your Download Manager when I have time and done with other projects
    Last edited by Drone *; 01-16-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Boomshot

When will the new patch comes out?........

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I will work on your Download Manager when I have time and done with other projects
    You don't have to repeatedly tell me that. just let me know when its done.

When will the new patch comes out?........
    When it's done.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

You don't have to repeatedly tell me that. just let me know when its done.
    I think CowboyLocust wishes I would say that all the time too. LOL!
    Founder/Director for PWE
    QA for BM Team

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Nice, basically how the new PWBinaries work so far is that it checks an XML file located on a server for the latest version number and if that version number is higher than the exe's version number then it brings up this form.
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This is properties that are in my xml file which is stored on the server. This stores the changelog (update notes), version number and such.

Using an xml is also useful for various server-side changes to your applications like enabling or disabling bug report due to spammers, enabling or disabling downloads and what not. Since I would be using this form for startup announcements also I would control the form's title & hide the download button if I was just making an announcement and could do this through the XML file. I will work on your Download Manager when I have time and done with other projects

Are you using C++ to make that?
    Founder/Director for PWE
    QA for BM Team

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Are you using C++ to make that?
    No, C# is being used

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

added first part of YouTube series to OP.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Stxtty

The map 'HRD20_Menu' doesn't exist, please help i downloaded it and ran the installer and it said it was successful I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast