Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Horde 2.0

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jcb100

Exclamation Horde 2.0

Mod Details

This mod will try to add all the features of Horde 2.0. from Gears of War 3 for the PC version of Gears of War. As Gears of War PC has no Horde Mode the mod will be made from scratch. The Mod will have 50 waves in total and in which you have to survive using skill and equipment available to you. The Coalition of Ordered Governments will want the Locust Horde invasion to be stopped at any cost.

Features:
    • Random Waves(Done)
    • Bosses(Done)
    • Character Choice(Done)
    • Weapon Choice(Not Done)
    • Money System(Not Done)
    • Upgrade: Turrets(Done)
    • Upgrade: Cover(Not Done)
    • Upgrade: Barricades(Not Done)
    • Controllable Robots(Not Done)
    • All Gears PC MP Maps playable in Horde(1 Done)
    • 50 Waves(10/50 Done)
    • Lives System(5 Lives)
    • Mutators(6/15 Done)
    • Gears of War 3 Models(9 COG Done, 1 Locust Done, 1 Lambent Done)
    • Active Poisons(1/4 Done)
    Playable Maps:
    • Gridlock
    • Tyro Pillar
    Mod DB Page

Youtube:
    YouTube Playlist - Horde 2.0

Download Instructions:
    Extract .zip to Documents/My Games/Gears of War for Windows
    Launch Gears of War
    Open console and type in 'open HRD20_Menu'

Download

Manual Download:
    COG
    Locust
    Gamepack
    Maps
    FAQ:
    Q:I cannot launch the application.
    A:That is something I cannot fix. I can only fix something that occurs once the map is loaded.

Q:When I type in console 'open HRD20_Menu' nothing happens.
    A:Make sure all files are installed correctly and see if you can launch other custom maps.
    Credits:
    quality1000 - Horde 2.0(This mod) and most of its features, Horde 2.0 Download Manager
    Lambent Veteran - Gears 3 Models

Things I need help with:
    Money System
    Point System

Video Preview(V0.1):

Download Manager Pics:

Mod Screenshots:
    Last edited by quality1000; 06-26-2012 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Update on progress
    Horde 2.0 | ModDB: Horde 2.0 | [TUT]New AI | [TUT]C++ Fix
    Favourite COG: Civilian Marcus | Favourite Locust: RAAM | Loadout: Lancer, Gnasher, Snub Pistol, Frag Grenades
    I understand they have located another squad. Our strategy remains the same. Cut off the head of the snake... and the body dies... We will win this war, it is only a matter of time.
    They do not understand. They do not know why we wage this war. Why we cannot stop. Will not stop. Until we win... or we die. And we are not dead yet.

This sounds awesome! I look forward to trying it out!

Boomshot

Yeah, it's here finally, Horde always the best, my favorate mode. The second is Beast, if all kinds of locusts can be added in. ..

So how many locusts in one wave?...Weapon Choice is really a good idea in future....
    Last edited by darksin; 07-17-2011 at 09:04 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by darksin View Post
    Yeah, it's here finally, Horde always the best, my favorate mode. The second is Beast, if all kinds of locusts can be added in. ..

So how many locusts in one wave?...Weapon Choice is really a good idea in future....
    Locusts in each wave changes as the waves get higher when its the lower waves its about 20. 10 at a time. the higher waves will have like 50. 20-30 at a time.

Weapon choice will only be primary + secondary weapon. e.g. Lancer + Gnasher or Hammerburst + Longshot

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by quality1000 View Post
    Locusts in each wave changes as the waves get higher when its the lower waves its about 20. 10 at a time. the higher waves will have like 50. 20-30 at a time.

Weapon choice will only be primary + secondary weapon. e.g. Lancer + Gnasher or Hammerburst + Longshot
    A little advice, check if 50 at a time does not crash, GOW1 engine has no crowd feature. Also, check your PM in this forum

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by XxXbObXxX View Post
    A little advice, check if 50 at a time does not crash, GOW1 engine has no crowd feature. Also, check your PM in this forum
    yeah that's the reason why in those big waves I'm gonna have only about 20 enemies at a time

Boomshot

That's nice, i played Bob's Horde and found some frame drop when a lot of wretches spawn together, but that's also becasue a lot of teammate, if just 4 teammate then no problem at all...

How many COG AI in this Horde 2.0? ....

MSgt. Shooter Person

That's nice, i played Bob's Horde and found some frame drop when a lot of wretches spawn together, but that's also becasue a lot of teammate, if just 4 teammate then no problem at all...

Frame drop of wretches spawning thogheter was on old versions in which everyone spawned from the same "place" (path node).

Boomshot

Got it...

Anyway if just only few teammate then it's OK, or another problem is they always down, make the screen full of red icon, looks very ugly...

too busy to revive them, so just 3 or 4 teammate is good enough..

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Got it...

Anyway if just only few teammate then it's OK, or another problem is they always down, make the screen full of red icon, looks very ugly...

too busy to revive them, so just 3 or 4 teammate is good enough..
    The COG Tend to stay in the "Safe Area"(the Spawn point) and will only leave it if you too far away from them

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

How many COG AI in this Horde 2.0? ....
    4 COG AI are your allies and so does not take up as much of screen when they are all down

Boomshot

That's great, i think the character choose UI can be made more beautiful, good luck. Waiting...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Check the first post for Picture Attachments

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Drone

What I'd recommend to speed up progress is, don't port maps when your kismet is still in development. If you port them with unfinished kismet you will have to go round each map and sort the kismet again.

As for your UI question, I will mess around with it and see what I can come up with

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyLocust View Post
    What I'd recommend to speed up progress is, don't port maps when your kismet is still in development. If you port them with unfinished kismet you will have to go round each map and sort the kismet again.

As for your UI question, I will mess around with it and see what I can come up with
    Thanks for messing around with UI and I ported kismet early cause it worked on one map but not on another
    Favourite COG: Civilian Marcus | Favourite Locust: RAAM | Loadout: Lancer, Gnasher, Snub Pistol, Frag Grenades
    I understand they have located another squad. Our strategy remains the same. Cut off the head of the snake... and the body dies... We will win this war, it is only a matter of time.
    They do not understand. They do not know why we wage this war. Why we cannot stop. Will not stop. Until we win... or we die. And we are not dead yet.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Thanks for messing around with UI and I ported kismet early cause it worked on one map but not on another
    The problem was Character select. when i used my character select I Spawned but my cam was on the ground with the crimson omen filled in the middle of the screen and I had no control of the selected character and when he died he went down and couldn't die

Kismet:
    Sequence Activated -> Actor Factory(Archtype) -> Possess Pawn -> Finnish Sequence

UI Button Kismet:
    On Click -> Message Box -> Activate Level Event -> Close Scene

EDIT: Fixed
    Last edited by quality1000; 07-28-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Boomshot

Good to see progress goes on, and a moddb forum ,great work....

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Check first post for Video

Boomshot

Seems the most complicated Horde mod ever made......

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Seems the most complicated Horde mod ever made......
    Do you mean cause of the Upgrades?

Looking good! Keep up the exceptional work quality1000! The upgrading system brings much more depth and strategy.

Boomshot

Yeah, the new system is really nice and has great potential.....

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Alpha release possibly by next week

MSgt. Shooter Person

I can not wait to alpha

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lambent Veteran

Now all you need is Gears 3 characters which I know "somebody" who can get them.
    Founder/Director for PWE
    QA for BM Team
    Betrayl | Pendulum Wars Elite

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Lambent Veteran View Post
    Now all you need is Gears 3 characters which I know "somebody" who can get them.
    So do I but he'll do them in a couple of weeks so no Gears 3 models for alpha

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lambent Veteran

So do I but he'll do them in a couple of weeks so no Gears 3 models for alpha
    I have them right now. If you want a partner, I'll be your Tester/Character Model Assistant.
    Founder/Director for PWE
    QA for BM Team
    Betrayl | Pendulum Wars Elite

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Check your Moddb profile quality, I've posted link to screenshot.

-S19

Boomshot

Good to see coming soon, Yeah, Gears 2 and 3 models added in in future, the best Horde mod ever made.....

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Yup, I've got all the Gears 3 content sitting on my pc so you gotta be a good boy and not accuse me of trolling in order to experience it

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Onyx Guard pretty much done, just need to tweak his emissive (Glowy eyes and armor LEDs)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Onyx Guard pretty much done, just need to tweak his emissive (Glowy eyes and armor LEDs)

Good to see the new models working

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Also now darksin can't accuse you of trolling

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Hehe, yeah. I just need to give the helmet eye slots more "Glow" as they look a bit dim and too vibrant.

MSgt. Shooter Person

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOW3 characters FTW
    Last edited by XxXbObXxX; 08-03-2011 at 10:05 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Too bad we cant make the Gears 3 Campaign through Unreal Editor

MSgt. Shooter Person

Too bad we cant make the Gears 3 Campaign through Unreal Editor
    The campaign is no big deal for me, I watched (watched only) all spoiler videos I could find , planning the same for GOW2 when I get more free time.
    Last edited by XxXbObXxX; 08-03-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pantallid3th

The Coalition of Organised Governments
    it Ordered Governments not organised
    ۩۞۩Gears of War 3 Epic Edition Owner۩۞۩
    Why Do I Feel Compelled To Understand Your Inadequacies As A Soldier? Is It Your Lack Of Training? Lack Of Discipline? Or Simply, Lack Of Internet Connection...
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyieu View Post
    You are the Marcus to my Dom, the Baird to my Cole, the grenade that closes the emergence hole, if you were mine i'd make you see together we should play Gears of War 3

Boomshot

Good, alpha is coming, good to see modders still working on this game...as long as no more Gears come to PC, the modding can't be stopped and must go on.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast