The Sacrifice
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TGB Murat

Default input zone june version

Hi all.
    I have a inputzone problem. Dont see input icons on screen. I was define this input zone lines inside mobile-udkgame.ini
    Code:
    [myfolder.mygame]
    +RequiredMobileInputConfigs=(GroupName="MyGroup",RequireZoneNames=("MyStickMoveZone"))
    +RequiredMobileInputconfigs=(GroupName="InitialFlybyGroup")
    Code:
    [MyStickMoveZone MobileInputZone]
    InputKey=MOBILE_AForward
    HorizontalInputKey=MOBILE_AStrafe
    Type=ZoneType_Joystick
    bRelativeX=true
    bRelativeY=true
    bRelativeSizeX=true
    bRelativeSizeY=true
    X=0.05
    Y=-0.4
    SizeX=0.1965
    SizeY=1.0
    bSizeYFromSizeX=true
    VertMultiplier=-1.0
    HorizMultiplier=1.0
    bScalePawnMovement=true
    RenderColor=(R=255,G=255,B=255,A=255)
    InactiveAlpha=0.25
    bUseGentleTransitions=true
    ResetCenterAfterInactivityTime=3.0
    ActivateTime=0.6
    DeactivateTime=0.2
    TapDistanceConstraint=5
    I was extend my pawn class from Pawn. Playercontrollerclass -> GamePlayercontroller. Gameclass -> FrameworkGame. Any idea?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Meat Bees

Guess here but aren't the zones setup in mobilepc? if you aren't extending from that you may want to copy all the setup functionality.

The Sacrifice
    Gamer IDs

MobilePC was deleted june udk version.

Iron Guard

it was renamed to SimplePC and moved to UDKBase.
    You should read the release notes...

The Sacrifice
    Gamer IDs

Omg i skipped release notes. sorry. Thank for reply. I'll try that.

MSgt. Shooter Person

yeah this is a huge change for june release. lots of stuff needs migrated back to standard udk for mobile and you also need to change some inheritance

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Same problem here too and not using Mobile.classes

I'm having a similar problem and none of my classes are extended from mobile.* classes , they are all from GameFramework.

The ini file changes outlined in the mobile upgrade doc don't help much becase they say
    'MobileGame\Config\DefaultGame.ini -> UDKGame\Config\Mobile\MobileGame.ini ' but all the input zones for the sample games that ship with June aren't in there , they are in
    UDKGame\Config\DefaultGameUDK.ini , Mobile-UDKGame.ini and UDKGame.ini

The Mobile Input Docs haven't been updated ( I don't know if they need to be ) and still say DefaultGame.ini

SetupZones is being called in my playerController and one of my zones that has a delegate for OnProcessInputDelegate works fine.

It's probably my programming somewhere as I bolted my zones onto the UberGroup, but it all worked fine in May and not in June .... no errors either in the logs or compile

I'll let you know what I find

Rob

I had similar issue with my button.
    I modified DefaultGameUDK.ini (previously DefaultGame.ini) and all my functionality came back. Modifying Mobile-UDKGame.ini didn't give me any effect.

Not sure if that will be your case too.

HI

It also took me a while to get my head round the ini file changes and their intended use; but I interpreted the upgrade doc instructions to mean literally merge all your own project specific settings into the mobilegame.ini, mobileengine.ini & mobileinput.ini files within the config/mobile folder.

So for example, all my own input zones are defined within UDKGame\Config\Mobile\MobileGame.ini (which I believe is what the instructions mean).

This means that you don't need to edit or worry about other zones defined in for example DefaultGameUDK.

Ini files prefixed with "Mobile-" (such as Mobile-UDKGame.ini) shouldn't be edited as they are auto-generated from the other ini files. However, I find these are the best files to check for "final" settings as they represent the merging of the ini file hierarchy.

I actually think the new ini file structure to be better & so far looks easier to control/setup your own project (not that I'm a huge fan of the ini files - there's a lot of layers and overriding of values). It's also great not having 2 editors, etc & this separation of config files should make future integrations easier.

The only other change I made to the ini files that you may also find useful is to add

[SystemSettings]
    ResX=960
    ResY=640

to your MobileEngine.ini file - otherwise it launches up in the previewer, etc in the default PC res.

I managed to port my project over fairly quickly & it seems to be working fine on the device, previewer, etc doing it this way.

Hope that was in some way useful

Cheers
    William
    Last edited by WilliamDocherty; 06-30-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Removed info about mobilehud