Palace Guard

Default Project Warzone Alpha 2.5 News And Updates

Hello all, you may know me as the JUGGERNUT, but you can all call me Mr. Super Handsome from now on if you want. Poor Shooter has messaged me that all his attempts of making a new thread and starting over have been destroyed again and again. So ladies and gentlemen, with Shooters blessing I give thee, the news update on:

(Please note that this is not related to the multiplayer gametype "Warzone")

Current Version: Alpha 2.5

Instructions are for Project Warzone ALPHA 2.5

Please note that ALL steps MUST be followed!

Mod Downloader Link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20398459/mdloader.zip

Installation Instructions
    Note: DO NOT skip ANY of these steps!

1. Download "Mod Downloader" from the link above.
    -note: I recommend placing mdloader.exe in your My Documents\My Games directory

2. Launch mdloader.exe and click on the "Project Warzone" tab.
    -screenshot help:

3. Click "Download Mod" and wait until download is complete
    -screenshot help: This will appear on your taskbar once download has completed.
    -Tip:You do not need to click the "Download Update" button

4.Once downloaded, there will be a file called ProjectWarzone.exe in the same directory you put your mdloader.exe (recommended to put in your my games folder). Double click this, read license agreement and click OK (it's short but you probably won't anyway), click next and such till its done.

(This next step WILL NOT harm your Gears installation DO NOT skip Step 5!)

5. There should be a folder in your My Games directory called "PWBinaries". Copy these files and go to your Gears of War install directory in Program Files and go inside the binaries folder and paste the files. Replace your startup.exe.
    -Note:For editor users you will need to create a shortcut to gamelauncher.exe and go into its properties and add "editor" at the end.
    -screenshot help:

6. Launch Gears of War

7. You should see a notification bubble in your task bar. Don't worry it only takes a few seconds to update, your Gears should launch within 10 seconds
    -screenshot help:

8. Once Gears of War is on the main menu, open the console and type Open WZ_Warmachine and press enter.

9. Play the ALPHA of Project Warzone and keep an eye out for bugs

Extra Screenshots

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Last edited by JUGGERNUT; 06-14-2011 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitpawz View Post
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks for hosting this one Jugg.
    Poor shooter has been hit very hard around here.

Well, sorry for shooter, due to poor download speed i have to give up this mod...

Mods and maps like Beast and Horde download is best...

Palace Guard

But darksin, it only checks once you start up gears and will download if it needs to. Also who knows what improvements could be made in the future.
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

Banned

Project Warzone update is available!

This includes several fixes & improvements.

The next time you launch Gears of War it will put a WarzoneUpdate.exe inside your My Games folder.

Go to your My Games folder

Launch WarzoneUpdate.exe

Click Download Update

Wait for progress to be 100%

You should see a Gears of War icon on your taskbar, click this to maximize the update installer.

Proceed with update installation and launch Gears

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectPotato View Post
    Project Warzone update is available!

This includes several fixes & improvements.

The next time you launch Gears of War it will put a WarzoneUpdate.exe inside your My Games folder.

Go to your My Games folder

Launch WarzoneUpdate.exe

Click Download Update

Wait for progress to be 100%

You should see a Gears of War icon on your taskbar, click this to maximize the update installer.

Proceed with update installation and launch Gears
    I played the updated warzone, and it is much better, good idea making enemy use less lancer.

Less Lancer, more good.

I also found a bug, when I clicked the unlocked mystery box I died in the 5 second countdown, and respawned immediately after the box nuked everyone, and I was stuck in the cinematic untill a bot killed me.
    I suggest to activate god mode every time I activate the unlocked mystery box for 5 seconds as the countdown to prevent this bugs, easiest way to my understanding.
    That way, players wont die during the countdown, preventing this.
    Last edited by XxXbObXxX; 06-16-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by XxXbObXxX View Post
    I played the updated warzone, and it is much better, good idea making enemy use less lancer.

Less Lancer, more good.

I also found a bug, when I clicked the unlocked mystery box I died in the 5 second countdown, and respawned immediately after the box nuked everyone, and I was stuck in the cinematic till a bot killed me.
    I suggest to activate god mode every time I activate the unlocked mystery box for 5 seconds as the countdown to prevent this bugs, easiest way to my understanding.
    Yeah will do

Also there will be occasional "Fun Events" coming up also

Also if you are finding the AI using boomshot too much, let me know if you would like the boomshots removed from them.

Gotta thank you for helping me find these bugs as I didn't notice the Hoffman & Dom bug till you said so

EDIT:Should be fixed now. Gonna test it
    ANOTHER EDITidn't work I don't think. Will have to be map kismet that's changed as UIScene kismet doesn't seem to be up to the task
    Last edited by ProjectPotato; 06-16-2011 at 09:02 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Also there will be occasional "Fun Events" coming up also

[ANOTHER EDITidn't work I don't think. Will have to be map kismet that's changed as UIScene kismet doesn't seem to be up to the task
    I did not notice the FUN EVENTS, I don't even now what they are, checking.
    I kinda knew the bug was going to be hard to fix, that is why I recomended god mode to improvise, anyways, it is better to have god mode for next time, in the 5 second countdown anyhow.

Also, the reward box at the end is always empty, the two rounds I played, was that implemented?

Banned

I did not notice the FUN EVENTS, checking.
    I kinda knew the bug was going to be hard to fix, that is why I recomended god mode to improvise, anyways, it is better to have god mode for next time, in the 5 second countdown anyhow.
    Yeah that's what I was trying to do. But the UIScene kismet doesn't find my variables in the map

And you won't see any option for Fun Events. Fun Events are like sort of Mutator things I will roll out for a day or two.

Banned

Btw do you want me to put out an update today to fix the GodMode thing?

It will involve running WarzoneUpdate.exe again

MSgt. Shooter Person

Btw do you want me to put out an update today to fix the GodMode thing?

It will involve running WarzoneUpdate.exe again
    Yes, if it is no problem, or you could forget it next time.

For full release:
    Will you include some sort of free for all too, where you could be cog or locust and everyone kills each other no teammates, and how is going to be oneman, is the locust and cog allied against you or cog vs locust vs you locust vs cog vs you?
    Last edited by XxXbObXxX; 06-16-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Banned

Yes, or you could forget it next time.

For full release:
    Will you include some sort of free for all too, where you could be cog or locust and everyone kills each other no teammates, and how is going to be oneman, is the locust and cog allied against you or cog vs locust vs you locust vs cog vs you?
    Will fix it for future people who dload.

And it's still in the thinking mode atm.

I am thinking either triple threat (Cog v Locust v You) or a selection of one cog soldier (you) vs 7 locust's (Or more when I port the GoW3 stuff) or one Locust vs 7 COG's

Banned

Right the update is available with the God Mode fix

MSgt. Shooter Person

Right the update is available with the God Mode fix
    I tried it, good work when I kill Hoffman as locust, I think it says Cole is dead, maybe the same for Dom, dunno, you should check it. It is something insignificant, but shouold be fixed for full release.
    And one of this days, maybe make R.A.A.M more white, not trying to be racist, I would buy toilet paper of the confederate flag if it existed, but it looks a bit too black his skin, maybe more white but with a grey tone like on original MP, but not brown, this ain't a getto .
    Last edited by XxXbObXxX; 06-16-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Banned

I tried it, good work when I kill Hoffman as locust, I think it says Cole is dead, maybe the same for Dom, dunno, you should check it. It is something insignificant, but shouold be fixed for full release.
    And one of this days, maybe make R.A.A.M more white, not trying to be racist, I would buy toilet paper of the confederate flag if it existed, but it looks a bit too black his skin, maybe more white but with a grey tone like on original MP, but not brown, this ain't a getto .
    Yeah I think I forgot to change the UIscene to hoffman's death message.
    Planning to give the death messages a revamp so theyre easier to see also. They will look like the kill check points (50/100 kills eg) but on the left hand side.

And for RAAM, there was two, normal and RAAMBLACK or something and I picked the BLACK one

Also, there will be a surprise later on the mod. Yeehaw....

MSgt. Shooter Person

Also, there will be a surprise later on the mod. Yeehaw....
    Tried the surprise, and I had fun, so simple, yet , so entertaining.
    I think I saw a topless grenadier unarmed once and only 1 time, killed him and he then respawned armed and dangerous.
    I liked the lightning surprise, darksin should try to give this mod a shot, muwahahahaha .

Banned

Tried the surprise, and I had fun, so simple, yet , so entertaining.
    I think I saw a topless grenadier unarmed once and only 1 time, killed him and he then respawned armed and dangerous.
    I liked the lightning surprise, darksin should try to give this mod a shot, muwahahahaha .
    Haha, harmless fun

There will be more fun surprises on the way

I think I will make it Monday and Friday or even then just randomly roll out surprises hehe.

Banned

What the hell? Why was bob banned? WTF!

Banned

The guy aint done nothing wrong that's just dumb

God, where's Bob's post..........i think the reason is he use LGE content?........

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by darksin1 View Post
    God, where's Bob's post..........i think the reason is he use LGE content?........
    She mixed him up with me, I sent her a PM explaining everything. This account will 99% get banned.

He should be unbanned soon...

Banned

Cleared it all up with flak, he's now unbanned and the thread is back also

Banned

This is teh main thread, not teh other threads coz teh other threads are teh obsolete threads :O

Palace Guard

This is teh main thread
    And I control it, muwhahahahahahahhah!!!!!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JUGGERNUT View Post
    And I control it, muwhahahahahahahhah!!!!!!!!
    I am under the command of the handsome juggernut

Banned

Project Warzone now on Moddb

http://www.moddb.com/mods/project-warzone