Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Exclamation Security n Highway map LGE and Horde port + forgotten hord

I just had to make a new thread for this one, the horde port has more playable characters, thanks to Kantham.
    And also, thank Kantham for the LGE mod, and Theron for the map I only ported it.

Screenshot:

http://imageshack.us/f/685/securityv.jpg/

The graffity does not appear ingame

You will need the GOW2 package to run this maps.
    If you do not have them:
    They can be found on Theron's old thread with the Lance Gold(not Elite)
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...9#post27209779

Here is the download link of my ports:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20330...curitymaps.zip

Download link to highway by trauma 1337, ported to horde and LGE by me
    For the horde mode I added berserkers even though there is no hammer of dawn. In the LGE version, I added GOW2 music, to turn off pause the game and lower music volume to none.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20361996/Highwayport.zip

To install,copy to my documents (your documents obviously), my games, gears of war, war game,published,cooked pc, custom maps, maps.

To play, start gears of war, open the console, and type: open mapname
    Press enter.

Note: You may need LGE installed for the characters Tai and Dizzy(cog) to work

Character selection, includes stranded.
    Characters: Kim, Dom, Cole, Carmine, Tai, and Dizzy(COG) have reinforcements, play as the others for greater difficulty.
    Stranded have stranded allies that die.
    Boss fights: RAAM, and Boomers with troika( inspired by sportsings HORD3OF WAR) + Brumaks and berserkers
    Note: snipers and therons with bows can sometimes camp, it may not be a bug, check the spawn points and kill them.
    Dizzy has no hat(more original)

For some reason, when friendlies are killed by a berserker the game does not end, I do not know how I did it but I did.

I added a aditional character for forgotten, and experimented with bosses, or big waves after a traditional wave.
    There are less friendly AI in forgotten, to make battle more thight since this old fart of an engine does not support hundreds of locust.
    Here is the link to forgotten:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20397...gottenport.rar

Boomshot

Finally Security goes to Horde, long time ago nastynoodle made a Horde version but she didn't finish it. Now Bob bring it back to life...Thx ,checking......

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by darksin View Post
    Finally Security goes to Horde, long time ago nastynoodle made a Horde version but she didn't finish it. Now Bob bring it back to life...Thx ,checking......
    It is not Nasty Noodle's map, but Theron's map.

Did you read the description?

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is probably my last map, now Seclusion and Goldrush crash with an updated video driver.

And since I only started modding a while ago, I do not know how to properly publish/cook my map to work ,other than clicking the publish button.

My patience is running thin, but I may give a shot to other maps though.

Boomshot

Exclamation

Yeah, i know not this map, Noodle also remade this Gears 2 map to Horde before....

Last map? Well really hope not. Good luck man...

PLayed it, good battle, a little short but really hot.....
    Last edited by darksin; 05-15-2011 at 08:03 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah, i know not this map, Noodle also remade this Gears 2 map to Horde before....

Last map? Well really hope not. Good luck man...

PLayed it, good battle, a little short but really hot.....
    You always make it to the end?
    In that case, maybe I should add waves like 12 boomers or 7 boomers and 10 therons with torque bows and such next time.

Boomshot

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bobfuria View Post
    In that case, maybe I should add waves like 12 boomers or 7 boomers and 10 therons with torque bows and such next time.
    Well, that's insane, i found frame rate drop when too many locusts spawn, also my cog always down, the screen is full of red dots, bring a lot of trouble,...but they can use lancer so i can see bots chainsaw each other more often, very nice work!!....
    So i hope maybe longer battle, more wave but each wave somewhat less locusts, to fix this....

Only one brumak, i think 2 is better,lol, love them deeply, like in Seclusion,3...
    berserk also tough and danger, they kill cog bots,The only map i can hardly finish is Festung, too small and too many locust, really Hell...
    Last edited by darksin; 05-15-2011 at 09:48 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I finally learned the source of the cooking problems, fixed it, cooked seclusion, and it had bugs with the character not taking damage, except for meele by drones and grenadiers.

Boomshot

So this means Bob the Great will go on, With Horde you can do everything to make new fresh battle, and that's why i love it much more....

Palace Guard

Yeah, cause darksin usually executes cheat text files, careful not to make it too tough for the guy who just wants to play your mod without adding his own modifications. Also I know of a way to make execution rules work for SP, that alone can make horde 100x tougher considering the enemies could get back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitpawz View Post
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by JUGGERNUT View Post
    Yeah, cause darksin usually executes cheat text files, careful not to make it too tough for the guy who just wants to play your mod without adding his own modifications. Also I know of a way to make execution rules work for SP, that alone can make horde 100x tougher considering the enemies could get back up.
    How did you did that?

MSgt. Shooter Person

So this means Bob the Great will go on, With Horde you can do everything to make new fresh battle, and that's why i love it much more....
    Maybe, maybe not,Seclusion crashed cooked, COOKED!
    Now also Station and Festung crash, it is unbelievable.
    Not being able to enjoy what I do is infuriating me.
    Going to experiment cooking the rest, but it is not easy task, having to delete custom characters and such.

Boomshot

Maybe too many spawn the same time make the editor crash? Actually we don't want Horde to be tough, but to be longer, Gears is not CS, the other mods are too short, like Beast and LGE, we can't enjoy one round for a long time.
    Soon they all get killed or time up and ended. Bob's horde or Sporting's Hord3 is really much longer than 30 min, good to see that...
    Last edited by darksin; 05-17-2011 at 02:07 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Maybe too many spawn the same time make the editor crash? Actually we don't want Horde to be tough, but to be longer, Gears is not CS, the other mods are too short, like Beast and LGE, we can't enjoy one round for a long time.
    Soon they all get killed or time up and ended. Bob's horde or Sporting's Hord3 is really much longer than 30 min, good to see that...
    If you got rid of the cheat TXT files, the battles would be longer and harder.
    Anyways, follow me on moddb in case I get banned.

Boomshot

Yeah i always follow u,Bob. If i remove that, then there's no bloody battle anymore, like my pic shows before, Bots shoot faster, and when hit, blood spatter everywhere,
    i love that...
    It can be harder if you raise the weapon damage, so battle could still be long too,but some mods are really short even without txt, several min and over. That's why i prefer Horde...

Palace Guard

Anyways, follow me on moddb in case I get banned.
    I have only known 2 modders who continued to work even though they were banned and didn't get unbanned. You now must become a reporting whore. It can usually grant you immunity to insta-bans, as in, 20 infractions and still going type of immunity. Mods appreciate the squeal pigs, so find a few recent unrelated threads in the gears 3 section and report away to get in their good books.

I've seen many people who should have been banned but are "popular" celebrities on the forum by choosing that route.

However I don't recommend that route, I myself have a habit of: make a mistake (as in: getting caught) and getting banned, apologize and get back to the forums. First time took me a year... second time took me a week..... yeah, Yeah, I'm getting better as I go along baby, but the problem is I never set a record!

Also there is an ignore button, so if someone annoys you with their post, you can add them to ignore list, I've only had to use it once, and by god was that the best time ever!
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

Boomshot

Lol, those who made mods i loved get baned or dissapears these years, they are too many...JUGGER busy Beast, Sporting finished Hord3, other just sp and mp. Now Bob is our main hope...
    Last edited by darksin; 05-18-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ImTheKingMate

Beast is in EARLY ALPHA stage. Not even at BETA stage yet there is alot to do. BIG mod requires LOTS of time to work on.

Boomshot

Thumbs up

Well, i don't mean alpha, man, i know the mod will take a long time, i just mean the time limit setting should be removed.....
    Last edited by darksin; 05-19-2011 at 03:26 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I succesfully added more playable characters on this map, but I failed in adding background music and respawning. I may update this, but when I add more features.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Well, i don't mean alpha, man, i know the mod will take a long time, i just mean the time limit setting should be removed.....
    This most likely will don't worry.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by TheS19Project View Post
    This most likely will don't worry.
    I think time limits are nesecary for characters like berserkers.

Palace Guard

Yeah, will definitely add like a 30 to 60 second limit on the boss classes, they're quite overpowered.

Also if you're unsure how to get background music, there's a few maps with the proper way of going about it in kismet, like my darkgridlock which you can find on moddb. This way you can control the background music in the pause menu, whereas a cheap way like Kanthams, you can't. That's about the only difference though, hehehe.

Boomshot

Yes, some certain powerful character can set time limit, but those other could be no time limit, also can we play brumak or reaver in next beast?

OK, this is none topic related to Horde so it's last comment, actaully i hope Bob coop with Beast then port new models to Horde if JUGGER agree...

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Yes but on Humanoids most likely no time limit.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Yes, some certain powerful character can set time limit, but those other could be no time limit, also can we play brumak or reaver in next beast?

OK, this is none topic related to Horde so it's last comment, actaully i hope Bob coop with Beast then port new models to Horde if JUGGER agree...
    Hmm........

MSgt. Shooter Person

Bob coop with Beast
    Whoa man , I am not THAT good, I am only doing this for fun, because of no future GOW PC titles (for the moment, and I hope not but probably forever), and to test level design for any possible future profession (thanks to no more GOW pc it seems an inmoral profession to me) , I am almost, if not entirely new to editing and modding, I am clueless on many things and the only information around the internet is painfully obvious, nothing specific or usefull, or too complicated or something I have no interest in.

I am having problems in things as simple as publishing maps, I do everything correctly, I recieve no error report, but still the maps can be rewritten, saved, and crash in game, not on editor game, in game.

Adding custom enemy characters, well, that is easier said than done, I may not even be able to do that.

I may add music to LGE maps and one or two more LGE maps, but adding music to my horde mode, is embarrasingly not working, I just simply want music to play since the very begining of the level. I think I know how to do it on LGE but not oon my simple horde mode.

Edit: modified thread name so the offtopic posts won't get the gents that commented banned.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yes but on Humanoids most likely no time limit.
    Ok, thats cool, hope no time limit fop wretch or lambent wretch if added.
    And maybe adding time limit for the butcher boomer, not the rest boomers, because the cog stoped attacking that character.

Boomshot

modifed post, ok, Well, we can go on...
    About Beast it's a long way so can't ask too much, hope Gears 3 models can be ported finally to make it perfect, and more Gears2 and 3 map remake?.

New models may have fun but after a long time people will feel boring, so more maps more good. And is it possible to make bots using hammer dawn to kill berserker player?lol...

About Bob 's Horde,no problem if no music then ok, prefer hot long battle, so not very interested in LGE, whatever u do is ok.

MSgt. Shooter Person

New models may have fun but after a long time people will feel boring, so more maps more good. And is it possible to make bots using hammer dawn to kill berserker player?lol...

About Bob 's Horde,no problem if no music then ok, prefer hot long battle, so not very interested in LGE, whatever u do is ok.
    From my experience, making AI use hammer of dawn is difficult or imposible, you see, the hammer of dawn is different of other weapons, and the AI is not smart enough to adapt to it, so simply equiping them with a hammer of dawn is not enough.
    I have tried and saw the results myself.

Boomshot

Is it possible to make horde locust as players? locust fight locust...or add cog enemy ,cog vs cog...

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Is it possible to make horde locust as players? locust fight locust...or add cog enemy ,cog vs cog...
    Strange concept :S

Seems silly don't you think?

Boomshot

Exclamation

Strange concept :S

Seems silly don't you think?
    There're maps had this feature before,

focus on your own mod, now i c why u get banned before...:P.....

Banned
    Gamer IDs

There're maps had this feature before,

focus on your own mod, now i c why u get banned before...:P.....
    For every mode theres a concept. Horde for example is cogs vs waves of various locusts so it wouldn't make sense to have locust vs locust unless maybe if we could make lambent variations then I suppose it would make a bit of sense but that would be a whole new mode all together

MSgt. Shooter Person

I think I know how to do that but I do not have time for experimenting with that, and as s19 says, it is somewhat silly.

It would stop being horde mode and become betrayal mode, or in other words, no GOW2 or GOW3 for PC mode, and I do not like that concept.

Boomshot

Got it, The concept is just for fun battle , just like those UT3 mods, also is it possible for UT3 models added in Gears?
    Last edited by darksin; 05-22-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Got it, The concept is just for fun battle , just like those UT3 mods, also is it possible for UT3 models added in Gears?
    The mesh bones would have to be reworked which takes FOREVER, also the character scaling is different. The UT characters are TINY compared to the Gears characters lol

Boomshot

Lucky UT3 is not GFWL or it will be doomed. Waiting for Bob's Horde_highway now....

Palace Guard

The mesh bones would have to be reworked which takes FOREVER, also the character scaling is different. The UT characters are TINY compared to the Gears characters lol
    Yeah, they're half the height!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Update, new map on first post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast