Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

OMG This is awesome!!! Since the game came out I've wanted something that would remove the STUPID bloom, blur and desaturation! I've tried different mutators and the "set postprocessvolume" settings in the console but, of course, they never worked online.

This is such a great find/whateveryouwanttocallit, Ping! Thank you!

I'm going to mess around with some of the color values though, as the ones in the OP make the game look too "yellow" for me. (No relation to Yellowbird who is mah friend that told me about this thread and whom I thanked in my previous post. :P)

OH! Also, I did have a small issue with the "replace all" thingy you suggested. I had removed the HORRIBLE red and distorted hit effect years ago from the ini file. I had replaced the "DefaultPostProcessName=FX_HitEffects.UTPostProces s" with "DefaultPostProcessName=EngineMaterials.DefaultSce nePostProcess" thus the "replace all" direction did not work. I'm surprised I even remembered that. Unfortunately, it is back and I need to remove it.

Do you think replacing "DefaultPostProcessName=FX_HitEffects.UTPostProces s" with "DefaultPostProcessName=EngineMaterials.DefaultSce nePostProcess" inside the package would work?

"If you don't want this indicator to show up when you're in game, just remove it." - This was a little vague to me. I still want the red directional arrows that show up, just not the whole screen turning red. And by "remove it" do you mean remove the whole node?

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by «MechikTåj» View Post
    OMG This is awesome!!! Since the game came out I've wanted something that would remove the STUPID bloom, blur and desaturation! I've tried different mutators and the "set postprocessvolume" settings in the console but, of course, they never worked online.

This is such a great find/whateveryouwanttocallit, Ping! Thank you!

I'm going to mess around with some of the color values though, as the ones in the OP make the game look too "yellow" for me. (No relation to Yellowbird who is mah friend that told me about this thread and whom I thanked in my previous post. :P)

OH! Also, I did have a small issue with the "replace all" thingy you suggested. I had removed the HORRIBLE red and distorted hit effect years ago from the ini file. I had replaced the "DefaultPostProcessName=FX_HitEffects.UTPostProces s" with "DefaultPostProcessName=EngineMaterials.DefaultSce nePostProcess" thus the "replace all" direction did not work. I'm surprised I even remembered that. Unfortunately, it is back and I need to remove it.

Do you think replacing "DefaultPostProcessName=FX_HitEffects.UTPostProces s" with "DefaultPostProcessName=EngineMaterials.DefaultSce nePostProcess" inside the package would work?

"If you don't want this indicator to show up when you're in game, just remove it." - This was a little vague to me. I still want the red directional arrows that show up, just not the whole screen turning red. And by "remove it" do you mean remove the whole node?
    Just remove the Material node with the HitFX material in. Or if you're making a new one, don't put it into the sequence.

Boomshot

The answer is above. It will remove the arrows too, if I am not mistaken, I can't recall another way to do it and leave the arrows. I will look into your problem and see what I can do. Most probably I'll make a new node that will add the arrows but not the rest of the effects.

Spread the word my friend, and I would call it INI Color Tweak

Boomshot

Don't think it removes the arrows, sure mine still worked earlier.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Ok, I removed the entire node and doing so got rid of the dumb red effect while still keeping the arrows.

This is truly awesome!!! I can't believe I'm finally playing the game online like I've been wanting to for over three years.

I'm going to be using THIS thread to help me customize my color settings. Woohoo! ^^

MSgt. Shooter Person

Wow, some of the maps look truly amazing with these settings. However, I have noticed one issue. I don't know what to call it but, the "effect"(???) that gives certain maps certain color tones is gone now. Case in point: Torlan_Necris and PowerSurge/Suspense (and others). Although they are no longer gray, dull and boring, they are missing their respective orange and blue coloration - which I liked. :/ Do you think there's a way to re-enable them with this? Or is it something I did wrong? (Like putting the bloom on 0.05? :P)

Also, changing the Post Processing in the Settings menu makes no difference. o_O Perhaps this is the culprit?

Edit: Ok, putting the bloom on 0.2 made ZERO difference regarding the coloration of the map.

Edit again!: Perhaps another node needs to be added that includes something from the "EngineMaterials.DefaultScenePostProcess" that enables the coloration I'm talking about?
    Last edited by «MechikTåj»; 05-17-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Boomshot

Hm, it should be adapted with the map. The values that you set in the nodes are put together with the ones on the map and on Post Process Volumes. Maybe I'll make a node that will allow you to configure it for difrent maps lol
    Also, I'll maybe release the HDR version this week.

I'll look into your problem and see what I can do about it

Also, I see you added INI Colour Tweak to your signature, thanks for spreading the word

Boomshot

Bad news, Epic can't give me the full .uc files of the post process nodes, so I can't make a new node for HDR. Seems I'll have to stick with the MaterialEffect node and a material.

Boomshot

Got told my image links died. Re-hosted them:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Boomshot

hey 100Gping100 just to let you know; the blue color that u use on ur first post is just an eye killa and really a pain to read
    thx again for ur nice job, UT3 isnt the same
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    hey 100Gping100 just to let you know; the blue color that u use on ur first post is just an eye killa and really a pain to read
    thx again for ur nice job, UT3 isnt the same
    agreed
    to that mean i get old Xd
    UT3DOM 5.0 IS OUT http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/news.php
    PATCH 2.0 [/url] malcolm is back in ut3
    RANKIN is BACK in ut3
    AT LAST UT3 PS3 NOW HAVE COSTUM SOUND SWEET
    ps3 players all go too this site http://www.iamgaming.com/
    its the best ps3 comunaty for ut3 at ps3

Boomshot

Big Thx from the old farts gang ....we re no more blind
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

God King

First of all, great work on this tutorial here. It will sure come in handy, especially since this works online. Makes me wonder if there is something like that, but with an ability to add it to the postprocessing options, like Vivid, Intense, Muted etc. That would make it even more easy to select.

However, like Cr4zy pointed out in his readme, this way is unfortunately not as optimal as when you use Blossom, because the settings that you choose here are applied to every map indiscriminately. For instance, using the settings in the first post makes WAR-Avalanche white. Like, entirely white, with visibility being only a few metres when you're outside. The setting in Über Post Process Effect called 'bUseWorldSettings' controls whether the postprocess acknowledges the settings of individual maps and zones, however, if you check it, it will then not use the settings you set. So essentially if you use this method, you will always end up just like when you have 'bloom and DOF' disabled, that is, everything will look pretty much the same brown colour. Disabling desaturation and enabling Bloom makes it a bit better, of course, but as I stated before, changing the highlights, midtones and shadows usually has a negative effect on some maps.

The stock postprocess options (vivid, muted etc.) work differently, it seems. You can clearly see that they don't discard the settings, but influence them, keeping the mood intact (as Xyx puts it: These values act as multipliers on the postprocessing used by individual maps.) So if it was possible to create one of those, it would truly be the best option. But it seems that those are in player controller, which means that it could be only done with an offline mutator. Possibly that's what Blossom already does, I just can't check it because UT3Ed doesn't seem to have a script viewer :\

Boomshot

I think that what Blossom does is just set Desaturation to 0 and then you can change Bloom and DOF.

I made a mutator called UT2007 Color, it will remove desaturation and give more color, the problem is that I used the same method as the Color Control author, I cahnge this in PostProcessVolumes, that leads to water processvolumes will also be changed to the same look as outside of water.

I have in mind a way to do this like the Post Process option on the settings menu. I'll work with it after school ends (3 weeks) and after some projects that have higher priority (maybe this one will be done first because it takes less time).

God King

Sort of, it sets destaturation to 0 and allows you to change what here is called BloomScale, BlurKernelSize and FocusInnerRadius. Like you said, it changes the volumes, but it works much like the Post Process option in the menu - it scales them instead of setting absolute values.

I'm looking forward to this. Keep us posted! (Oh, and school ends for me in 3 weeks too )

Boomshot

Very nice!

Boomshot

I am glad you liked it Benfica

MSgt. Shooter Person

OMG This is uber-awesome. Much thankies.

even ColourProcess_LC seems too contrasty for me in some places on most maps, so I prefer to go back to default ut postprocessing. anyway good job!
    Last edited by Male; 06-11-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Homo homini lupus est.

MSgt. Shooter Person

While I love the colours, when using your engine config file - its a total "white out" when playing Avalanche, so much so, its unplayable, so I'm going to switch back.

Not able to edit it myself, but if anyone has already done an edit, that makes that map playable, by all means upload it
    Kind Regards

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Transmitthis View Post
    While I love the colours, when using your engine config file - its a total "white out" when playing Avalanche, so much so, its unplayable, so I'm going to switch back.

Not able to edit it myself, but if anyone has already done an edit, that makes that map playable, by all means upload it
    Problem is most likley the same issue that occured in Downtown for me. for some reason the fog acts up and over brightens everything for no reason using certain modes.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Tks, Crazy
    It's no bother really, as I just got a new monitor with much better contrast, so will carry on with the default settings.

I do hope Epic decide to colour up UT4 UT2014 or whatever they call it
    Kind Regards

Boomshot

Yes, it indeed looks really bad in some maps. That is why Epic needs to include this in UT4

God King

Not exactly this, but better configuration for the postprocess options. Especially relative ones, not absolute - that's why this solution is bad in certain places, yet the menu postprocess options and Blossom work good everywhere.

Boomshot

That is because blossom only sets desaturation in every post process to 0 and disables bloom (I think it also disables DOF).
    This baby changes everything, the values used here get multiplied by the ones on the maps.

Boomshot

For me, the big advantage is that 100GPing100's method works online

God King

Yes, and that's exactly what I mean - notice that the stock post-processing settings (Vivid, Intense etc.) also work online and don't screw up the hue settings of individual zones that were defined by the mapper, so it also works by multiplying. The weird thing is that Epic never made any tool to create those and add them to that menu, and they should do that in their next UT game.

Boomshot

I see your point.
    I can improve this, may take time and hard work, but this can be much better and look good on all maps. Maybe I'll work on it today

God King

Can you? Like I said, it seems that this method overwrites every postprocess zone instead of altering it. For example, VCTF-Necropolis is supposed to have a greenish tint to it, which is removed with this method, causing the loss of atmosphere unique to the map. And it also doesn't work with underwater zones - you're supposed to have blurry vision underwater, and from what I remember this removes that, so it feels as if you're swimming in the air.

Boomshot

You can enable the blur
    I just disabled it.

The way I would use to achive it would be a difrent way that envolves this one. Somewhat the way I did to add HDR. This process just changes the current colours and stuff but maintaining the original feel.

Like a blue ambiented room would stay blue, but a bit changed.

I'll see what I can do. I'll also try to make an external program so people can change the look of the game with an interface. So players with no experience can also costumize this.

God King

Oh, then I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Boomshot

Already have a prototype. For now I still didn't started on the program to change the colours and I'm still on the post process.

Boomshot

It will take more time than I expected. Maybe I'll even have to do some code inside the game. But still have it working online, because it would not be a mutator, just a class that the PostProcess would use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast