MSgt. Shooter Person

Default 3D Modeler for hire

Edit:Please check my website to view my newest/recent work.

Hi my name is Nestor Chavez and I have been a 3d modeler for 8 years with 3+ years of game industry experience.I have obtained a degree in 3d design from Los Angeles Mission College Institute of Multimedia Arts.I have done various freelance gigs such as prototyping for inventors, visualization rendering, game character modeling,animation and modeling in general for games.I am looking for paid work only, if you are interested and want to see some of my work please visit my website NestorD3dModeler and/or contact me at nestor_c@yahoo.com.Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

note:My rates are reasonably negotiable.If you would like to discuss any work please shoot me an email instead of a PM.
    Last edited by Nestor818; 08-22-2011 at 11:12 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Bump-sters

MSgt. Shooter Person

bump. New models on my website.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Post edited.

I'm not on a team so I'm not looking to hire, but your portfolio doesn't load so that could be why you're not getting any responses. Although if that's true I am not sure why no one else has pointed it out.

I can load it, but i'm having terrible hard time watching it...
    tip: make the naviguation easier, not bugged and make it fit screens.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well my website was meant to be that way, Horizontal.Problems opening my link? what type of problems are you having?

MSgt. Shooter Person

The horizontal aspect of the site gives it an unfinished and amaturistic feel. I would definitely change it to a verticle aspect. The video is great, and the colors are very inviting. Also, you have a great talent in 3d models.

Just trying to help you out.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks for the advice,I will take it into consideration.

Ah nevermind it must of just been my flash player, I've been struggling with it a lot lately for some reason.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hello, I am currently looking for a 3d modeler. Please email me at surrealsystem@yahoo.com or pm me here so we can discuss. Thank you.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Now Available for more work.Thanks to all my clients and future clients for trusting in me and giving me the opportunity.

MSgt. Shooter Person

MSgt. Shooter Person

Still available for more work.Thank you to all who have considered me for your projects.

MSgt. Shooter Person

How do you add pics/screenshots?

MSgt. Shooter Person

4 day bump

MSgt. Shooter Person

email sent
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

MSgt. Shooter Person

I got your email I will reply later.thank you for considering me.
    Last edited by Nestor818; 07-11-2011 at 10:00 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Available for work.

MSgt. Shooter Person

2 week bump.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Just finished a project,now available for more work.

Skaarj

do you create all your models 100% from scratch yourself from the ground up nestor?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Not all the times,I guess it depends if I have a model similar to something a client wants.I can always tweak stuff around.

MSgt. Shooter Person

bump,new work on my page.

Skaarj

not so much what i meant, i guess i should have worded it better, are all the moddels on your site 100% created by you, so all meshes are completly original and created soley by you (more specificly some specific character models? hmm?)
    Last edited by marcosis; 08-31-2011 at 09:25 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yes of course,the only one thats not 100%(did it part of my training from digital tutors a while back but its my own version of it not dt exact concept) mine would be an old model I have made. its actually on my show-reel(the Warrior),that is why Im going to put a newer show-reel pretty soon.Is there something I should know.

MSgt. Shooter Person

If you have any concerns of any of my work please shoot me a private message before you post something that hasn't been cleared.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Please speak on what you believe is not mine.please no trolling.

Skaarj

im not trolling, i was seeing if you would come clean about using a base mesh for characters that freely available on the web.

your enginier uses it, your captin prince uses it, your 'soldier character' uses it.

i can post examples of the mesh im talking about if you would like, in max and zbrush to prove my point.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah im confused.

Prisoner 849

Quote Originally Posted by marcosis View Post
    im not trolling, i was seeing if you would come clean about using a base mesh for characters that freely available on the web.

your enginier uses it, your captin prince uses it, your 'soldier character' uses it.

i can post examples of the mesh im talking about if you would like, in max and zbrush to prove my point.

Having a base character mesh and customising it to new model is no different to having a box and customising it to a vehicle!
    So I think its unfair for you to accuse somebody almost of theft by your accusation!

Seek And Destroy Games
    Tutorials for UDK PC and iOS
    http://www.youtube.com/user/lexluthornumber1

MSgt. Shooter Person

exactly! you see at first I thought I read the comment wrong but now I notice other people agree to what I thought.First,I did not get any model from online and tweak it.I do my own models I do not know what your talking about,and of course you can add any reference links or images that will proof I stole anything be my guess. I am 100% sure all my work is legit,I am a professional I have been doing this for a while now I have no reason to steal anything from no where.

Skaarj

Having a base character mesh and customising it to new model is no different to having a box and customising it to a vehicle!
    So I think its unfair for you to accuse somebody almost of theft by your accusation!
    personaly i disagree, starting with a box and crafting something entirly new out of it is very differnt to taking a base mesh and just redefining a few parts, as you are more just changing geometry and topology rather than creating new geometry and topology, but thats just my opinion.

i am not preaching its wrong to use base meshes, i just beleive that if you do, it should be mentioned somewhere on the covated work, to inform people of the work that the perosn who created the base mesh has doen to assist the person using said base mesh.

I do my own models I do not know what your talking about,and of course you can add any reference links or images that will proof I stole anything be my guess.
    on that little bit, i never said you stole anything fella, you cant steal something that is free afterall. and i wasnt sugesting you shouldnt use base meshes you aquire from here and there, just that the auther/creater of the base mesh should be mentioned somewhere on the website atleast.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by marcosis View Post
    personaly i disagree, starting with a box and crafting something entirly new out of it is very differnt to taking a base mesh and just redefining a few parts, as you are more just changing geometry and topology rather than creating new geometry and topology, but thats just my opinion.

i am not preaching its wrong to use base meshes, i just beleive that if you do, it should be mentioned somewhere on the covated work, to inform people of the work that the perosn who created the base mesh has doen to assist the person using said base mesh.

on that little bit, i never said you stole anything fella, you cant steal something that is free afterall. and i wasnt sugesting you shouldnt use base meshes you aquire from here and there, just that the auther/creater of the base mesh should be mentioned somewhere on the website atleast.
    Lol your still assuming I am using other peoples models but I am clearly telling you I am not.I know its not stealing if its free but in the first place I do not go running around looking for base meshes when I can clearly create them myself...lol I don't know where you get this assumption from.Like previously said "Fella" please at any reference images or links to what you are speaking about.lol straight up trolling.Your making a big deal of something that you assume other people do when there not.

Skaarj

sigh

im not trolling nestor. trolling is deliberatly going out of your way to wind someone up or upset them for no reason. my intenstions involve neither of those things, i spoke out becuase i saw your website and saw what i beleived to be a base mesh thats available for free on the net, so i asked you, you said its not, i sitll beleive it is, so here are the examples,

i have simply overlayed your soldier character over the base mesh i beleive you to be using. one in zbrush, one not in zbrush. i tihnk you would agree the similarities are somewhat striking, it even deforms identicaly in zbrush. i could do the same for the other ones i think use the mesh, but ide rather not drag this out any longer.

though all i was saying form the get go was i beleive that you did use this base mesh for a number of your characters, thats fine, i just think you should mention this somwhere.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Lol I can see where your coming from but you see theres so many models that are the same in proportion,pose,etc but does are just basic poses everyone makes.As for the hands, its comment sense they will smooth out and look that way but then again like I mentioned practically everyone uses that basic shape.Lol,yeah this convo has gone to long just drop it.Next time just dont go posting your assumptions and try to make people look bad,when you could just PM me and make it private instead of trying to humiliate me when your totally wrong.Ima be the bigger man and just stop this whole convo, you can keep posting what you like but won't get a response.thank you for your interest in my work :-) .
    Last edited by Nestor818; 09-06-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Skaarj

the bigger man would have just said yer ok, i did use a base mesh, maybe i should atribute that in the work i used it on. but each to thier own. anyone else who reads these posts can make up thier mind after seeing and reading the writing on the wall.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Available for work.

MSgt. Shooter Person

just a tip for you, dont make a portfolio a flash site, your navigation is really bad and you want me focusing on your art, not your navigation.

hope that helps, and good luck in the future.