Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Sacrifice

Maybe totally off the subject but you might find some good reference images from the new Captain America movie and also the The Prestige with Hugh Jackman. I appreciate they're big blockbuster Hollywood movies but I think you could find some high quality reference images from them.

The Sacrifice

Good! Hopefully you can find some inspiration in there. Keep up the good work guys!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ST Omega

@Nikola:
    Good job with your work, looks real top notch. I'm curious though and wanted to ask you:

First, why are you working so hard on creating so much based on Nikola Tesla's labs, equipment, etc.?

Secondly, are you like a really big admirer of Nikola Tesla? I ask because you are working so much on recreating a bunch of his labs and stuff in UDK and because your user name is Nikola as well...?

What's the deal here? Again, I don't mean anything by it, your work looks fantastic, but I'm really curious.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
    Modeling is done by our student Milos Novakovic, great artist.
    This is the room that we are populating.

I`d like to meet you awesome 3D Artist

My fully Name is Novakovic "LittleMOM" Momir

MSgt. Shooter Person

@jak_carver:

We are doing research of Tesla's work and of course I am big admirer of Nikola Tesla!
    We have support of Nikola Tesla's museum in Belgrade, it is good for our students CV's too.

LittleMOM:
    Nice to meet you cousin of Milos ))

MSgt. Shooter Person

Labaratory room is about 30% finished. Still importing models.
    There are only 2 default metal materials in the scene and default generic lightning.
    Still to go...a lot of texture work, materials setup, lightning setup,cube maps, postprocess
    After this, one more room to go, workshop

I love you so much
    See my tutorials here: Organization is the key to success in any endeavor

mewithoutYou: The potato called from underground, "You've got it all turned upside down!"

awesome dude....great work.

Prisoner 849

Uhm. This look better than real world.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thumbs up Great Work

!!!!AWESOME !!! Great Texture,Modeling and Lighting Work!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thank you ppl ))
    Modeling Texturing is done by: Milos Novakovic, Marko Novakovic, Mile Zlatanovic, Marko Stojkovic
    some more pics...

Workshop, last room, half is finished

MSgt. Shooter Person

One of the most realistic scenes done in a game engine. Can't wait for the full release.

Svaka cast

The Sacrifice

looking good so far...will keep an eye on this thread

MSgt. Shooter Person

OOOO svaka čast brate! Svaki respekt !

MSgt. Shooter Person

Insane work there man. Keep it up!
    "Mother is expecting again, brother is killing again, all I want is for us to be together. It's not everyday you get to meet a new member of the family..."
    Owner of NeoSpawn Games

you could probably make a nice old photo style post processing for this
    See my tutorials here: Organization is the key to success in any endeavor

mewithoutYou: The potato called from underground, "You've got it all turned upside down!"

Iron Guard

Wow, this is looking beatufiul.. you've got a definitely knack for texturing..
    ~Ryan Wiancko - Producer
    Ironbelly Studios -
    AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
    UDK Developer & Service Provider(2D,3D,UI,Animation,VFX,Audio,Code) for PC, Console and Mobile
    Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ironbellystudios

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thank you very much friends, these replies force me to try harder !!!

I have imported half of the models for the workshop room, as soon as I have better render I will post an update ...

micahpharoh:
    I have done something similar with Colorado Springs scene, only this time I will try to use old laboratory pictures as a reference

Hand made circular coil texture ...

greetings
    Nikola

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have a question. Is the laboratory building made out of modular walls or is it one single mesh? If it is one single mesh, then how on earth did you make a proper lightmap UV layout for it in order to lightmass it?

awesome! is that tower climbable? that would be so cool. maaaaybe, the walls and the floor could be dirtier here and there..really have nothing else to add, keep up the good work! : )

MSgt. Shooter Person

hunharibo:
    Objects were sepereted by materials. It is not a single mesh becouse we had repetitive texture, this way we can use smaler difuse textures with a good resolution.

sittingducky:
    Thz mate, We have read that Tesla was very clean and tidy but I think your are right it should bring more realism . Tesla, tower will be climable as soon as we get back to polish outside part. There were railway and train for bringing coil etc...
    Also next thing to do is machine animations, steam, electricity, sound and Tesla himeself

Thz stevelois.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: none

Nikola :

WOW!...beautiful work especially lighting process....love it. Thanks for sharing the power of UDK if correctly pushed to a level.
    What have we become!...

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Thumbs up Amazing!

The screenies from early April 2011 to the present and the video you posted this month are beautiful and very amazing from time to time. Very nice atmosphere, lighting process, fully functional 3D details, skybox, trims, wooden tables/chairs/furnitures, steams and other real life scenes you've inspired. Keep it up; and I reminded Nikola Tesla that I haven't seen him in my educational books yet.

I think you should kill the (ingame) AO, it makes the shading unrealistic, especially near the roofbearing girders.

*dubblepost

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
    thz ppl

Tesla should be in educational books. He is very very very very important person from our human history!!!
    You betcha. Well, not on my educational books yet, so I will search some books at the university library that includes Tesla (or googling) to see how he improved his great creation from history till now.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Tux Android View Post
    You betcha. Well, not on my educational books yet, so I will search some books at the university library that includes Tesla (or googling) to see how he improved his great creation from history till now.
    ARE YOU KIDDIN` You don`t know who`s Nikola TESLA !!?? Well You can put it on google "Electricity or Magnetic Fields " and look at Results. Nikola Tesla is a Genius, but not wery known to the Public. He put his Notices in a Code Language(self developed) because he find out how to Use the power of very strong Magnetic Fields,but don`t know how to controll it. The Notices are in Beograd(Srbija) and not decoded till present days.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Tux Android View Post

I am amazed like the others, that you dont know Tesla yet, no problem, but this must be corrected.

You can google it and you'll find loads but there are a few ways to find more technical, historical or less glamorized accounts than say popular publications. I have found the terms 'suppressed science', suppressed technology and 'teslas machines' to yeild very nice results.

I'm going to put up a link here but I'm not a spammer and its not my website, http://www.amazing1.com/books.htm
    This has a lot of interesting books, geared for the hobby enthusiast and backyard mad scientist.
    Back up to the main site and you can buy plans and parts for most of the devices, although its probably cheaper to get it elsewhere. Tesla is mentioned... alot.

I think the only person who intrigues me as much as tesla, is the coral castle guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Castle
    My blog for UDK stuff: http://udkoder.geekprojex.com

Redeemer

Smile

Thanks for the informative LittleMOM and neurosys. Love his work and this UDK content thread also.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast