Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Sacrifice

Default My Interactive Architecture in UDK

Hello guys, I would like to show you this project.

This is a good forum to show my work, and receive some comments.

I am always looking the game industry, working with some engines and meeting people that make Interactive Architecture. Today I see the real possibility to make Architecture without the need to render. Of course we have some limitations and the opmized work, but one time did, the possibility to update and look all in real time is fantastic!

I am really satisfied with the actual tools of the UDK, for example in the light solution, we see radiosity (created in Mirror's Edge game if I am not wrong), and a lot more cool features.

Ok, so I will post some images, and if you want to see a HD YOUTUBE VIDEO you can click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyWT5L8DjlE&hd=1

Thanks for comments and have a good work in UDK.

Segue algumas imagens:

MSgt. Shooter Person

Looking good dude!

I like the outside greenery and that.. Were these made in speedtree?

Only comment and crit from myself would be the speed you walk around at wants to be slower so it's more like a real persons pace. Reference a real distance in the model and time in real life how long it takes to walk it and see if you can get it to match and see how it feels.

Top work though!

Ben
    Ben Prince - Architecture Student and 3D Enthusiast

YouTube Channel for 3D Bits and Other Goodies ----> http://www.youtube.com/user/benprince85

MSgt. Shooter Person

awesome!!!very nice lighting....

very good framerate what pc spec u running?
    Last edited by horoxhoro; 04-13-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Prisoner 849

Really nice work, would love to see some wireframes if you could post some.
    Level Designer on UE4 Title - Fable: Legends.
    http://www.lionhead.com/

Twitter
    Portfolio

Prisoner 849

Also, from watching the videos, I really think you should have put the extra 10% effort in and tried to refrain from using content that came with UDK. The foliage is fine, but the pillars and lights totally throw the viewer.

Still, your lighting and architecture modelling is top notch.
    Level Designer on UE4 Title - Fable: Legends.
    http://www.lionhead.com/

Twitter
    Portfolio

The Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by benprince85 View Post
    Looking good dude!
    I like the outside greenery and that.. Were these made in speedtree?
    Ben
    those are UDK's default assets. most of them. im pretty sure of it.

but I commended you, banzato on your placement, your lighting and your architecture. looks sweet

The Sacrifice

benprince85 The floor vegetation is from UDK, but some trees like coconut palm are from speedtree. I already have a 0.7 speed, 1.0 is to fast. Maybe 0.5 should be more natural but a little slow.

horoxhoro Thanks man, I am using a xeon computer but I saw the level very nice on a IMac 21" with radeon videocard. I beliave with a GeForce 8800GT or better can make good results.

Piranhi Alright, I have to prepare some screens with wireframe. Is there any console command that shows wireframe? Thanks, I tried to show a good way for architecture works.

Roxez Yeah, there are lot UDK's default assets, that helped me a lot. Thanks.

hi ! very cool !... i like your lightning too
    How do you spawn your vegetion ?
    Did you use foliage ?

Skaarj

blz banzato.

achei engraçado vc trocar de lingua na ultima frase antes das fotos...heheheh

"Thanks for comments and have a good work in UDK.

Segue algumas imagens:"

esqueceu que o forum é inglês?

gostei muito do seu trabalho e fiquei interessado no conteudo dos cursos.

tem como a gente falar mais deles?

WOW! Really shows off what you can do with arch viz and the UDK. Awesome work!
    And like others have said, the speed is rather fast. Half that speed I think would be best... ??

MSgt. Shooter Person

Wow, thats nice!
    I was wondering how much effort did you put to achieve such clean lighting and look, since one of the most annoying thing in UDK is to achieve clean surfaces and clean lighting, I was wondering if you could share some of those settings

Except for the AO ( I suppose you did not remove the realtime SSAO ) and some specular problems on the wall ( 2nd picture, this is caused usually by bad UV ) it looks really nice

Another thing: how much time did you spent to put all the geometry in place? I know that you can import just one mesh at the time into the Editor, so it was really time consuming, or did you find a quick way to setup all the stuff?

The Sacrifice

denfound Hello, for the vegetation I placed every element one by one. For the grass I make copy of groups but I needed to look every element of the level to see if it was ok with the architecture.

kbecker76 hahaha, é verdade, não tinha percebido. Podemos conversar, voce pode mandar um e-mail para info @ tonka3d com br

digitalputty haha, you right, I think is because I play a lot fps games, lol. I ran a little fast to show you all the details in less time. If you crouch you see a slow movement.

RT-Visualization Hi, in fact I am always looking the new tools of UDK. The light system now is very good, really easy to make but the objects from 3DMax must be very good in terms of construction and UV. That "specular" visual problem is a problem caused by the lightmass calculation, it is strange but I can not tell you right now what is the exactly type of problem.

Some of you asked me if I could post some wireframe images, so here are some examples of the light and wireframe of my objetcs. Hope you like.

Prisoner 849

The lighting seems very balanced and feel natural. Well done. I would do away with ambient occlusion however. It does work somewhat in the exterior but not in interior. You could use separate PP volume in the interior and turn it off.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Felicitacoes! Eu nao falo portugueis, mais eu falo espanhol e tenho noshoes de portugueis. Hermoso trabalho!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Stunning details!
    Its just amazing work.
    I like the way the interior looks.
    My blog for UDK stuff: http://udkoder.geekprojex.com

Iron Guard

The lighting looks to be all vertex lighting. Was this a design decision or an 'happy accident'? It really removes the lightmass noise you get with lightmaps.

MSgt. Shooter Person

the occlusion needs to be toned down. it looks pretty ugly now tbh

The Sacrifice

taz1004 Thanks, a friend told me a way to control the AO, I should use in interior to correct that AO.

ilguano Muito Obrigado, Thanks!

neurosys Thanks.

Tom Shannon The lightmass made all the diference, I did not find to much trouble but I really liked the final result. The color that lightmass gives to the elements is unique.

bukkit I agree with you, a friend told me a way to control the AO, I should change it a little. But when we have all the textures and movement I think it's ok.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Really nice talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManEatingHors View Post
    Now now this is what happens when you build a team around one player and said player gets injured.
    - Why gaming has gone casual.

Looks good.

Skaarj

Default Export

Banzato,
    You export all the build toguether or piece per piece? the windows are atach in the walls? And the doors?

The Sacrifice

Thanks guys.

Gilberto, I exported separated parts but I could export all together for sure. In this case I would have more texture channels. I beliave it is better to the engine understand copy of windows and doors instead of a big model with a lot windows and doors atached.

Skaarj

Agora que percebi que vc é brasileiro... poxa. vi o curso de maquetes da tonka, fiquei bem interessado, mas vi que no curso vcs nao ensinam a fazer menus personalizados, e é bem isso que eu estou procurando. Se tivesse esse assunto compraria de certeza. Vi tutoriais em ingles mas em PT é melhor...
    Muito legal seu trabalho espero ainda chegar la!

The Sacrifice

Legal Gilberto, valeu a dica. Vou pensar em fazer algum tutorial nesse sentido. A UDK esta sempre chegando com mais e mais novidades. Eles bem que podiam facilitar as coisas rs.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thumbs up A w e s o m e !!!!

Great work - awesome!

Skaarj

oh very nice
    your work has beautiful environment
    Free IRAN !
    I Have A Dream That Iran Will Be Free One Day

hi shooter! this linke in my country is blocked plz if you have another link put in your post

The Sacrifice

Thanks LittleMOM and hadi665.

Hi maryam13, here is another link, this time on vimeo.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nice work. When I saw the first screenshot there... for a second I thought it was a photograph... but only for a second.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by banzato View Post
    Thanks LittleMOM and hadi665.

Hi maryam13, here is another link, this time on vimeo.

This is front page stuff! Congrats!

Very nice job

I like your renders, especially the first one.

WOW!!! Amazing that what I want to get for my project : )

The Sacrifice

!!!!!!amazing!!!!!

The Sacrifice

Smile

Thanks PixelMaster, m3fs, makan ansari, Frontop, JulienCoffin and thejaguarmma. I am very happy that you all liked my work.

Today I saw some features of Unreal 4 engine. It's really nice to know they are improving the viewport elements and the strong light, material shaders, post process and particle effects. That must be the complete step in the games industry and I am very happy to have the chance to see this time.

That type of video encourages me to think in bigger projects. Epic has my hand in the future, after looking this video.

Thanks to you guys and thanks to Epic to help us to produce incredible jobs.

Anyone here has an idea of when we will have the chance to have unreal 4 in our hands?

MSgt. Shooter Person

No one knows when UDK 4 will be released, and there are a lot of varying guesses at the moment. The best we can do for now is wait for more words from Epic themselves.

The Sacrifice

woow man awsome!! hey just a question, could you post an immage of how is the mirror made in the material editor??
    thx

Oh man, looks AMAZING! Super jealous

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast