Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default This game is EPIC!

I just love this game, it brings back the fun to the shooter games. I played it in spanish, and I laughed a lot, the voice actors are awesome, the characters are awesome, the story is great too, with a lot of fun and the drama that makes it an epic story of survival and vengative redemption. The weapons and the skillshots are pure fun, I found them very creative.
    Some people on PC have problems with graphics and other things, I have an AMD Quad Core 3.0GHZ and a Geforce GT220 and I never had any kind of problem. Also I play it on Windows 7 SP1, and again, no problems.
    Thanks to the people that made this game for bringing me so much happines.

PD: Descanse en paz, Meneón P. Lameinformes, siempre estará en mi corazón!

Veteran

Epic game made by Epic is epic.
    \\★//ℳ ℭᴀʀᴍɪɴᴇ \\★//
    RANK: \\★// 61 Judgment:31----- YouTube------>Youtube.com/prodigyur Twitter------>https://twitter.com/Im_Mike_
    Member of the old Guard

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bufflebags

What I think that makes this game pure awesome is how over the top it is! Best first person shooter for a a long while!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LowLifeRaccoon

I have to disagree. I thought the game was very poor and immature. I *did* like the "Skillshot" system, but I don't think it should have been the main focus of the game. Steve Blum was, as usual, annoying. I found most of the characters that I met in my admittedly short time playing the game unlikeable. Thankfully I only played it because my brother bought it, so I don't have any investment to regret. Another generic shooter that will be forgotten in a year or two.

I would say that it has some pretty good humor, although it's kind of predictable what the characters are going to say when the scenes are playing out. I like the female character, she's not bad at all.
    "And Sera burned." - Gears of War: Jacinto's Remnant
    Gears of War 1 - 1200/1250 Dom RAAM
    Gears of War 2 - 1750/1750
    Gears of War 3 - 1900/2000 Hoffman RAAM Onyx: 48 Gold: 11 Silver: 6
    Gears of War: Judgment - 1500/1500

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: oO CYLON Oo

I agree Bulletstorm is epic. I always try to out do any skill shots or echo rounds. It's addictive.

It lags when you play MP though.

naw, its pretty **** actually.

MSgt. Shooter Person

It's the best game I've ever seen!

Boomshot

OLd style, if this game change d to Gears style, then it will be so much better......

God King

Disagree. Gears should have Gears style, UT should have Unreal (Tournament) style (which got replaced by a more Gears-like look in UT3 *sniff* ) and Bulletstorm needs a new style. Recycling is good (to some point), but taking over styles is too much recycling.

Thanks for this awesome game Epic Games!
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

Thumbs up Loving this game...

Finished the single player yesterday. Had a great time with it and can't recommend this game enough. It's so much better than the demo implied. Looking forward to multi-player and hoping this won't be the last Bulletstorm

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThunderCrushR

I'm on act 6 so I will probably finish the game today. This game grew on me, ~The characters
    It is actually a fun so far, not boring. It has good colorful graphics. Once I'm finished I can give a better yea or nea

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: VanDam08

The story was really bland to me. The action was cool but after a while it was repitative. I would like to think that this would have been better with multiplayer. It would have the classic score attack arcade style. Story mode. and Multiplayer. Thats the best type of game ever. An maybe a horde.
    COG to THE END

Yeah! The game was awesome. Personaly I would make the battles more EPIC! Super explosions, more destructive eviroment
    THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iron Guard

cod is game which is playing itself and bulletstorm should become a game which is played by exposions? I'ts already a bit like that what i don't like (killing one enemy is more satisfying if you putted effort in it than effortlessy killing a dozen (like in second echo level when shooting barrels). I want to feel my gaming skill, not power of main character.

I want there to be explosions but that doesn't mean that the main character has to be responsible for them.
    Passed Bulletstorm on Very Hard in 14 hours

God King

Waste of enemies. I need skillpoints. If I can't kill them but a random explosion does, a bunch of SP is lost, maybe like 2000-3000 at least if it's a group that dies by an explosion.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

MSgt. Shooter Person
    In a run-down imulsion facility, slaughtering Locust attackers by the hundreds.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WhyteBoiJames

Definitely one of my favorite shooters. I like kicking people around :P
    [Fan Fic Writers Support Group]

To Hell and Back
    ^
    Now with more than six thousand views!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pantallid3th

i hate how everyone hates this game, Its not generic whatsoever!!!!!! Its the most original game to come out since Gears of war!!!!! The leash war pure genius!!!!1
    ۩۞۩Gears of War 3 Epic Edition Owner۩۞۩
    Why Do I Feel Compelled To Understand Your Inadequacies As A Soldier? Is It Your Lack Of Training? Lack Of Discipline? Or Simply, Lack Of Internet Connection...
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyieu View Post
    You are the Marcus to my Dom, the Baird to my Cole, the grenade that closes the emergence hole, if you were mine i'd make you see together we should play Gears of War 3

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Superr0ck1

fish sticks are the best

Iron Guard

@Gnasher Masher

Did you herd ever about Mortal Combat and Scorpion guy? He's not the only one who did it before . Actually you can do simmiliar trick even in Minecraft using fishing rod.

And by they way. Originality is not a goal when creating art form (and games have already that level of complication on creative side which can made art of them). It's a way of acheiving goal. You can be extremally original but create something unplayable and difficult to read. Bulletstorm had nice overall idea but realisation was a problem. Some gameplay ideas were implemented in that way which created some side effects which probably werent noticed by devs (but imo some ideas could be implemented in a little bit different way which would avoid those unintended effects)

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Felix999478

I totaly dislike that game xD
    It's just boring ... No trolling here i realy don't like it!
    GT: Felix999478
    My Brother to the End: Gundel AvHeadi
    Thanks to you guys who gave me the Flaming Lancer, SGE and now Jungle Tai You are the best :P

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nob Shots

This game is amazing will there be a number two.

Iron Guard

Position of Bulletstorm board was moved under UT3 which i found funny but today i noticed that BS was moved again and now is under UT2k4. I want to ask you one thing Adrian Chmielarz, is this proof solid enough?

By the way... They could close BS board and open UT'99 one. I think that it could become more popular :P

God King

It is somewhat ironic/"funny" in a "special way", but I still have hope for some update or a sequel. This game is not even a year old, nothing is lost yet.

S l y .

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EmShost

I think Adrian knows his thing well enough from more believable sources than looking on forums layout -_-; Though I will continue to poke him on twitter and QQ moar just so he know we know what PCF did was amazing. I'm kinda tired of reasoning what and why, I'm not a dev, read his post-mortem if you can. I'm slowly concurring with his opinion about BS being a self-contained whole, with some damage here and there.

It's the end of the year and Bulletstorm got quite a lot of good renown in 2011 summaries on various sites, but sorry guys, there won't be any part two. Have a picture instead.

Iron Guard

Same as me. As i said a couple of times. It has great potential in it which shouldn't be wasted. It need many changes in mechanics but it is managable even by experienced modding team.

But as one PCF members which i know (kind of :P) says when i start talking about this game "I don't care. Bulletstorm was long time ago". He can be trolling me a bit, but i don't think that he do so now.

Iron Guard

@Goha

Well... As far as i know the only way of getting hands on that post mortem article is buying game developers magazine what i probably would do if not need of giving them my credit card number. I just don't feel good in doing so. Especially to read single article.

If you know other source where i can find it and like to tell me i would be gratefull.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Im going to stop you there. Gears of war 3 is the best game of all time

Iron Guard

Pff... that slow game... Have you ever played Warsow? Or at least Quake / UT.

But seriously now. There are many kinds of game which are simply different than other. Even in the same genre. UT2k4 is completely diffrent game than gears. It's impossible to compare them. Comparing GoW3 to StarCraft2 is also pointless, same as to new Deus Ex or Amnesia... GoW series is the best cover based shooting game experience, but not the best game of all.

God King

Quote Originally Posted by Goha View Post
    I think Adrian knows his thing well enough from more believable sources than looking on forums layout -_-; Though I will continue to poke him on twitter and QQ moar just so he know we know what PCF did was amazing. I'm kinda tired of reasoning what and why, I'm not a dev, read his post-mortem if you can. I'm slowly concurring with his opinion about BS being a self-contained whole, with some damage here and there.

It's the end of the year and Bulletstorm got quite a lot of good renown in 2011 summaries on various sites, but sorry guys, there won't be any part two. Have a picture instead.
    The picture is nice, but I want BS2.

Did he actually ever response?

Wouldn't it be the best option to contact someone from Team Epic Gamers and ask them to get in contact with the developers? Should be the easiest way to get in contact with them.
    Bulletstorm has definitely great potential in it and I agree that it shouldn't be wasted.
    I wish I could talk with the devs personally (preferably in Polish as that's my "second" native language, in English that would be kinda annoying, even though I'm already used to speak and write in English, it's still harder than talking in a language you were raised with) and try to convince them what great stuff you can do with it . lol

By the way, Fartuess, what kind of gameplay changes would you do?
    I know that you would intend to speed up the gameplay, but what exactly would you change to do this?

Tbh, I would like to see the weapons with same functionality in a sequel - but just add more weapons to choose from to give more possiblities, perhaps "faster" weapons. Just as I said in another thread, a weapon that freezes, combine this with a flamethrower and the leash/other weapons and you have already much more skillshots and fast gameplay.
    Also, do you know the Industrial Mover Rifle for UT2004?
    A change I'd like to see would be making the leash this controllable with the "attract enemies" effect when pressing the key a second time or something like that and the game would be about 20x better than it already is because it would allow throwing enemies into the bulletstorm of someone else or even easily make the skillshot Voodoo Doll or Enviromental while running through the crowd! Just imagine this!
    Something that could be improved as well would be the walking speed. Making it slightly higher would be ok. It was not too slow but imo it was not perfect either. Jumping is not really needed (unless it could be used for additional skillshots, like jumping from a higher platform on top of an enemy and crushing him by doing so or something among these lines) but more movement freedom for the campaign would be definitely cool as it was sometimes a bit annoying that you couldn't just take a shortcut by jumping/running off the edge or got easily stuck on boxes and other stuff like that (yeah, I managed to do this a few times wasting the chance to get new highscores in Echo lol).

The game is still one of my top favorites, even though there is some room for improvement. I know, nothing can be perfect as this can be never fullfilled, but you can try to make it nearly perfect - and you can still do it with Bulletstorm 2.
    If anyone from PCF or Epic is reading this (which I would like but I doubt it will be the case), please think about it.
    Last edited by Sly.; 12-20-2011 at 04:50 PM.

S l y .

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

@Sly: he's active and interacts with fans. Twitter is a nice little thing that makes the contact more direct, casual communication. For a while I thought he's not used to receive fan feedback personally, especially fanart :P He also likes to twist my words around and against me, but I don't mind ;} You can find him here, so drop by and say hi.

As for the pics, well, glad someone likes, I make loads of them just to kinda console myself. Miss Novak, especially, is a great model to work with (actually Adrian was laughing at this vid, that I touched her boobs or something...), I love her for her personality and for her form, so it personally hurts me that we won't be seeing any continuation of her, Gray's and Sato's fate.
    Besides enjoyable gameplay, this game has a distinct design (well not NOW, as you can now find other games where the environment isn't a post apocalyptic wasted war-world), in the time it was released market was full of modern shooters, full of grey and brown pixels, one so similar to the other that I had problems with distinguishing one franchise from another. I personally dislike modern shooters and most of FPP shooters (I'm an RPG person in the first place), and what got me to Bulletstorm were: music that I heard long before I was able to buy the game, design, Steve Blum, Jen Hale and PCF. Seriously, Steve and Jennifer as main leads in one game, my head exploded when I heard them for the first time. Add a well-written, not overwhelming, fast paced story to that (by that I mean only current events, nobody's trying too hard to explain you how the world works and why the sun rises at the east), and the single campaign was perfect. Banter is still funny, game has this sufficient level of "campy" without being totally kitschy. It's relaxing and satisfying. At least it's just my personal opinion.
    Last edited by Goha; 12-20-2011 at 05:48 PM.

God King

Yup, that's true. I use to play some Echo maps whenever I feel like it, but in the last time I tend to do less because I'm tired of having to log in two times into my GFWL account until GFWL understands that I want to log in... *sigh* It's such an obstacle... and maybe someday I'll get myself a Twitter account. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Chmielarz
    "In 1982, The Thing and Blade Runner were released on the same day. Both were heavily criticized and financially unsuccessful"
    Did you see that tweet too?
    Could this have been a hint? Does he want to say that Bulletstorm will be an all-time classic even though it flopped? The Thing got some remakes but no sequel (at least I'm not aware of any sequel). I hope Bulletstorm will remain an all-time classic but I really hope it will get a sequel. It doesn't have to have new environments. As I stated in other threads, it would be totally ok to recycle content and make a "deja vu storyline". After all, it was Serrano's job to wipe all life off this planet and make it easy for a company to rebuild everything. Repeat the story of the "idiot-proof concept of prisoner workers" and the resulting rebellion and bam! - you have a sequel. It's just no game to have just a part 1 without a part 2 if it hints for a part 2 at the end of the game (c'mon, we all want to face Serrano again and pay him back for everything he did, especially to Ishi and Trishka's father! And I'm curious how he looks like after that little... "incident" on board of the ship. I want to see him suffer much more than he did in Bulletstorm (1) though, he deserved it >:] - and I want to see his surprised face a'la "What!? You oversized roaches survived!?").
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Chmielarz
    "Go buy a new copy and help convince Epic to make a sequel".
    Will do. Will be a nice Christmas present for my closest friends.

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks like that.
    Oh, would be nice if you could link Mr. Chmielarz to the Bulletstorm forum if you didn't already. He shall see that there is still interest and a dedicated fanbase, even if a small one.

PS: lol, look at this:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Yaaay! Now everybody can smell like a space pirate!
    Last edited by Sly.; 12-20-2011 at 07:09 PM.

S l y .

Redeemer

lol nice!!!
    need Brisk,Neon,Team Metal,Anya,Young Dom,Alex Brand
    Thanks to Chellz for the Jungle Tai!!!!

Iron Guard

Wow! Nice wall of text.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly. View Post
    I wish I could talk with the devs personally (preferably in Polish as that's my "second" native language, in English that would be kinda annoying, even though I'm already used to speak and write in English, it's still harder than talking in a language you were raised with)
    No nie gadaj...

By the way, Fartuess, what kind of gameplay changes would you do?
    I know that you would intend to speed up the gameplay, but what exactly would you change to do this?
    I'm not in the mood of writting huge posts. Maybe tomorrow . I could send you modified ini's (which fixed some bits didn't like) but it would also change your control settings (and maybe even video settngs).

Quote Originally Posted by Goha View Post
    @Sly: he's active and interacts with fans. Twitter is a nice little thing that makes the contact more direct, casual communication. For a while I thought he's not used to receive fan feedback personally, especially fanart :P He also likes to twist my words around and against me, but I don't mind ;} You can find him here, so drop by and say hi.
    I know about his twitter account but i dont have it and don't want to create just for that reason. Anyway... When we bumped together on polygamia site, he told me that he don't have much time to talk about game design stuff. But he have time to talk with casual players? I just need to find a way to read that post mortem, then i will write something to him.

Oh, would be nice if you could link Mr. Chmielarz to the Bulletstorm forum if you didn't already. He shall see that there is still interest and a dedicated fanbase, even if a small one.
    He have his account here. He wrote few posts before relase of the game. Not sure if he wrote any posts after it.

God King

Quote Originally Posted by Fartuess View Post
    Wow! Nice wall of text.
    Thanks lol
    No nie gadaj...
    The world is small, hehe.
    I'm not in the mood of writting huge posts. Maybe tomorrow . I could send you modified ini's (which fixed some bits didn't like) but it would also change your control settings (and maybe even video settngs).
    No, thanks. I like to play Anarchy from time to time and I'm sure the changes will conflict with something or might be seen as cheating - and I definitely don't want to risk anything. Mod support would be definitely the best alternative as the community could just make mutators for the game to change gameplay. It's all about getting in contact with PCF/Epic and try to convince them - even if the chances are more than just small.

I sent you a PM regarding contacting Team Epic Gamers.

S l y .

Iron Guard

No, thanks. I like to play Anarchy from time to time and I'm sure the changes will conflict with something or might be seen as cheating - and I definitely don't want to risk anything. Mod support would be definitely the best alternative as the community could just make mutators for the game to change gameplay. It's all about getting in contact with PCF/Epic and try to convince them - even if the chances are more than just small.
    You can make backup of older ini's and play modified version offline like i did.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

I know about his twitter account but i dont have it and don't want to create just for that reason.
    That's why I have a separate mail acc for such stuff.

Anyway... When we bumped together on polygamia site, he told me that he don't have much time to talk about game design stuff. But he have time to talk with casual players?
    You know how it is, once you got time, once you don't. No, he doesn't lead full time conversations. That's the "magic" of twitter - contact is limited to 140 letters/message, but also feels more direct. You're receiving notifications when someone is mentioning you, so the possibility that your message was seen is high.

He also haven't got the time to write on his G+ account lately. He's having series of messages day by day, then weeks of silence.

Sorry for the ot, but you guys mention modding... Any info of how to activate flycam/freeze/FoV change/tiledshot? I have that in ME/ME2, would like to try it here. Epic screenshots from Stygia are my dream. :P

Oh look, new toy.

Aaaand there you go, I allowed myself to mention one of your above posts:
    Just please don't over-interpret that. We all know PCF is working on something, which for known reason can't be revealed.
    Last edited by Goha; 12-23-2011 at 07:14 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast