Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    God King

Default Unreal Old Friends Map Pack 2

Name: UOF Map Pack 2
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: UT3 + Patch 2.1 + Titan Pack
    Release date: April 1st, 2011
    Homepage: UOF

Description: Since the first pack was well received by the UT3 community, the UOF team as decide to make a second pack. As the first, this pack is intended to be primarily a fun group project made by a great bunch of friends that combines several different mapping styles.

Many months of development & testing have been invested in this second pack, enjoy.

Game types: 2 CTF, 3 DM, 1 DOM, 2 Greed, 1 WAR

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Download for PC (Manual installation):

Megashares
    Odedge
    UT-FILES
    UTZone.de

Download for PC (Windows installer):

Megashares
    Odedge
    UT-FILES

Download for PS3 (Manual installation):

Megashares
    Odedge
    UT3MOD (each file available in USERDATA.JAM, not as a whole pack)

Manual installation:

Extract the UOF Map Pack 2.rar archive into :

"...\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps" directory. If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it.

Automatic installer:

Run UOF Map Pack 2.exe & follow the steps. Note that a uninstaller is added in your Windows programs menu.

Manual installation for PS3:

Extract 'UOF Map Pack 2 for PS3.rar'. Each map of this pack as is own directory since you must copy each of the USERDATA.JAM file to a data card and insert it into the PS3 console. Note; CTF-Fatima isn't included. Therefore, DM-DeReZDe, a bonus version as been added

Bonus downloads:

DM-Orbital Reconstruction by Lord_PorkSword, a DM variant of his WAR-Oribtal Drift map. A bonus Easter Egg from him for pack 2

MediaFire or Megashares

DOM-Orbital Reconstruction by Lord_PorkSword, a DOM variant of his Orbital Reconstruction map for this pack

MediaFire

Credits:

Level designers
    'Bl!tz', ric Rigard
    'Odedge', Jeff
    'Thrallala', Jonatan Czapnik
    'Lord PorkSword', Michael Lomman
    'Stevelois', Steve Loiselle

Internal coordination
    1xTrEmE, Bl!tz & Odedge

Officials announcements, advertisements, compilation & upload, main readme, readme template
    Stevelois

Greed conversion, Windows Installer
    Odedge

Wallpapers
    Thrallala

Special requests
    Sbastien NOVA

Testers
    All level designers + 1xTrEmE, Achernar, Barballs, Cupcake, Diesalot, HO0815XX, Rathalos, Sbastien NOVA, TIPPER & Zergling

Others
    Euchreplayer23 for everything regarding the PS3 conversion
    Epic for the editor & assets
    ClickTeam Install Creator for the free installer

Packs:

UOF Map Pack (pack #1), released July 2010
    UOF Map Pack 2 (pack #2), released April 2011
    UOF DM Map Pack (pack #3, part 1 of 2), released December 2011
    UOF EG Map Pack (pack #3, part 2 of 2), released December 2011
    UOF LP Map Pack (pack #4), released July 2013

Boomshot

wow thx guys for the next map pack
    UT3DOM 5.0 IS OUT http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/news.php
    PATCH 2.0 [/url] malcolm is back in ut3
    RANKIN is BACK in ut3
    AT LAST UT3 PS3 NOW HAVE COSTUM SOUND SWEET
    ps3 players all go too this site http://www.iamgaming.com/
    its the best ps3 comunaty for ut3 at ps3

MSgt. Shooter Person

Post Awesome

Awesome! Downloading...

WolfyBrandon

Prisoner 849

Hope you guys have fun with the maps!
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

MSgt. Shooter Person

nIce and sexy mappack guys XD

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default UOF2 Map Comments (Part 1)

Now that I have played all of the "Unreal Old Friends Map Pack 2" maps, here are my comments about each of the maps.

DM-DeReZ by Odedge

This was the first map I played out of the UOF2 Map Pack, and is my favorite mostly because it suits my style of gameplay (1on1). It has lovely Z-Axis gameplay, and as much as a Shock Rifle map as it may seem to be, I found my weapon of choice to be the Bio Rifle! The map is just the right size for it, and with all the tight twists and turns its easy to turn a corner and glob someone. I really love maps like this where the Shock and Bio feel equally powerful and I can feel comfortable holding either of the weapons in my hand the majority of the match. If the map were larger and a bit more open then I would lean more towards using Shock, but since it keeps it tight I was able to have a lot of fun with Bio. Now before people get the wrong idea I will say I am someone who believes that all weapons within UT3 have their time and place when used correctly, and I used all of the included weapons during my game. I really liked the map's HOLP style, it flows well and the item pickups feel very balanced. Sadly I have to report I am having a serious drop in FPS during the Berserk spawn sequence. When the Berserk spawns (and as long as it stays in the map and is not picked up by a player), no matter where I am located in the map, if I look in the Berserk's direction it becomes almost unplayable I get such a bad FPS hit. I am running UT3 on medium level settings, and it might just be my computer since it is a bit out dated, but I would be interested to know if anyone else has this issue and if it might be a problem with the map that can be fixed. It can be frustrating at times when I am trying to do a lift jump just to grab the Berserk to stop my game from lagging but end up missing the jump due to the lag. That was the only issue I found with the map, and if it wasn't for that the map would be perfect.

DM-Amytis by Lord_PorkSword

The first thing I noticed when I spawned into this map was the atmosphere... 0_0 The floating islands off in the distance, the waterfalls raining down, and blooming greenery really made me feel I was in another world. The blues, greens, and purples of this map are very pleasing to the eye, and I could tell right away a lot of attention was put into the details of this map. Now I am not a big fan of low gravity maps, but this map makes me want to be. I got a big refresher at how much I suck at low gravity maps and if the enemy didn't kill me the fall did. I tried a 1on1 to a score of 10 and it was a real struggle the first couple of times, I had to resort to some "less than l33t" tactics to pull it off because of the negative numbers. If you ever come into the situation where you think the bot you are playing totally disappeared off the face of the map, be sure to check the small islands at the bottom. I spent ages searching all over only to find it stranded on a little island it could not escape from. Though there are some pathways and small rooms located on the map I found myself using mostly long ranged weapons. I think some of the rooms might be on the too small side for having CQB battles in them, they are mostly just cover from long range fire. I always found myself dodging out and floating away to get some distance from my opponent unless I was totally stacked on pickups. I'm not too familiar with the Slow Field power-up included in this map... its a good protection against the long range attacks but I found it was better to let it run out then try and attack someone with it. It's just too dangerous on a map like this to fumble around trying to stay inside it to battle someone up close. If there was any issue the map has I would say the watered walkways only make splashy sounds when you jump on them, not when you walk on them which is probably just a limitation of the game anyway. All in all a great map that should be experienced; will take some getting use to the low gravity on my end though...

[Continued...]
    Last edited by Wolfy.Brandon; 04-03-2011 at 07:30 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default UOF2 Map Comments (Part 2)

[Part 2]

DM-NaPaliKeep by Bl!tz

This map instantly reminded me of DM-Peak, since both maps have a similar look and atmosphere to them. The map is fairly large and is probably best suited for more than a 1on1. Sadly I don't think this map fits my play style very well and all though it is fun to play, it is on the lower end of my favorites of this map pack, sorry Bl!tz. Either I am really missing something here, or I tried too hard to make this map something that it is not. I encountered a lot of little issues that bugged me, for example... I don't think the tall tower was scaled well for the jump boots pickup you have in the map. You have the jump boots pickup on one of the lower levels of the tower, but when I try to jump boot to the next level of the tower I fall short. I ended up having to jump up on something first to be tall enough, or try to aim for the middle of the sloped paths above that were a bit shorter to be able to get to the next level which was kind of tedious. In fact a lot of areas are like that in the map and although the map has a lot of vertical elements to it, it doesn't really feel like the jump boots fit in. They help you get to a few places here and there but nothing really critical. I had another issue where the bot was jumping up to that roof top above the invisibility power-up that has the eyes on the wall as if the bot was going to get the shield belt. It would walk for a ways and then have an aneurysm every time for some unknown reason. I also think some of the pickups could be moved further from the walls as well as a few other tweaks to improve the flow of the level. I also didn't like how if I fell onto the rooftops in that center square in the courtyard I couldn't double jump back out of it. I had to jump down to the jump pad at the bottom for it to push me back up to the top. There was also a time after I picked up the Stinger in the waterway the turning wheel outside of it ended up killing me. I wish I could have gotten my hands on a beta of this map to help you try to improve the flow and make it more enjoyable to play.

CTF-Fatima by Stevelois

I'm not much of a CTF player aside from a little Facing Worlds and Epicboy, but I liked this map because it is really straight forward and easy to learn. You got your high and low route which if you choose low its a bit more risky because you have to jump over a pit but you have a chance at getting the UDamage. I found that the most action occurred within the middle of the map which I think works very well. I really liked the look of both the upper and lower parts of the middle area (it was really well done), as well as the outside. I also liked the MegaHealth on the towers you can quickly grab on your way out before you head into the middle area where the action will be. The map has really good flow, and the items feel very balanced and I didn't encounter any issues with it. Happy to have this one in my collection even though I rarely play CTF.

[Continued...]
    Last edited by Wolfy.Brandon; 04-03-2011 at 07:36 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default UOF2 Map Comments (Part 3)

[Part 3]

CTF-Legacy by Thrallala

When it comes to the visuals for this map, I liked the contrast you get from being inside your base with the red lava and then heading out into the very green and lush outside area. The items inside each of the bases are pretty sparse, so this forces you to explore the outside area a bit to stock up on what weapons and armor that are available before you venture into the enemy base. The flag run paths between the bases are traveled heavily, so you will want to be prepared for it. I also like the idea of being able to see both of the flags from inside the bases, this gives you a chance to try and fend off someone trying to cap your flag to buy some time. Also there is a Sniper position on the other side of the map between the bases that can be fought over to cover the flag run paths.

[Continued...]
    Last edited by Wolfy.Brandon; 04-03-2011 at 07:40 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default UOF2 Map Comments (Part 4)

[Part 4]

WAR-Orbital Drift by Lord_PorkSword

[Continued...]

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default UOF2 Map Comments (Part 5)

[Part5]

I really loved the whole theme of this warfare map out in space it is really cool. I like the Prime Nodes in the ground looking something like crashed pieces of debris in the rock. When it is inactive you can drop down the hole to reach the lower level, but if the node is active the hole is blocked off making you either destroy it first or go around another way. This might be tricky if someone is above trying to destroy it and someone is below trying to heal it. Although it is mainly on foot action, the map does have a spawn for a Raptor at the middle node which makes things interesting. Sadly it doesn't have more vehicles for space battles and stuff like that, but since the map is on the smaller side for a warfare map and split up on different platforms vehicle uses would be limited anyway. I found the middle node can be very hard to capture at times. When you are below trying to heal it, the node is exposed to various distant platforms where multiple opponents can take shots at it from a distance. Since you are below the node, it can be difficult to get a shot at the opponents attacking the node you are trying to heal. If you try to stay above the node and heal it, then you are exposing yourself to enemy fire at just about every angle. This is a map I may need to spend more time with to develop some better tactics on keeping the nodes linked so I can destroy the enemy core.

Thanks for all of the hard work and time you guys put into making these wonderful maps for UT3!

WolfyBrandon

Prisoner 849

Many thanks for the indepth feedback M8!
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

Iron Guard

Seconed, thanks for taking the time to give us in-depth feedback on all maps, much appreciated!

Boomshot

yup, thx for the detailled feedback and np
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
    Many thanks for the indepth feedback M8!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrallala View Post
    Seconed, thanks for taking the time to give us in-depth feedback on all maps, much appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    yup, thx for the detailled feedback and np
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post
    Your very welcome m8 & THX for taking the time to write your thoughts about each map, it's very usefu &l extremely appreciated That way, we know what you think about all of them

I'm happy you like the pack in all.

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odedge View Post
    Big thanks for your reviews/detailed comments. While we work hard to make the maps, this is how we like to get paid.

It took a while, but you all are very welcome!

WolfyBrandon
    Last edited by Wolfy.Brandon; 04-05-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Redeemer

just downloaded!

thanks a ton for the effort guys!
    Worse than you thought, but better than you think.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well done chaps but

CTF Legacy.
    When I first played this map I just went Wow. Ive come to expect exceptional maps from Thrallala and this was the map I was looking forward to the most.
    It is a fantastic map visually and thats my kind of map coz Im a crap player, I just like wandering around shooting stuff in lovely surroundings.
    My problem with the map is it doesnt seem to be finished; or at least not to the standard I was expecting.
    Its the foliage; it just doesnt have the definition I know can be accomplished. Sure, it takes hours of work but on this map its vital. The more prominent plants are fine; its the moss effects and hanging greenery in the back ground. For me at least its these small details that make a map with this amount of visual impact. Get this sorted and this map imo would be one of the best looking maps released so far.

DM Napali Keep
    This was another shock. Bl!tz produces well made maps, but the truth is Im not a great fan of his mapping style. I know he wont be offended, we all like different stuff.
    This is a bit different. In fact I think this is your best map to date Bl!tz. There is just the right combination of a visual and game play mix in the map to keep me playing and out of all the maps this is the one Ive been playing most. The Flac cannon in the tall tower is an interesting twist, (do I jump and fire at the bots in the court yard on the way down and risk the health drop on impact or climb down in stages). Great fun mate and a superb map.
    For my taste, youve nailed it with this one.

More later

God King

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy.Brandon View Post
    Thanks for all of the hard work and time you guys put into making these wonderful maps for UT3!
    Since you wrote various posts, I just quote the essential idea

Your very welcome m8 & THX for taking the time to write your thoughts about each map, it's very usefu &l extremely appreciated That way, we know what you think about all of them

I'm happy you like the pack in all.

Cheers!

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by TIPPER View Post

In fact I think this is your best map to date Bl!tz. There is just the right combination of a visual and game play mix in the map...
    thx my friend, i m happy u like it, my main effort was on gameplay
    ...and like steve said ...thx all for posting something
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W

MSgt. Shooter Person

DM Amytis

Stunning mate. Once again not my sort of map but Im keeping this one. To play this well is beyond my skill level, (I know its sad after all these years ) If I spent less time looking at the scenery I would probably spend less time looking at the underneath as I plummet to the ground
    Ive persisted with this map because it really is a gorgeous looking creation. Youve got extreme detail, imaginative layout, even the underneath has had care taken over it. Ive had some fun trying to hammer jump my way out of the ****. What I have enjoyed is using a different weapon selection, Crucible etc. Its a lot of fun with Hammers and Pistols for example.
    I havent found any faults with it yet; prolly coz Im upside down and heading to earth before I get a proper look around. However, it looks to be a very well made map and should have the low grav and Insta Gib players pinging around like Bl!tz for many happy hours.
    A first class construction and detail map.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well Steve mate you’re just boring now It’s got to the point where I creep around your maps hoping to find a problem
    I checked this map out before you filled in the centre and thought then this was going to be a bit tasty
    Its great map mate and all the better for being less erm, busy, than your earlier offerings.
    What I particularly like about your maps in general is the detail outside the accessible areas and attention to skyboxes, player drop areas such as the water and rocks under this map.
    There have been a few maps where these areas have been a bit neglected and imo have spoilt the overall effect. Nice to see you’ve still kept your attention to detail.
    For hardcore players such things may not matter, too busy to look around, but for me it’s the little things that make the map
    I think you’ve got the layout complexity and pretty stuff about right on this one. As with most maps the bots have their preferred routes and if you’re a bit sharp with the rocket launcher and have a bot sniper in the tower you can make life rather difficult for the blue team so possibly a slight imbalance in game play there. However, they get around it most of the time so not a major problem.
    I have found a couple of problems. Outside the red base (centre left coming from blue) there are some barrels, hay rake handle (? )and stuff in a niche between two walls and the bots fall in and get stuck.
    There is also a bot problem on the left hand exit from the red base in the doorway facing the thigh shields. I don’t know if the bots think they can’t be seen there and are hoping to catch you blasting out of base or they do actually get stuck there.
    Great CTF map mate. Make some more

still more to come....

God King

Quote Originally Posted by TIPPER View Post
    Well Steve mate you’re just boring now It’s got to the point where I creep around your maps hoping to find a problem
    I checked this map out before you filled in the centre and thought then this was going to be a bit tasty
    Its great map mate and all the better for being less erm, busy, than your earlier offerings.
    What I particularly like about your maps in general is the detail outside the accessible areas and attention to skyboxes, player drop areas such as the water and rocks under this map.
    There have been a few maps where these areas have been a bit neglected and imo have spoilt the overall effect. Nice to see you’ve still kept your attention to detail.
    For hardcore players such things may not matter, too busy to look around, but for me it’s the little things that make the map
    I think you’ve got the layout complexity and pretty stuff about right on this one. As with most maps the bots have their preferred routes and if you’re a bit sharp with the rocket launcher and have a bot sniper in the tower you can make life rather difficult for the blue team so possibly a slight imbalance in game play there. However, they get around it most of the time so not a major problem.
    I'm glad you like the visuals & the details of this map

In the other hand, by trying to add details, it consume much more time to actually finish the level. This map took me 14 months to build & as you I like when the non playable area look nice.

I to, love the details. I could had spend more time adding this & that to gain more immersion but I always keep visuals vs. performances in mind. I only add what I feel was enough & optimize the map the more I can so you don't loss much visuals / immersion in lower detail mode (low / medium settings) or play in full details without impacting FPS much.

I have found a couple of problems. Outside the red base (centre left coming from blue) there are some barrels, hay rake handle (? )and stuff in a niche between two walls and the bots fall in and get stuck.
    There is also a bot problem on the left hand exit from the red base in the doorway facing the thigh shields. I don’t know if the bots think they can’t be seen there and are hoping to catch you blasting out of base or they do actually get stuck there.
    Great CTF map mate. Make some more
    I'm aware of 1 issue only & I did everything to fix it without success but it's not one of this issue & it's not at those spots neither, odd?

But I'm glad you like the map in all

Since you like the details, Citius is my next very detailed map I presume you will like the visuals at least.

THX for the detailed feedback m8

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have to stop the freakin visual orgasm-fest in this mappack XDDD

Until next pack for several months I will not revive that fest XD

Many thanks for your effort tharalla is not usual to see an greenish and refreshin map wow
    Steve nice progress in ctf-citius keep going mate!
    Blizt your map is atmospheric XD
    LORD your maps here is pure poetic for my eyes only could be perfect a music like that ones in the tokkara map for ut2k4 that would be oooh floatin

Redeemer

Damn you guys, you had to go and release a map pack while I was on vacation! A little heads up next time please (so I can tell the wife we aren't going...).

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by M^vL View Post
    Damn you guys, you had to go and release a map pack while I was on vacation! A little heads up next time please (so I can tell the wife we aren't going...).
    hahaha u have too much vacations ! that s it old branch!

God King

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
    I have to stop the freakin visual orgasm-fest in this mappack XDDD

Until next pack for several months I will not revive that fest XD

Many thanks for your effort tharalla is not usual to see an greenish and refreshin map wow
    Steve nice progress in ctf-citius keep going mate!
    Blizt your map is atmospheric XD
    LORD your maps here is pure poetic for my eyes only could be perfect a music like that ones in the tokkara map for ut2k4 that would be oooh floatin
    LOL

Citius...........heu............yeah.

THX for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by M^vL View Post
    ROFL!

I had a good laugh Martin

Next time, we're going to wait before releasing the pack just for ya

Anyway, post your impressions when you have the time, one day

I am glad you guys are enjoying the pack and thanks for letting us know that you are.

@ Wolfy

Big thanks for your reviews/detailed comments. While we work hard to make the maps, this is how we like to get paid.

That being said, I am glad you like DeReZ. It actually was smaller, but people kept telling me it was too small. I think I found a good balance for "tight" game play.

I tested the Berserk Kismet sequence a lot (it would drop 10 FPS on my computer at one point). I do have a lot of things being turned on, so it may stress some computers.

I want my maps to be enjoyable to play first and foremost. I am open to make a "special edition" that tones down the sequence. I will wait to see if others have a similar experience and go from there.

Thanks again...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey steve read you thread about fatima lol

Show must go on! xd

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey guys thanks for this great work, each map is very well detailed and polished, focused on different types of players, my favorite is the map by Odedge, but that's because I like to play mostly DM in maps not so open with very few players(3 or 4) and this map is a perfect place for this, but as I said, each map is focused on different types of players, i had Some collision Issues inside of the water in the map by bltz, but in essence, is a great map pack , I have no complaints. congratulations UOF team!
    Last edited by Nb_Zaibot; 04-06-2011 at 07:19 PM.

God King

Quote Originally Posted by Nb_Zaibot View Post
    Hey guys thanks for this great work, each map is very well detailed and polished, focused on different types of players, my favorite is the map by Odedge, but that's because I like to play mostly DM in maps not so open with very few players(3 or 4) and this map is a perfect place for this, but as I said, each map is focused on different types of players, i had Some collision Issues inside of the water in the map by bltz, but in essence, is a great map pack , I have no complaints. congratulations UOF team!
    THX for the compliments m8

Happy fraggin'

God King

Default PS3 available soon!

The pack for the PS3 will be available soon

Take note ;

CTF-UOF2-Fatima isn't included.

Therefore,

DM-DeReZDe, a bonus version as been added

All credits for the PS3 goes to Euchreplayer23, THX a lot m8

The PS3 link will be post asap

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post

DM-DeReZDe, a bonus version as been added

All credits for the PS3 goes to Euchreplayer23, THX a lot m8

The PS3 link will be post asap

It will be include that map in the #2? I will cry out if not shall be included

PD: Ok ok i was excited with mappack yesterday playin again XD

Redeemer

Nice one gentlemen :O) Well worth a trip back to forums, thank you very much. Downloading now!
    This signature would self destruct but your anti-virus has already defused it.. :/
    Proudly part of Team Domination. UT3DOM v5.0 is out now! (Code Improvements + 4 missing maps return.)
    DM-Pentecost - DM-Beesting_SE - DM-Carnage Cathedral SE
    Join AussieUT3 clan today.

God King

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
    It will be include that map in the #2? I will cry out if not shall be included

PD: Ok ok i was excited with mappack yesterday playin again XD
    The DM version in pack 2 is DM-DeReZ.

The Greed version is DeReZDe. Since Fatima is missing, this DM version of DeReZDe as be included for the PS3.

A PC standalone version of DM-DeReZDe is planned in few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by FragTastic View Post
    Nice one gentlemen :O) Well worth a trip back to forums, thank you very much. Downloading now!
    Ha ha

Have fun m8

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Nb_Zaibot View Post
    thx mate,collisions problems with my water?...u missed the jumpad that s it! haha ...sorry to hear that u re annoyed with this +.+
    @fragtastic: thx my friend, long time

Prisoner 849

Excellent job in this one guys thumbs up.
    Intel Quad Core i7 860 2.80-3.20Ghz, Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3, 8GB 1333 DDR3 Zeppelin Ram, Navida GTX 460 1GB, Windows 7 64.

Deinonychus the Raptor

Redeemer

Thumbs up great map pack!

CTF-GRD-UOF2-DeReZDe >> It looks like you're inside a map for a cartoon....ah, Tron, now I see it! This one has good trim, lighting and shadows and it makes for very short CTF matches, so I'll just comment on the Greed gameplay. One crazy layout for Greed but once I figured it out I was fine. It's somewhat tight in spots and flows well with good z-axis and good weapon/item placement. I had no issues with berserk in here but my weapons of choice in here were the flak cannon and rocket launcher.

DM-UOF2-DeReZ >> The atmosphere of the map changed slightly for DM, but it still seems the same fun layout and works for DM/TDM also. Bots are decent and can put up a good fight sometimes.

CTF-GRD-UOF2-NaPaliKeep >> another very short CTF match, so looks like another Greed only map (hence the text file mention); holy crap! Nice place for a match with bright burning sun, nebula, spired crags, fire and waterfalls, but it doesn't look like a very friendly place to live or even respawn. The bamboo, other trees, and great custom music also add a lot to the atmosphere of the map. The gameplay is wide-open jumppad crazy and is fun as long as you're on the winning team; my bot team fell way behind until I figured it out and we eventually won 60-57. It's large with many twists and turns and places to explore and doesn't really remind me of Peak at all (except maybe the castle in the UT3 version). Yes, the jumping could be better in here, but it's still fun. Bots seem a little better in this greed map.

CTF-UOF2-Fatima >> I liked the church ruins, architecture, rocks, water and the abyss; many paths to and from the flag bases with a very active central area with the bots being very good definitely doesn't make the gameplay dull. This also sounds like it could be a great online map as well. You'll also need the megahealth, unless your name is JD.

CTF-UOF2-Legacy >> Inside the bases are lava, crystal and rock tex/meshes that all look great; crystals must be the type that can take this heat. Hehe, another back-to-back flag bases CTF map that works well. The outside area is lush and tropical and the green is a nice contrast to the red/hot inside as said by Wolfy.Brandon. I like the sun coming through the archway bars, skybox, and sneaky armor vest location, but the waterfall and stream don't look quite right. Good flow and general gameplay, but the bots could be better; mine can't defend and to CTF is rather easy. The map seems finished to me with great details.

DM-UOF2-Amytis >> Is it Avatar? Is it Babylon? Is it a PITA? Maybe, but it's definitely not for the timid. As said by another but it also applies to me because I suck at low gravity maps too. I like the choice of colors and ramps with flowing water, islands, waterfalls and foliage. Not sure what's going on with the skybox, but that's one huge mountain or a close planet. I still don't like the slow-field powerup and not my type of gameplay in this map.....too much falling going on (especially by the bots.....ok, me too). For those that like this type of gameplay and the long-range weapons, I bet they will have fun.

DOM-UOF2-Amytis >> same map as above, but not really what I would consider a good candidate for DOM or DDOM and I was right. This one seems to work fine as a DOM map, but not DDOM (but I haven't installed latest UT3Dom either but very, very soon).

WAR-UOF2-OrbitalDrift >> Orbital, orbital, orbital, orbital......ah, drift this time. Definitely a different sort of warfare map in space that is. Atmosphere is as expected and I liked all the space beacons/defense weapons sticking out all over the place. The gameplay is not bad, but it gets really unnerving constantly attacking the center node. Bots are good in this one.

Prisoner 849

Thanx for the reviews M8!
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast