Prisoner 849
    New Jacinto, listening to Prescott pointlessly make speeches.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: aka Spev

Question Gears of War Copyright

Where can I go to recieve permision to post gameplay of Gears of War? I record it myself on my Hauppauge HD PVR, I'm looking to speak to an admin or someone on where I can go to get permision to post Gears of War footage.

I could really use some help! Please respond if you know anything! Thanks!
    Check out my YouTube channel.
    #Execution #Locust #DBNO #Gears
    Seriously 3.0 UNLOCKED 3/8/13
    Gears 1 (1250/1250) Gears 2 (1750/1750) Gears 3 (2000/2000)

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tesco Jeans

I thought you didn't need permission. Microsoft allow their games to be posted on YouTube I think.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Insanity Pirate

The game doesn't belong to microsoft; it belongs to Epic, the original creator. Microsoft allows publishers to put their game on its system only after a complex acceptance process for big-studio game developers.

Epic has their gameplay/artwork "Terms of Use" disclaimer on their website, which is actually very specific about how/what they want you to say in regard to how/what you do with their IP (intellectual propery). It can be found on Epic's main website easily with a few seconds of using google-fu.
    *Slurps His Slushie*
    (Looking for dedicated "Gears of War 1"-only players. If it's the only thing you play and you play often, message me to trade gamer tags.)

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/livetou

I checked out the terms of use link on the bottom of the official Gears of War website. It was discussing terms of use as if you were just creating an xbox live account.

Is this the right link? I'm not looking for anything too complicated here :/ I'm just looking for where it gives permision for people to post videos of Gears on sites like YouTube, that is all I'm looking for.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Insanity Pirate

As I said earlier, Microsoft is completely separate from Epic's individual website. See their "Fan Art" section for more important guidelines toward observing their legal stuff:

http://www.epicgames.com/about/faq/

And for heaven's sake, please do what they tell you; I've already seen like 5 people across the internet get sic'd by Epic's Lawyers (admittedly mostly for bootlegging Epic Merch), but you don't wanna piss 'em off.
    *Slurps His Slushie*
    (Looking for dedicated "Gears of War 1"-only players. If it's the only thing you play and you play often, message me to trade gamer tags.)

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity Pirate View Post
    As I said earlier, Microsoft is completely separate from Epic's individual website. See their "Fan Art" section for more important guidelines toward observing their legal stuff:

http://www.epicgames.com/about/faq/

And for heaven's sake, please do what they tell you; I've already seen like 5 people across the internet get sic'd by Epic's Lawyers (admittedly mostly for bootlegging Epic Merch), but you don't wanna piss 'em off.
    Dude! I'm not going to be in contact with any lawyers lol..I simply do what thousands of other YouTube users do as well, upload Gear of War videos, there's nothing wrong with it & nothing illegal.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zen ll

Quote Originally Posted by Spev624 View Post
    Dude! I'm not going to be in contact with any lawyers lol..I simply do what thousands of other YouTube users do as well, upload Gear of War videos, there's nothing wrong with it & nothing illegal.
    Im having a couple of issues with my gears of war video's now. Did you guys find a way of getting around it or the Copyright link?

Much thanks in advance!
    GT: Zen ll (LL)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Z e n View Post
    Im having a couple of issues with my gears of war video's now. Did you guys find a way of getting around it or the Copyright link?

Much thanks in advance!
    was this ever figured out?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Wavegun

Quote Originally Posted by Z e n View Post

Much thanks in advance!
    Some of my videos were approved(others not). As long as its you're video you should be fine.
    Make sure you're talking (commentary/just speaking in game.)
    Like it says though youtube gives the final ok whether or not it is allowed to be monetized.