View Poll Results: Which prizes will you choose for the art contest?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gears Of War 3 Game w/ Beta Pass plus 3-Month XBL Membership

3 60.00%
  • Gears Of War Series 6 Action Figures, (COG Soldier, Boomer, Skorge and Kantus Priest)

2 40.00%
  • Other (please, leave comment for suggestions)...

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MyFantasiWorld

Arrow GearsOfWarClub Art Contest! *Winners! 04/10/11*

Alright, you guys, the votes are in and now it's time to announce our big winners for this contest! It was a tough one, but hey, it was worth it at the end.

The 3rd place winner of this contest is going to be...........

Texly-D41 (from DA) for her entry "UnKnown Soldier"! She will be receiving a sketched artwork from MyFantasiWorld (yours truly), only based on Gears Of War! Congrats! (I will message you the details.)

The 2nd place winner of this contest is going to be...........

GaryStorkamp (from DA) for his entry "Lambent Berserker - GoW3"! He will be receiving two great concepts from the artistic mallock1327 (from Epic Games Forums), and will receive a Gears Of War NECA Cog Tag Necklace! Or will receive a fully drawn artwork from MyFantasiWorld, only based on Gears Of War! Congrats! (I will message you the details.)

And finally, the 1st place winner of this contest is going to be...........

Wisdom Thumbs for his entry "Brothers to the End"! He will be able to receive a preordered game of Gears Of War 3 that includes a Beta Pass plus a 3-Month XboxLive Gold Membership (You must have internet access to choose this prize)! Or will receive the Gears Of War NECA Series 6 set of 4 Action Figures! Or will receive the Gears Of War NECA Series 4 set of 4 Actions Figures! Or will receive all 3 books of the Gears Of War series plus a preordered book of Gears Of War: Coalition's End! Or will have a choice to pick any individual prize they like based on Gears Of War only as long as it doesn't exceed $60-$70! Congrats! (I will message you the details.)

I would like to congratulate to those who won and for those who participated in the contest, and also thank the judges for helping me out! I hope that in the next contest, more people would be able to participate! Thank you all and again, congrats!

Hi guys, I'm MyFantasiWorld, mostly known as the one who draws lots of cartoony GOW art on DeviantArt.com. I'm the founder of a club made on the DA site, which you can find by clicking on this link here: http://gearsofwarclub.deviantart.com/ , and I've come to announce here that I'm currently creating an art contest for any artist who'd like to participate. Look into the box below for the details.

If you have any questions about it, please, let me know. Also, if you're willing to enter, be sure to drop by a message. I'll be sure to keep this thread updated with participants, contest rules, and a lot of other stuff relating to the contest. In other words, this will be my official art contest thread here on the forums. My GearsOfWarClub on DeviantArt.com will also have the same thing, so it doesn't matter which one you look into.

March 2011 Art Contest from GearsOfWarClub

It's been a while since this club has contributed to making art contests here on this club, huh? Well, wait no more, because it is now going to start, and it's going to be the best one yet!

This art contest is going to be based solely on Gears Of War 3, an upcoming and final installment of the Gears Of War franchise, set to release on September 20, 2011. What this contest expects from you is to give us the most interesting, spectacular, and well-designed artwork that you can come up with! Remember, though, it has to be based on Gears Of War 3 only, and anyone is able to participate, whether it's members or non-members!

If you're interested, be sure to look below for the details!

• CONTEST THEME
      This contest is going to be about Gears Of War 3 only, and all you need to do is draw something that is based entirely on Gears Of War 3. That's it!

• GUIDELINES
      • Be sure your artwork is based on Gears Of War 3.
      • Your submission settings will be changed to allow you to submit in the contest folder, so be sure to submit your entry in the "Contests" folder only.
      • You can submit up to 3 entries only.
      • You have the permission to submit only 1 old artwork you made.
      • This contest only allows entries that are drawings, not fanfictions, icons, signatures, cut-outs from official images/screenshots, etc.
      • Try to be creative and original with your drawing. We will not accept drawings based on existing images from Gears Of War 3.
      • You can draw any character, map/area, weapons that are only mentioned in Gears Of War 3. The multiplayer characters mentioned in the Gears Of War 3 franchise is also acceptable (such as Kim, Ben Carmine, etc.).
      • The entries must be fully completed, we will not accept incomplete or WIP entries.
      • Follow DeviantArt's Rules and Regulations by using Mature Filters, etc.
      • If you fail to follow these guidelines, you will not be allowed to participate, or, if needed, be banned from this group.

• PRIZE LIST
      Currently, these are the prizes you can win, but within time, they will probably change.
      For these prizes, you must be willing to give me your address information in order to obtain these. If you can't, then I'll be sure to work something out for you.

• 3rd Place

If anybody is willing to fill in the "Open Slots", then let me know. =)

• DEADLINE
      The deadline to submit your entries will be on April 9, 2011 at 12:00 a.m. MDT (Mountain Daylight Time). There will be no exceptions for late entries.

PARTICIPANTS & ENTRIES
    If you'd like to enter, I'll be sure to put you down on this list.

acidsyringe69 (from DA): No entries yet...
    biduke (from DA): "gears of war 3-Grenadier Elite"
    BlackCorset (from DA): "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust"
    Braccini (from DA): No entries yet...
    CondemnedReaper: "The Last Defense"
    DD38 (from DA): "run"
    EmmyOhEmmy (from DA) No entries yet...
    Flying-Goldfish (from DA): "Women From War"
    GaryStorkamp (from DA): "Lambent Berserker - GoW3", "Lambent Berserker - GoW3 - Alt"
    j9stewarty (from DA): "Dom Gears of War 3", "Marcus Fenix"
    JennyRomano: "Untitled"
    John945 (from DA): "Silverback vs. Berserker"
    Juchankqueen (from DA): No entries yet...
    Kezzimer (from DA): "Baird-Imminence", "Mataki-Imminence"
    Little-Muffin-Angel (from DA): "Final Victory"
    MadameFenix: No entries yet...
    Noodles16 (from DA): "Contest Entry"
    PeachyPanda7 (from DA): "GEARS OF WAR 3"
    RJetti (from DA): No entries yet...
    SUBZEROCOOL: No entries yet...
    Syko-Angel (from DA): "A City Lost - Gears of War 3"
    TAW Sn4ke108: No entries yet...
    Texly-D41 (from DA): "The Seal Of Sadness", "UnKnown Soldier"
    Tigerlady68 (from DA): "Gears of war contest entry"
    vitzz: "Untitled"
    Walkington : "Gears of war 14", "Gears of war 16"
    xTbradford420x: No entries yet...
    Wisdom Thumbs: "Brothers to the End"
    Zadow (from DA): No entries yet...

If you have any questions or concerns about this contest, please, consult me or the co-founders through the notes or messaging.

Spread the word of this contest, I'm expecting it to be big! Good luck to all, and make me proud!
    Sincerely,
    Stephanie G., aka MyFantasiWorld, aka Founder of the GearsOfWarClub
    Last edited by MyFantasiWorld; 04-10-2011 at 11:58 PM.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SilverBumblebee

Sounds great, I'll check on the one on DeviantArt if that's okay

About the prizes, I don't know but I think they could be simpler you know like COG tags or one of the novels or MS points or something? Sorry I'm not much help
    SilverBumblebee
    Stroud paused for a minute and her voice changed completely. She was another woman for just a moment.
    "You're doing fine, darling. Really fine. I'm proud of you." Anya seemed to hesitate for ages "And you...Major"

'Corporal Baird likes Hospital food, and you'll learn to like it if you check me out one more time, Indie boy' -Sam
    'We're the ones who will make Sera beautiful again. That's a world worth fighting for' -Marcus

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PureFunkayy

ill post some art if you want
    My Youtube

EGFC Member #14

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Reaper0fLegends PSN ID: CondemnedReaper

Count me in.
    \\★// VETERAN GEAR \\★//
    So long Epic, it's been fun. Here's to the future of Gears!

Legend.....wait for it....dary
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Meh PSN ID: Meh

I would kill for that beta pass!

Damn you talentless body!
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

Hope to see a lot of you on the BT Forums! - 11/02/2014 (lol)

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wisdom Thumbs

Awesome, I had been having the same idea! I'm going to try and pre-order Gears of War 3 come Friday, and I decided I would create a simple and quick art contest so I could give the winner the Beta Code provided with that preorder (since I already have Bulletstorm Epic Edition and don't need another code).

So if you want, I could provide you with my beta code come Friday (hopefully I'll be able to preorder Gears 3 then) and you can add it to the treasure chest to use as a prize in the contest?
    I came up with the Bag 'N Tag idea. No really, check the date. (proof)
    Fanboy of Gears since GameInformer's 2005 cover-article
    Speedtest - my internet is slower than yours

"Tommorrow" - short story..................................................Games as Literature: Aspho Fields podcast

Gamer IDs

^FFFFFFFF..........

*Tilts head to the side and smiles*

I shall, I shall do much!
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: K5 stifmeister

Hey ive been in that group for some time now good to see your on the forums too!

I would prefer the figures because first I am a collector or them and secondly msot of the people who are fans are already buying this game so it would render gettthing the game pointless.
    Hello there check out my
    Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/civil238
    Corpser sculpture - http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...2#post29520842
    Amazing Gears cake - http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post29520831
    Please comment and share your thoughts\

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBumblebee View Post
    Sounds great, I'll check on the one on DeviantArt if that's okay

About the prizes, I don't know but I think they could be simpler you know like COG tags or one of the novels or MS points or something? Sorry I'm not much help
    No problem, but I'm going to update this thread right now. I already got the details up on DeviantArt, so if you want to check that out instead, here's the link: http://gearsofwarclub.deviantart.com/blog/38992400/

I know, but being a big gears fan, I really wanted to do something great by giving away cool stuff. It's just how I am. It's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by TAW Sn4ke108 View Post
    ill post some art if you want
    Sure thing, then that means you'll probably want to enter. Well, I'll put you up in the participants list I made. =) Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by CondemnedReaper View Post
    Count me in.
    Alright, I'll be sure to add you in the participants list. Good luck. =)

Quote Originally Posted by SKORGE View Post
    I would kill for that beta pass!

Damn you talentless body!
    Ah well, you might be lucky enough to pass by someone who'll give those away for free. A lot of people are doing that in the Gears Of War 3 section of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Thumbs View Post
    Awesome, I had been having the same idea! I'm going to try and pre-order Gears of War 3 come Friday, and I decided I would create a simple and quick art contest so I could give the winner the Beta Code provided with that preorder (since I already have Bulletstorm Epic Edition and don't need another code).

So if you want, I could provide you with my beta code come Friday (hopefully I'll be able to preorder Gears 3 then) and you can add it to the treasure chest to use as a prize in the contest?
    Ah, I see. =)

Hey, that'll be great! I would appreciate that. Thanks, Thumbs, I'll be sure to credit you for that. I'll probably add it as a prize for the 2nd place section, if that's fine with you. =)

Quote Originally Posted by SKORGE View Post
    ^FFFFFFFF..........

*Tilts head to the side and smiles*

I shall, I shall do much!
    You can always try at least.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniPistolTroika View Post
    Hey ive been in that group for some time now good to see your on the forums too!

I would prefer the figures because first I am a collector or them and secondly msot of the people who are fans are already buying this game so it would render gettthing the game pointless.
    Yeah, I kind of missed this place. Always loved what fans talked about (especially flamers and such, so entertaining).

I know what you mean, but I just wondered how many people would be interested in it. Surprisingly, I've got twice as much votes for the Gears Of War 3 game prize than the figures on DeviantArt.com. However, I'm still going to give the 1st place winner the option to win either one of the prizes I listed in the poll, and possibly some more later. But all in all, I was just curious.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

2nd place prize is cool with me so long as somebody deserving ends up with the codes.

And yes, I was really really tempted to give it to Skorge and now I feel like a sh*thead for not doing so, but I'm just a dumbass sometimes... anyway, perhaps somebody who has no way of ever getting a hold of the beta otherwise ends up getting the code?

It's a worthy prize, anyway. And you need prizes for your artwork contest!

"Tommorrow" - short story..................................................Games as Literature: Aspho Fields podcast

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Updated contest details! Will be updated later... once I get some homework done. Gah!

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SilverBumblebee

Quote Originally Posted by MyFantasiWorld View Post
    No problem, but I'm going to update this thread right now. I already got the details up on DeviantArt, so if you want to check that out instead, here's the link: http://gearsofwarclub.deviantart.com/blog/38992400/

I know, but being a big gears fan, I really wanted to do something great by giving away cool stuff. It's just how I am. It's okay.

...You know I hate my DA name Anyway that's awesome I'll go check it out now.

And hey no worries it's all awesome
    SilverBumblebee
    Stroud paused for a minute and her voice changed completely. She was another woman for just a moment.
    "You're doing fine, darling. Really fine. I'm proud of you." Anya seemed to hesitate for ages "And you...Major"

'Corporal Baird likes Hospital food, and you'll learn to like it if you check me out one more time, Indie boy' -Sam
    'We're the ones who will make Sera beautiful again. That's a world worth fighting for' -Marcus

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cog Killer 1327

Good luck with the contest, the members on here are very talented, you should get some great entries.
    If there is anything I can do to help let me know (drawings for prizes etc...)
    Last edited by mallock1327; 03-10-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: K5 stifmeister

I know what you mean, but I just wondered how many people would be interested in it. Surprisingly, I've got twice as much votes for the Gears Of War 3 game prize than the figures on DeviantArt.com. However, I'm still going to give the 1st place winner the option to win either one of the prizes I listed in the poll, and possibly some more later. But all in all, I was just curious.
    thats just amazing dude! thx for giving us this opertunity
    Hello there check out my
    Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/civil238
    Corpser sculpture - http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...2#post29520842
    Amazing Gears cake - http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post29520831
    Please comment and share your thoughts\

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

2nd place prize is cool with me so long as somebody deserving ends up with the codes.

And yes, I was really really tempted to give it to Skorge and now I feel like a sh*thead for not doing so, but I'm just a dumbass sometimes... anyway, perhaps somebody who has no way of ever getting a hold of the beta otherwise ends up getting the code?

It's a worthy prize, anyway. And you need prizes for your artwork contest!
    Oh definitely. We got some great artists here and on DA, so there's no way a prize like this will go to someone who doesn't deserve it.

Lol, I was going to ask you about that. Ah well, if the 2nd winner can't use the code because of lack of internet access, lack of gold membership, or doesn't need it because they already have one, you could probably give it to Skorge.

Of course, thanks again. I'll reserve a slot for you on the 2nd place section.

Quote Originally Posted by mallock1327 View Post
    Good luck with the contest, the members on here are very talented, you should get some great entries.
    If there is anything I can do to help let me know (drawings for prizes etc...)
    Oh definitely, and in all honesty, I think you are the top ones that have the talent, aside from Crotale! I really do like your work, I always wished I had that type of style like yours. Other than that, yes, there are definitely some great artists here, even on DA. =)

Hey, that would be great! You can have the choice of being either a judge for the contest, or one of the 1st or 2nd place prize giver, or even both. I would love to have you support this contest of mine, and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniPistolTroika View Post
    thats just amazing dude! thx for giving us this opertunity
    Hey man, I try to stay true to my duty of being a gears fan.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: irishdudewill

I'll be happy to be a judge, that is, if you are still looking for one.
    Bacon, it's what's for dinner!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Updated with some new prize selections and a new participant. Ask away if you have any questions.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Crotale View Post
    I'll be happy to be a judge, that is, if you are still looking for one.
    Oh yes, that'll be great! Thanks for the assist, I'll put you up in the judge section right away. =)

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cog Killer 1327

You can use these two drawings for the contest, they are just original concepts but it's Gears related so....

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

MSgt. Shooter Person

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: arukun14

Good luck to everyone. Hopefully I can help or contribute something.
    arukun14
    I like art. Visit my art thread here on the forums.
    My Websites and Social Networks: arukun14.com | Tumblr | deviantART | CGHUB | Google+ Follow me on Twitter: @arukun14

I am a Team Epic Gamer. http://epic.gm/teamepicgamers | EpicGamers Group on deviantART

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by mallock1327 View Post
    You can use these two drawings for the contest, they are just original concepts but it's Gears related so....

Hey these would be great as prizes! Thanks! =)

However, I'm having a hard time putting these as either 1st place prizes or the 2nd. These are just too good!

Well, thanks again for the support! Keep on drawing your badass stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by arukun14 View Post
    Good luck to everyone. Hopefully I can help or contribute something.
    Oh, definitely! I've love your artwork, and I hope that it won't be a problem if you can fill in the 3rd place prize slots. Or if not, you can always judge. =)

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Updated new prizes and contestants. Got any questions? Lay it out for me.

How and where do I enter here us my work

http://walkington.deviantart.com/?ta...99978&offset=0

Don't know which 3 to submit any suggestions? I have a gallery on that link dedicated to some gears of war 3 designs

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by walkington View Post
    How and where do I enter here us my work

http://walkington.deviantart.com/?ta...99978&offset=0

Don't know which 3 to submit any suggestions? I have a gallery on that link dedicated to some gears of war 3 designs
    Either put a link in a comment on this thread or (on DA) submit it in the contest folder within the gallery.

That is for you to decide, but make sure it follows the guidelines that are listed for the contest. Hope to see your entries soon. =)

Good luck.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Updated a new guideline and contestant list. Have any questions? Consult me here or on DA.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: arukun14

Oh, definitely! I've love your artwork, and I hope that it won't be a problem if you can fill in the 3rd place prize slots. Or if not, you can always judge. =)
    I guess I can lend a hand in judging for now... I'll see.
    arukun14
    I like art. Visit my art thread here on the forums.
    My Websites and Social Networks: arukun14.com | Tumblr | deviantART | CGHUB | Google+ Follow me on Twitter: @arukun14

I am a Team Epic Gamer. http://epic.gm/teamepicgamers | EpicGamers Group on deviantART

THREE IMAGES I SUBMIT FOR COMPETITION
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Wallpaper of one of my designs if you want it

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll V i T Z ll

I'd like to enter
    ✝R.I.P. Gearheads✝
    twitter
    [<Ľ>]

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ozwalt25

Is it just drawing or can I use 3d animation?
    Quote Originally Posted by vitzzz View Post
    GoW3 is perfect, everything's balanced, plz don't change a thing. xoxo
    Stranger Danger.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xTbradford420x

Count me in Please

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Okay, so after pre-ordering Gears of War 3's Epic Edition at Gamestop, I'm sad and a little pissed to report that they refused to give me a Beta code, so that's one less prize for the art contest.

Sorry Fantasi.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by arukun14 View Post
    I guess I can lend a hand in judging for now... I'll see.
    Alright then, I'll put you up on the list. Thanks for helping out! =)

Quote Originally Posted by walkington View Post
    THREE IMAGES I SUBMIT FOR COMPETITION
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Wallpaper of one of my designs if you want it
    I'm not so sure if these are acceptable, because did you make this all by yourself or did you cut-out images and create this?

Quote Originally Posted by vitzzz View Post
    I'd like to enter
    Alright then, I'll be sure to put you up in the list. Good luck. =)

Quote Originally Posted by ozwalt View Post
    Is it just drawing or can I use 3d animation?
    Just drawing, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by xTbradford420x View Post
    Count me in Please
    Alright, I'll be sure to put you up in the list. Thanks for participating and good luck. =)

Okay, so after pre-ordering Gears of War 3's Epic Edition at Gamestop, I'm sad and a little pissed to report that they refused to give me a Beta code, so that's one less prize for the art contest.

Sorry Fantasi.
    Seriously? Well that sucks, but that's okay. I'm thinking of arranging some of the prizes later. But thanks for the offer. =)

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Alright, you guys, I updated the guidelines list, prizes list, and participants list. Be sure to see what entries we got so far!

Have any questions? Let me know, because the contest is going to end soon!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Reaper0fLegends PSN ID: CondemnedReaper
    \\★// VETERAN GEAR \\★//
    So long Epic, it's been fun. Here's to the future of Gears!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

I'm gonna try and draw an entry over the next four days.

Gamer IDs

I'm gonna try and draw an entry over the next four days.
    What is it gonna' be?

A Gear, a Locust? A fire fight? A portrait of me in a snuggie?

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Well I don't wanna spoil it...

...Besides, I might change my mind at the last minute.

Gamer IDs

No...

You will not spoil it, for you will draw right this minute!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Sadly, I'm gonna be gone for the rest of the day once I finish eating my pizza in about an hour.

Which will be 3:30 PM, and I'll be back by 9:00 PM, so yeah. I'll probably start work on it in seven hours.

Gamer IDs

...Awe man...

Oh the hell am I going to pester until then? I'll see ya' around 'slice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast