Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DrFace007

Default Echoes Max Score Strategies

Adrian Chmielarz is pretty awesome. PCF are real swift in cleaning the leaderboards. It has inspired me to change this thread into a Max Score Strat thread. I will go through one echoes mission at a time. Right now I am on desert. I will frequently update this thread with the latest info.

NOTE: These strats are not officially max (if a future update or a new idea causes change to the variables, then a higher score might be possible).

Some Cool Stuff:
    Tallin Combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LuNH1AgZsE
    rattle's x7 xray: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rFQMMnu584

Stuff To Know

1. Multipliers
    There are some skillshots that give you a multiplier if you kill multiple enemies at the same time with it. A good example is X-Ray. If you kill 2 enemies with 1 charged PMC shot, you get the X-Ray skillshot.

The X-Ray skillshot gives you +500 points for first use on an echo. Any time after that it will give you only +100.

So if there are 7 enemies running at you in a line, and you have already used an X-Ray skillshot on the echo, if get them all with 1 charged PMC shot, you would think you would get +700 points (+100 for each).

But since this is a skillshot that gives you multiplier, you will actually get an x7 multiplier for each enemy! Meaning x7 the normal points of +100 for +700 for each enemy. 7 enemies times +700 = +4900!

(note, if one of these 7 enemies was your first x-ray of the echo, then that one enemy will give you +500 and the other 6 will still give you +700, meaning the first time use of a skillshot does not get multipliers applied to it)

2. Time Bonus
    Each echo has a "Target Time". For each second you finish under the target time, you get a +20 points score bonus added to your final score.

3. Sections / Barriers
    Each echo is split into sections. These sections have barriers. You must kill a certain number of enemies in each section before you can advance to the next one. If you meet the game's requirement of enemies killed in a section, you may advance to the next section, and any remaining alive enemies from the previous section shall auto-die once it tries to follow you into the section it is not meant to be in.

There is a barrier between sections that, if crossed without meeting enemy kill requirement for the section, the game will kill you.
    Leaderboards as of 2011-05-10
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    (click image to see larger view)
    The Desert
    (Current #1: UnholyMalachi - 15,715)
    Target Time: 4:00
    Weapons Available: PMC
    Nom Nom Bottles: 0
    Strat:
    The first section has 6 enemies. Go into the middle of the 4 humanoids (skulls), thump them into the air, pull a barrel from outside right underneath them. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO6HiH06WRU) They should all land for x6 Fertilizier --> +3,500
    (another lower percentage strat is to leash in the 3 additional guys past the barrels and attempt an x9 Fertilizer!)
    (most of the times, this x6 Fertilizier attempt will result in +10 or flyswatters, if that happens, restart. If None of them get +10'd or flyswatted, but if you only get x3 Fertilizier or less, restart. If you get x4 Fertilizier, continue. Kill leftover enemies with Pricked / Voodoo Doll).

The next section has 8 enemies. Leash all 8 enemies to where the 4 enemies are grouped under the explosive barrels. Thump them and shoot the barrel to get an x8 Fertilizer --> +6,400
    (Kill leftover enemies with Voodoo Doll (there is a spot under the right barrel latch here) or pricked / mercy / any +250 or more skillshot combo)

The doors to the next section will open. Use the dropkit to recharge everything and go into the next section. There are 8 enemies here, gather them all under the tallest barrel area, and thump them. Shoot the barrel to get another x8 Fertilizer --> +6,400
    (there are two red barrels on either side of this area, try to leave the red barrel on the left when you enter as is.)

A lone enemy will drop the ledge to the stairs that leads to the next section. Shoot him with 1 bullet to trigger him to run upstairs. When he comes to a stop, do Mercy + Overkill + Boned --> +875

Run over the bridge onto the other side. Bring that barrel that you saved onto this side of the wall. This can be done many ways. You may leash it while on top of the bridge and angle it so that it lands on the opposite side. You can also go to the other side, thump the ground, and leash the airborne barrel from the other side of the wall onto your side. Leash that barrel closer to where the enemies spawn. Bring all 4 enemies around the barrel, thump and get x4 Fertilizer --> +1,600

Total score: 3500 + 6400 + 6400 + 875 + 1600 = 18,775

DrFace007 - 12,890: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_1bM3JzYas
    Rattlecat23 - 12,140: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g6DNtvhg6I
    The Hideout
    By: LRGxResolutiion

section 1:
    x5 xray = +2500
    parashoot + vertigo = +500

section 2:
    x7 xray = +4900
    flak + environmental combos = +4000

section 3:
    x3 xray = +900

section 4:
    skyjack + gag = +750
    x5 skyjack + gag = +750

section 5:
    first in last out green guy, mercy human = +1000

section 6:
    x4 xray = +1600

section 7:
    x4 xray = +1600
    x4 xray = +1600
    skyjack + gag = +150 (maybe filo)

section 8:
    pancake = +250
    shocker = +500
    x2 flyswatter = +450

total = 21,450

Rattlecat23 - 15,980: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qaeMw8gJJ4
    DrFace007 - 15,170: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eyKasBvRY4
    The Marina
    DrFace007 - 12,935: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW5VIQxGw6g
    PanchoTheDog - 12,560: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1DecLg6W0A
    Collapsed Building
    By: unholymalachi

you can get well over 30 thousand on this level.
    1st guy - sadist/misfire/vertigo/enlightenment out the window off to the left
    2nd guy- afterburner/smartmine
    3rd guy- sadist/ding dong
    4th guy- bullet slide/ overkill/boned
    5th guy- toxic love/ antidote/shocker/sadist
    6th and 7th guy homie missile/gangbang/grenade gag.
    8th guy- leash towards you for snapshot/headshot
    9th guy (turret dude)- head slicer if you're lucky/ usually meat slicer
    10th guy-trip wire/fastdraw/surgeon/gunslinger
    first wave of elevator- always go for french revs if you can hit all 6. But yea do what you did. If you have a straggler you can leash him towards you and head slicer him on the glass panel.
    At dropkit
    switch flailgun to headhunter
    Next 4 dudes- Thump, flare ground charged headhunter for prematures/intoxs/bluffs/afterburners/firefighters/shrapnells. if somebody is away from the group shoot them with a flare then charged headhunter the rest of the cluster for first in last out x
    3 plus all the other goodies
    Next guy- Mercy/nutcracker/Hotshot
    Next shotgun guy- Voodoo doll
    Now here's where your run falls apart or works and you get shiztons of points
    Run up and spawn the two extra green dudes. you will hear them scream when you're far enough. If you keep going the game will kill you. Then do your best to cluster all the guys in the open area, Thump when grouped shoot ground with flare, and you have the possibility of a x7 shrapnell here.
    Now getting even more lame because that's what bulletstorm is for high scores, You just want as big a multiplier as possible as as many enemies as possible.
    Go forward and don't kill anybody, let them melee you once so they get stuck to you, go all the way and spawn the 4 green guys at the end, now you can go for a x9 xray or a super shrapnell here.

Sniffes - 24,180: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k2U1likQUk
    The Storm
    Jumpship
    420dloks - 15,605: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3lp1lTdJRM
    Waterways
    The Subtle Arts - 27,720: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-TfzuZVGRM
    The Power Plant
    Promenade
    Adi-Insane - 19,680: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKAW_8BOrpo
    Collapsed Building 2
    Adi-Insane - 16,350: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZSZNTjU7a0
    Lobby
    By: Tallim

Weapons: HeadHunter Boneduster

Run down to the lower level and do 7X Fertilizer/AcidRain - 7050

Run back up to the top level where the three enemies come through the doors. Shoot the trashcan on the back wall to set them all on fire (There should be an awesome shot here but trashcan fires apparently don't give firefighter :/ ) Setting them on fire lets you set up for the shot without getting annoying Friendly Fire.

Leash one enemy to where you are then immediately leash another and perform 2X Shrapnel/Bluff/Premature/Filo - 1750 (They should be not on fire by this point which is the idea)

The remaining enemy Torpedo/Juggler/Piledriver - 1250

Total so far : 10050

Run back down to the lower level, if you were quick on those last 3 just leash the trashcan in the corner over to you so it is in the walkway beside the circle of desks in the middle and thump. (If you weren't very quick you need to do some setting up to make sure all enemies are in range, I'll leave that up to you)

6X Fertilizer/AcidRain - 5400

Leash one of the shotgunners to you, Torpedo(50)/Pumpaction/Topless/Vertigo - 675

The other shotgunner EarlyRetirement/Shocker - 1000

The remaining enemy Hotshot/Mercy/Nutcracker - 1250

Run back to the dropkit.

Total so far: 18375

Swap the Head Hunter for the Flailgun and run back down to the elevator and hit the button.

As soon as you get the shot fire a charged Boneduster shot through the glass to destroy the powerpack and backpack on the bosses +200
    Thump and leash both helmets off (one of them occaisionally glitches and doesn't get stunned just fire a point blank shotgun shell at his chest and it should remove his helmet, CHEST not head or you'll kill him)
    Leash the trashcan from the right and kick it into the lift. Which should set both on fire, switch to Flailgun, the Bouncer boss should drop into the hunched over posed. Flail either of them. Then before they go out (which means you need to be fast as if the Drill boss loses the fire then he no longer counts as stunned):

Bossed/Xray/Overkill/Boned/Afterburner/Sadist (First boss) : Bossed(250)/Xray(500)/Afterburner(100) (Second Boss) : 4100

Total: 22675 with a possible time bonus of 2000-2500 as you can do this very fast.

Tallim - 20,930 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UlJ5On33DI
    Gang Territory
    Guns of Stygia
    PanchoTheDog - 22,240: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOG_ssKGLT0
    Crash Site

I will look around youtube and post the highest score vids that I find on each map.
    Last edited by DrFace007; 05-23-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Placeholder post
    Last edited by DrFace007; 04-07-2011 at 11:23 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Subtle Arts

Loved the Desert run. Would love to see the Hideout run aswell because the max I have on that is 11660 (58th). Well played dude!

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

new score: Hideout - 13,390
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gIZFg65LIc

subtle arts, sent u friend request

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Cheers dude, beating all my scores so far!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Right. Using your method on Hideout and adding my own together I got this

Screeny

I don't have a capture device yet but I'm keeping my eyes peeled on that. What I did differently is after kicking the first of the barricades run around and I managed to hit a x6 Xray multiplyer. On the skycopter section I do exactly as you but if you spend the time to aim and get Gag Reflex & Skyjacker together on one of them you'll find yourself a bit better off! How you managed to get First in last out on the end skycopter I will never know!

Also at the start I missed 1 of 3 guys for the xray, which I don't normally miss but did so there is always room for improvment!

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Subtle Arts View Post
    Right. Using your method on Hideout and adding my own together I got this

Screeny

I don't have a capture device yet but I'm keeping my eyes peeled on that. What I did differently is after kicking the first of the barricades run around and I managed to hit a x6 Xray multiplyer. On the skycopter section I do exactly as you but if you spend the time to aim and get Gag Reflex & Skyjacker together on one of them you'll find yourself a bit better off! How you managed to get First in last out on the end skycopter I will never know!

Also at the start I missed 1 of 3 guys for the xray, which I don't normally miss but did so there is always room for improvment!
    x6!!! man i have been trying that for so long and the best I can do is x5. how do you move around in the room to make them lineup for a x6!!??

and i didn't know you could do a skyjacker with these copters. it seems they move around so fast and i end up blowing up the copter. i will have to give that a try.

i updated the original thread to make it sort of a mini-leaderboard with only legit scores. i will be making vid for all future high scores. we can post a link to our highest score vid or picture of final screen and i will post that next to the score.

on club i was trying some stuff out, i will make a vid of a higher score of what i have right now for club and link that in.

lol @ first in last out. yeah there was one last thumped guy still falling, i leashed out the copter guy for a +10 and then shot the last thumped guy to death while i was falling for the first in last out.

i am thinking of x2 x-ray on the 2 guys before the switch for the moving wall, and then i have no idea what to do about the guys before the final copter. i just improvise on that part.

i still can't believe u pulled off a x6!!! i can consistenly do x3 there, sometimes x4, a very rare x5, but never x6. if i pulled off an x6, i would probably freak out and end up messing up the rest of the run. haha.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Ha for the x6 you just run straight into the room and run a full circle, clockwise, around the middle wall as fast as and make it outside again most guys including the 4 you run past will get caught up with the guys inside at the exit and then it's just down to making sure you hit as many as poss!

I forgot to mention I did the XRay on the two guys at the part with the moving wall. that also reminds me for some reason no matter how well lined up the turret gunner and two guys at the top of the slope never get xrayed all at once!? No idea why that is.

This could be a very time consuming thread haha.

Boomshot
    The Savage Locust threw me in a prison for treason... I am now a Savage Prisoner.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Savage Prisoner

Quote Originally Posted by The Subtle Arts View Post
    Ha for the x6 you just run straight into the room and run a full circle, clockwise, around the middle wall as fast as and make it outside again most guys including the 4 you run past will get caught up with the guys inside at the exit and then it's just down to making sure you hit as many as poss!

I forgot to mention I did the XRay on the two guys at the part with the moving wall. that also reminds me for some reason no matter how well lined up the turret gunner and two guys at the top of the slope never get xrayed all at once!? No idea why that is.

This could be a very time consuming thread haha.
    this is drface. haha nice, i will give that strat a try for the x6 xray. i will be happy if i can manage a x5! i will flyswat the other 2 or something.

ya those 3 guys by the turret, they are crookedly lined up usually. sometimes they are perfectly lined up and it gives u x3 there. its not often. i am thinkin of leashing the third guy to make him lineup before attempting the xray.

also somehow at the part with the flak gyrocopter, i can sometiems get first in last out using that method.

this thread is indeed going to be very time consuming. i wish the leaderboards for global would show you the top 100, etc. that way we can get more people involved. but they only show top 10, so no way of knowing who all is on the top scores since most of the top 10 is hacked.

The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

They need to impliment an online leaderboard like every other game/site has.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DrFace007 View Post
    I like how you're too stupid to go for headshots for extra points. GG

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MerSynd View Post
    Ya I like that too. It's feels pretty awesome getting high scores without headshots.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

i updated the original post with some more echoes. I will probably play some of the other missions without recording just to get on the scoreboards.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Killer Shotgun2

Rooftop and maine youtube video would help me greatly
    \\*//

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RAAM 27 View Post
    Rooftop and maine youtube video would help me greatly
    here is a 17k for rooftops:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfmTwjKeUjo

Gang Territory 20,415 legit.
    Third on the board but the guy on first is an obvious hacker, so I consider myself second :P

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Qestroy View Post
    Gang Territory 20,415 legit.
    Third on the board but the guy on first is an obvious hacker, so I consider myself second :P
    I'd even put money down your actually first dude, By the time I was overall 3rd that guy in 2nd came out of no where, and where as his overall score is somewhat believable, some of his individual ones are not.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

at my bro's. 15,280 on hideout. doesnt have capture device but i took pic of final screen, will post that when i get home.

heres how it went:

missed x3 xray at start so environmentaled the 3rd guy. mercy + overkill 4th guy. bulletslide + headshot 5th guy. parashoot + vertigo copter.

donwstairs i got x5!

i tried to flyswat the other 2, but only one of them got flyswatted. which ended up working to my advantage because score would have been less. bullet kicked remaining guy. standard thump + flak combo at next part. before reaching the dropshop, i had about 7,700 - 7,800 or so.

x3 xray upstairs. they weren't lined up, but in order to get them lined up, set ur line on the farthest two guys, which are almost always lined up. the guy closest to you is usually to the left of the line, go close to him he will melee you and get in your line in the process!

standard parashoot + vertigo for all copters except one (also, i think i failed on one of them and gave me only +10), on which i got gag reflex + skyjacker! thanks the subtle arts.

i waited a good 7+ seconds for the next two guys to line up, but they just wouldnt so i settled for a couple of bulletslide + headshots.

overkill + x2 xray the 2 guys on the left. trip wire the guy that runs up the ramp away from you. grafitti the remaining guy on the moving wall.

on this final part, i got lucky. all of them got flyswat comboed except for one ,which i go trap shooting. the final copter guy i was able to leash and headshot.

standard finish. 1 pancake. 1 shocker. x2 flyswat.
    Last edited by DrFace007; 03-06-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Killer Shotgun2

Thanks for the youtube videos helped me with 3 stars
    \\*//

VileKill

Quote Originally Posted by MerSynd View Post
    Wow, did you have a bad day, or are you just a complete douche? Rhetorical question, obviously.

Keep it up, DrFace.

Default Desert: 11,320 pts

11,320 skill points, good for 32nd on the global board as of 9:34pm EST on 3.7.2011. i'll take it.

love this game.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

they fixed the leaderboards. i will be updating stuff soon.

VileKill

they fixed the leaderboards. i will be updating stuff soon.
    Hey, good news.

I guess us PC gamers will have to continue waiting for our leaderboards to get 'cleansed' too, but as we all know, the PC version was never high up on any list of priorities.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

changed the thread. updated original post. i am looking forward to playing more echoes.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Electissimus

Sweet thread fellas, hope to update with some videos soon. I have a 10k run of Desert up but its not my best. www.youtube.com/dwalklp89

Electissimus is my GT, was in the top 10 for the demo for awhile and in overall score in the full game. Haven't played in a bit though.
    Last edited by Dwalklp89; 03-09-2011 at 10:23 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xTuzkyx

Good job, bro. Unfortunately I only play GOW2 now, I just got bored of BS, but I will play it sometime in the near future...

In The Desert (Theoretical), you can get more than 20,025sp, you missed First In Last Out: 500/100. You easily can get it with the first two Berserkers...

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Guman View Post
    Good job, bro. Unfortunately I only play GOW2 now, I just got bored of BS, but I will play it sometime in the near future...

In The Desert (Theoretical), you can get more than 20,025sp, you missed First In Last Out: 500/100. You easily can get it with the first two Berserkers...
    on the first two green guys? but you can just use them for voodoo doll and prick, which both give you 500 each?

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WaldoRtk7

Good ideas but there is a motto I follow, think of the most insane thing you can do and try it But that's just me on the top 10 of 12/20 echoes
    The Sons of Sera:
    The Ruins of D'lanor
    [ My Fan Fic ]

"People Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Their Governments,
    Governments Should Fear Their People!"

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xTuzkyx

on the first two green guys? but you can just use them for voodoo doll and prick, which both give you 500 each?
    Kick first berserker to the cactus and rapidly kick the second and kill him when you get Pricked.

Watch this
    You got enough time to kill him without charged shot.

You can do this with the last two guys in the first section. Mercy x2, Overkill x2, X-Ray x2. 1,600 for New X-Ray; 1,100sp for no new bonus.
    Last edited by Guman; 03-11-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Guman View Post
    Kick first berserker to the cactus and rapidly kick the second and kill him when you get Pricked.

Watch this
    You got enough time to kill him without charged shot.

You can do this with the last two guys in the first section. Mercy x2, Overkill x2, X-Ray x2. 1,600 for New X-Ray; 1,100sp for no new bonus.
    Lol, wow. U have a genius mind for these skillshot combos. I will update the strat when I get home. U have got to start playing echoes again.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

updated original thread. got 2 new scores:

desert - 12,890 (#3) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_1bM3JzYas
    hideout - 15,170 (#9) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eyKasBvRY4

Boomshot
    The Savage Locust threw me in a prison for treason... I am now a Savage Prisoner.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Savage Prisoner

Ay bro, it was easier done than said

Desert - 13,810 - Result Picture

The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.

Banned

My run on collapsed building. It started so well, 12k after the train. Then a series of complete fails meant I could only get 20K . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKdykj_I7s

Aweseome. Added them to http://bulletscores.com

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

How gutted am I? From Rank 223rd (18700) on The Mall to 6th (25055). I didn't even take a photo of the end results. I can recreate it however, hopefully should have some form of capture device soon!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GhostofDelta2

May I link to this in my stickied thread for everything Bulletstorm?

It seems these forums are pretty dead, but it does help to have everything organised in the sections people care about.

Regardless whether you say yes or no, thank you for this thread and please continue the great work.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by synidebass View Post
    Aweseome. Added them to http://bulletscores.com
    Is this page yours? Because there's a mistake, I play on PS3 so fix it plz

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostofdelta2 View Post
    May I link to this in my stickied thread for everything Bulletstorm?

It seems these forums are pretty dead, but it does help to have everything organised in the sections people care about.

Regardless whether you say yes or no, thank you for this thread and please continue the great work.
    yeah, go right ahead. feel free to use anything in this thread for anything.

@bulletscores: i will be posting the leaderboard screenshots for each echo mission shortly. feel free to use that as well.

everything i post is "open source"

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Here are the leaderboards from 2011-03-13. I will try to update this every week and also update the original post with the latest version, so this post will function as an archive in the future:

Quote Originally Posted by Adi-INSANE View Post
    Is this page yours? Because there's a mistake, I play on PS3 so fix it plz
    Whoops, fixed! Do you have anymore leaderboard vids? Even if they aren't top 1 would love to show other people how to get high up on alternate levels.

yeah, go right ahead. feel free to use anything in this thread for anything.

@bulletscores: i will be posting the leaderboard screenshots for each echo mission shortly. feel free to use that as well.

everything i post is "open source"
    Awesome, will look into implementing a leaderboard system on the site. Any PS3 or PC peeps out there interested in posting up shots of leaderboards once a week?

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast