View Poll Results: Will there be a Bulletstorm 2?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

66 65.35%
  • Mayby

26 25.74%
  • NO!!!

9 8.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulletstorm 2?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BEASTpoint2

Thumbs up Bulletstorm 2?

In my opinion there will be a number 2.
    What do you think??!?
    Last edited by weaponsmaster3; 02-28-2011 at 03:36 PM.
    Rank - 83
    C.O.G. - Victor Hoffman | Classic Marcus
    Locust - Sniper | Drone
    Load-out - Blood Lancer | TM Gnasher

Awesome Weapon Skin Designs by o RalstinatoR o

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: boltokPwnage

If there's no competitive MP I won't be purchasing another Bulletstorm. It just doesn't have the replayability I want.

People can make up whatever excuse about why it doesn't have competitive MP, but the bottom-line is Bulletstorm doesn't have it because they did not want to invest the resources it would take to come up with creative ideas, design and test competitive MP to make it work.
    alpha

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I DID NOT ask if you would buy it... I asked if you thought there was gonna' be one.
    Rank - 83
    Locust - Sniper | Drone

Banned

I hope there is in couple years time.

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by boltokPwnage View Post
    If there's no competitive MP I won't be purchasing another Bulletstorm. It just doesn't have the replayability I want.

People can make up whatever excuse about why it doesn't have competitive MP, but the bottom-line is Bulletstorm doesn't have it because they did not want to invest the resources it would take to come up with creative ideas, design and test competitive MP to make it work.
    Listen to this man.
    Netherlands

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Deaddude56

There has to be! I need to know what happens with Serrano, and how Ishi looks now! Now that Grayson is more of a hero, I want to see more of him.
    Last edited by Deadude56; 02-28-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: I can't spell goodly.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The way the game ended, a sequel has to be made.

MSgt. Shooter Person

hmm maybe but if they want to make another game they got to fix the F-N multiplayer matchmaking

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: F3N1X

I'm not expecting anything for a year or 2 from now, but there'll definetly be a BS2.

I had to say maybe, as I have no idea if the game was a one shot deal or not.
    Would like there to be another game, as it is a really fun concept.
    And I am not even a fan of the fps genre. lol

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Well i agree with Deadude56. sequel hear i come!!!!!!!
    Rank - 83
    Locust - Sniper | Drone

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mullet Death

The game certainly sets itself up for a sequel, but then again pretty much every big blockbuster game on the market does that too. So I'm going to have to go with maybe.

Personally I would like to see another one someday, and I honestly don't care if it has versus multiplayer either.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eye of Woden

After watching the end credits, I believe there will be.
    Yes, i'll be purchasing it.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: C0G Sniper

I'm not sure... mayby
    YouTube
    Twitter
    The Super Duper Secret Exclusive Mechanic Baird club
    Need help with the forum or Gears? Just ask. I'd be happy to help.
    "Ohhh... bacon."

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: T00BSAWK

Everything Epic does it turns into a trilogy, so I'm expecting Bulletstorm to be a trilogy.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EliteXDeath

I bet when Bulletstorm 2 ships with a competitive MP people are going to say its an unnecessary tack on and it should have stayed invested those resources into a more polished single player/co-op experience.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by T00BSAWK View Post
    Everything Epic does it turns into a trilogy, so I'm expecting Bulletstorm to be a trilogy.
    The only trilogy from Epic so far is GoW. UT4 is almost guaranteed once they announce UE4.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Smile

Yes i think they will but if there going to change it up a bit for BS 2 they got to add some real type of competitive MP. THis would make the game even more homicidal, plus you can add in the anarchy as well but it does need some tweaking in matchmaking.

PSN:TMAZT3R (if you like to)

Last thing if you want to add me i have a mic

God King

How can you ask?

ABSOLUTELY! This game is just too awesome and Unreal II and UT3 flopped too, still Epic said it is about time to return to the Unreal games.
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

Deathless

I bet most of the people that voted tought the question was: "Do you want a Bulletstorm 2?", but it isn't.

I would love if Epic made a Bulletstorm 2, but they won't.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Subtle Arts

Quote Originally Posted by KenOfNZ View Post
    I bet when Bulletstorm 2 ships with a competitive MP people are going to say its an unnecessary tack on and it should have stayed invested those resources into a more polished single player/co-op experience.
    This.

To the cry babies that say **** like "if there's no competitive multiplayer, I'm not buying it" need to look at their own game collections and sort out the irony in their statements, or go back to playing Call of Duty.

Iron Guard

Call of duty? Pfff... It's not the only multiplayer based FPS. First example - Painkiller. It have great MP(it was even e-sport position) but sadly it was forgotten by players. More popular example Quake Live and Team Fortress2.

You must be very narrow minded to think that CoD is main competitive mp Shooter. I think most of people expected from bulletstorm to have more Quake like MP than CoD.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sheldon Cooper

No it didn't turn the profit epic wanted.

You won't make a game you won't make money from. Let alone convince a publisher to release it for you.
    I suppose you want me to say I love you... but I don't I really really don't.
    "My Right is brilliant its like 1080P my left eye is horrible its like 240.." Bushido
    "I say we take off a nuke the booster threads from orbit... Its the only way to be sure." Ripley

Get Curried.

Deathless

Bulletstorm came out even better than what I tought it was gonna be, and I tought it was gonna be awesome.

Bulletstorm is a good game, just not recognized.

God King

Yep GPing... People just don't pay it the attention it deserves. They think the skillshot system is everything that's in the game and that it's a series of stupid DM-like maps lined up without any story and they don't even consider to buy it because they don't get their "precious DM multiplayer". Seriously, this attitude makes me sick... How can they even judge about a game they haven't really played yet? Reviews of people they don't even know that have their own opinion which doesn't apply to everybody? Seriously, some gamers should think about what they are doing, it's a shame we probably won't see a sequel to this masterpiece.
    I payed it the attention it deserved, I still play it and enjoy it, and I think I'll restart the story mode this weekend once again. It was funny, honestly, I've not seen such a funny and violent game (which even had a real story! I didn't expect that but expected a story a'la UT3!) since at least... well, I have never seen this combination at all! And I think this combination is truly awesome!
    Apart from that, the few similarities to the first Unreal in its story and landscape designs (and a few sounds that sounded a lot alike) just blasted me away into a wave of nostalgia.

People Can Fly and Epic Games can pat on their backs and they should be proud of giving the playerbase, who appreciates this, such a brilliant game.

Therefore, I must thank the developers for this truly awesome game:
    Thank you PCF, thank you Epic Games!

This game will always stand in the shelve of games I really like next to my monitor, like Unreal, Unreal RTNP, Unreal2, UT, UT2003 and 2004, my Unreal Anthology and UT3.
    Last edited by Sly.; 09-07-2011 at 06:09 PM.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pantallid3th

Quote Originally Posted by Redfeather75 View Post
    I had to say maybe, as I have no idea if the game was a one shot deal or not.
    Would like there to be another game, as it is a really fun concept.
    And I am not even a fan of the fps genre. lol
    this!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hate FPS's, but i loved Bulletstorm!
    The thing is though, it wasnt a money maker for EPIC Games, So there might not be a second one, unless they wanna put some other multiplayer modes in there, but i cant see them making another one with out it, i didnt care either way, the story was good, and my midset is, if the story is awesome, than so is the game, exactly why i dont like CoD, the stories SUCK in them
    ۩۞۩Gears of War 3 Epic Edition Owner۩۞۩
    Why Do I Feel Compelled To Understand Your Inadequacies As A Soldier? Is It Your Lack Of Training? Lack Of Discipline? Or Simply, Lack Of Internet Connection...
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyieu View Post
    You are the Marcus to my Dom, the Baird to my Cole, the grenade that closes the emergence hole, if you were mine i'd make you see together we should play Gears of War 3

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sly. View Post
    Yep GPing... People just don't pay it the attention it deserves. They think the skillshot system is everything that's in the game and that it's a series of stupid DM-like maps lined up without any story and they don't even consider to buy it because they don't get their "precious DM multiplayer". Seriously, this attitude makes me sick... How can they even judge about a game they haven't really played yet? Reviews of people they don't even know that have their own opinion which doesn't apply to everybody? Seriously, some gamers should think about what they are doing, it's a shame we probably won't see a sequel to this masterpiece.
    I payed it the attention it deserved, I still play it and enjoy it, and I think I'll restart the story mode this weekend once again. It was funny, honestly, I've not seen such a funny and violent game (which even had a real story! I didn't expect that but expected a story a'la UT3!) since at least... well, I have never seen this combination at all! And I think this combination is truly awesome!
    Apart from that, the few similarities to the first Unreal in its story and landscape designs (and a few sounds that sounded a lot alike) just blasted me away into a wave of nostalgia.

People Can Fly and Epic Games can pat on their backs and they should be proud of giving the playerbase, who appreciates this, such a brilliant game.

Therefore, I must thank the developers of this truly awesome game:
    Thank you PCF, thank you Epic Games!

This game will always stand in the shelve of games I really like next to my monitor, like Unreal, Unreal RTNP, Unreal2, UT, UT2003 and 2004, my Unreal Anthology and UT3.
    I Love You........i just...couldnt say it any better myself :lossforwords:
    Why Do I Feel Compelled To Understand Your Inadequacies As A Soldier? Is It Your Lack Of Training? Lack Of Discipline? Or Simply, Lack Of Internet Connection...
    You are the Marcus to my Dom, the Baird to my Cole, the grenade that closes the emergence hole, if you were mine i'd make you see together we should play Gears of War 3

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EmShost

Quote Originally Posted by Sly. View Post

(...)

You bring my hope into gamers back, man. I already wrote up my thoughts on my blog, so don't need to copypasta it here again, but if someone's interested what a gurl's thinking about this game, there you go.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: o0 RATTLECAT 0o

Have to say that Bulletstorm has served me well over the last few months. When i bought it back in Feb i had no idea i would still be playing it in Sept. It's a bold statement but it's probably my 2nd favourite game on 360 ever due to the amount of time i've played it. Pretty soon i will be moving on to Gears 3 but i will be eagerly awaiting Bulletstorm 2. Good luck PCF, thank you for such an excellent game, much much respect.

God King

Nice article Goha! I hope you will be able to convince even more people to buy the game

S l y .

Boomshot

Is it sensible to make a second version of a game that lost you money? Don't think so.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Cr4zy View Post
    Is it sensible to make a second version of a game that lost you money? Don't think so.
    its sensible to do what epic does best and listen to their fanbase

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IcyizM

Sure id like to see a second the first was pretty good.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: U1 849 K A

I really hope so, but I'm not sure if it did well enough, unfortunately.
    MAP MIXER 3.00 Final! UT ain't complete without it.
    Does any one know where the love of God goes When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
    The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay If they'd put fifteen more miles behind 'er.
    They might have split up or they might have capsized; They may have broke deep and took water.
    And all that remains is the faces and the names Of the wives and the sons and the daughters.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: K5 stifmeister

They didnt lose money they just didnt make any verybdifferent concept i will notnexplain think about it
    Hello there check out my
    Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/civil238
    Corpser sculpture - http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...2#post29520842
    Amazing Gears cake - http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post29520831
    Please comment and share your thoughts\

God King

They could cover the production costs but didn't make any big income with it, but they didn't lose money as MiniPistolTroika already said.

S l y .

MSgt. Shooter Person

I personnally think they have to correct the mistakes of bulletstorm if they want a successful sequel. And most importantly do what they say, and avoid to make what they are mocking about, if you know what I mean.
    Bulletstorm is certainly refreshing compared to CoD games or Halo, but I think they should listen more the gamers, rather than listening the appeal of the trends. Because there is a lot of oldschool gamers who pretty much know what fun is in therms of old school FPS.

Banned

The greatest part of Bulletstorm was also it's worst.
    The whole leash and "kill with skill" got old quick.
    I beat the campaign on the 2nd hardest difficulty and got all the achievements on the multiplayer.
    Issue with the multiplayer is it got stale, you could use the same tactic on all of them - chain the enemy, leash him, have another player shoot him into the level hazard - repeat and you get a f***-ton of points and never fail.

The game needed a true form of online - not a horde mode. I know they figured with the whole leash and time slow-down it wouldn't work.
    However I will just point you to the game "Timeshift" - it had the speed up/down in it's multiplayer and it worked using area effects. It'd work great for Bulletstorm.

Iron Guard

@OoPpEe

When I read your post one thought have camed across my mind. Bulletstorm didn't had much things to master. It was rather mastering levels than mastering mechanics itself(mastering particular skillshots doesn't count). Maybe there is part about mastering weaopns, but personally passed it because if weapon doesn't feel good in my hands from beggining then there are low chances that i will find it usefull.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sentinel 187

i think ishi will have no control over himselfif they did a bs2 and they could make you fight him
    Baird | SGE
    Proud member of EGFC
    XBL: Sentinel 187
    Steam ID: Sentinel_187

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast