Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 9 of 95 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by NiiLoC View Post
    yeah, it used to be 7:1...now it's 5:1

quick question: is it ok to pause in the middle of the 13-17 minute GK fight to smoke as long as the iPad stays in the video frame the whole time?
    Hahahaha NiiLoC this made me crack up.

And Sliver, are you sure the video would help? It took only about 60-70 secs for me to beat GK due to the ridiculous (compared to his health at least) amount of damage I did on every parry.

Redeemer

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!

so frustrating! Just failed on attempt #27...my goodness...

the 360 spin step back is ganking me every time i get to the third stage! (only been there 5 times out of 27 attempts)...

so frustrating...

and just for clarification, i wouldn't be pausing the video to smoke ( i smoke e-cigarettes in my home), i'd be pausing the iPad/gameplay if allowed to do so...

after two stages, i'm so amped up i feel i could use a quick e-smoke break...i totally understand if this destroys the principle of the GK club though i can understand why pausing in the middle of gameplay could be frowned upon...

Blademaster

the 360 spin step back is ganking me every time i get to the third stage! (only been there 5 times out of 27 attempts)...

so frustrating...

and just for clarification, i wouldn't be pausing the video to smoke ( i smoke e-cigarettes in my home), i'd be pausing the iPad/gameplay if allowed to do so...

after two stages, i'm so amped up i feel i could use a quick e-smoke break...i totally understand if this destroys the principle of the GK club though i can understand why pausing in the middle of gameplay could be frowned upon...
    I've had quite a few attempts myself! I have reached stage 2 a few times. Just got a slow-recharging healing ring, and that helps a lot.

=Silver= how did you do this on a 10:1 ratio?!??

Oh, and still struggling to find a working screen recorder. Lol first world problems
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

Saburai

Quote Originally Posted by grantnoe View Post
    I've had quite a few attempts myself! I have reached stage 2 a few times. Just got a slow-recharging healing ring, and that helps a lot.

Oh, and still struggling to find a working screen recorder. Lol first world problems
    Didn't you say you jailbroke?

Redeemer

i just have my iPhone taped to a stand above my iPad...it;s working pretty well, grant...

SAB: i think grant did JB his device, but cydia didn't DL properly

Redeemer

oh yeah, and i'm now on attempt 48.....still have yet to complete stage 3 and pure crack this Motherfukkker...*sigh*

it's draining, man....wtf

Blademaster

oh yeah, and i'm now on attempt 48.....still have yet to complete stage 3 and pure crack this Motherfukkker...*sigh*

it's draining, man....wtf
    My GK level is only 950 so I'm also testing the Diruel to see if it can help at all. Are we allowed to use attack rings NiiLoC?

Haha tape, that's a good trick. Now all I need is another iDevice lol- but after fighting the GK and failing so many times, a proper camera is amongst the least of my worries

If i could jailbreak properly, i would get this: http://www.redmondpie.com/install-wi...one-jailbreak/
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

yeah, it used to be 7:1...now it's 5:1

quick question: is it ok to pause in the middle of the 13-17 minute GK fight to smoke as long as the iPad stays in the video frame the whole time?
    Of course it's ok

When we played the first versions of IB1, there were no any NG and fights with some high lvl GKs took more than 30-40 min. We made a pauses after each phase, to drink coffee, smoke or make physical exercises

When I played 10:1 I had the rest 2 times, and I did it from more than 15th attempt

Advice.
    It's not necessary to make it overnight. Take a rest, your brain will make itself. Next time, next day, you will play noticeably better
    "Skillbuilding as a lifestyle"
    The God King Club ID#1|Ultimate GK Slayer |True Jedi |
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

so frustrating...

You are on a right way

DON'T crack his "360 move"! Just spell super or magic if you see he is about to launch it.

Though it's a pure crack, it has a very tough timing, what makes it an occasional luck - don't risk!

You've got only three stepbacks for each phase and two chances to interrupt them: magic and super. The probability that "360 move" will be launched 3 times in a row - almost zero. You will have time to recharge magic or super.
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

The only way is - ALL IN ATTACK!

Well, I guess there maybe another strategy... On a very high GK lvl, the pts number (GK lvl/GKR) may be so high, that to use 200 pts for magic and some for health enough to stand 1 hit will be not so noticeable on increasing total attack sessions needed to win.

But until now it may be verified only by two persons: Leandro, and Ruggedland
    Last edited by =Silver=; 05-11-2012 at 02:10 AM.
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Saburai

My GK level is only 950 so I'm also testing the Diruel to see if it can help at all. Are we allowed to use attack rings NiiLoC?

Haha tape, that's a good trick. Now all I need is another iDevice lol- but after fighting the GK and failing so many times, a proper camera is amongst the least of my worries

If i could jailbreak properly, i would get this: http://www.redmondpie.com/install-wi...one-jailbreak/
    I think I've tried that one...it's just not worth it. that theme slows your device down so much.

To JB properly you have to do it twice...Tethered JB's are really complicated. But I've been following the JB scene for a long time, so I can help you out if you want.

You may use all you want, just don't waste precious pts

You can't jb if you are 5.1. The easiest way is the second idevice or digital camcorder.
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Saburai

Quote Originally Posted by =Silver= View Post
    You may use all you want, just don't waste precious pts

You can't jb if you are 5.1. The easiest way is the second idevice or digital camcorder.
    You can JB if you're on 5.1, just not if you have an A5 or later device. (iPad 2, 4s, ipad 3) and pod2g demoed an untethered iPad 3 JB today on a vid...

Guys, you may want to discuss jb details by PM, or thread may be closed...
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Redeemer

to get this discussion back on track:

I have now failed well over 100 times

I have learned quite a few things, but have only gotten to the 3rd stage 7 or 8 times out of 100 attempts....

Below are two youtube clips for your viewing pleasure I selected these two bc they were the only videos i had that were less than 30 minutes long...i'm pretty sure 2 of the 3 fails are missing the same parry

and without further ado, two videos containing a total of 3 NiiLoC failures:

NiiLoC fail #28
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwwxW...ature=youtu.be

NiiLoC fail #43/44
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFMmJ...ature=youtu.be

Enjoy!

Redeemer

Hell yeah!!!! It's remember me when l fight for a club other guys (silver and unrealize) had more magic points than l and l remember silver said "u r wizard without magic"
    Don't give up and l think u r perrying too much, cu sometimes screen didn't "feel that". l wish u good luck

P.s do NOT do STAB after perry, when u do this it's "cut" ur some combo! With stab u can do 2-3 (+gem) without a stab 5-7 (+gem)
    Last edited by rioskis; 05-11-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Wizard without magic.

IB2 GK11k+ ; RYTH 59k+ ; ∞^110+; lvl 4.1k+

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by rioskis View Post
    Hell yeah!!!! It's remember me when l fight for a club other guys (silver and unrealize) had more magic points than l and l remember silver said "u r wizard without magic"
    Don't give up and l think u r perrying too much, cu sometimes screen didn't "feel that". l wish u good luck
    thx, Rioskis

yeah, all of this time i'm spending on trying to make the GK club has given smartyoyo and yourself enough time to catch me in the race for the Level 2k club spot! That's ok though...the GK club is the most elite club in IB...if i can make it, that will take higher priority than gaining more levels...at least for now

We'll see how many more hours of torture i can endure before I give up again and re-focus on the level 2k club

Redeemer

Hope u'll saw my edit

Wizard without magic.

Redeemer

And thank u that u r not running away with lvl but anyway its takes alot time..

Wizard without magic.

Redeemer

And thank u that u r not running away with lvl but anyway its takes alot time..
    no prob, rioskis

and i'll take that no stabbing advice...i hadn't even thought about that...another newbie mistake!

Redeemer

One more advice :
    U don't have to do combo left right left right left right up. After ur two single hit u get a combo (L+R+L=combo) and after u can just swipe only in one ur favorite direction. Maybe it will be easier
    Last edited by rioskis; 05-11-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Wizard without magic.

Redeemer

One more advice :
    U don't have to do combo left right left right left right up. After ur two single hit u get a combo (L+R+L=combo) and after u can just swipe only in one ur favorite direction. Maybe it will be easier
    swipe only in my favorite direction after i have started my combo? hmmmm never heard of that...

usually i do L-R-L-U-D-R, but for the GK chall i decided to just go L-R-L-R-L-U...

I'll try this mono-swiping technique...

Redeemer

Try it and tell me how it goes? cuz maybe when u r on 3rd stage u r start thinking about combo how to do more DMG to GK. but with this one direction ur mind will be free and u can more focus on dodge and perry

P.s it's only on duel.
    Last edited by rioskis; 05-11-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Wizard without magic.

Redeemer

Try it and tell me how it goes? cuz maybe when u r on 3rd stage u r start thinking about combo how to do more DMG to GK. but with this one direction ur mind will be free and u can more focus on dodge and perry

P.s it's only on duel.
    i will give this (and your other tips) a try tomorrow

thx again, Rioskis...i definitely appreciate the feedback

Default Niiloc's Fights Analysis

Ok, Niiloc, saw you vids. They are nice grind, but it's time to learn some things
    Here follows my analysis, but before it I strongly recommend to read Dual Guide more carefully (see some links in brackets)
    So

1. Always try to DODGE the last hit of his combos (see p.1.1.2 "Dodge and Parry"). Doing that, you will get 9 to 11 hits attack window. Otherwise you'll get just 7 hits if you will be very quick (b/c it's a time-bound window). How to recognize the last hit: they are almost always long hits (turning, jump and so on). Now the rule is - dodge all long hits, parry all short ones. It will save you from the "Dodge Doom" (see 1.1) and guarantee long attack window

2. Learn fixed pattern combos, listen to Rios, it's critically important for long fights, I'll tell you why:

1) You rest while doing combo
    You've already understood that saving attention potential is critical. That's why you panic in the second/third phase and begin making stupid mistakes.

2) You imply max damage (see p.1.3 "Attack window size")
    There are 3 types of hit-bound (HB) windows: 7, 9 and 11 hits. Look carefully: if you count up to 6 hits in his attack - you've got 9, if more than 6 - you may try 11, if you dodged a stepback - it's surely 11. In a time-bound (TB) window (stars in the right upper corner) I don't recommend to do more than 6 hits combos.

3) You don't ever get dizzy
    It's very important to know the attack window size for stable fight, b/c if he blocks your hit - you get dizzy (see 1.2. "Dizzy Issue") and the risk of being hit encases dramatically.

What are those "stable combos"?
    So, I prefer:
    1) HB-7: (L-R-L-R)-[U-D]-{L/R}, where (introduction), [main huge chain], {closing ultra}
    2) HB-9: (L-R-L-R)-[U-D-U-D]-{L/R}
    3) HB-11: (L-R-L-R)-[U-D-U-D-U-D]-{L/R}
    These combos imply max damage possible, all you need is to count how many [U-D] you did: 1 - is 7 hits, 2 - is 9 hits, 3 - is 11 hits

So, to compare your favorite 9 and my 9:
    Yours: 1-1-2-2-2-3-1-1-2-X = 15x damage
    Mine: 1-1-2-2-2-2-2-2-3 = 17x damage
    X - is blocked combo, and dizzy as the result, that's why you have to dodge the next hit, and "dodge doom" is here for you

For any time-bound window
    TB-6: (L-R)-[L-R-L]-{U/D}

So, learn them by spine brain and save you attention for forthcoming attack
    If you feel that attack window is bigger, but you just closed it by ultra - learn how to wrap combos (see p.1.1.4)

3. And the one last thing: don't ever touch any other circles unless they are multiple stabs during parry break (see p.1.1.2)
    OR you will make a short dizzy (TB-4) instead of a huge attack window (HB-11)

That's all for now.
    Dual Guide and practice
    Last edited by =Silver=; 05-11-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Redeemer

thx, silver!

1) when fighting titans, i ALWAYS dodge the last hit of an attack chain...for some reason after my first attempts against the GK in the 7:1 ratio, i got the impression that parrying the last attack of a GK chain (i.e. the jumping swipe down) will induce step back type1 or step back type2 from raidriar...Obviously i prefer these two step backs, and so that's why i decided to parry most of the final attacks in a GK chain...it's not that i'm ignoring your advice in your dual survival guide that thing is like a bible for me!

2) similar thought to above...like i said to rioskis, i usually do the L-R-L-R-U-D-R style of combo....but again, for the GK challenge i decided to simplify it by using the more amateurish L-R-L-R-L-U, L-R-L combo....i definitely understand that i am losing important attacks over the long run of the 15 minute fight, but it does keep my mind more 'free' and allows my brain to rest easier during my attack window...again, i'm not ignoring your survival guide advice, which i always adhere to vs regular titans

i think the bottom line is what has been brought up multiple times before: I have fought the GK wayyyyy less than any other deathless/titan in the game....i've fought thane probably well over a thousand times...so i am still getting used to his exact attack chains/combos (even after my 120+ fail attempts)...

hmmm it looks like i have some more work to do!

Redeemer

why aren't more people trying this? The GK club is the most prestigious IB club there is!

Deathless

We are. Mebbe not as vocal as you, but we are.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

Saburai

I'm going to try it sometime...I want to level up more...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: H264

why aren't more people trying this? The GK club is the most prestigious IB club there is!
    I would, but am unclear on the rules. I have to go back to OG and keep playing up to and incl kill GK at level 3000+?
    IB2: L=1000|NG=1^33|H=17050|A=7400|S=1|M=1|GK=3250
    Rainbow Gem Discoverer #2 - exact recipe.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by gr00veh0lmes View Post
    We are. Mebbe not as vocal as you, but we are.
    understood...

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by n808 View Post
    I would, but am unclear on the rules. I have to go back to OG and keep playing up to and incl kill GK at level 3000+?
    not at all, n808..

you just need a 5:1 GK ratio...

i.e. GK level 4750 --> 4750/5=950

so you can only use 950 stat points total...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Ok. I will try when I get to GK 3050 - realloc. stat points and allocate only 610 (or less) points. GK really is the most challenging opponent.

I feel ruggedland is almost in. In Australian Open he posted his last achievement for Absolute Champions table (GKR=5.15), which is almost GK Club qualification except he used a defense gem. I think he can easily throw it out and repeat the fight.
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Ok. I will try when I get to GK 3050 - realloc. stat points and allocate only 610 (or less) points. GK really is the most challenging opponent.
    You don't need to go to a specific GK. If you are more than 550 GK lvl, you may begin qualifying
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Redeemer

I have a great idea for myself we'll think l'll try in OG (not sure which lvl is GK there..) kill him with ratio 15:1
    Maybe it tooks time for me cuz l'm playing for lvl but not too much (don't have time)

P.s fuuuk just played until l go to the tower after l start a next RB... l thought l'll come to GK.. Well l guess l have to try with high GK lvl damnnn...
    Last edited by rioskis; 05-12-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Wizard without magic.

Redeemer

jumped up two NGs...now at GK 4950

here are new stat allocations:

GK level 4950
    GK Health 422,800

4950/5= 990 stat points for me to use

weapon: Nero=+5 attack
    shield: Maximus= +9 shield
    helmet: blue steel= +4 attack
    armor: Thark= health +2 with titan break +2 hex gem
    Ring: Ring of Man with +63 attack gem

1. Health: 50 + 100= 3 stat points
    2. Attack: 901 + 72= 973 stat points
    3. Shield: 1 + 9= 10 stat points
    4. Magic: 1 + 0= 1 stat points

987 stat points used

already having much better results with newest tips from Silver / Rioskis

I went back to my normal L-R-L +R-U-D-U-D-R combo style to maximize my attack window, am dodging last hit of every GK attack chain, and most importantly NOT hitting random stab windows

getting to stage 3 with far more frequency, but still haven't gotten him lower than around 80k remaining health! AAARRRRrrrggghghhhHhhHh!

i'm going to get this it's my right of passage to NG^50

on another note: GOOD LUCK, RUGGED!!! take that defense gem off and wreck whatever ridiculous GK level you are at!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

You don't need to go to a specific GK. If you are more than 550 GK lvl, you may begin qualifying
    No, that's just the next GK level in my NG.

I feel ruggedland is almost in. In Australian Open he posted his last achievement for Absolute Champions table (GKR=5.15), which is almost GK Club qualification except he used a defense gem. I think he can easily throw it out and repeat the fight.
    See, that's another rule - no defense gems allowed? But from Niiloc's latest post, other types allowed? Magic, Attack , Break+2 etc? Answer: Yes, but stat points count towards total...

EDIT: And can Health regen magic be used? Probably not.. and not really relevant, since one dies from just one GK hit anyway with these stat requirements.
    Last edited by n808; 05-12-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Redeemer

See, that's another rule - no defense gems allowed? But from Niiloc's latest post, other types allowed? Magic, Attack , Break+2 etc? Answer: Yes, but stat points count towards total...

EDIT: And can Health regen magic be used? Probably not.. and not really relevant, since one dies from just one GK hit anyway with these stat requirements.

you got it regarding the gems....only round and hex gems

Redeemer

you got it regarding the gems....only round and hex gems

Page 9 of 95 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast