Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 85 of 95 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,400 of 3766
    Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by =Silver= View Post
    Ok
    A good common denominator, which I used - is the number of attack breaks to kill a GK. Take this number from the dual 5:1, and see what ratio must be with heavy to kill the GK with the same number of breaks using heavy.
    Oh, I did the same math here.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post31584830

In one-hit setup, it 'll require about 26-27 standard dodge break!!! to finish the God-King.

So Tywin, you only have half of the work needed to be done
    Last edited by Khoai; 08-07-2013 at 05:25 AM.
    Raidriar: You always were… a vile, plotting wretch… Ausar. Killing me will not end this, you know.

Siris: What makes you think I want to end this? I want more NewGame++. Heh-heh!!!!

Challenge for "The On Challenge Gem Forge!"

Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post
    Okay, that's crazy. But I just remembered that I have another idea. Equip an "On Perfect Parry Damage X" gem, subtract X from your SP for a 5:1 GK fight, and only damage by parrying.
    Well, this actually doesn't differ much from the usual ratio fight, just no need to attack...
    Maybe you will add some IB1 challenge?
    "Skillbuilding as a lifestyle"
    The God King Club ID#1|Ultimate GK Slayer |True Jedi |
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Redeemer

Congratulations to the new God King Club member ID #31 - LethalXforce!!!

Congrats warrior!
    Now you are official pro
    You did the min skills test, show us your MAX!
    Congratulations LethalXforce! Welcome to the club
    Worker of Secrets Club 5:1 Aegis Warrior #2 Taml's IB Video GuidesTamLChannel
    The Pantheon Club ID#12The God King Club ID#21 (Completed all IB2 Ratio HAs) — IB2 Level 2K Club ID#19

Deathless
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: greenday48104

Ok
    A good common denominator, which I used - is the number of attack breaks to kill a GK. Take this number from the dual 5:1, and see what ratio must be with heavy to kill the GK with the same number of breaks using heavy.
    Okay! Sounds good silver, thanks.

@khoai, thanks man.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well, this actually doesn't differ much from the usual ratio fight, just no need to attack...
    Maybe you will add some IB1 challenge?
    Really? In regular 5:1 you dodge a lot and your main objective if getting through his attacks to get to a break window. Then you do your X number of hits from your Attack stat. In this one, break windows wouldn't even matter and you're trying to parry everything you can because that is the only way to inflict damage. You would dodge a lot less and unless you get Perfect Parries often, it will be a long fight. Even if you do get Perfect Parries often, they still won't be nearly as often as the number of times you can normally attack.
    MBTI & Socionics: ISTP | Sloan: R[C]UEI
    The God King Club #30 | Total Recall #1 | True Jedi #4
    IB2 Level 2000 Club #31
    Pantheon ID#20

How is 5:1 ratio calculated. I tried reading the first page but couldnt exactly understand
    Need help.

I am playing Ib2.
    So, for example lets say a titan (gk) is level 2250 with health lets say 125000. So, how do i calculate the 5:1 ratio to be eligible to beat him for club membership requirements

Thanks
    Need Mob Clash Love
    GC Id: Shamissabri

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Shamis View Post
    How is 5:1 ratio calculated. I tried reading the first page but couldnt exactly understand
    Need help.

I am playing Ib2.
    So, for example lets say a titan (gk) is level 2250 with health lets say 125000. So, how do i calculate the 5:1 ratio to be eligible to beat him for club membership requirements

Thanks
    In your example, you would be able to have 450 SP, since 450 is 1/5 of 2250. The titan's health doesn't matter. It only matters when you can't see the titan's level before the battle and you need to do the calculation to figure out its level based on its health.

Anyway, so you can have a maximum of 450 points in all stats combined, including equipment.
    IB2 Level 2000 Club #31
    Pantheon ID#20

Noted, thanks.

So basically to defeat a 2250 lvl Titan I need to allocate only an only a total of 450 stat points on any of the four areas (health, atk, shield, magic)?

And what about the gems and equipment?
    Need Mob Clash Love

MSgt. Shooter Person

Noted, thanks.

So basically to defeat a 2250 lvl Titan I need to allocate only an only a total of 450 stat points on any of the four areas (health, atk, shield, magic)?

And what about the gems and equipment?
    Points already in equipment and gems count in the SP total. That's why people equip the Maximus shield. It has the lowest shield stat of any shield (only 9), so combined with the default shield value of 1 that you have, there is a minimum of 10 SP in shield, which means you have 440 to allocate elsewhere. If you are putting as much as possible in attack, you would equip Thark armor, Maximus shield, any helmet with only Attack stat, and any ring with no stats. That would leave you with 3 SP in health, 10 in shield, and 1 in magic (default value), for a total of 14 SP, meaning your Attack (allocated SP and equipment/gems) can be a maximum of 436.

If you want to put enough in Health to survive 1 hit, it would end up taking around half of the SP from Attack, making the battle twice as long.
    Last edited by Idec Sdawkminn; 08-07-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    IB2 Level 2000 Club #31
    Pantheon ID#20

oh..... that is going to be one loooooong fight even with just 436 atk :]

but sounds good. gonna try. lets see if i get it
    Need Mob Clash Love

oh..... that is going to be one loooooong fight even with just 436 atk :]

but sounds good. gonna try. lets see if i get it
    It's a whole new experience, you need to try it!
    "He thought I'd betray my people, leave them to die. But he was wrong, so wrong. I will do my duty. For I am a king."
    -Raidriar

|Total 5:1|MX-Eliminator|Leg Fighter Pro|Ultimate God King Slayer|
    Percentage for every combo/hit - Every Class List
    Guide of every Hit Bound Break Window and Perfect Block/Parry caps

Default The God King Club

Really? In regular 5:1 you dodge a lot and your main objective if getting through his attacks to get to a break window. Then you do your X number of hits from your Attack stat. In this one, break windows wouldn't even matter and you're trying to parry everything you can because that is the only way to inflict damage. You would dodge a lot less and unless you get Perfect Parries often, it will be a long fight. Even if you do get Perfect Parries often, they still won't be nearly as often as the number of times you can normally attack.
    In IB2 (unlike IB1) you do try to parry all the time except the last hit and those that are not parryable. You do want as many perfect parries as possible to earn one more hit in the hit bound window. It's just usual 5:1 rules that forces you to do all this.

Anyway, I personally don't mind. What will other members say? Is there someone to try it out?
    Last edited by =Silver=; 08-08-2013 at 12:54 AM.
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

In IB2 (unlike IB1) you do try to parry all the time except the last hit and those that are not parryable. You do want as many perfect parries as possible to earn one more hit in the hit bound window. It's just usual 5:1 rules that forces you to do all this.

Anyway, I personally don't mind. What will other members say? Is there someone to try it out?
    I'm not sure If I get it properly. A challenge where you equip a "On a Perfect Parry Damage X" and reduce X from the SP so you can do a ratio fight only with parry and no attacks at all. Is that right? If so, sounds interesting, would be on Dual too?
    "He thought I'd betray my people, leave them to die. But he was wrong, so wrong. I will do my duty. For I am a king."
    -Raidriar

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Farfield View Post
    I'm not sure If I get it properly. A challenge where you equip a "On a Perfect Parry Damage X" and reduce X from the SP so you can do a ratio fight only with parry and no attacks at all. Is that right? If so, sounds interesting, would be on Dual too?
    You got it. It would work on any class because all can parry. It is different than the others, but so is Pure Aegis.
    IB2 Level 2000 Club #31
    Pantheon ID#20

You got it. It would work on any class because all can parry. It is different than the others, but so is Pure Aegis.
    Sounds interesting. This would be a HA? I'd like to see some demostration to see how this works on action. But yeah, it's a great idea.
    -Raidriar

MSgt. Shooter Person

Sounds interesting. This would be a HA? I'd like to see some demostration to see how this works on action. But yeah, it's a great idea.
    Okay, once I'm back at work I'll come up with something. I can record a lot smoother there.
    IB2 Level 2000 Club #31
    Pantheon ID#20

Iron Guard

Okay, that's crazy. But I just remembered that I have another idea. Equip an "On Perfect Parry Damage X" gem, subtract X from your SP for a 5:1 GK fight, and only damage by parrying.
    So if we can allocate let say 450SP, default is 15 (include: 3 for HP with Thark Armor, 1 for attack with Gem Blades, 10 for shield with Maximus and 1 for magic) there's 435 left for On Perfect Parry Damage X gem ,max X = 435. Right?

That's crazy, too.

In my journey to level 2,000 and more, I manage to get as many Perfect Parry as possible to + 1 more hit/perfect parry in hit window so I can finish titan within 1 or 2 breaks, but I never think of killing a titan purely in this way.

And I also prefer challenges that do not require a full video recorded.
    Raidriar: You always were… a vile, plotting wretch… Ausar. Killing me will not end this, you know.

Siris: What makes you think I want to end this? I want more NewGame++. Heh-heh!!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Khoai View Post
    So if we can allocate let say 450SP, default is 15 (include: 3 for HP with Thark Armor, 1 for attack with Gem Blades, 10 for shield with Maximus and 1 for magic) there's 435 left for On Perfect Parry Damage X gem ,max X = 435. Right?

That's crazy, too.

In my journey to level 2,000 and more, I manage to get as many Perfect Parry as possible to + 1 more hit/perfect parry in hit window so I can finish titan within 1 or 2 breaks, but I never think of killing a titan purely in this way.

And I also prefer challenges that do not require a full video recorded.
    It's funny how you (and me) think it is crazy and yet Silver says it is similar to normal 5:1 and Farfield thinks it sounds fun. Definitely different areas challenge different people.

This one wouldn't require full video because it would be so long I think. Just pictures showing equipment and perhaps a video of the last 5 or so Perfect Parries.
    IB2 Level 2000 Club #31
    Pantheon ID#20

Deathless
    Gamer IDs

Ok

Oh, I did the same math here.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post31584830

In one-hit setup, it 'll require about 26-27 standard dodge break!!! to finish the God-King.

So Tywin, you only have half of the work needed to be done
    Okay thanks guys. Using that math I tried a 3:1 on a Level 1150 GK in OG. He had 96000 health and on a Parry Break!!! Which is the most common break you'll get in a heavy 5:1, I did 2961 damage, meaning that I would need about 32 breaks to beat him.

This seems close enough to me. I will try and get a video. What do you all think?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Okay, here is a demonstration. It's not in 5:1 or anything. I just put what I had on: http://youtu.be/CHdeIC4bL6w

EDIT: I don't know why it is so choppy. It's not like that on my computer. I even uploaded it again and its still like that. Oh well. You get the idea.
    Last edited by Idec Sdawkminn; 08-08-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    IB2 Level 2000 Club #31
    Pantheon ID#20

Iron Guard

Okay, here is a demonstration. It's not in 5:1 or anything. I just put what I had on: http://youtu.be/CHdeIC4bL6w

EDIT: I don't know why it is so choppy. It's not like that on my computer. I even uploaded it again and its still like that. Oh well. You get the idea.
    Yeah, I like your vid. Sometimes, beside building skills, we need to explore funny parts of the Game, On Block/Parry/Perfect Block/Perfect Parry Damage X Gems make our characters like A Poision Man: killing enemies without lifting a finger

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah, I like your vid. Sometimes, beside building skills, we need to explore funny parts of the Game, On Block/Parry/Perfect Block/Perfect Parry Damage X Gems make our characters like A Poision Man: killing enemies without lifting a finger
    Well, it's also building parrying skills. I was praised by how much I parried in my entrance video. I noticed how much people dodged in 5:1 videos and all the calculations for maximizing the amount of damage by doing the combo at the end and getting HB windows and counting exclamation points and perfect parries and translating them to number of hits. This throws all that out the window and makes you worry only about parry timing and angle. You have to play it a lot more riskily because dodging won't do you any good, you have to rely on parrying which is a higher chance of getting hit, and waiting until right before he hits you is even riskier. This one isn't about learning a pattern to avoid his hits. In the normal 5:1 fights, avoiding his hits is 80-90% of the fight. Once you avoid his attacks, you're home free because attacking is the easy part. You avoid until the next break and then relax a little as you know you can hit him a certain number of times uninterrupted. In this one, it is of course essential to avoid his attacks, but that won't get you anywhere. You're not trying to last until the next hit break. The breaks are just interruptions to the fight and you need him to be attacking you in order to deal damage. His 4-hit combo where he does kick, left shield, right shield, center shield and results in a Dodge Break!!! will go from an almost free attack break to being a waste of time.
    IB2 Level 2000 Club #31
    Pantheon ID#20

Iron Guard

Yes, I know and I totally agree with you.

In that paragraph, I just want to emphasize the functions of those gems, which can make the Game more fun and enjoyable.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I was thinking. Perhaps an exception could be made for only doing damage via Perfect Parries and that would be to allow stab bubbles to be tapped for when someone Perfect Parries the last hit as well as stab bubbles for Super. It would make the battle a little quicker, more enjoyable, but not that much easier.
    IB2 Level 2000 Club #31
    Pantheon ID#20

Ok guys, give me the exact final text for OP. And give it a name.
    Like "Death Parry", "Perfect Death" or smth
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

MSgt. Shooter Person

I tossed around some ideas on my walk to work like "Parry of Death", "Death by Parry", or even "Siris/Ausar and the Deathly Parries", but ended up with "Double-Edged Blade". The latter is my submission, but I'd be content with any of those.

Slay the God King with the standard 5:1 ratio rules, except no attacks besides stab bubbles or Heavy slashes are allowed. All gems are allowed that don't cause damage. The only damage-dealing gems allowed are "On Perfect Parry Damage Titan X" gems. Any number on a gem counts toward your total SP. Min confirmation: Screenshots (ending cutscene, SAS, and equipped gems)
    Last edited by Idec Sdawkminn; 08-09-2013 at 12:50 PM.
    IB2 Level 2000 Club #31
    Pantheon ID#20

Quote Originally Posted by TywinTheVile View Post
    Okay thanks guys. Using that math I tried a 3:1 on a Level 1150 GK in OG. He had 96000 health and on a Parry Break!!! Which is the most common break you'll get in a heavy 5:1, I did 2961 damage, meaning that I would need about 32 breaks to beat him.

This seems close enough to me. I will try and get a video. What do you all think?
    Would you be using a combo slash +1 gem?
    School is under IB on my priorities list Not even using the restroom is above IB!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
    Fun... yes, that word seems to describe alot of things haha. Fun goldfarming, fun "throwing out iphone through the window"...
    I really don't want to kill you but I'm beginning to think that's what's best for business!!!!
    Follower of the NG code. link

Deathless
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade5 View Post
    Would you be using a combo slash +1 gem?
    No cs1 gem

Deathless
    Gamer IDs

Okay, anyone interested in helping come up with a Heavy GKC qualifier? The ratio fights are proving too problematic. I would like a challenge that would work for both OG and NG if possible. I have an idea and it may sound crazy. Here is goes:

Distribute your SP evenly across all four areas (Health, Attack, Shield and Magic).
    You may only Use the Starting Worn Armor.
    Defeat the GK!

Here is why I think it will be a good challenge still ( I need more people than just me to test it): Edit: Found this way too easy FML
    1. It will be universal for OG and NG
    2. You will have no elemental defense so you must get mostly perfect blocks or you will still lose too much health
    3. Missed blocks will be devastating because you will take elemental damage and quickly lose health
    4. Elemental Damage and No gems means you need to parry as much as possible, so even with the increased shield you cannot "cheat" the fight by blocking everything because you will die.
    5. It is a simple rule set.

Please someone help me test this or if anyone has a different suggestion (not a ratio fight) please post it here and I will help test it.

If it is going to be a ratio fight it should be OG 3:1 and only elemental defense is from shield, No gems other than what is normally allowed. If you can get a video of an OG 3:1 GK then I pass my "Heavy Master" Mantle to you forever cause I am struggling.

Thanks all!

EDIT:Another Possibility is setting an OG limit much like the IB1 GK Challenge. OG so you cannot have more SP than Level 125/6. For example:
    1. Defeat GK on Rebirth 200 in OG
    2. No Gems Allowed
    3. Elemental Defense only allowed through shield choice.
    Last edited by TywinTheVile; 08-14-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Deathless

So I finally got around to killing the IB 2 GK @ 5:1

Vid to come.

Gimme that True Jedi.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by gr00veh0lmes View Post

Vid to come.

Gimme that True Jedi.
    Nice one gr00ve! Congratulations! Looking forward to the vid.
    Worker of Secrets Club 5:1 Aegis Warrior #2 Taml's IB Video GuidesTamLChannel
    The Pantheon Club ID#12The God King Club ID#21 (Completed all IB2 Ratio HAs) — IB2 Level 2K Club ID#19

Deathless

Quote Originally Posted by TamL View Post
    Nice one gr00ve! Congratulations! Looking forward to the vid.
    Thanks Tam. feelsgoodman.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

I tossed around some ideas on my walk to work like "Parry of Death", "Death by Parry", or even "Siris/Ausar and the Deathly Parries", but ended up with "Double-Edged Blade". The latter is my submission, but I'd be content with any of those.

Slay the God King with the standard 5:1 ratio rules, except no attacks besides stab bubbles or Heavy slashes are allowed. All gems are allowed that don't cause damage. The only damage-dealing gems allowed are "On Perfect Parry Damage Titan X" gems. Any number on a gem counts toward your total SP. Min confirmation: Screenshots (ending cutscene, SAS, and equipped gems)
    OP updated
    Welcome to the next skill test
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Vid to come.

Gimme that True Jedi.
    Nice one groove!
    OP updated
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Deathless
    Gamer IDs

New HA suggestion. "Delve too Deep": Beat Classic God King in Backward Game Rebirth -20.

Ps. I give up (for now) on a Heavy Qualifier

Deathless

New HA suggestion. "Delve too Deep": Beat Classic God King in Backward Game Rebirth -20
    @ 10:1 using 1 hand and your eyes closed.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

MSgt. Shooter Person

From the point you enter BG to this fight.
    IB2 Level 2000 Club #31
    Pantheon ID#20

Deathless

New HA suggestion. "Delve too Deep": Beat Classic God King in Backward Game Rebirth -20.
    From the point you enter BG to this fight.
    Still seems too easy........
    Pantheon

True Jedi

The Sacrifice

Still seems too easy........
    Instead of 1 hand you use 1 foot.

It would be called the "Better than a Stone Demon" achievement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siris
    You assume that I am a minor character.
    Dairy Club ID #14
    IB1 OG ~ LVL 10+ ~ RB 5+|IB2 Juroku BG ~ LVL 60+ ~ RB -1|IB2 Ligent OG ~ LVL 80+ ~ RB 35+

It is possible get RB -20? If you die you're going back to OG, right? Or are you guys joking? xD
    -Raidriar

Page 85 of 95 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast