Hybrid View

Thumbs up Step By Step Fix for 16bit colours and gfx errors.

Sticky if you like. Definitive fix for the gfx errors.

Blue Fog on main menu? Gfx Errors? Black lines on walls/floor? 16bit textures?

Heres the fix

The problem is that there are several graphics cards missing from the list in the compatibility files which are used to determine default settings. I've just copied the maximum quality settings so they're applied to all configurations. This is likely to cause frame rate issues on older systems, so if your computer hasn't had an upgrade for a couple of years you'll want to steer clear. Of course, if you're using an older graphics card it's most likely in the list and you shouldn't be having any problems anyway.

This doesnt have the negative effect on fps that bUseMaxQualityMode does

* Install Bullet Storm

* Update the game

* Back up DefaultCompat.ini from your Bulletstorm\StormGame\Config\ folder, and then replace the original with the file with this http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6KKC97RN mirror http://hotfile.com/dl/107174708/c84c...ompat.ini.html mirror http://www.zshare.net/download/8702674074208b96/

* VERY IMPORTANT Delete StormCompat.ini and StormEngine.ini from Documents\My Games\BulletStorm\StormGame\Config\ and run the game. That should be it.

Extra Tip VERY IMPORTANT: The game doesnt run well on non-16:9 resolutions. It doesnt utilise the cou/gpu properly, so use a 16:9 resolution. Example if I use 1440 x 900 i get 30fps, if I bump it up to 1600 900 i get 62 lol.

That is all, leave it to the community to fix a broken port.
    Last edited by robersdee; 02-24-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Can you please upload to a zshare.net or uploading.com PLEASE

why? its a tiny file, just get it from the above link, you don't have to register either.

ITS Saying download limit exceeded every time I try thats why but please upload somewhere else thnx

So funny its saying the same I guess my ISP is **** as **** "You are currently downloading..

Free users are allowed to only one parallel download.."

Could you try zshare.net if you wouldn't mind i'd really appreciate it .xD

Quote Originally Posted by robersdee View Post
    Thnx a million man

MSgt. Shooter Person

And this kind of thing is why it is a bad idea to encrypt the graphics and control settings in the INI of PC games:

It makes it impossible for the end users to fix the dev's game for them!

OK, good job and many thanks, robersdee!
    energy is eternal delight

Thanks robersdee! It worked and now I can fully enjoy the game!

Of course the devs should have done that for themselves but hey - this just shows the power of the PC community

And you know what - we should get the coming DLC for free so the devs can make up somehow for this unbelievable situation.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The only thing that doesn't work well is the resolution.

There is still a bug with 16:10 resolutions.
    When playing at 1680x1050 the GPU and CPU usage is cut in half and never fully utilized.

Hopefully this is fixed later though.

For now I have to play in window mode with 1600x1024 resolution.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BBboy20

Quote Originally Posted by gregskee View Post
    Thanks robersdee! It worked and now I can fully enjoy the game!

Of course the devs should have done that for themselves but hey - this just shows the power of the PC community

And you know what - we should get the coming DLC for free so the devs can make up somehow for this unbelievable situation.
    Why PCF encrypted everything instead of just Anarchy and Dead Echo is beyond me.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Uploaded to Fileplay which doesn't have any wait times
    http://www.fileplay.net/file/12892/b...t-textures-fix

My hats are off to you sir. All of them.

My system isn't the most powerful but this ini after tweaking a few options took the game from a 20fps chugfest to a smooth 30+ fps game with significantly improved graphics. I don't know what you did but it's friggin magic.

[Edit: Also, now I have to play the whole campaign again with the new shiny bits! ]
    Last edited by Amiculi; 02-26-2011 at 10:58 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BBboy20

It worked but all that is left for me is blocky and skin-soaked shadows and I've read there's no fix for it. =/

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kragg9000

Quote Originally Posted by robersdee View Post

Extra Tip VERY IMPORTANT: The game doesnt run well on non-16:9 resolutions. It doesnt utilise the cou/gpu properly, so use a 16:9 resolution. Example if I use 1440 x 900 i get 30fps, if I bump it up to 1600 900 i get 62 lol.

That is all, leave it to the community to fix a broken port.
    how do you set 1600x900? The max I can put mine to is 1440x900. I can't find any method of setting that resolution manually (in the seemingly non existant ~ console or otherwise.)

Works, thanks!
    All can be reached from within ~ Enslaved