MSgt. Shooter Person

Question Tweaking UTAnimBlendByTurnInPlace?

Hi, I noticed that it's now possible to blend between two idle-animations: one for character being still, one for turning in place by using UTAnimBlendByTurnInPlace -node in the animation tree.

I copied the node from AT_CH_Human like this: (Sorry for the big size of the image; smaller one was very hard to read)

But there are two problems:

1. The rotation animation starts "late", meaning I have to rotate the character about 30-45 degrees before the TurnInPlace -animation (run_forward) starts playing. I'd like it to start after about 5 degrees of rotation, or almost immediately.

2. After stopping to turn the character in place, the animation does not return to to the Idle -animation (idle_ready).

Also I would like to know what the slider at the bottom of the UTAnimBlendByTurnInPlace -node does (set to 0.11 Idle in the pic). Thanks in advance!

MSgt. Shooter Person

yeah im getting the same problem. after i stop turning, the character just goes into T-Pose

Redeemer

The slider lets you test the animation.
    As far as setting the values, its handled natively.

To adjust the angles, you will need to muck around with MaxYawAim.
    UDKPawn.uc
    Code:
    /** How far RootYaw differs from Rotation.Yaw before it is rotated to catch up. */
    var() int    MaxYawAim;
    This defaults to 7000... with is what, 38 degrees?
    Change that too 1000'ish for 5-6 degrees.

Full full control over the twisting and turning of the torso, you need to disable this and write your own code.
    Kris Redbeard
    GROUND BRANCH
    Mature Classic Tactical First Person Shooter
    Rule #11: Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

MSgt. Shooter Person

@slowJusko

You're a life saver! This fixed the problem for me where I wanted the "turn in place" node to fire sooner.