MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: symphonyhell

Map Pack (PC) Evil Map Pack Beta 2

Name: Evil Map Pack
    Version: Beta 2
    Compatibility: Last patch and Titan
    Description: This is the second version of the Evil map pack for unreal tournament 3. I made some corrections reported by my friends,stevelois and blitz~, which helped me a lot with his experience and good taste. also optimizes the maps to make better desenpenho I increased the gain of fps on all maps, I fixed a few bumps that were not good, I improved the navigation of bots, and added several other items into the maps, thus facilitating the gameplay. I have not done the PS3 version, because I intend to release the final version before, most surely we will launch the PS3 version of evil map pack in the final version.

Installation :

Extract Evil Map Pack folder and paste in \Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps.

Screenshots:

Credits:

Beta testers :
    stevelois
    Bl!tz~
    Dudivs

Epic games.
    Gunz The Duel for the inspiration that will take me to the maps "The Lords of Mergge" and "Castle" aka "Mansion" and "Castle" the original game.
    Autodesk 3dmax 2010
    Gears Of War content for unreal tournament 3 by UX-Loki
    DM-anor by nenad pazanin , this map was my inspiration
    Bl!tz~ always connected in any novelty of this project
    stevelois for website and tutorials
    CGtextures.comSci-Fi 3D: The Ultimate 3D Sci-Fi
    Resource3d model free.com
    Amazon 3d.com
    turbo liquid.com
    Treasureland of Heroturko.org
    Me aka "symphonyhell"
    And all my friends who support me

Homepage:
    http://www.moddb.com/members/symphonyhell

Download:
    Via ModDB.com
    Last edited by symphonyhell; 02-16-2011 at 01:25 AM.
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Evil Map Pack Final Final , check out
    for more updates

symphonyhell.blogspot.com

God King

So it's finally here

Damn, I love those screenees

You forgot beta testing in your credits

But why making a second thread, it make it harder to follow

Anyway, dwn now & I'm very exited to play all those fixed versions + the new DM

Later

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post
    So it's finally here

Damn, I love those screenees

You forgot beta testing in your credits

But why making a second thread, it make it harder to follow

Anyway, dwn now & I'm very exited to play all those fixed versions + the new DM

Later
    Oh my god steve , I made haste was still at work so I forgot to put here in the forum of epic, more on this forum ModDB all the credits .... sorry bro ..

I believe the DM-BlackSkull in terms of performance and design already one of the best and most diverse and this map pack, see when you test, it will agree with me ..
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    for more updates

Boomshot

héhé....kewl!
    downloading
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey mate great to see this mappack is going to being still developed XD, love those screenies...Some criticism ( I know I know its beta XD ):

Pic number 4 ( the lava thing, is odd that reddish effect from the lava the lightning is rare, for your help you could see in editor the DM-cipe from cr4zy and imitate the effects lava and lightning what do you think? and for the 7th screen that one with the chesstable style floor, I see needs more lightning and cast shadow improving feel odds dunno... Anyway love your hard work XD

Boomshot

hey mate just tested the two first:

-DM-BlackSkull:
    the central part with the rain is visually superb, i like the darkness in thoses underground corridors/tunnels
    i found hard to choose the right settings on this one: it s so big (especially the tunnels) that u can walk a long time before to face anyone...and if u add too much bots , the central part is "too buzy"
    my personal feeling here is that the map is too big to build a "cohérent " gameplay; i found it very fun in instagib mode

DM-Capella:
    -very impressive map, this one is my favorite from you
    -the foliage part is very well done and if i habitually hate thoses stock flat foliages here they are awesome
    -the size of the map is well adapted and fun to play
    -u can enter in thoses "wood doors" in the church, need some BV or collision
    -perhaps can u add a lil touch of ZAxe in this one
    -i found the music opressive and not addapted to the "cool harmony" of the place

what else can i say...i like ur style more and more, so unique!

thx for ur work mate! keep it up...i ll try the others asap
    Last edited by Bl!tz~; 02-16-2011 at 09:29 AM.
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
    Hey mate great to see this mappack is going to being still developed XD, love those screenies...Some criticism ( I know I know its beta XD ):

Pic number 4 ( the lava thing, is odd that reddish effect from the lava the lightning is rare, for your help you could see in editor the DM-cipe from cr4zy and imitate the effects lava and lightning what do you think? and for the 7th screen that one with the chesstable style floor, I see needs more lightning and cast shadow improving feel odds dunno... Anyway love your hard work XD
    thanks for watching my friend, and I'm working really hard on this map pack, we all know it's very satisfying to do ... I will analyze these points you stated

see yeah
    for more updates

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    hey mate just tested the two first:

-DM-BlackSkull:
    the central part with the rain is visually superb, i like the darkness in thoses underground corridors/tunnels
    i found hard to choose the right settings on this one: it s so big (especially the tunnels) that u can walk a long time before to face anyone...and if u add too much bots , the central part is "too buzy"
    my personal feeling here is that the map is too big to build a "cohérent " gameplay; i found it very fun in instagib mode

DM-Capella:
    -very impressive map, this one is my favorite from you
    -the foliage part is very well done and if i habitually hate thoses stock flat foliages here they are awesome
    -the size of the map is well adapted and fun to play
    -u can enter in thoses "wood doors" in the church, need some BV or collision
    -perhaps can u add a lil touch of ZAxe in this one
    -i found the music opressive and not addapted to the "cool harmony" of the place

what else can i say...i like ur style more and more, so unique!

thx for ur work mate! keep it up...i ll try the others asap
    THX bro

it is my friend, I suggested in the description of BlackSkull, 2 / 18 players, but I sincerely feel more confortable to play with 32, however that it is insane to play, the more I think because the map is too large, it easily holds that number of players ..

DM-capella is also of my favorites, more in fact I like to duel him, once made, the idea of an abandoned church led me to a duel map for ... haa, well observed, I'll check another song more harmonious and test again

ps:after this beta, after you observations and the observations of steve, we'll work on the final version (including the PS3 version that can not miss)

see yeah bro ...
    for more updates

Boomshot

Great work man, currently only your pack activated, where's CBP?..........

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by darksin View Post
    Great work man, currently only your pack activated, where's CBP?..........
    thanks bro , I want to launch other maps after the final version, using the contents of the final version to create those other maps ...
    for more updates

Absolutely love the map pack, this is by far one of the best map packs out there, absolutely stunning, i'm currently only experiencing an issue with one DM map so far, and thats DM-Castle, crashes to desktop everytime i try to load it, but everything else seems perfect to me, haven't tried the CTF's yet.

edit : CTF-Dungeon does same thing, crash to desktop, maybe i've put it all in the wrong place? moved the whole Evil Map Pack folder to the my doccuments/my games/unreal tournament 3/UTGame/Published/Cooked/CustomMaps folder, was that correct?
    Last edited by VACkillers; 02-18-2011 at 08:24 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by VACkillers View Post
    Absolutely love the map pack, this is by far one of the best map packs out there, absolutely stunning, i'm currently only experiencing an issue with one DM map so far, and thats DM-Castle, crashes to desktop everytime i try to load it, but everything else seems perfect to me, haven't tried the CTF's yet.

edit : CTF-Dungeon does same thing, crash to desktop, maybe i've put it all in the wrong place? moved the whole Evil Map Pack folder to the my doccuments/my games/unreal tournament 3/UTGame/Published/Cooked/CustomMaps folder, was that correct?
    Thank you my friend, I am very happy for you like our work
    you must extract the Evil Map Pack and put it this way, "doccuments / my games / unreal tournament 3/UTGame/Published/Cooked/CustomMaps" folder, this really correct as the image below:

for more updates

God King

Default B2

I just finished to play all maps in the pack

First, I must say THX to include what me & Bl!tz suggested in B1

I'll speak overall simply because all maps as the same good & bad points.

I clearly can see a nice improvement over B1 in all maps. As for the new maps, they're visually very nice as well but suffer the same lack as the other ones...

I started to take screenshots of things that need to be fixed, but I go so many screens that I stopped. Don't take me wrong because in the visual department, all maps are uniques.

I truly think your aesthetically & modeling talents would be put to benefit if you where working on a TCMOD. I say that because if there was a single campaign in which, all maps could be put one after in another to follow a specific story, it would be truly awesome

The good points :

- Atmosphere is awesome
    - The theme, music, visuals are also awesome
    - All customs stuff is truly WOW

The bad points :

- BV are needed everywhere you DON'T want the player to go or see something that annoy immersion.

- There are huuuuuuuuuuuge space with noting in it, while just beside in another tight room / corridor you have lot's of pickups. This is bad for gameplay & flow.

- Pickups placement isn't good imho. Yes, you did made some improvements but in general it need much more planning. The risk vs reward in most case isn't there at all & in other situation, you collect ammo only in dead ends & in other case must travel 2048 uu's in to collect a single medium health placed in a tight corner !

- In mostly all maps, some of your birds flies backawrd or even in 45 degrees (that one is hard to explain sorry).

- Suggested players count isn't accurate. In some maps, you specify 2 - 14 players ??? At least, mention a minimum of more because 2 is for duel & except the new small DM, the minimum I could suggest with confidence is 8 against adept bots AI.

- As for lighting, all maps could benefit to have torches here & there. - Many areas are somehow dark which you have some difficulties to orient yourself. At least it would add some contrast & a tad of color.

- Sometimes, I had a hard time to know where to go, there is nothing to orient the players, I was going forward & just decapitate what was in front of me but if there was indications to know where the most valuable items where located, it would enhance gameplay greatly.

Keep up your excellent work my friend

I agree with pretty much everything above. The atmosphere and music are incredible. I believe there was a soundtrack from SW:PM. Better in here then in that movie. I like the DMC music uses as well. DM- Castle there are some deadends with not a lot of pickups in them especially the deadend with the 6 healthvials in the windows. Annoying to get 2 and kinda pointless.

In the CTF maps the bots just will not move towards the bases. I was playing 2 against (myself) and 15mins in the bots had never got to the my flag. Maybe a UT3 thing in general. CTF-Duguen there is a half-staircase going down leaving the redbase. Players (bots) sometimes jump to the side of this staircase into the rocks to the left and get stuck there. Had to rocket myself to death.

If u are curious, CTF-Dugeon, CTF-Sanctuary, CTF-Transylvania, DM-BlackSkull, DM-Capella, DM-Castle, DM-DevilsHouse. Work well on the PS3 (My PC sucks so i cooked them 4 myself). 260mb so not bad for a mappack. The other 3 DM maps freeze on the loading screen so I am going to try again. I realize you are going to wait till the final. Excellent work though, would be incredible as a campaign. I am surprised that no one has even tried to do an alt-campaign b4. How do you switch between GTs during a campaign anyways?
    Please support the UT3 community both on the PC and PS3.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post
    I just finished to play all maps in the pack

First, I must say THX to include what me & Bl!tz suggested in B1

I'll speak overall simply because all maps as the same good & bad points.

I clearly can see a nice improvement over B1 in all maps. As for the new maps, they're visually very nice as well but suffer the same lack as the other ones...

I started to take screenshots of things that need to be fixed, but I go so many screens that I stopped. Don't take me wrong because in the visual department, all maps are uniques.

I truly think your aesthetically & modeling talents would be put to benefit if you where working on a TCMOD. I say that because if there was a single campaign in which, all maps could be put one after in another to follow a specific story, it would be truly awesome

The good points :

- Atmosphere is awesome
    - The theme, music, visuals are also awesome
    - All customs stuff is truly WOW

The bad points :

- BV are needed everywhere you DON'T want the player to go or see something that annoy immersion.

- There are huuuuuuuuuuuge space with noting in it, while just beside in another tight room / corridor you have lot's of pickups. This is bad for gameplay & flow.

- Pickups placement isn't good imho. Yes, you did made some improvements but in general it need much more planning. The risk vs reward in most case isn't there at all & in other situation, you collect ammo only in dead ends & in other case must travel 2048 uu's in to collect a single medium health placed in a tight corner !

- In mostly all maps, some of your birds flies backawrd or even in 45 degrees (that one is hard to explain sorry).

- Suggested players count isn't accurate. In some maps, you specify 2 - 14 players ??? At least, mention a minimum of more because 2 is for duel & except the new small DM, the minimum I could suggest with confidence is 8 against adept bots AI.

- As for lighting, all maps could benefit to have torches here & there. - Many areas are somehow dark which you have some difficulties to orient yourself. At least it would add some contrast & a tad of color.

- Sometimes, I had a hard time to know where to go, there is nothing to orient the players, I was going forward & just decapitate what was in front of me but if there was indications to know where the most valuable items where located, it would enhance gameplay greatly.

Keep up your excellent work my friend

Thanks steve, I am adding / removing / repairing many things here in all maps, take some pictures for me to see the points you mentioned above, and am working on BV, On some maps, one is the DM-Darker,

the idea is a TCMod is fantastic steve, even if it had new characters, some new weapons ... I have even made the whole story here with me, it would be very good campaign.

I'm also decreasing the amount of brightness in the lights in order to gain more fps, remade all lighting of the map DM-Devil'sHouse, DM-Evil and CTF-transylvania (it did win about 20 fps more in many areas) .

I wait your photos for a better analysis

see yeah bro
    Last edited by symphonyhell; 02-21-2011 at 01:37 PM.
    for more updates

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
    I agree with pretty much everything above. The atmosphere and music are incredible. I believe there was a soundtrack from SW:PM. Better in here then in that movie. I like the DMC music uses as well. DM- Castle there are some deadends with not a lot of pickups in them especially the deadend with the 6 healthvials in the windows. Annoying to get 2 and kinda pointless.

In the CTF maps the bots just will not move towards the bases. I was playing 2 against (myself) and 15mins in the bots had never got to the my flag. Maybe a UT3 thing in general. CTF-Duguen there is a half-staircase going down leaving the redbase. Players (bots) sometimes jump to the side of this staircase into the rocks to the left and get stuck there. Had to rocket myself to death.

If u are curious, CTF-Dugeon, CTF-Sanctuary, CTF-Transylvania, DM-BlackSkull, DM-Capella, DM-Castle, DM-DevilsHouse. Work well on the PS3 (My PC sucks so i cooked them 4 myself). 260mb so not bad for a mappack. The other 3 DM maps freeze on the loading screen so I am going to try again. I realize you are going to wait till the final. Excellent work though, would be incredible as a campaign. I am surprised that no one has even tried to do an alt-campaign b4. How do you switch between GTs during a campaign anyways?

euchreplayer23 thanks, I'm fan of, star wars, DMC (I must have play billions of hours ), and among other series / games / movies, I'm a fan of classical music, especially when they are dark energy and I usually get inspired listening to songs like this ...

thanks for your test on ps3, good to know that it is possible to make a version for ps3, from within the version already published, I want very soon reach the final and with it the release version for the ps3,

on the navigation of bots in CTF maps, I also see it as a general problem, even more so, I'm reviewing the maps you mentioned, such as CTF-Dugeon , DM-castle ...

see yeah bro
    Last edited by symphonyhell; 02-21-2011 at 03:35 PM.
    for more updates

God King

Oups... I don't have the files anymore. I deleted them after my post.

But if you apply the BV where you don't want players to go, you will see obvious spots you don't want the player to see.

In the CTF maps, you need to add cover (rocks, dead trees & such) so the flag carrier can use them as cover up. Now there isn't any in most CTF maps. Like the one where the flag is in front of a huge castle (your last pic in the second row in your first post). All that space in front of the castle feel empty, boring gameplay wise. This is a good example of adding BV siince you can navigate outside the play area.

Remember that you can disable translocator in your mutator list. This is something I take into consideration when I place the pickups so they must worth the risk specially powerups & armors.

Play your maps without the translocator to see where to add cover items or putting stuff in a risky spots available on foot.

I'll give another run with your next release & provide few pics that time

Many Thanks to SymphonyHell for giving me permission to make a VCTF map in a similar style to his DM-Evil Map.

[s]I am currently learning how to make my own packages and overcoming problems with other stuff [huge thanks will be in the credits for those people helping].[/s]

A extremely rough draft. [Video link below- watch in HD]

I had only spent an hour or two on this because i was awaiting the go ahead from SH.
    it is built from scratch but uses the same mesh as DM-Evil to achieve the correct style and appropriate map for the pack

Enjoy [rough as fudge, not even properly started!]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYT5DToGptQ
    Last edited by TKBS; 06-01-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Boomshot

Environment (PC)

cool for pack 3.............

Boomshot

Waiting for the final version...................

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TKBS View Post

Hey bro... nice 1
    just a tip for you is to leave the ground more destroyed, or dirt, this makes it more realistic, more congratulations for VCTF version
    for more updates

Boomshot

So this is the last map pack for UT3? seems the mod commonuty coming to a end...
    Thanks~~

* This has been on Youtube for a while if your interested, just a short view of the Acc-WIP
    [1080p blah blah blah]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHsgU4uv0KA
    ^^ This is accursed; same map, but different colour scheme and PP, and video is old
    VCTF-Evil is the Evil PP similar to SH's -

* Both come in online and offline versions
    - Online version = higher fps / Minor changes
    - Offline version = High end spec / More physics {RB content} / custom weapons and the XS_Harpy Vehicle

* Short Clip 2- E-Wip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVHlzuECXHw
    Last edited by TKBS; 08-18-2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: additional upload

Iron Guard

DM maps suffer from two issues IMO. Too many dead end rooms and forced background music.

MSgt. Shooter Person

i like this maps climat is nice and dark music is good but when i play this maps 1 hour l
    feels like after a long opera It breaks my head)>)

Boomshot

Still waiting..........

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by darksin View Post
    Still waiting..........
    is here bro
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...8#post28794678
    for more updates