Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

MSgt. Shooter Person

Exclamation "Anomaly" Project Need a Team: Recruiting Now! We take anyone whos interested!

Anomaly

Hello there, Im currently recruiting People for my game.Anyone can help even if your a begginer ill teach some things to get you on the road. I will Need the following (as many as i can get):
    Programs preferred 3ds max,Photoshop,adobe Flash(scaleform)

Modelers:weapons,architectural,humans,animals(dogs),decora tions(to fill up level).Great experience with 3D modeling programs such as ZBrush and 3ds Max and/or Maya
    Good knowledge about the import pipeline for UDK
    Experienced at character body modeling
    Experienced at creating and applying textures
    Knowledgeable about cloth modeling and implementation WE HAVE (2)
    Animators:Experiance with 3ds max preferred,well known human anatomy,Knows some FaceFX.Accustomed to exporting and importing animations to UDK
    Experienced with AnimSets and AnimTrees in UDK
    Knowledgeable with MotionBuilder and/or similar software

Scripter:A person that is dedicated to script, if you enjoy it this is perfect for you. Knows how to script basic AI, knows how to code weapons and so on.We have (2) Scripters And Programmers

Concept Artist:expirenced artist,can design levels and reflect them, on a paper.

Level Designer:Me,but i could use someon else,somone that has a passion for designing things. Has to know what a balanced level is. A bad looking level and good gameplay is crap, we need good looking level and good gameplay.Great knowledge about level creation in the Unreal Editor
    Great knowledge about level design (such as choking points)
    Being able to create asymmetrical maps
    Being able to design vertically and overlapping, truly non-flat 3D maps
    Being able to design according to player movement metrics
    Being able to design with competitiveness in mind We have 2 level Designers

Programmer:I dont even have to stress this, if you are interested in programming,the whole game revolves around you,WE can use as many as we can.Knows at least the basic of C++ or another usefull language.WE need you prgrammers!Knowledgeable about the Unreal Networking Architecture Experienced at network coding Experienced with UnrealScript. We have (2)

Cascade Master:Well experienced with Unreal Cascade Well experienced with creating particles
    Being able to create sprites to be used for particles
    Basic 3D modeling experience WE HAVE 1

Technical Artist:Being able to read and write HLSL
    Being able to recreate shaders with the material editor
    Good knowledge about post processes and shaders
    Good knowledge about the Unreal Material Instance Editor WE have 1 WE have 1

WE ARE IN NEED OF A TEXTURE ARTIST
    Somone with artistical talents. SOmone that can make very nice textures for many meshes. Experniced with Photoshop.Somone Dedicated to making hi res textures.PLOTAnomaly_Main

Plot: In a little town of Hunson, New York. One man Arkanos lives happily in his tiny house. One day Russia strikes Europe, Africa and Asia, starting a nuclear war. All hell breaks loose. War rages nations collapse, militia overtakes the government. The United States hasn’t been overthrown but soon the New Russia (Asia, Europe, Africa) are planning an attack against the states. Rumors of an H-Bomb so powerful it could blank out North America out of the face of the Earth. Arkanos’ town gets wrecked by an airstrike. Hunson was wrecked. Arkanos tries to find any survivors; he heads to a radio broadcast station. He finds out the US has been over flooded by the Russians. He also hears a broadcast of a resistance group located North of Hunson, It’s an Army base. He decides to head there. He needed protection for his journey. He gets all geared up in a nearby Firearms Depot. Just as he leaves the store he gets ambushed by the Russians. He survives. He heads on. Many days later after fighting; he reaches the base. They welcome him. The place is filled of blood and depression that he is terrorized by the site. Commander Samar, informs him of their main goal. Their goal is to head to the core of Russia and locate their Nuclear Facility and sabotage the attack. All 500,000 men agree to risk their lives to save their loved ones. They head to the Docks and sail in the USS Barracuda. They head to Russia and their Journey begins. Arkanos wasn’t just the survivor in Hunson because he was lucky; the prophecy of him bringing peace to the worlds had to be accomplished. Arkanos was an Anomaly…..
    Setting :so you guys can get an idea, a POST APOCALYTIC Setting,wreacked,destroyed assets.
    IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PM or Email me at mike21398@hotmail.com Tell me what position you would like to have and give me some background or even better a portfolio. Thanks, I
    Remeber you will be part of the family once you join. I will treat you as family. Im out
    Portfolio:http://xxmiggixx13.carbonmade.com/
    Last edited by xxmiggixx; 03-05-2011 at 12:29 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have 1 3ds max EDUCATIONAL liscnese that i can give to my modeler.

MSgt. Shooter Person

3ds max educational license is free for all students. I don't think that's a fair offer.
    "If the plain sense makes good sense seek no other sense; otherwise it could result in nonsense."

MSgt. Shooter Person

It's nice to see how many people that use my recruitment post as a template!

MSgt. Shooter Person

I didnt want to make it sound like an offer, i just wanted to let people know becuase what is they are not students or if they dont want to go nasd register for some reason, i just wanted to mak ea statement thats all

MSgt. Shooter Person

Anyone interested? Please if your interested PM me.

PM Sent

MSgt. Shooter Person

I love your work i like the atmosphere you have, thats EXCATLY what im looking for. Well its your descision i would like you to be part of my team do you want to?

MSgt. Shooter Person

What about gameplay mechanics? The story means nothing if it isn't fun to play...is it just another fps where you shoot russians?

MSgt. Shooter Person

In the category of gameplay mechanics its not just shooting russians.For example let say your low on ammo and their is about 50 russians in a mansion, so you can go both ways try to kill them one by one OR use your brain and look up and theres a big chandelier, so what could be the reasonable thing to do is shoot it and drop it on them. I dont want to make a simple "shooting" game i want to make a game that you have to find certain things to advance the level. Not a very hard thinking game but common thinking. As the game comes along we'll know how to organize this. THat was my main thinnking, "not a simple shooting game. THank Octo for bringing that up. And are you interested?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KioryFreeman3

I don't think a chandelier would kill 50 Russians in one go :P

I do get what your saying though, you should play Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, what you have explained of your gameplay sounds a lot like what was used in this game, using the environment against your enemies, was good fun!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well it was an example. And yes o enjoyed dark messiah. THanks uhm by any chance are you interested.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KioryFreeman3

Unfotunetely not, I'm heading my own team with our own ideas, as is everyone else on here it seems. :P

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yes indeed, this isnt easy at all

MSgt. Shooter Person

Spots still open,anyone is welcome PM me.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Anyone, we need a programmer. Please PM me

MSgt. Shooter Person

We are in needs of modelers. PM me or email me at mike21398@hotmail.com

Think you should space out the first post, cant read it without my eyes hurting

MSgt. Shooter Person

Done i edited

MSgt. Shooter Person

Still recruiting EMAIL ME AT mike21398@hotmail.com

MSgt. Shooter Person

Remeber even if you arent a MASTER of a program contact me!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Weve got a 3d artist!

MSgt. Shooter Person

MSgt. Shooter Person

MSgt. Shooter Person

Still recruiting!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JarroRussianGuy

Still recruiting, yeah !
    Last edited by WHO?!; 13-32-2001 at 06:61 AMPM. Reason: Blew up the signature

MSgt. Shooter Person

WHat the hell man,why you hijacking our thread.

What experience does the leader or even members have?

MSgt. Shooter Person

They are either in college getting their Bachelor's degree or already graduated.
    I have been involved in Games and Game Development for almost a year. I know 3ds Max,Maya, Zbrush,Photoshop. I know basic C++,Unreal Script, and HTML. I sometimes Multi-task, example,somedays i make some meshes,then i make textures,then i would Design Levels.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by xxmiggixx View Post
    They are either in college getting their Bachelor's degree or already graduated.
    I have been involved in Games and Game Development for almost a year. I know 3ds Max,Maya, Zbrush,Photoshop. I know basic C++,Unreal Script, and HTML. I sometimes Multi-task, example,somedays i make some meshes,then i make textures,then i would Design Levels.
    I know all of those tools too... but that doesnt mean im any good with them or could use them to a acceptable standard

I think you need to provide people with a bit more information on your background and skills.
    You've mentioned you know HTML, but your website is a preset template with stock images...
    You've also stated your role as the Level Designer and that you can do 3D work, but youve not posted any examples...

one of the First Lines in your post state "This is not one of those half finished projects"...
    You cannot pull out a line like this without throwing out some facts about yourself and previous work. Anyone can say "this is not a project that will never happen", so you need to back it up with proof that you actually have finished projects before.

Additionally... the Concept Art you posted is just....awful. and thats me being nice! A 10 year old could put together better art...
    i mean... seriously... it must have taken you like 5 minutes to put those together? is that the kind of commitment you have to the project?
    And the worst part is that once again stated you know about a tool (photoshop), but completely avoided using it when you need to....
    Which only leads me to think that, your knowledge is very minimal in all the "skills" youve stated. And beyond knowing their names and what they are used for, you generally have no idea how to use them.

I probably sound a bit dickish. but its the harsh reality, and im just putting it out there for you (im surprised no one else has bothered making a helpful post).

So my advice:
    Learn a Skill. Become very good at either Programming/UnrealScript or 3D Art.

and then You need to
    A) put atleast a few hours into each Concept drawing, or
    B) hire a concept artist do a small amount of work for you.

Then after a couple of months re-bump this thread with some real good sample images/facts/blabla.

If you genuinly believe in your idea, and that you can pull this project off, Then you should have no doubts in investing a little time or money!

//just my two cents, hope it helps
    [edit: re-reading my post, i do come across as a ****. but im just trying to be helpful]
    Last edited by Wagman; 02-24-2011 at 08:27 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I put up some concept art,i drew this by hand, and as a result they arent good. The last two were the first ones i made,they look bad. Btw I hope you like them
    Still Hiring!

MSgt. Shooter Person

I put up some concept art,i drew this by hand, and as a result they arent good. The last two were the first ones i made,they look bad. Btw I hope you like them
    Still Hiring!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Still recruiting!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Still recruiting!

MSgt. Shooter Person

INterested? COntact ME!!1

MSgt. Shooter Person

Bumppp stilll recruiting

MSgt. Shooter Person

Bumppp stilll recruiting

MSgt. Shooter Person

thnks i accept critics,and thank you for being honest, i have a portfolio im working , but the things i want to put in my portfolio, have to look the best, i just dont want to put any render or picture that i have. But thanks. I ll work on my portfolio and ill be back better than ever!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by xxmiggixx View Post
    thnks i accept critics,and thank you for being honest, i have a portfolio im working , but the things i want to put in my portfolio, have to look the best, i just dont want to put any render or picture that i have. But thanks. I ll work on my portfolio and ill be back better than ever!
    no problem, glad you took it the right way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast