Default Control schemes.

Please add in the ability to customize the control schemes. I have played the demo and the current ones really don't have the setup I would like to play with. I don't understand why games which have so much going for them overlook this little detail that many other games have.

While I don't have a problem playing with the default setup, I would like to be able to make the controls work for me and not have to adjust to something else.

If customization is out of the question, here's basically what I'd like:

R1: Fire
    R2: Charge Shot
    L1: Aim
    L2: Leash
    X: Climb/Use (or since that's tied into run.. another run button.)
    O: Crouch
    □: Reload
    Δ: Weapon Swap
    R3: Boot
    L3: Run
    Up: Weapon select (up)
    Down: Weapon select (down)
    Left: Weapon select (left)
    Right: Weapon select (right)

MSgt. Shooter Person

why don't shooters do what timesplitters did and let you choose the action for each individual button? A list of actions performable and a list of the buttons. Cycle through until you get what you want.
    Avid supporter of RuneStorms "Ballistic Weapons" mod.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)o This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Well, the thing I find interesting is that usually the PC versions of shooter games have the customizable controls, so I can get everyone working the way I'd like to, but the consoles are almost always left out in the cold. I will still be getting the game, I'll still be enjoying the game, but the wish for this is still there.

Skaarj

Did you go through all of the alternate controls in the demo cuz I could have sworn I saw something that was what you want. It seems like that packed alot of option in alternate southpaw etc but I do agree with the_spelunker it would alleviate alot of stress if developers just let you fully customize controls. I like the default xbox configuration but the DS3 triggers suck so I can see why they changed that. It just sucks that the only good use my DS3 triggers I bought are seeing is for racing games.

Default Controls ?

When using the Southpaw Stick Layout the run button is useless due to it akward placement. Plz change it so it's more functional like Crouch to R3 & Run on L3 or something so it not on the same side has Move when using the Southpaw stick layout.

Skaarj

A fully customizable control scheme should be added since running and sliding on the same button doesn't make any sense.
    Netherlands

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tactical Burst

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SPELUNKER View Post
    why don't shooters do what timesplitters did and let you choose the action for each individual button? A list of actions performable and a list of the buttons. Cycle through until you get what you want.
    Maybe because the QA (testers) would be required to test the 10 000 different possibilities rather than testing way more important things.

I guess that's a compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrage View Post
    Maybe because the QA (testers) would be required to test the 10 000 different possibilities rather than testing way more important things.

I guess that's a compromise.
    Q&A should be spending some time to make sure all the control schemes r functional before launch because using Southpaw stick layout makes the run / slide button nearly unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerStefan View Post
    A fully customizable control scheme should be added since running and sliding on the same button doesn't make any sense.
    I don't see any issue w that... since u hold X to run & double tap X to slide, having it seperate wouldn't work if u wanna run & slide smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by SlaveSpawn View Post
    I don't see any issue w that... since u hold X to run & double tap X to slide, having it seperate wouldn't work if u wanna run & slide smoothly.
    The other option could be to do what COD:BO did and make it a combination.
    Like R3 to run and press X during the run to slide.
    But you're right: the X button would be pretty meaningless by itself.
    Unless it was a jump button, of course...

MSgt. Shooter Person

i like the controls except for the jump button deing the same as the run and slide button if they made him automaticaly jump over barriers while sliding would greatly improve that issue though and make sliding seem more seamless.

every game should have fully customisable controls
    also any news on mouse and keyboard opton for ps3?

MSgt. Shooter Person

This should be standard. I think all console games should support customizable controls, even allowing custom keyboard and mouse controls. It's kept me from buying dozens of games that I otherwise would have bought.

This and not having the option to turn off the hud really bug me.