Default Cloth menu in skeletal mesh window

I've been searching the forums and internet extensively but can't find the answer to a problem I am having.

Basically, I want to know what the cloth menus in the skeletal mesh window are for. I've tried adding the bones of my custom character that I want to be simulated as cloth (the bones that are skinned to the character's cloak). The cloth simulation shows in the editor window but when I start the game the mesh is completely static.

I've seen the nvidia videos and read a lot about making cloaks as separate meshes attached by sockets but I just don't understand why it doesn't work as one mesh with specified cloth bones - which these menus seem to suggest is possible.

Anyone used this method successfully or knows of a tutorial which details getting a custom character with cloth parts into udk?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have been searching and wanting to know as well! so if you find out let me know!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well did you set up the cloth correctly, both in the skeletonal mesh editer and the placed acter itself? (correct settings, alive on start, ect)