Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ok, thanks for the coment about the illegal or not illegal actions.

anyway. I wrote to konami this mornig. I hope that they dont get me into the prision now!!!

thanks anyway!

I can only find 4/7 of the bug pieces.

One on the Stairs
    One in the Bathtub
    One on the TV
    One in the Cabinet, in the room with the bug puzzle.

You need to change the buttons for the keyboard/mouse.:

*You cannot hold Q and use all of the WSAD buttons. Rather make it leftshift or spacebar.
    *Right click doesn't skip dialogue as mentioned in the readme, I have to use ESC. Why not make left click also skip dialogue?

Why not bring up a picture before the intro to show the keyboard layout? You could then for example assign button "L" for something like "restartlevel" (which is a useful console command for when you die)
    And maybe another button, maybe ESC to exit the game.

This way you wouldn't have to create an entire menu system yet.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: makipolska

The easiest UI scene editor have been deleted I think that's why there's no menu

4/7? ummm.. you must look properly! hehehehe, ok.. only one clue.

you must look in the windows.

see you!

and yes, I will bring up a picture before the intro to show the keyboard layout. In the next chapter I will make that and properly animation to run and anothers mistakes...

see you!
    Last edited by titobruni; 02-08-2011 at 02:29 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xXOMJXx

Quote Originally Posted by TheAgent View Post
    Misdemeanor and felony charges only pertain to actions done outside the scope of technical ownership meaning if you steal a candy or make too much noise you will be charged with a misdemeanor, if you trash someones house or steal a car that's a felony however, if you rip content or steal from others than that's only one kind of illegal no matter how small.

That's the kind of Nation we live in
    That was what I was trying to get across, things can be considered less illegal, but not in the case of copyright stuff.

And i know right? Three levels of theft, three or four levels of murder, but all illegal copyright actions are of equal illegality. Crazy.

Anyway, I might try this out sometime soon (if I can convince my conscience to allow it. xD).

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xXOMJXx

Quote Originally Posted by titobruni View Post
    ok, thanks for the coment about the illegal or not illegal actions.

anyway. I wrote to konami this mornig. I hope that they dont get me into the prision now!!!

thanks anyway!
    Oh, you won't get prisontime for this. Just a simple C & D letter that will control the fate of your financial wellbeing. If you choose to cooperate with Konami and listen to the letter, you will keep your house, family, car, money, etc.

But if you ignore the letter you will be hit with a rather heavy lawsuit that could bankrupt you for the rest of your life.

Thats only if they don't like what your doing.

ok joshhx. I'm more relaxed now... thanks.

note: konami dont write me yet... like mary said: I´ll be waiting... in my special place!

see you!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Konami:
    Code:
    Dear Konami Customer,

Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support. Unfortunately, we cannot assist you in this matter as we only provide support for North/South American (NTSC) released titles. We regret to inform you that you will need to contact Konami of Europe regarding your request, as they are in charge of the games distributed in your area.

Their website is: http://uk.konami-europe.com/gamesAll.do or you can contact them by phone at: +44 (0) 20 8987 5730.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

KDE-US Support

Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 9:00AM to 5:00PM PST
    WUT? ARGH..... Weird, if I'm from Europe, I can't ask US konami, about legality, roflmao. BTW. I went to konami.com, I didn't know that was a only for 'non-europe- customers. Writing again. ;/

Ps, wroted to UK konami support
    Last edited by MaKiPL; 02-09-2011 at 03:40 AM.

dont worry, i wrote to konami europe... but, they dont write me yet!

see you!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Code:
    Dear customer,

Thank you very much for contacting the Konami customer support team.

Regrettably, we have to inform you that this email address is for online related technical
    support only, and are therefore unable to assist you with your inquiry.  

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Best regards,

Your Konami Support Team

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH
    Berner Str. 103-105
    60437 Frankfurt am Main
    Germany

Local Court of Frankfurt am Main: HRB Nr. 24990
    Managing Director: Kunio Neo, Fumiaki Tanaka
    WUT?
    Whatever, titobruni, continue making episodes and make full walkthrough for ep1

Iron Guard

To be fair MaKiPL, you probably emailed tech-support, not the legal department, which is where you need to be
    Tech-support people hardly know anything when it comes to legal matters.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Konami legal support or main legal support?

Iron Guard

Konami of course, they would know the most about this sort of question regarding their IP.

hi friends. konami dont write me yet... but, if his email is the same that the other friend... welll i will continue...

see you!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Any updates?. New chapter. ChapterI walktrought?

nothing at the moment. be patient please.

see you!

walktrought?

Come on! It´s not dificult... well maybe its dificult to find the bug´s seven parts, but i think that the videogames today are too easy... I remember the past videogames. When I played in my spectrum!!

Come on, If you want see the red room, you must work.

See you!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JarroRussianGuy

I a little bit dislike all-known games remakes on UDK. If you want to show yourself, to make something YOUR (not remake of old ideas), just change the model of the player and a tittle, add your colors to this world, no nothing new allowed in the remakes of an old...
    Last edited by WHO?!; 13-32-2001 at 06:61 AMPM. Reason: Blew up the signature

this is not a remake, it´s only a fan game! silent hill 2 is my favorite videogame in the world, and i would like work some day in a official videogame in the serie...

while, i continue learning in the videogame creation with this proyect!

see you and thanks for the comments

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Ok, good luck 8)

hi friends!

thanks for your comments and support legal!

well, i wrote to konami 2 weeks ago, but they dont respond too...
    i am waiting! like mary! but they dont say me anithing.

if they say me now sotp, i will stopi it... but while, i continue working in this fan game. i can see in internet a lot of games about mario, sonic, batman, etc... making by others fans, like me!

well its the same, is it?

while, i want to leave the second chapter: the lake!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/silent-hil...er-ii-the-lake

please, try it and comment every details that you want.
    thanks again! and sorry my english!

i am wrote to konami europe support (spanish delegation) again and angelo badalamenti manager too. i hope that they coment something and dont get me to prision for this!

and now i want to write akira yamaoka, but i can see any mail or official page about him.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Akira Yamaoka couldn't help that much since hes the composer of the silent hill soundtracks and since last year not releated to the silent hill series anymore. Konami or Team Silent dont like conversions of old SH Titles so im sure you wont be that lucky after you get an answer from Konami.

But to be honest i like what you have done so far and you should not stop! Redesign it build a new story give it a different name and you're on your way.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Many people just uses the same atmosphere and even models, textures, maps (but it must look different), and just replace the main name and you can do the same because your game not so big because you haven't any huge fanbase(for now?) to be a big 'problem' for Konami.

ey friends! i am uploading the new demo of chapter one: SANATORIUM.

i added to Pyramid Head, but i cannot get play his animation when James is near... well, now, if you touch him, you dead... be carefull with him them...

now its updated in new version:

enemies AI
    pulish anims
    light effects
    i had added a intro video
    propper traslate (i think...),
    new sounds effects and more...

while uploading demo, some pictures...

MSgt. Shooter Person

You should definitely rework the Main-Menu! Its a pain to figure out how to start the game. I've randomly clicked around anywhere i can and nothing happened, theirs no mouse-pointer and hammering the escape button seems to lead to a point of no return. A simple Start Chapter Button would be enough!

hi friends!

I uploaded the new chapter: Laura´s Song

You can play with Laura now! see you!
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BMOXQ3J2

Hi, this game looks real nice in the screenshots.

Did you work on this game by yourself?

yes! i am alone!

thanks!

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: snizzy101

Default hey

this is good work and i dont think its legal lol you could ask koonami

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is pretty astounding work, especially considering you did this all on your own. My first choice for a UDK project was also a Silent Hill game, albeit with an original protagonist/storyline. How long have you spent on this project?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PSN: ShurikenUK

Look, I couldn't care less whether this is illegal or not, it looks great, plus its a continuation of the best horror game ever made (not the scariest, but the best), and thats all that matters to me.

Godspeed man, and good luck! I cant wait till you release the first episode!

Edit: I just saw your Batman game aswell. Im not a fan of the series, but the graphical style is great. I like how you implemented a survival horror style item & adventure system aswell
    Last edited by shuriken88; 07-26-2011 at 12:33 AM.
    There is no religion except that of Music. There is no god, except that of your own will to create music.
    -Ancient Texts of Truth

MSgt. Shooter Person

Man, your game looks astonishing as I am also a fan of this game. Apart from being illegal or legal, Konami is remaking Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 as HD for PS3. Contact them, convince them, and get your game into these remakes somehow. I hope they will not behave as retards and will allow you to participate in there or I will never ever buy any Konami game again.

Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin View Post
    Contact them, convince them, and get your game into these remakes somehow. I hope they will not behave as retards and will allow you to participate in there or I will never ever buy any Konami game again.
    Let's face it, that's not going to happen [I can't tell if you're serious but it looks like it], for one this project - no matter the quality - isn't legal.

Iron Guard

Yup and yup.. It seems backwards smoetimes how tenacious these guys hold onto even the more obscure IP's, but something as big as Silent Hill they'll be even more anal with. Is the way it is.. That aside, kudos on this project it is really great work you've done here
    ~Ryan Wiancko - Producer
    Ironbelly Studios -
    AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
    UDK Developer & Service Provider(2D,3D,UI,Animation,VFX,Audio,Code) for PC, Console and Mobile
    Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ironbellystudios

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PSN: ShurikenUK

Hey is this guy still working on the project? Are you there man!? I hope you finish this one day, I cant wait to play it! Ignore the nay-sayers. Dont let them discourage or dishearten you by saying "Nooo you cant do this, its illegal", "Its good to see a UDK horror game, but NOT in this way", "Konami will burn you at the steak, salt the earth, then defecate on it".

Forget all that crap mate, I'll support this project all the way. I've been doing a lot of 3D models recently, if you want any help, let me know, I'd be glad to take part. I do a HELL of a lot of sound-design and music production too, which I'd be happy to contribute. I'm not afraid to do something illegal, Im a ganja-man. unless its something major like killing some1 or burglary! I wont kill anyone for you. I know the new Silent Hill 6 is going to be rubbish. IMO Konami were complete idiots to sell the rights to another dev, who then sold it to an even worse dev... SH6 looks like a pile of crap so far, I'd take your SH2.2 over SH6 any day of the week.
    There is no religion except that of Music. There is no god, except that of your own will to create music.
    -Ancient Texts of Truth

MSgt. Shooter Person

Pro-tip for Copyright laws:

Copyright infringement in court is mostly about whether you've damaged their product's ability to make money. When you give away something for free and claim it's non-commercial, that can be deemed as worse, not better if it harms them more. See existing cases in most countries that follow the Berne Convention and you will realize just how risky it is to create fan-fiction that's unapproved.

If people are saying they'd rather play your game than purchase the next Silent Hill, that's a red flag.

I think what confuses people is that some companies just let it slide, or outright allow for fan-derived works, because it can promote them. That's also a Trademark issue, because if they see it the other way around: That your fan story is different from theirs and spoils theirs (lack of quality or just different storyline) you may have Trademark damages on top of Copyright damages. I think that's short-sighted of them, but it's the difference between laws and common sense sometimes.

I do admire your bravery. If you're in doubt over whether the IP owner would approve, you are placing yourself in a very risky situation.

Besides, there are tons of derivative works out there and most people complain that everything is all the same. Why not make something unique and original instead? There's good work here, it'd be a shame to see it wasted.
    Last edited by Rogdor; 11-30-2011 at 06:54 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

but is. free is ... illegal only if u sell it...!

Palace Guard

No, it's not.

If your argument was true, then it would mean that every single copyright violation that happens on YouTube, Pirate Bay and torrenting sites would all be legal because everythin is free.

And regardless of that, UDK EULA forbids you from using other people's copyrights etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12