Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Boomshot

VEHICLE UT3 Viper Beta 3

Name: UT3 Viper

Version: Beta 3

Compatibility: Unreal Tournament 2004 latest patch (Doesn't work with UT2003 since there are no vehicles).

Description: The Viper is the fastest moving vehicle on any battlefield. The Viper is lightly armored adn somewhat less agilen than similar Axon counterparts, but it compensates for this with one of the most destructive attacks of all Necris vehicles. It can literally launch itself at a target, converting all its momentum and power into a single armor-penetrating impact. As the Viper rises into the air, two articulated stabilizers unfurl to reveal the anti-gravity fuel cell that controls vehicle movement. It momentarilt hoers while it lock on to a traget, then simultaneously ejects its pilot and launches itself foward with fully destructive intention. Its conventional armament includes front-mounted cannons that launch spheres of rebounding plasmid energy. They are not particularly lethal, but thier high rate of fire and ability to ricochet around corners akes them effective nevertheless.
    Comments: I hope you enjoy Beta 3, it still needs some things envolving visuals, but that's all if no bugs are found.

Screenshot:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Strafe Left.
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Strafe Right.
    Glide.
    Self-Destruct.

Credits: 100GPing100(José Luís) for the coding, The UT2004 Community for their precious help, without them this would be just a project. UnrealLoco helped with the animations, but that code never got released. Still credits to him too, thank you all.

HomePage: NA

Download:
    (NOTE: You are allowed to create more mirrors, but keep the .zip file unchanged)
    (Beta 3)
    » Reduce general sound volume.
    » Increased angle at which you can aim down.
    » Added AIInfo to the Viper's weapon.
    » Fixed driver's position.
    » Added turn sound.
    » Reduced strafe animation tween speed.

(Beta 2)
    » Full reprogram.
    » Added ability to glide.
    » Added new sounds.
    » Added new animations.
    » Redone jump system.
    » Improved self-destruct system.
    » Added online replication for the eject ready sound.
    » Stopped animation and glide code from running when not needed.
    » Fixed playing sounds from stopping others.
    » Fixed the "Enter vehicle" bug.
    » Created mechanics for the projectile.

(Beta 1)*
    » First release.

Mirrors:
    (Beta 1)
    UTZone
    - Sly.

*These versions are marked as NON ONLINE RECOMMENDED since they will cause VERSION MISMATCH.

God King

Why are the sounds *.wav files?

EDIT: The results of a quick test on Suspense:
    It's hard to enter it, you have to jump on the cabin and then you have to press use. Bots don't have any problems to enter it though.

It hovers too far above the ground and still has the Manta hover emitter below its chassis.

Looks like the strafing animations are missing (it should tilt over to the direction it is hovering/strafing to and the "wings" move up or down, depending on the direction).

The projectiles don't have trails and a glow effect like the original ones (should be orange).
    Btw, is this the original projectile?

The controls feel a bit strange right now (maybe it's because of the missing animations ) but I guess you're going to fix this sooner or later.

The 2k4 driving animation.
    But I have an idea how to "fix" this: There are some taunt animations which look like this pose when you pause at the right moment. I think if you take such an animation (+ fly so that the legs are a bit bent) and pause it and rotate the pawn so that it looks like it is driving it then it would be perfect. If you like I can name some fitting animations and show some screens (remember the UT girls pyramid? When I have been bored and made this then I used taunt animations for these "realistic" looking poses ) but then it'd be up to you to find the right frame (was it called like that?). Oh and of course you'd have to make it so that you can still headshot the pawn out of the vehicle
    Last edited by Sly.; 01-23-2011 at 01:31 PM.
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

Boomshot

Well, they were imported with the .uc files to the .u file, they are just there if you want to recompile, you don't need them to play. You can see the ReadMe file it says it there.

Edit: All the things you refered there are in my TODO list, I only wanted to finish the Hover high in the air thing for the self destruct system. I only released it to get some feedback on what should be done, so thanks for your feedback, it was what I wanted mate

Maybe i'll skip the hover high in the air thing and make the rest first.

God King

Ah ok.
    Btw, if you didn't see my edit yet then you should take a look at it. Some feedback

PS: Good job on that!
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

Boomshot

Ye I saw it, I edited my post too

Going to take care of the Projectile emitters and a bug that it has.

God King

Quote Originally Posted by 100GPing100 View Post
    That's concept art, not a screenshot

Boomshot

Images do not happear o0 It may be because of my internet being very slow today. Say something if you don not see any screenshots

God King

Screenshot:
    You have to use a direct link (right mouse button on image->show image, use this link).
    Btw, you should reupload the screenshots as jpegs because png's take long to load.
    And use SHOT tags for big screenshots

PS: Going to upload it to UTzone, maybe you'll get some more feedback. Will post a translation of any feedback since it's a German site
    Last edited by Sly.; 01-23-2011 at 03:04 PM.

S l y .

God King

Seems like it could take a while until I can post a link here. After uploading the file I wanted to add some screenshots and then something strange happened (could have been a crash). So I'll have to wait until I know if the file has been submitted or not (the admins at UTzone usually check the files first before they approve them).

S l y .

Boomshot

Looks great. Rated thread 5 stars Congrats buddy.
    -Smart bombs, position guided armaments; a more sophisticated way to end up dead
    -On this day, I decide to anoint my fists; engaging them in the mode of power and war
    wut?

God King

Still nothing. They didn't approve the file yet. I guess they're pretty busy with real life right now

S l y .

Redeemer

Awesome work. Will kick ass when it's complete.
    Edit: What I forgot: How did you get the sounds out of the game as .wav? I thought they can't be extracted...
    Last edited by Baryonyx; 01-24-2011 at 12:02 PM.
    Béla Andràs Benedek Voicepack
    Anthony Cole Voicepack (both are Characters from the real-time strategy game "Paraworld") New mirrors thanks to Tux Android!

Extended Robot Voice

God King

S l y .

Boomshot

Well barionyx, I downloaded an app that is called oggextract.exe and it extracted the ogg files from the pack, and then I converted them to .wav with AbleMP3, as you see they are extractable

Edit: Also thanks Sly.

Redeemer

I see, thanks. And would it be okay if I upload your Viper to Levels4you aswell?
    Anthony Cole Voicepack (both are Characters from the real-time strategy game "Paraworld") New mirrors thanks to Tux Android!

Extended Robot Voice

Redeemer

Tadaa!
    Here is the L4Y link!

Extended Robot Voice

Boomshot

No screenshot, and the self destruct system is implemented, but is still a bit difrent, need the HOver high in the air thing for it to be the same

Redeemer

Err... I put a screenshot in the upload form, maybe I should go PM Duke and ask about it.
    The self destruct... I thought you had problems with that? And when I launched the viper up in-game it did not show any special attack option or is that hidden? I could get that changed aswell though.

Extended Robot Voice

Boomshot

You need to jump and 1 sec after you jump if you press the altfire button you activate it

You can also just be just pressing the alt fire (you press the altfire, it jumps and then keep pressing the button) and it will selfdetruct as soon as possible

Redeemer

The description is updated, the pic should be fixed soon aswell.

Extended Robot Voice

God King

You need to jump and 1 sec after you jump if you press the altfire button you activate it

You can also just be just pressing the alt fire (you press the altfire, it jumps and then keep pressing the button) and it will selfdetruct as soon as possible
    This killed me. First I thought it was the self destruction (like the UT3 Scorpion self destruction bug which kills you) but then I took a look at the death message in the lower left corner and read: "Sly. killed himself with a Flak shell" or something like that. lol, I guess I pressed alt. fire way too often

S l y .

Redeemer

Err, if you mean what is visible on the download site itself - that is just the thumbnail. Click on it to see a larger version. If you did that and still think it is blurred - well that might be because I had to convert it into .jpg because .pngs cannot be handled by the site as it seems. If you want I ask Duke about it again but I think it can't be better...

Extended Robot Voice

Boomshot

I was talking about the tumbnail xD The larger version is a bit blurry too, but that is no problem, we can still see what needs to be seen

Boomshot

If there is a way to keep an animation playing until the projectile gets destroyed, I can make an animation f it spining in 3DSMax.

God King

Isn't it possible to set the movement to bFixedRotation and set the rotation rate in the default properties?
    This way you wouldn't need animations for the projectile.

S l y .

Boomshot

It may be, currently Unrealloco is working on it, I would do it here at my PC, but he has the latest files.

Boomshot

Its rotating, It works, now only need to had this to the code unrealloco will give me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast