Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Warning about the update

It seems as though some people think the update will actually add many hours of gameplay. It probably will but only if you're gonna play multiplayer. Considering what we have in v1.0, there can only be so much new content. I wouldn't expect more than 20 new items, 3 new areas, and 3 new monsters.

I'm not saying the update is gonna suck. I don't want to see a flood of complaints from those who were already disappointed about how short the game is when the update is released.

Why even release an update if it's so negligible. I'd rather have an expansion pack we pay for that explains the hologram of the world and perhaps involves an entirely new castle's worth of gameplay. I also expect the combat system needs big change for the PvP to make sense. Both people waiting to dodge or parry makes no sense.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Uhhh because it's FREE? And for those of us who really like the game, it will help to make it last longer for us? And it's a great gesture?

Geez. This is an IPHONE GAME. What are you expecting? The kind of pewp that Gameloft churns out every month is not great ultra-casual gaming.
    Visit us at BeyondUnreal!
    And for a cultured and mature Unreal Engine community, try our forums!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tim Tam Slam

Good call on lowering the expectations. The game has amazing potential. I can't believe how many hours I have put into this game already with just walking around the same area, lol. I'm hoping that the story gets pushed further along, in one way or another.

Level cap increased to what, 45 or 50?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cant complain, MP only would be a huge update, but there will be more items, more enemys and a new world for... free!

i know 10 or more games wich costs more then 5€ where every little dlc costs 2-3€ for ONE new charakter or map.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
    Uhhh because it's FREE? And for those of us who really like the game, it will help to make it last longer for us? And it's a great gesture?

Geez. This is an IPHONE GAME. What are you expecting? The kind of pewp that Gameloft churns out every month is not great ultra-casual gaming.
    You misunderstand. Who would think a free update is a bad thing? I like the game as it is in terms of content, although I did complain several days ago. I was talking to those people who were enormously dissatisfied with the length of the game and believe the update will resolve it. They wish the game were at least twice as long, and obviously the update won't/can't be that large.

MSgt. Shooter Person

there will be everytime somebody who is dissapointing about the content.

Thats the way of life.

So dont worry.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yup, updates will come one after another and we will never be satisfied, cuz we will eventually get bored of watt we will have

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by akstylish View Post
    You misunderstand. Who would think a free update is a bad thing? I like the game as it is in terms of content, although I did complain several days ago. I was talking to those people who were enormously dissatisfied with the length of the game and believe the update will resolve it. They wish the game were at least twice as long, and obviously the update won't/can't be that large.
    I wasn't responding to you, I was responding to the second post.
    Visit us at BeyondUnreal!
    And for a cultured and mature Unreal Engine community, try our forums!