MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Polycount Beat-'em-up Challenge

There are many teams out there doing exciting things with UDK. One of the cool things we recently saw was the Beat-Em-Up Challenge on Polycount.

From the rules Polycount.com:
    For this challenge you will be creating an environment for a side-scroller beat-em-up!

This will be a 3D environment created for today’s console, PC or arcade market. Since this is a challenge, you will not be creating an environment from pre-existing ‘beat-em-up’ but rather you are responsible for designing and creating an original environment. That’s not to say, however, that your environment cannot be inspired by existing games.
    Here at Epic we are amazed at the quality that some of the applicants managed to create in just a few weeks and wanted to share these with the rest of the UDK community.

These are just a few of the incredible levels done in UDK for this challenge:

Vincent Mayeur : ParoXum:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Chris Holden : cholden:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Kryon Gray : Kysterama:

Nate Broach : Skeptical Nate and Loren Broach : Keen:

Congrats to the winner and to all who competed, you guys really did a great job!

You can download and check out their work here: http://download.udk.com/showcase/Polycount.zip Remember this work was done in a short period of time with the goal of producing a short video and a screen shot, not necessarily representing best-practices or even the full extent of what the talented artists are capable of. It has not been tested on multiple versions of UDK, just the one that each artist used.
    Last edited by Pauliver; 12-07-2010 at 08:54 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great stuff. Some very nice artwork in there Congrats!
    ╗ Team Friendship (UDK 4P co-op) "Like" our Facebook Page for dev-blog updates
    Audio Tours Australia - MP3 walking tours of Australia

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gh0stfac3killa4

Awesome. As a moderator and fellow Polycounter this is super awesome to see these guys that took part in this getting a major shout out from you guys at Epic.

Thanks a ton!

Paul,

Thank you so much for doing this service to the community. I know all these guys worked hard, and appreciate such a great response.

Folks can find a few more images and a video of my entry from this thread.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=748632

Thanks again!

MSgt. Shooter Person

The small backyard one looks simply amazing
    www.evilmrfrank.com
    -----------------------

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks for sharing Pauliver!

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: prophet64 PSN ID: Piranhi

I'm with Frank, I've been staring at that screenshot now for a good ten minutes in awe. I wish their were more environmental artists of the quality found in this competition.

Congratulations to all of you.
    Level Designer on UE4 Title - Fable: Legends.
    http://www.lionhead.com/

Twitter
    Portfolio

Banned

Each is absolutely amazing, congratulations to all.

MSgt. Shooter Person

How to use Chinese font. Texture? or other methods

The Sacrifice

Its all very good, im not only amazed at the detail, but im amazed at how they created it in such a short space of time. Congratulations to all, the work that you have produced is amazing!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my Website: http://www.greenfishstudios.wix.com/info

Contact: If you are in need of any help, or if you have any questions about 3d Modelling, or you need information about using the Unreal Engine, then please make sure to contact me at the following address, as i would be happy to help you out!: GreenFishStudios@live.com

Youtube Channel Address: http://www.youtube.com/user/GreenFi5hStudios

I will be able to provide you with any support, or queries that you have, so please make sure to contact me, either on the forums via PM, or to my business address, and i will provide you with a reply, within 48 hours!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sacrifice

OMG, not only do they show us all of there outstanding work, you can also download the map and try it out yourself, this is truly amazing, I love the work that you all i created here, and you inspire me alot, thank you so much for this!
    Visit my Website: http://www.greenfishstudios.wix.com/info

Contact: If you are in need of any help, or if you have any questions about 3d Modelling, or you need information about using the Unreal Engine, then please make sure to contact me at the following address, as i would be happy to help you out!: GreenFishStudios@live.com

Youtube Channel Address: http://www.youtube.com/user/GreenFi5hStudios

I will be able to provide you with any support, or queries that you have, so please make sure to contact me, either on the forums via PM, or to my business address, and i will provide you with a reply, within 48 hours!