Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Where must I put the .py files for Bender?In the settings for Blender 2.57b the url for where addons are is not listed.Also when I tried to import the ase export .py script to use it I could not find it in the import\export activate plugin list?
    Last edited by maxdamage; 07-11-2011 at 05:46 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

A bit off topic but help that I need for a couple of maps that I am slowly fixing\finishing atm on my laptop.

What is the best sized terrain for vctf maps in ut2004?Here are the dimensions for my map atm:
    [Base world dimensions][6400(h) x 26848(w) x 35600(b)]

Is there a mod\mutator that adds the aqualung from Unreal\UT to UT2K4?Would like to use it on a underwater UT map that I had converted over to UT2k3 format with the original UT bsp based terrain before I fixed some stuff in it after importing it into UT2K4 format.

I recently installed the original version of Unreal(I have the gold version but not enough hdd space for it to be installed on my laptop though).I patched the game to version (can't remember atm.will put the version number here when I go online next time) and I tried to run unrealed v1.0 but the editor keeps crashing and displays a window with the
    Unexpected error
    message and ok button to close it.I did re-install the game in the hopes get it to run but still no success.Is there a way to get the editor to run with command lines?
    Last edited by maxdamage; 11-18-2011 at 04:52 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Have Unreal patched to unrealpatch226final

MSgt. Shooter Person

Ok I have done a search but can't find the command lines for unreal ed v3.0 (had the link but lost it) ie addbots 1,etc....Also where can I find the command lines for unreal ed v4.0(ut3)?

Thanks.

any luck getting content out of ut3,
    i haven't tried that but i see the UTPT can do unreal, ut, unreal2,
    you can export mesh as i think .3ds,

i am also using blender for doing some model imports,
    i am a total noob, but ASnipe from this forum has helped me a little,
    there is a script to export as a .ase file - doc holiday,
    the py file is to be opened as a text script,
    shoot me a message to see if i can be any help

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by maxdamage View Post
    Ok I have done a search but can't find the command lines for unreal ed v3.0 (had the link but lost it) ie addbots 1,etc....Also where can I find the command lines for unreal ed v4.0(ut3)?

Thanks.
    Anyone? Also is it possible to add the pointlights,directional lights and skylights from ut3 into ut2k4?also where can I find the terrain height maps in ut3 maps so I can use them in ut2k4?

Thanks.
    Last edited by maxdamage; 04-24-2012 at 09:29 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I just got a license for Milkshape 3D and what I did was extract some content from Star Trek:Elite Force 2,converted the model files in Quark and then used meowcat's .ase exporter plugin and imported 2 objects into UT2k4:

the world model of the compression model in UT2k4 as a prop for now.

The USS Dallas e-shuttle with interior.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Is there a command line that I can use to extract the textures from the botpack.u file from UT99 as I need some textures as I am doing a medbox and super health pack pickup mod for my version of CTF-Face][ for UT2k4 and I would like to add the lightbox mesh to my map as well.The program I used to open botpack.u is UTPackage but it gave an error on that .u file but it can open other ut99 .u files and displays those textures in the app?

Is it possible to recreate the particle effect that is used for the medbox and the superhealth in UT2k4?

Thanks.
    Last edited by maxdamage; 01-18-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Do you still have a package with this static mesh?
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

MSgt. Shooter Person

@UnShame

Check your inbox.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I got the lightbox imported into my ctf-face][2k4 map but it is solid as a rock yet it has no collision mesh?I have tried everything to get rid of it but nothing seems to work.Any help?Here is a screenshot of the map in-game:

Thanks.

Redeemer

For the collision, have you played around with the settings listed here, and reviewed this information here on the UDN Two website?

The simplest way to turn off collision is to set the bCollideActors variable in the static mesh actor to false.
    "What do you mean it doesn't exist clientside?"
    YARM: where player's Lean, Prone, Mantle, Dash, Crouch Jump, 'Parkour' and slide around all with generic realistic weapons!
    Meowcat's Mods for UT2K4:
    Yet Another Real-life Mod: Realistic weapons, unoriginal gameplay, w/ cheap CODMW knockoff mutator
    TD Vehicles: HUMV, MI4Hound, Motorcycle, IFAV Jeep, UH-60, MH-53 & AH-6 Helicopters, Abrams Tank
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by meowcat View Post
    For the collision, have you played around with the settings listed here, and reviewed this information here on the UDN Two website?

The simplest way to turn off collision is to set the bCollideActors variable in the static mesh actor to false.
    No but I will try this one.Milkshape had problems with the medbox.3ds mesh from UT so I had to use Hexagon 3D v2.5 to save the mesh as a .obj file and I had to do the same for the lightbox mesh as milkshape would not import the .3ds file???I used UTPT to extract them.Just discovered that milkshape doesn't import lightwave 3D v6.5 models...

Thanks.The map looks so realistic\authentic just like the original map but with UT2k4 weapons of the UT99 originals and skyzone...
    Last edited by maxdamage; 02-05-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12