Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Sacrifice

Where must I put the .py files for Bender?In the settings for Blender 2.57b the url for where addons are is not listed.Also when I tried to import the ase export .py script to use it I could not find it in the import\export activate plugin list?
    Last edited by maxdamage; 07-11-2011 at 05:46 PM.

The Sacrifice

A bit off topic but help that I need for a couple of maps that I am slowly fixing\finishing atm on my laptop.

What is the best sized terrain for vctf maps in ut2004?Here are the dimensions for my map atm:
    [Base world dimensions][6400(h) x 26848(w) x 35600(b)]

Is there a mod\mutator that adds the aqualung from Unreal\UT to UT2K4?Would like to use it on a underwater UT map that I had converted over to UT2k3 format with the original UT bsp based terrain before I fixed some stuff in it after importing it into UT2K4 format.

I recently installed the original version of Unreal(I have the gold version but not enough hdd space for it to be installed on my laptop though).I patched the game to version (can't remember atm.will put the version number here when I go online next time) and I tried to run unrealed v1.0 but the editor keeps crashing and displays a window with the
    Unexpected error
    message and ok button to close it.I did re-install the game in the hopes get it to run but still no success.Is there a way to get the editor to run with command lines?
    Last edited by maxdamage; 11-18-2011 at 05:52 PM.

The Sacrifice

Have Unreal patched to unrealpatch226final

The Sacrifice

Ok I have done a search but can't find the command lines for unreal ed v3.0 (had the link but lost it) ie addbots 1,etc....Also where can I find the command lines for unreal ed v4.0(ut3)?

Thanks.

any luck getting content out of ut3,
    i haven't tried that but i see the UTPT can do unreal, ut, unreal2,
    you can export mesh as i think .3ds,

i am also using blender for doing some model imports,
    i am a total noob, but ASnipe from this forum has helped me a little,
    there is a script to export as a .ase file - doc holiday,
    the py file is to be opened as a text script,
    shoot me a message to see if i can be any help

The Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by maxdamage View Post
    Ok I have done a search but can't find the command lines for unreal ed v3.0 (had the link but lost it) ie addbots 1,etc....Also where can I find the command lines for unreal ed v4.0(ut3)?

Thanks.
    Anyone? Also is it possible to add the pointlights,directional lights and skylights from ut3 into ut2k4?also where can I find the terrain height maps in ut3 maps so I can use them in ut2k4?

Thanks.
    Last edited by maxdamage; 04-24-2012 at 09:29 PM.

The Sacrifice

I just got a license for Milkshape 3D and what I did was extract some content from Star Trek:Elite Force 2,converted the model files in Quark and then used meowcat's .ase exporter plugin and imported 2 objects into UT2k4:

the world model of the compression model in UT2k4 as a prop for now.

The USS Dallas e-shuttle with interior.

The Sacrifice

Is there a command line that I can use to extract the textures from the botpack.u file from UT99 as I need some textures as I am doing a medbox and super health pack pickup mod for my version of CTF-Face][ for UT2k4 and I would like to add the lightbox mesh to my map as well.The program I used to open botpack.u is UTPackage but it gave an error on that .u file but it can open other ut99 .u files and displays those textures in the app?

Is it possible to recreate the particle effect that is used for the medbox and the superhealth in UT2k4?

Thanks.
    Last edited by maxdamage; 01-18-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Do you still have a package with this static mesh?
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

The Sacrifice

@UnShame

Check your inbox.

The Sacrifice

I got the lightbox imported into my ctf-face][2k4 map but it is solid as a rock yet it has no collision mesh?I have tried everything to get rid of it but nothing seems to work.Any help?Here is a screenshot of the map in-game:

Thanks.

Redeemer

For the collision, have you played around with the settings listed here, and reviewed this information here on the UDN Two website?

The simplest way to turn off collision is to set the bCollideActors variable in the static mesh actor to false.
    "What do you mean it doesn't exist clientside?"
    YARM: where player's Lean, Prone, Mantle, Dash, Crouch Jump, 'Parkour' and slide around all with generic realistic weapons!
    Meowcat's Mods for UT2K4:
    Yet Another Real-life Mod: Realistic weapons, unoriginal gameplay, w/ cheap CODMW knockoff mutator
    TD Vehicles: HUMV, MI4Hound, Motorcycle, IFAV Jeep, UH-60, MH-53 & AH-6 Helicopters, Abrams Tank
    Jetpacks for UT2k4! rev 4

The Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by meowcat View Post
    For the collision, have you played around with the settings listed here, and reviewed this information here on the UDN Two website?

The simplest way to turn off collision is to set the bCollideActors variable in the static mesh actor to false.
    No but I will try this one.Milkshape had problems with the medbox.3ds mesh from UT so I had to use Hexagon 3D v2.5 to save the mesh as a .obj file and I had to do the same for the lightbox mesh as milkshape would not import the .3ds file???I used UTPT to extract them.Just discovered that milkshape doesn't import lightwave 3D v6.5 models...

Thanks.The map looks so realistic\authentic just like the original map but with UT2k4 weapons of the UT99 originals and skyzone...
    Last edited by maxdamage; 02-05-2013 at 06:56 PM.

The Sacrifice

I got the lightbox imported into my ctf-face][2k4 map but it is solid as a rock yet it has no collision mesh?I have tried everything to get rid of it but nothing seems to work.Any help?Here is a screenshot of the map in-game:

Thanks.
    I have a problem with the flag bases in the re-port of the map CTF-Face][2k4 that I did a while ago as I felt it was too small so I scaled it by 1.25 and it came out much better but both of the flag bases float above the floor and no matter what I do they won't sit directly on the floor as when I redo the path noding they get pushed up off the floor and float.

Would adjusting the collision settings for the flag base fix the problem?Also I have tried to replicate the blue particle effect for the UT99 health pack mesh and keg o' health as I made a "mod" for the map using both of them meshes from UT99 to make the map really authentic but I haven't a clue on how to do that as I tried to recreate 2 of the animated fire textures used in UT99 in unrealed v3.0 but nothing happens... I used this page Fire Texture from the UDN and the setting of the fire texture from ued v2.0 and it did not work...

Is there a tutorial I can use to replicate the animated fire textures and the blue animated particle effect used for the health pack and keg o' health from UT99 in UT2k4?

Thanks.

Will post a screenshot of the map soon.
    Last edited by maxdamage; 11-17-2014 at 07:56 PM.

The Sacrifice

Here are the pics:
    This pic is of the re-port of the map scaled plus original UT99 items added:

The next image shows the floating flag base problem:

The following two pics show the UT health pack and keg o' health "mods" that I need help with creating the UT99 blue animated particle texture (I think they are the botpack.Shanefx.top3 animated tex and Unrealshare.WEffect1.WaterEffect1 from UT99) in UT2k4:

Also where can I find a tutorial on how to create a sprite emitter that can make it snow like here: http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/EmittersExamples.html#Snow ?

Thanks.
    Last edited by maxdamage; 11-27-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Redeemer

What do you mean tutorial? The UDN example pretty much explains what the settings should be for the emitter. Are you looking for a snow effect that would cover the entire level? If so the xWeatherEffects class/actor would probably be the best best (since it follows the player's camera view and is more efficient). If you are looking for a snow effect that would just be spawned around a distinct actor then just combine some of the TDN examples settings with the "lifespan/RemoteRole/bAutoDestroy" default property settings of the various ONS vehicle projectile explosion effects.
    YARM: where player's Lean, Prone, Mantle, Dash, Crouch Jump, 'Parkour' and slide around all with generic realistic weapons!
    Yet Another Real-life Mod: Realistic weapons, unoriginal gameplay, w/ cheap CODMW knockoff mutator
    TD Vehicles: HUMV, MI4Hound, Motorcycle, IFAV Jeep, UH-60, MH-53 & AH-6 Helicopters, Abrams Tank

The Sacrifice

What do you mean tutorial? The UDN example pretty much explains what the settings should be for the emitter. Are you looking for a snow effect that would cover the entire level? If so the xWeatherEffects class/actor would probably be the best best (since it follows the player's camera view and is more efficient). If you are looking for a snow effect that would just be spawned around a distinct actor then just combine some of the TDN examples settings with the "lifespan/RemoteRole/bAutoDestroy" default property settings of the various ONS vehicle projectile explosion effects.
    Are there any articles for unrealed v3.0 that is for UT2k4 regarding emitters,etc...? I have tried to find the specific settings to change in the emitter's sprite emitter settings but can't find them as it is confusing...

Redeemer

Go here for a list of the UDN2 pages, and then to this Emitters Reference page for an explanation of most of the variables. Yes there are a lot of variables there, but it is worth taking the time to read through.

What I have found helpful for my own maps (or mod effects) was to go through other maps until I find a particle emitter effect that is similar to what I want (maybe in movement, or spawning shape etc.) and then go through its variable settings to see what was changed from the default values. I also have an empty test map that I use to experiment with various emitter settings, once I've got an effect just the way I want it, I copy it into the map I'm working on.

The Sacrifice

Go here for a list of the UDN2 pages, and then to this Emitters Reference page for an explanation of most of the variables. Yes there are a lot of variables there, but it is worth taking the time to read through.

What I have found helpful for my own maps (or mod effects) was to go through other maps until I find a particle emitter effect that is similar to what I want (maybe in movement, or spawning shape etc.) and then go through its variable settings to see what was changed from the default values. I also have an empty test map that I use to experiment with various emitter settings, once I've got an effect just the way I want it, I copy it into the map I'm working on.
    Thanks.I seem to have missed those pages regarding emitters at the UDN.I will experiment with the sprite emitter to get the snow effect to work hopefully....There is still the problem with re-creating those UT animated fire texs and the two blue particle animated texs in UT2k4 for my health pack and keg o' health mini "mod".

Also I would like to have an effect of rays of light shining into a building entrance from outside but have no clue what to do\add or what to use like maybe a projector for instance and then what do I use for the rays of visible light? *confused*

Can't think of a map I have that has falling snow,etc... for UT2k4.
    Last edited by maxdamage; 12-05-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Redeemer

For snow, check out Jefe's remake of another map (Blaue-Donau-Eis by Romu), recently released Snowbound Park. Its uses the xWeatherEffect for snow (has native code to only have the particle effect follow the local players camera view, about as efficient as your are going to get for this version of the UT).

For the light "rays" you usually have to make and UVmap a custom mesh, but you might be able to get the meshes in Tokara Forest to work (though they may be a bit high poly for your purposes, see Egypt_techmeshes_Epic.Deco.tokara-beam-C).
    Last edited by meowcat; 12-06-2014 at 02:29 AM.

The Sacrifice

@meowcat

Will check those out.Forgot to ask about the weird problem with the CTF flag bases that float in the air as you can see in the screenies.If I move the flags to the floor so the flag base is sitting on the floor and then rebuild the bot paths the editor pushes them back up into the air so they still float.Is that a bug of the porting process from UT to UT2k4 or something else? I have deleted them and added them from the actor class the fall under and it still happens.

Thanks.

Redeemer

hmm, I think I've seen that problem before but don't quite remember what caused it. Are you sure there are not any "hidden" collision volumes below the base? You can check for those in UEd by right-clicking on the gray border at the top of the 3D view window then going to the View->Show Collision option. Have you changed the drawscale at all?

If nothing else is colliding, then maybe try adjusting the BaseOffset.Z value in the x"color"Flagbase under the xRealCTFbase default property. While I don't think it will show up in the editor, it should affect its positioning in game.

The Sacrifice

hmm, I think I've seen that problem before but don't quite remember what caused it. Are you sure there are not any "hidden" collision volumes below the base? You can check for those in UEd by right-clicking on the gray border at the top of the 3D view window then going to the View->Show Collision option. Have you changed the drawscale at all?

If nothing else is colliding, then maybe try adjusting the BaseOffset.Z value in the x"color"Flagbase under the xRealCTFbase default property. While I don't think it will show up in the editor, it should affect its positioning in game.
    All that I did was use UT3 converter to scale the re-port to 1.25x and not in unrealed as the 1.1 scale was too small and therefore did not look right at all.I did think of looking in the flag bases collision setting but wasn't until I asked.Will try changing those settings and hopefully it fixes it.

I turned on the collision setting and I did not see anything out of the ordinary.I am glad I did the scale up because it feels right and look right.I just need to fix that problem and getting the two animated blue particle textures from UT99 created to fix the mini health "mods" so the re-port is authentic!

Thanks

Redeemer

hmm, does the UT3 converter scale everything? (including pathnodes' collision size, lights etc.) I would recommend checking to make sure that the drawscale/drawscale3D and collision size of the flag bases match the default values as that could easily cause some visual differences.

Also, you might want to select all brushes and then right-click and use the "brush-> transform permanently" option since scaling brushes is not always a good idea (never mind the horrible off-grid alignments of other scaled map conversions' brushes that prevent any further "clean" brushwork or staticmesh alignment to the grid).

The Sacrifice

hmm, does the UT3 converter scale everything? (including pathnodes' collision size, lights etc.) I would recommend checking to make sure that the drawscale/drawscale3D and collision size of the flag bases match the default values as that could easily cause some visual differences.

Also, you might want to select all brushes and then right-click and use the "brush-> transform permanently" option since scaling brushes is not always a good idea (never mind the horrible off-grid alignments of other scaled map conversions' brushes that prevent any further "clean" brushwork or staticmesh alignment to the grid).
    Yes it does scale everything to fit the bigger size.I must just check the default sizes of some of the pickups so I can be sure that the are the right drawscale,etc..As I said I deleted the flag bases that were in the map from the map conversion and added the default ones from the actor browser from within unrealed v3.0 and that did not work.

I removed some volumes that were created by the port but that still doesn't help and changing the baseoffset.z values also don't help at all.The only solution is to re-build the bot pathing and then move the flags down until the base is on the floor in-game.The bots still go for the flags so that is the only fix I can use atm....Weird?

Redeemer

hmm yeah that is strange. I apologize about the base offset setting, I misread the code (I saw the spawn code referencing it...specifically for placing the flagbase decoration, xCTFBase, at the correct height...).

The Sacrifice

I found that the sniper rifle ammo had been scaled to 1.25 while it is suppose to be 1.00 which I scaled them to.The rocket ammo was scaled to 0.825 while it is normally 0.70 which I scaled them to but I am not sure on what to scale the UT med box and keg o' health to though... The asmd ammo is scaled to the right size but I use great emerald's display scale fix for them anyway so they stay the same.

The Sacrifice

The following two pics show the UT health pack and keg o' health "mods" that I need help with creating the UT99 blue animated particle texture (I think they are the botpack.Shanefx.top3 animated tex and Unrealshare.WEffect1.WaterEffect1 from UT99) in UT2k4:

Anyone? I have contacted someone here that suppose to be with the ChaosUT mod as one of the maps has a copy of the animated fire texture from UT iirc as I would like to know how to recreate those plus the two blue particle textures and the animated water effect as well in unrealed v3.0.

Thanks.

The Sacrifice

These are the animated textures from Unreal\UT99 what I am talking about:

Redeemer

I'm looking at UT's water and lava textures right now. They are set up to use a base texture (look at the texture section in your examples, most seem to be in genfluid.utx) which is dynamically altered with various effects in the WaterPaint section. These procedural textures still can be used in UT2004, but are a bit tricky to set up and have some limitations, according to this thread. The key is having a P8 texture as the base, which you can just take straight from UT, just open UT's genfluid.utx in UT2004's editor.

The Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by jefe View Post
    I'm looking at UT's water and lava textures right now. They are set up to use a base texture (look at the texture section in your examples, most seem to be in genfluid.utx) which is dynamically altered with various effects in the WaterPaint section. These procedural textures still can be used in UT2004, but are a bit tricky to set up and have some limitations, according to this thread. The key is having a P8 texture as the base, which you can just take straight from UT, just open UT's genfluid.utx in UT2004's editor.
    Thanks!!!! The Wet textures and Fire paint textures ported from Unreal\UT work like a dream as seen in the following screenies:
    and
    Click on the thumbnails to have a larger pic loaded.

Now to figure how to port the Watereffect1 and top3 animated textures into unrealed v3.0.Unfortunately they are in the Unrealshare.u file\package...Tried to open the .u package in unrealed v3.0 but the editor crashed as expected.

[edit]idea did not work.
    Last edited by maxdamage; 03-03-2015 at 06:13 PM.

Redeemer

Open unrealshare.u in the UT Unreal ED TEXTURE browser. Then export the textures as pcx. The first time I tried exporting, the program crashed, but I ran it again in "Administrator" mode and it worked, and I was able to import it to 2k4 just fine.

The Sacrifice

Open unrealshare.u in the UT Unreal ED TEXTURE browser. Then export the textures as pcx. The first time I tried exporting, the program crashed, but I ran it again in "Administrator" mode and it worked, and I was able to import it to 2k4 just fine.
    I can't load UT's (UT GOTYE non Anthology version) unrealed on my dad's laptop which runs Vista Home Basic and I get this message:
    Log: Log file open, 02/17/15 18:01:05
    Init: Name subsystem initialized
    Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0 (Build: 6002)
    Init: Version: 436
    Init: Compiled: Oct 24 2000 12:22:20
    Init: Command line:
    Init: Base directory: C:\UnrealTournament\System\
    Init: Character set: Unicode
    Log: Bound to Editor.dll
    Log: Bound to Core.dll
    Log: Bound to Engine.dll
    Log: Bound to Window.dll
    Init: Object subsystem initialized
    Init: Computer: maxdamage
    Init: User: maxdamage
    Init: Memory total: Phys=1832644K Pagef=3921820K Virt=2097024K
    Init: Working set: 32000 / 159000
    Init: CPU Speed=2100.003401 MHz
    Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=1
    Init: CPU Detected: Unknown processor (AuthenticAMD)
    Init: CPU Features: CMov FPU RDTSC PAE MMX KNI 3DNow!
    Init: Unreal engine initialized
    Log: Bound to Galaxy.dll
    Init: Galaxy is using WinMM
    Init: Galaxy initialized
    Init: Transaction tracking system initialized
    Log: Bound to Fire.dll
    Log: Bound to IpDrv.dll
    Log: Bound to UWeb.dll
    Log: Bound to WinDrv.dll
    Init: Mouse info: 6 10 1
    Init: Initializing DirectDraw
    Log: DirectDraw drivers:
    Log: display (Primary Display Driver)
    Init: DirectDraw initialized successfully
    Init: Client initialized
    Log: Bound to Render.dll
    Init: Lighting subsystem initialized
    Init: Rendering initialized
    Init: Editor engine initialized
    Log: Startup time: 11.490921 seconds
    Init: Input system initialized for U2Viewport0
    Log: Opened viewport
    Log: Bound to SoftDrv.dll
    Init: Input system initialized for U2Viewport1
    Init: Input system initialized for U2Viewport2
    Init: Input system initialized for U2Viewport3
    Init: Input system initialized for MeshViewer
    Critical: UFireTexture::ConstantTimeTick
    Critical: UTexture::Tick
    Critical: (FireTexture UnrealShare.Effect18.FireEffect18)
    Critical: UTexture::Update
    Critical: URender:rawLodMesh
    Critical: (LodMesh UnrealShare.8Ball3rd)
    Critical: DrawMesh
    Critical: URender:rawActorSprite
    Critical: URender:rawActor
    Critical: REN_MeshView
    Critical: UEditorEngine:raw
    Critical: (Cam=MeshViewer,Flags=8832
    Critical: UWindowsViewport::Repaint
    Critical: UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow
    Critical: WBrowserMesh::RefreshViewport
    Critical: WBrowserMesh::RefreshAll
    Critical: WBrowserMesh::OnCreate
    Critical: WM_CREATE
    Critical: WWindow::WndProc
    Critical: WWindow::StaticProc
    Critical: PerformCreateWindowEx
    Critical: WBrowser::OpenWindow
    Critical: WBrowserMesh::OpenWindow
    Critical: WM_BROWSER_UNDOCK
    Critical: WEditorFrame::OnCommand
    Critical: WM_HSCROLL
    Critical: WWindow::WndProc
    Critical: WWindow::StaticProc
    Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
    Exit: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
    Warning: glxStopOutput() failed: 6
    Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
    Log: DirectDraw End Mode
    Exit: Exiting.
    Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
    Uninitialized: Log file closed, 02/17/15 18:02:51
    I haven't done a complete re-install of the game yet when playing UT it is a bit slow and it feels like there something is slowing the game... On my badly messed up pc which runs win xp sp2 I have no problems with running UT's unrealed.

I have been trying to get Unreal Gold's(Anthology version) unrealed to run in Vista Home Basic and I get this message:
    Error

Component 'Threed32.OCX' not correctly registered: file is missing or invalid
    . The file is there but I think that might have happened when I uninstalled Unreal(non Anthology version) after installing Unreal Gold and Unreal 2 from the Anthology Pack.

Thanks.
    Last edited by maxdamage; 02-17-2015 at 05:58 PM.

Redeemer

I don't know what's going on there exactly. Running things in administrator or compatibility mode might help. Also it might help to open your video card's software (Catalyst Control center or Nvidia's version) and turn off any sort of enhancements it might be doing for Unreal ed. For example, on my newest system, UT2004's editor wouldn't highlight surfaces - turning anti-aliasing off fixed that. So possibly there is a similar issue - changing your renderer open gl or even a custom renderer might help too. (UT was way too dark on Window 8.1 before I used this.)

If you just need a couple of textures exported though, I can do that for you.

The Sacrifice

I don't know what's going on there exactly. Running things in administrator or compatibility mode might help. Also it might help to open your video card's software (Catalyst Control center or Nvidia's version) and turn off any sort of enhancements it might be doing for Unreal ed. For example, on my newest system, UT2004's editor wouldn't highlight surfaces - turning anti-aliasing off fixed that. So possibly there is a similar issue - changing your renderer open gl or even a custom renderer might help too. (UT was way too dark on Window 8.1 before I used this.)

If you just need a couple of textures exported though, I can do that for you.
    Compatibility mode nor admin mode works.. Never had a problem with UT in Vista being too dark.Will post a screenie of UT running in vista home basic.I do use custom opengl\d3d drivers for UT thought iirc.Will check on that to be sure. I did check in Unrealed v3.0 but does UT2k4 support DynamicAmbientSound actors like in Unreal\UT?

For my one map I was able to get everything I needed from Unreal\UT except those two fire textures for the UT health pack and keg o' health that is built-in to the .u files. Will try something I just thought of and will get back if that worked.

Thanks.
    Last edited by maxdamage; 03-03-2015 at 06:15 PM.

The Sacrifice

UT W00t map in win vista home basic.I am unable to determine which d3d\opengl drivers I am using for UTGOTYE(non anthology version).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12