Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UKnowJack

Default Songs of Sirens...New Chapter 17 as of 1/27/12

Greetings and welcome to the sequal that follows the novel, Snowblind. This story will take place roughly within a four week period between Jacinto's Remnant/Incident in Glacier Valley and Anvil Gate.

Synopsis

Despite the new hope for humanity by relocating to Vectus Island from the harsh conditions at Port Farrall, humanity seems to roll back into old habits as past wounds resurface. It’s business as usual, investigating one “random” bombing after another, until the Feral Consulate is caught in the crossfire.

To assist in bringing the culprits to justice, Colonel Hoffman uncovers an old skeleton that he’s kept hidden in the closet for too long.
    WARNING: Although edited for this site, this fiction is rated M for adult situations, crude language/innuendoes, and violence. Although I do not own GoW or it's franchise, any other details, titles, places, names that may be similar to that of another fiction or fanfiction, (unless cited) is strictly coincidental.

Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion...between supposed brothers...between supposed lovers. ~Tool

~Table of Contents~

Prologue...page 1

Chapter 1: Recovering Falstaff...page 9

Chapter 2: Shadows of a Doubt...page 14

Chapter 3: Reminiscing...page 16

Chapter 4: Frosts' Cold Shoulder...page 17

Chapter 5: Instability...page 18

Chapter 6: Insurrection...page 22

Chapter 7: When It Rains, It Pours...page 22

Chapter 8: Changing Of The Guard...page 23

Chapter 9: Rattling The Cage...page 24

Chapter 10: Falling Under...page 24

Chapter 11: Picking Up The Pieces...page 24

Chapter 12: The Living Dead...page 27

Chapter 13: Reliving Scars...page 27

Chapter 14: All Too Surreal...page 28

Chapter 15: The Devil's Advocate...page 28

Chapter 16: The Usual Suspects...page 29

Chapter 17: Decoding The Family Skeleton...page 30

The term, or phrase, “Songs of Sirens,”is an oral telling of how the Feral pass down their orientation of their history, that has spanned over the last seven decades or so, with E- Day noted as a major intervention in the latter days of human dominion on Sera.

In this version, there is a lot of elemental symbolism the Feral use to tell stories or pass down knowledge to the next generation, and the next.

This account as of recent revolves a tribulation, while the last of their culture dwindles with a few of what is left of the future generations, which may explain their haste as to why they insist on beginning their breeding orthodox with the COG as soon as possible.

No stress there.

-Colonel Hoffman's overall summary of what he acquired from Corporal Damon Baird's journal entry, after the incident in Glacier Valley.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

The Siren ~ Nightwish

~Songs of Sirens~

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

We survive what we can't change
    So let it fade
    Just let it go
    We pretend so nothing does change
    We're flowers never breaking through the stone

The Stone

~Ashes Divide~

Prologue

…continued from Snowblind: Chapter 44; one hour after Dill deployment; ten weeks after Jacinto Evac, 14 E.D.

Looking out an open window from the Vectus Naval Base Headquarters, Colonel Hoffman placed his hand on his desk, brushing off a thick layer of dust, while getting a glimpse of his newly renovated office; renovated, as in nothing more than slapping some fresh paint over the mildew infested walls that were once eggshell white.

So this is paradise…Hoffman wondered, feeling the sea breeze blow into the room, gently stirring the tattered, tan colored blinds that were at one time white. Taking a moment, Hoffman inhaled the salty air, in contrast to the odor of latex, reeking from the fresh layer of paint that was still drying on the sheetrock. In the moment of soaking up the fresh breeze, he looked over to a tattered box, sitting next to a makeshift, desktop computer and an old, tube monitor.

The box was his, filled with personal belongings he was able to salvage before Jacinto‘s fall, and then relocated with him to Vectus. It was all that was left of his personal belongings that he had to his name, and it wasn’t much. Glaring at the frail cardboard, he was quick to notice that the box had seen better days, after years of being exposed to the elements. Mold collected on the bottom while the edges warped from water exposure, causing the joints to deform. It was a tattered, frail box, but it was his box, the only physical evidence of his existence in this world.

Reaching into it, he pulled out an old wedding photo, something he kept on his persons for years, a picture of him and Margaret. Lifting it up into the light and glaring at the picture, despite the ragged edges of wear, Hoffman frowned. It was such a contrast to everything that was left now. The two looked so happy in love, with Victor in uniform and Margaret in her white wedding dress, wearing her mothers’ pearl necklace. It was one of his semi-happier moments that lasted a little while, like everything else that he could sum up as a “happy moment.”

Placing the old photo back, he looked further, pulling up a small, old photo album, brushing the dusty debris that was collected over it. He could smell the stale stench of time, the kind of scent you would register at an antique shop from years of accumulating the musty oils of being handled by human hands. Noticing the velvet cloth beginning to tether from decay, he was handling it with care, trying not to accelerate the aging process…Son of a b*tch, is this a precursor of things to come? Am I too going to wither away like an obsolete antiquity? Despite the festering reality of age creeping up on him, after shoving years upon years of repressed emotions to the side, he started to look in it anyway…hell, what else to have to lose now?

Carefully peeling the pages apart from sitting under lord knows, how many years of sitting in this very box in a dreary, humid room, the Colonel tilted his head, squinting slightly to look past the discolored film that covered the photos…well, I be damned.

It was a photo of him at his coronation, accepting his promotion to Major. Looking at it, he could see a picture of himself, sixteen years younger, shaking hands with then, Chairman Dalyell, before things went sour after the events at Aspho Point.

Turning the page, he noticed a few wedding invitations, stuffed between the pages that were discolored and frayed now. Carefully pulling them out, he noticed old graduation announcements and other commencement ceremonies, mixed in with crumpled tissue paper and a few old business cards. Looking further, he pulled out several cut-out newspaper articles from the Jacinto Times…one being an sports article concerning his nephew, on Margaret’s side, and the other a baby announcement for the Santiago’s and their newborn girl, Sylvia. Setting the cut-outs back into the book, he noticed a folded graduation commencement from Professor Fenix for his son Marcus, an obituary for Captain Harrie, and then reached in to pull out an anniversary card, sent by Major Jonathan McNight, congratulating Victor and Margaret for their fifteenth wedding anniversary.

Feeling the weight of failure as a husband, or even a man, entertaining the illusion of things that could have been done differently, never hit him as hard before, but the sudden reminiscing of memories from photos of those long gone, curled into his conscience and festered, pulling at his sanity like a anvil weighing him down from under the water. His eyes glistened as a tear found refuge in the corner of his eye. He never found the time to mourn for Margaret, nor Major McNight, or Bai Tak for that matter. It was always the line of duty that came first, the constant race of trying to stay ahead, or humanity would have fallen into the cracks of this war, for good. Failure was not an option.

He couldn’t quite figure how he should feel about all of it, glancing back at his memories, the only thing he had, to keep things in a sane perspective, finding something to beguile him from the anguish he would probably be reveling himself in, otherwise. His own moral convention teetered between what was right and what was practical, keeping everything on a need to know basis, while focusing on the larger picture; basing his decisions on what was best for humanity, even at the sacrifice of few. He was starting to hate it. He was damned that he was ever going to stoop back down to the likes of some treaty signing, pencil pushing politician, drawing the line before compromising his ethics. Yea, I’m going to be human again, and I’m going to finally f*cking mourn.

…and so he did…carefully sitting in the wooden chair nearby, creaking under the weight of his armor, his ammo packs, his side arm, his dignity, his poise, his principles, and wept. Bringing his hand to his tired face, shielding his watering eyes from the waking world as tears flowed profusely, he lowered his head onto his new desk, with both hands cradling his weary head, letting the chips fall from where they stood, slumping off his shoulder one by one, as the weight of years of just sucking it up was now loosed.

The things than would run fervently through his head was no longer there. The skeletons he accrued over the years was buried and done; the things that would keep him up at night, just withered away, slipping to the wayside, never to be revisited again. It was all swept into quarantine, filed away in a landfill of red tape. It was the best he could do, considering the circumstances that he faced now.

Coming to calm as the mourning turned into reflection, he lifted his head to wipe the tears that clung to the lines of age from his face while looking out his window, noticing a faint pillar of smoke coming from out on the sea, rising into the air.

“What in…“ he mumbled to himself, rummaging in thought as to what it was, “…you’ve got to be kidding me…”

He turned his head over to his com, looking out towards the harbor where a few of their warships were still stationed,

“Lieutenant Mathieson, get Captain Michaelson on the squawk…”

“Roger that sir…”

The black smoke continued to rise as a Raven flew past the naval harbor, apparently dispatched towards the open sea ahead. It wasn't long before the radio activity started to increase while a faint noise was barely pushing through the Colonel's personal com.

“This...Captain...speaking...please respond.”

“Captain this is Hoffman, you're breaking up.”

“Roger...”

A few seconds pass as the static started to bounce in between the unstable frequency before the Captain could be heard more audibly.

“Come in Colonel...can you here me now?”

“Much better, Quentin...”

“Affirmative to that, Colonel.”

“So please tell me that the cloud of smoke out I'm looking at, west of your position, is another training simulation...”

“I'm afraid I can't confirm that, Vic. All ships, except for Clement, are at dock and accounted for.”

“Son of a...alright Michaelson, you know the drill. I'll be calling back the 'Dill convoy we just deployed this morning. Keep me posted.”

“Affirmative, Colonel. Michaelson out.”

“Lieutenant Stroud, come in, Lieutenant...”

“Yes Colonal...”

“Bring the boys back...it looks like we got something else on our plate that we're going to have to deal with here real soon.”

“Affirmative, Colonel. I'll be issuing a cancellation ASAP.”

“Roger that, Lieutenant...Hoffman out.”

Letting out a groaning sigh, Hoffman dropped the old album back into his personal box. Shortly afterwards, Hoffman slumped back into his chair and started to rub his head, reminiscing the events of late, going over the math between the insurgencies at Port Farrall, Massy and the pirates, the incident in Glacier Valley, Moroses’ militia, to the recent negotiations with Pelruan. For f*ck's sake, what kind of hornet's nest did we just stir up now?

Chapter 1: Recovering Falstaff

When I get a working computer with Photoshop, I'll post a banner...in the meantime, I'm stuck working on the netbook.
    Last edited by Jonesybites; 03-19-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zilla Junior

I'll give it a proper read tomorrow morning.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lIMarcusFenixlI

This is really well written. You do some really good work... I haven't managed to get all the way through Snowblind (reading all these fictions takes so much time; there's so MANY of them! Not to say that's bad; it's just between you and everyone else and how much you guys put out it's difficult to keep up).

This piece doesn't fall short of your normal work but I guess it gives it more value perhaps? I'm not really sure how to put it into words. I've always liked your style because it's unique to you and works with what you've got going on. My only question is this... did you ever post on the Gearsfiction wikipedia thing? I think I recall seeing you on there? I don't remember. The community there was improper and much too small, I migrated here instead. But anyways... great stuff as usual Jonesy.

Legend.....wait for it....dary
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Meh PSN ID: Meh

Wow, it's up, it's finally up!

I have to say, it reads just as well as Snowblind, if not better. And I'm hoping you can update this at the same pace as Snowblind, but that may be hard with other works in the way. The descriptive tone is still there, but like Adam said, there is something about your writing... be it... professional in a sense? That's the only word I can use to describe it. I'll read it over again, just to get the words to stick in my head. Coming into Snowblind half fazed wasn't too bright of an idea.

If I had to point out anything... it would be the censorship. It's a real pain in the ass, I know, but I think you don't necessarily need all those stars in there, right? just add one star and keep the rest of the word. I think typing like that in the document helps, even it is considered a mistake. It'll save time... And then again, that's like arguing over fiction length. Which, I won't, since you'll be putting out a monster. (I hope)

Nice work, Jonesy, when do we get more?
    Last edited by SKORGE; 10-30-2010 at 09:04 PM.
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

Hope to see a lot of you on the BT Forums! - 11/02/2014 (lol)

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Croswynd

Seeing as how I love your work and I think you want to improve as much as you can, I’m going to get –really- nitpicky whenever you post something. While I might seem a bit mean with my short comments, it is –never- my intention to be that way; I am simply pointing at things that seem wrong to me in as short a manner as I can in order to do this quickly, as you have a –ton- of story whenever you post. If you don’t like me doing that, I’ll stop when you ask, so just let me know.

“-Colonel Hoffman's overall summery of what he acquired from Corporal Damon Baird's journal entry, after the incident in Glacier Valley-“

Alright, I’m not sure if you are British or not and I’m not exactly sure if Americans spell it the same way, but isn’t “summery” supposed to be “summary”? Because according to Word, “summery” is in reference to the season summer.

“Taking a moment, Hoffman inhaled the salty air, in contrast to the odor of latex, reeking from the fresh layer of paint that was still drying on the sheetrock, while looking over to a box, next to a makeshift, desktop computer and an old, tube monitor.”

Now, this is a pretty long sentence and I think the reason why is because it is loaded with adjectives. Because of this, it might be best to shorten this one long sentence into two, smaller ones. Personally, I’d take the comma out after latex, putting a period at “sheetrock” and starting the next sentence with “He looked over to the box…ect.” This also helps you keep in past tense (which I’m assuming you’re going for at the beginning of the sentence), because “while looking” seems more in the present tense.

“The box was his, filled with personal belongings that he was able to salvage before Jacinto‘s fall, and then relocated with him to Vectus, the only personal belongings he had to his name now, and it wasn’t much.”

Another long sentence. Break it up at “Vectus”. Turn “the” into “They were the” and turn “and” into “which”.

“Glaring at the frail cardboard that looked as if it had seen better days, being exposed to the elements, mostly water, with the mold collecting on the bottom while the edges were warped from water exposure, casing the joints to deform.”

This is a fragment. I’d change the first sentence to “He glared at the frail cardboard that looked as if it had seen better days, exposed to the elements as it had been. There was mold…”

“Lifting it up in the light, glaring at picture despite the ragged edges after years of wear, it was such a contrast to everything that is left now.”

Commas aren’t always the best choice to combine a sentence together. This is how I would phrase it: “Lifting it up in the light and glaring at the picture, despite the ragged edges of wear, Hoffman frowned. It was such a contrast to everything that was left now.”

“Carefully peeling the pages apart from sitting under Lord knows, how many years of sitting in this very box in a dreary, humid room, the Colonel tilted his head, squinting slightly to look past the discolored film that covered the photos,”

I’m not sure that “God” as we know him exists on Sera, so I’ve always tried to avoid using him in Gears. Dunno if there is one in the Gears universe or not, but I thought I’d let you know what I do. Also, add a period after “photos”.

“His own moral convention teetered between what was right and what was practical, keeping everything on a need to know basis, while focusing on the larger picture, basing his decisions on what was best for humanity, even at the sacrifice of few, and he was starting to hate it.”

Replace the comma after “picture” with a semicolon, add a period after “few”, and turn the last part into its own sentence: “He was starting to hate it.”

“Bringing his hand to his tired face, shielding his watering eyes from the waking world as tears flowed profusely, he lowered his head onto his new desk, with both hands cradling his weary head, letting the chips fall from where they stood, slumping off his shoulder one by one, as the weight of years of just sucking it up, was now loosed.”

The last comma after “up” isn’t required.

“The skeletons that accrued over the years was buried and done; the things that would keep him up at night, just withered away, slipping to the wayside, never to be revisited again.”’

Turn “was” into “were”, since it’s modifying the plural “skeletons”.

“Coming to calm as the mourning turned into reflection, he lifted his head to wipe the tears that clung to the lines of age from his face while looking out his window, noticing a faint pillar of smoke, coming from out on the sea, rising into the air.”

The comma after “smoke” isn’t required.

“He turned his head over to his com, looking out towards the harbor where a few of their warships were still stationed,”

Comma at the end should be a period.

““Son of a...alright Michaelson, you know the drill. I'll be calling back the Dill convey we just deployed this morning. Keep me posted.””

“Dill” should have an apostrophe before it, as it is a shortened form. As well, “convey” should be “convoy”.

“Yes Colonal...”

“Colonal” should be “Colonel”

All I have to say is –awesome-. I’m so excited for you to continue this, even if this is a prologue. I’m really happy to be able to be here this time as you write something even “awesomer” than before. I hope my little comments help ya in any way, but they aren’t something I’m trying to force. You pick which ones, if any, you wanna correct. I’m just trying to help.

Keep up the good work. I’m going to be reading this, no doubt. /explodes into confetti from excitement.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

@ Adam: Lol, I don't blame ya...I have some catching up to do with Jay's, Rakias and Cros' fics, not mention Wiz's and SKORGE's new fics, and some other new authors that have posted recently...only everybody decided to update and post all at once (arrrrrrgh).

Actually, I do have my fics the GoW Fanon (wikia site)...but you're right, the activity there is so-so...there's alot of fics that are unfinished, which kinda sets a bad precedence for those who are still "updating" them, and there are a few that are doing just that. I like the site because I can organize bios, places, pictures, ect.

@SKORGE: I will consider you're observation, concerning the censoring...still working the kinks on what other vulger terminology is censored by this site.

But thanks for the read, and I do hope that y'all see/read an improvement from Snowblind, keeping the descriptions flowing and trying to keep the past and/or present tense consistant and less confusing. However, I can definately say I will not be posting weekly, and preferably either by-weekly or twice a month, simply to space it out, especially if other fics are going to be updated at the same time.

EDIT: @Cros: You posted right before I did, lol...anyway, I don't have the luxery of a beta reader, so any suggestions to improve the grammer is welcome. I'll look into shortening the sentences that you pointed out and the other errors in the format...

Glaring at the frail cardboard that looked as if it had seen better days, being exposed to the elements, mostly water, with the mold collecting on the bottom while the edges were warped from water exposure, casing the joints to deform.
    ...I'm not entirely sure how that major screw-up got through editing, lol. I hate it when stuff like that slips by..."casing", supposed to be "causing", good God, where did I learn to spell?

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to point them out...corrections pending.
    Last edited by Jonesybites; 10-30-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Gamer IDs

Twice a month?

Say it's not true! If it is, I hope the chapters are longer then Snowblind's. As for the censorship, consider everything known as a 'cuss' to be censored on here.... except ass... apparently, ass works. (Which makes sense)

Example: "Baird is an asshole."

But not sh*t... nope, not that.

Example: "Baird talks a lot of ****."

I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SKORGE View Post
    Twice a month?

Say it's not true! If it is, I hope the chapters are longer then Snowblind's. As for the censorship, consider everything known as a 'cuss' to be censored on here.... except ass... apparently, ass works. (Which makes sense)

Example: "Baird is an asshole."

But not sh*t... nope, not that.

Example: "Baird talks a lot of ****."

Now that you mention it, I didn't realize that "p*ssy" was included on the list, when I mentioned the "*****cat Emporium," lol...among other "choice" words,

...wait, can we say the "p" word here? I know we can say,

"Baird is a dick." ....but....

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesybites View Post
    EDIT: @Cros: You posted right before I did, lol...anyway, I don't have the luxery of a beta reader, so any suggestions to improve the grammer is welcome. I'll look into shortening the sentences that you pointed out and the other errors in the format...

...I'm not entirely sure how that major screw-up got through editing, lol. I hate it when stuff like that slips by..."casing", supposed to be "causing", good God, where did I learn to spell?

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to point them out...corrections pending.
    Oh, wow. I didn't even -see- the "casing" pa-

*cough*

I mean, I totally meant to bring that to your attention.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Croswynd View Post
    Oh, wow. I didn't even -see- the "casing" pa-

*cough*

I mean, I totally meant to bring that to your attention.
    *cough, yea, lol.

@Adam: Now that you mention it, you may be able to still understand what's going on in this story without having to read Snowblind all the way through..if you read JR and AG, the same characters will be used from the novels, although briefly... however it may spoil the ending for that story, but hell, it's a long story, and I know it's a pain trying to keep up, reading multiple fics, while writing your own.

Gamer IDs

Now that you mention it, I didn't realize that "p*ssy" was included on the list, when I mentioned the "*****cat Emporium," lol...among other "choice" words,

...wait, can we say the "p" word here? I know we can say,

"Baird is a dick." ....but....
    Penis?

Maybe, I don't think so.... at least crap isn't censored, right? Man, that would suck so much. Not to mention Baird makes for the best examples... what a class act. I don't know why people hate so much...

As well, will you be using other characters from the book, perhaps people we didn't get a POV from in the last fiction, Jonesy?

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Penis?

Maybe, I don't think so.... at least crap isn't censored, right? Man, that would suck so much. Not to mention Baird makes for the best examples... what a class act. I don't know why people hate so much...

As well, will you be using other characters from the book, perhaps people we didn't get a POV from in the last fiction, Jonesy?
    Pfft, it took me a few months before I realized that crap was ok...so I guess we can say the "p" word afterall...and yea, I just went with the Bairdsm's, lol.

Anyway, to answer your question, I'm contemplating it, because we don't really hear from them, and I'm getting tired of listening to Dom mope and Marcus grunt. So far I have Quentin Michealson, Trescu, occasionally Gettner, Miatheson, since he's going to be taking Anya's place anyway, and Major Reid...but there's going to be a few, new characters, and some that have been introduced in Snowblind, like Captain Miller, Lucius Jacquin, and Bjork.

Gamer IDs

Oh sweet, Trecu eh?

You've won yourself a seat. Any word from one of the Duke's? I think one small bit from their POV could sort of work out, maybe? I assume Morose's name will be brought up here or there... also, what of the Harpies?

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Have now read it, looks to be the start of something epic! Can't really say much else, everything seemed fine. (That, and I'm a bad critic. )

I stopped reading after you mentioned Anvil Gate. I still haven't finished the third book so I'm basically trying to avoid spoilers like crazy, and that includes anything that even references Anvil Gate in any way, shape, or form. So I'm just wondering, does this story utilize a knowledge of Anvil Gate?

Gamer IDs

^Funny, Boss.... I can picture you twenty or so chapters behind, like last time. It shall be fun to note you reading so far back there.... But then I can't spoil anything, which ruins the fun.

:3

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sgt Grub

Question Jonesy, if I didn't read that monster Snowblind, will I be confused as hell while reading this? I figure that If I start while it is in its early stages, I wont fall behind and miss this one.
    Sent from My Keyboard using My Fingers
    STD 4 LYFE
    The Original Grub Killer

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Grub k1ller View Post
    Question Jonesy, if I didn't read that monster Snowblind, will I be confused as hell while reading this? I figure that If I start while it is in its early stages, I wont fall behind and miss this one.
    She said it wouldn't confuse you too much. Although old characters will be used here or there, but I take it, not so much. Now, I know you've read Anvil, so no.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

I really must remember to pick up Anvil Gate.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Like SKORGE said, not really. It may mention the incident in "Glacier Valley," but it's not tied into the events that will happen in this story, other than some of the characters from Snowblind will also be in this story...and as far as Anvil Gate is concerned, this story takes place shortly before AG, however, there may be some precursors (mostly political) of what will happen in Anvil Gate, so I'll leave it to y'all's discretion whether to read it or not.

Yea, Trescu's in it, but he's mostly a political figure in this story; another clout looming over the Feral Consulate (or mediator/ambassador...still working out the kinks), right along with Chairman Prescott. Morose is going to be more of a dark specter, looming in the grand scheme of things, since he knew/discovered things nobody else didn’t (there's a reason they kept his corpse), however, the new protagonist is not related to him, but some of the “dirty little secrets” that occasionally come up will, especially where Raven is concerned since she too has infiltrated, in the past, some encryptioned documents that were not meant for public eyes. She doesn't know everything, but enough to keep her trust with Prescott limited.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about "mommy dearest," the Harpies will rear their ugly head when the Coalition falls, just Tamar predicts it to be.
    Last edited by Jonesybites; 10-31-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Gamer IDs

But Trecu is bad ass. Bad ass man good. Politician bad.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Feral, I hear you say that alot, is that a name for the Stranded?
    STD 4 LYFE
    The Original Grub Killer

Gamer IDs

Not exactly.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

But Trecu is bad ass. Bad ass man good. Politician bad.
    [SPOILERS] I see Trescu more of a doer rather than a pencil pusher, hence the reason he has so much respect from his countrymen.

The Feral are a separate faction from the Stranded, mostly made up of women whom got tired of being exploited during the Pendulum Wars…they’re more organized with some chain of command (matriarchs) and follow an ethos.
    Last edited by Jonesybites; 11-03-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Gamer IDs

Yeah, that's how I see him too. More like, someone who just happened to be thrown into the leadership role, kind of like Hoffman. But in Trescu's case, leader of a whole people, and not just the Colonel.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Despite all that I organized on GoW Fanon, I think the administration has dropped the ball on it, so I contemplating, posting a thread to organize my stories, characters, pictures, comedies, (yea, we all know those are golden, ) and all the other random cr@p I have going on...like the COG Swimsuit Calander, ...nah, EPIC would frown on that.

...anyway, suggestions, advice? It you're going to throw tomatoes, please be sure they're orange, and not GREEN... ...those hurt.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Another "collection" thread? Sounds good to me. If anyone on this forums deserves one, it's you and Jay. And he has his.

Gamer IDs

Despite all that I organized on GoW Fanon, I think the administration has dropped the ball on it, so I contemplating, posting a thread to organize my stories, characters, pictures, comedies, (yea, we all know those are golden, ) and all the other random cr@p I have going on...like the COG Swimsuit Calander, ...nah, EPIC would frown on that.

...anyway, suggestions, advice? It you're going to throw tomatoes, please be sure they're orange, and not GREEN... ...those hurt.
    Wiat... wait, wait, wait, wait.... this COG swimsuit thingamabob.... if it's that calender - HELL NO, but if it's a female addition, then sure. Yes, post away.

And a collection for your fictions might be a cool idea. Go ahead and post if you ever feel the need to. But what are you gonna call it?!

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Wiat... wait, wait, wait, wait.... this COG swimsuit thingamabob.... if it's that calender - HELL NO, but if it's a female addition, then sure. Yes, post away.

And a collection for your fictions might be a cool idea. Go ahead and post if you ever feel the need to. But what are you gonna call it?!
    There aren't enough chicks for a female calander.
    Anya-January
    Sam-February
    The Queen-March
    Bernie-April
    Alex-May
    Berserker-June
    Maria-July
    Baird-August

See, there isn't enough Chicks man!
    STD 4 LYFE
    The Original Grub Killer

Gamer IDs

Anya-January
    Sam-February
    The Queen-March
    Bernie-April
    Alex-May
    Berserker-June
    Maria-July
    Baird-August

I see what you did there. Your actions against Baird shall be brought to light and your corrupt ways put to an end.

No, I chuckled. I don't know about you, but I'd rather take half a calender over whatever hides in Jonesy's masterpiece.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

I see what you did there. Your actions against Baird shall be brought to light and your corrupt ways put to an end.

No, I chuckled. I don't know about you, but I'd rather take half a calender over whatever hides in Jonesy's masterpiece.
    I am trying hard not to imagine a Berserker in a Two Piece........I am failing.

*Que Berserker Pr0n from Thumbs*
    STD 4 LYFE
    The Original Grub Killer

Gamer IDs

I am trying hard not to imagine a Berserker in a Two Piece........I am failing.

*Que Berserker Pr0n from Thumbs*
    Sorry, Kim already has her.......

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Sorry, Kim already has her.......
    I thought Kim had da Codes to Mama Carmine's house?
    STD 4 LYFE
    The Original Grub Killer

Gamer IDs

Kim's a playa'.... ever wounder why the Horde has so many Drones?

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Lol, Kim is soo badass, the Locust needed to send their Numba one general to take him out. .
    STD 4 LYFE
    The Original Grub Killer

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Anya-January
    Sam-February
    The Queen-March
    Bernie-April
    Alex-May
    Berserker-June
    Maria-July
    Baird-August

Sure there is; example:

January-Gettner (Raven pilot)
    February-Myrrah (Locust Queen, for those who don't know her name)
    March-Margeret Hoffman
    April-Maria...in prego!
    May-Major Helen Stroud
    June-Dr. Maryon Hayman
    July-Elaine Fenix...in prego!
    August-Bernie
    September-Elinor Lytton Baird (Baird's mom)
    October-Berserker
    November-Dr. Helen Cooper
    December-Madison Carmine

...and then Baird can be the centerfold...smeared in motor oil!

I thought Kim had da Codes to Mama Carmine's house?
    ...considering he's been there at least three times...that we know of.

That's...a good question...still pending, lol...

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Sure there is; example:

January-Gettner (Raven pilot)
    February-Myrrah (Locust Queen, for those who don't know her name)
    March-Margeret Hoffman
    April-Maria...in prego!
    May-Major Helen Stroud
    June-Dr. Maryon Hayman
    July-Elaine Fenix...in prego!
    August-Bernie
    September-Elinor Lytton Baird (Baird's mom)
    October-Berserker
    November-Dr. Helen Cooper
    December-Madison Carmine
    No Anya and Sam???

...and then Baird can be the centerfold...smeared in motor oil!
    O_o
    STD 4 LYFE
    The Original Grub Killer

Gamer IDs

Anya and Sam together...... for the whole calander.....

Oh yeah!

Call it "Jonesy's stuff, maaan."

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Anya and Sam together...... for the whole calander.....

Oh yeah!

Call it "Jonesy's stuff, maaan."
    That will be worth paying 20 bucks for a calander.
    STD 4 LYFE
    The Original Grub Killer

Gamer IDs

^See, he agrees.

Jonesy, where can a few fellers get the calenders?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast