Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

yeah. I posted a fix for it in another thread. it almost completely gets rid of the spam friend request. did u see it?

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tarnationsauce2 View Post
    OT But is this where GOTOBEERDRINKER Spammer comes from???
    He is NOT associated with Beer Drinkers DM in any way except he is a player.

He hasn't been banned because:

1) He will just get a new IP and DVD hash and start spamming Beer Drinkers.

2) I don't know what he did to get banned on Epic, but he doesn't cheat and he doesn't spam Beer Drinkers. He is not one of the best players, so just kick his ass around I don't think it's right to ban someone just because another admin banned him on another server.

3) If he is banned, I will have to disable chat messages and install UTMonitor (don't even know what it does).

4) Even if he is banned, it will do nothing to stop him from spamming your inbox.

If he is bothering most people on Beer Drinkers, we can take action, but it will probably make things worse, at least for a while.

You guys let me know if he is causing a lot of problems, but I'm on the server a little every night or every other night, and I have seen people that are a lot more annoying than he. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Iron Guard

Oh, and I saw someone chat that it could be me...which is ridiculous. I'll go to Greed tonight as Taffy and you can see that not only can I join, but the admin can get my DVD hash and IP and verify me.

Secondly, Beer Drinkers has never needed solicitation for players. It has been the number 1 NA TDM/DM server for the last 4.5 years.

I honestly think he is doing more damage to Beer Drinkers by soliciting players from other servers. But, there really isn't anything I can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by wikkid View Post
    You would be, if they were where the site said they are but they aren't
    Both are in Chicago and if I was a betting man, the Carnage Server you linked, judging by the ping it has(for me), I would say it is actually in Chicago too.
    I was playing last night on there for a few maps and I think either Mostly Harmless or some other guy owns it. I'll have to ask again but I could of swore they said it was in New Jersey.

With all of this location of server talk all I'm aimed at is if we could get a better server for the Official Epic Greed # 1 server [(will probably never happen) Hell I'd even donate a few bucks for the switch]. Everyone constantly complains about lag, and when I seen that some really good servers were also located in New Jersey I thought why can't the Official Epic Greed # 1 server "upgrade" ,,, until I find out for sure about where the Carnage server is located I am holding my peace on that issue.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tarnationsauce2 View Post
    OT But is this where GOTOBEERDRINKER Spammer comes from???
    Quote Originally Posted by UTPlayer529th View Post
    yeah.
    Ummmm...NO.

I don't know what your agenda is, or what you're trying to say exactly, but please stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Ummmm...NO.

I don't know what your agenda is, or what you're trying to say exactly, but please stop.

Jarred spams people in the form of a friend request with the name GOTOBEERDRINKER. Your server is called Beer Drinkers. tarnationsauce2 asked where does it come from. What you see here is a result of you letting it carry on regardless of what you think is your best action. It's not my fault, nor responsibility, it's yours. I'm sorry you have to go through this. You said it yourself, it's doing more damage than good. Shut the server down if you don't want to deal with people asking in a public forum what their spam friend request is about but putting words in my mouth and to say I have an agenda is unbecoming.
    Last edited by UTPlayer529th; 01-08-2013 at 10:21 PM.

The Sacrifice

lol jarredfarrer, the goo-noob off his OCD meds ... one of the few people who can make Polish's Manta fetish look almost sane.

However unlike Polish, who is pretty nice, for years every interaction from jarred has been his being a straight up jerk to lesser-skilled players, and a disruptive troll to everyone in general.

Not my business, but that's a highly recommended permaban.

By the way if anyone has missed this thread it will show you how to "fix" the spam messages.

MSgt. Shooter Person

About that Jarred guy...he joined a server a few days ago I was in and accused me of aimbotting over and over again (I wasn't botting, obviously, he was just being obnoxious) and was using some sort of hack that let him circumvent getting kicked by UTComp. Whenever you would vote kick him it would automatically start a kick vote for someone else. Real obnoxious kid. This was on Enter the Void NFO. This is my first experience with the guy but for the good of the community he should be on every single ban list there is.

On another note, are there any active US CTF servers that aren't Instagib?
    Last edited by FuLLBLeeD; 01-11-2013 at 03:54 AM.

The Sacrifice

Taffy, it's pretty simple: Jarred is ruining the game for a lot of people and you refuse to ban him from Beerdrinkers. And yeah, he spams friend requests to people in your server, too.

Since you refuse to ban him, it certainly *seems* like you are protecting him.

In the meantime, I will do the only thing I can do: quit playing on your server. Maybe when your server dies he will quit spamming.

ggs

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PS3 MaceoKat

Quote Originally Posted by xeanderthal View Post
    Taffy, it's pretty simple: Jarred is ruining the game for a lot of people and you refuse to ban him from Beerdrinkers. And yeah, he spams friend requests to people in your server, too.

In the meantime, I will do the only thing I can do: quit playing on your server. Maybe when your server dies he will quit spamming.

ggs
    Quoted for truth
    "A community is like a ship; everyone ought to be prepared to take the helm"

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by xeanderthal View Post

ggs
    I'm not protecting him, I'm protecting the server. Read what I wrote. He gets new IPs and Hashes comes back and goes ape sh!t.

What I'm afraid of, is if I ban him, then he will ruin the server, just like he has ruined/is ruining Epic Greed.

Your threat to stop playing on BD is silly, he goes on any popular server and spams at will. You're just going to have to stop playing all together if you want to avoid him entirely.

You also need read what I wrote. I didn't say I wouldn't ban him, I said I would try it if he was bothering people too much. From what I've seen he is no worse than some other players. Now it sounds like he is being too disruptive. So, we can try banning him.
    Last edited by Taffy; 01-11-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by UTPlayer529th View Post
    Jarred spams people in the form of a friend request with the name GOTOBEERDRINKER. Your server is called Beer Drinkers. tarnationsauce2 asked where does it come from. What you see here is a result of you letting it carry on regardless of what you think is your best action. It's not my fault, nor responsibility, it's yours. I'm sorry you have to go through this. You said it yourself, it's doing more damage than good. Shut the server down if you don't want to deal with people asking in a public forum what their spam friend request is about but putting words in my mouth and to say I have an agenda is unbecoming.
    I have no control over what people name themselves and how they behave on other servers. You act like I have some kind of magic wand I can wave and make it all go away. Get real.

You puts the words out there, and they are quite clear. You;re implication was obvious, and wrong.

Iron Guard

Actually, he hasn't been on the greed server in months.
    He is a BIG reason the server fell from #1 to #10.

You guys want me to ban him? Sure thing. My prediction is Beer Drinkers will get nailed repeatedly, and suffer a similar fate to Epic Greed.

Iron Guard

The same thing he is doing for your server, is what he did for Epic Greed #1, his ban from Epic's Servers will never be lifted.
    I don't know what this means. Again; he doesn't hate, doesn't spam, and doesn't cheat. Sure, I hear him bragging about spamming other servers, but why is that my problem? My reason for banning him now is two fold. 1) He is drawing too much negative attention to Beer Drinkers, and 2) now I see the community is pressuring me to do it because he is apparently too disruptive? I don't know, he doesn't seem to be very annoying and doesn't even play that much.

Whatever.

Iron Guard

That is some what correct, there were other factors on when the server started to drop, it was mainly new games.
    People now say it was other things but at the time, when a new game was released, a drop happened and until this last week, more were starting to join again but it has dropped again(I blame xmas, even the war server has dropped a bit), throughout the day the max is still 15-17 players and 2-3 spec's.

jarred came later...
    I saw what happened, and I'm very familiar with the time line. People were sick of his bots constantly spamming and Epic being unable to do anything about it.

Default FIX FOR INGAME SPAM MESSAGES from Jarred

Find the INT folder under:
    Program Files(x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Localization\INT

Open up 'UTGameUI.int' with notepad, find [ToastMessages] and the string/code is:
    RecievedFriendInviteSpecific=***delete this part of the message***

Once you've deleted the specified text save the file to desktop. Then backup the original in a safe place, and then take the saved file on Desktop and just install it back into it's original location.

This method should work for most of the lines of code under [ToastMessages] I say most because I haven't tried them. e.g. alot of people get Invites to play a game. Just delete the text after:
    RecievedGameInviteSpecific=***delete this part of the message***

A tiny grey mark appears on the bottom of the screen but no text message appears.

Now watch this and laugh your ass off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...EjtX4_-ks&NR=1
    Last edited by UTPlayer529th; 01-11-2013 at 10:44 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

He is a BIG reason the server fell from #1 to #10.

You guys want me to ban him? Sure thing. My prediction is Beer Drinkers will get nailed repeatedly, and suffer a similar fate to Epic Greed.
    What fate? the fate of a very active server?
    WAR players are actually playing greed as well, so it's not like he has single handedly killed the Greed servers, on the contrary, it's grown and the skill level is getting insane...
    And the mess that you guys probably encouraged has basically turned into "Oh it's just that stupid kid spamming again"
    Necris posted a temp fix (I say "temp" because the kid will get the hint after he's banned from every server in UT3)
    If you're so worried about your server then educate your regular players about the immaturity that is this person.
    As well as the S*it storm that will ensue once you ban him, link them to the post on how to stop the spam friend requests etc.
    Doing otherwise is just enabling yourself to say "I told you so!"
    Through active administration and being part of the community that plays on your servers, its nothing that can't be taken care of.
    Just ask Flak and Wikkid (and Necris' temp fix), they've done a fantastic job of keeping the immaturity at bay.

And to stay on topic (Before this thread gets closed)
    I play on the Official Epic servers, if there's a game going, I'm there!
    And Binkys server, because it's a crazy fun time with all the mods he has installed.
    pacificnorthwestserver
    Sometimes the RIIP server because they have a variety of custom Greed maps (With the single scoring hole for both teams)

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy_Doe View Post
    What fate? the fate of a very active server?
    IMO it isn't a very active server. Matter of fact it's pretty dead most of the time. It isn't anything like it was before it was spammed into oblivion.

Iron Guard

You know the timeline? So then you know that it was when diablo dropped and didn't just try to say it was jarred, like you are trying to brag for him...

See, this is why people are suspect of you...
    I have no idea what diablo is. As far as trying to brag for him you're full of it. Period.

I saw what he did to Epic Greed, and it wasn't pretty.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

IMO it isn't a very active server. Matter of fact it's pretty dead most of the time. It isn't anything like it was before it was spammed into oblivion.
    How would you know? you don't actually play there regularly.
    Kinda like I have no clue what sort of traffic your server sees, as I don't play there.
    I'm with other folks on this one, I suspect you are that player, and if not, then at the very least, in collusion with that player.
    Your sole concern is traffic on your server, "If I ban him my server count will drop!". At the same time putting down the player count on the Greed servers, when in fact, it actually has grown. (I know this because I've been playing Greed on Official Epic servers since it was released.)
    "He's" on a rampage to bring people to your server for the weak excuse\reason of "him" being banned for violating Greed server rules.
    Rather convenient set of events if you ask me.

And this is the last time I post about this, this thread has gone way off topic.
    This is about active servers folks play on. I suggest maybe taking it to PM's at this point.
    Otherwise Flak is going to just close this thread.
    If she hasn't already decided to do so.

The Sacrifice

I'm not protecting him, I'm protecting the server. Read what I wrote. He gets new IPs and Hashes comes back and goes ape sh!t.
    I understand your desire to protect a (your) popular UT3 DM server.

Now it sounds like he is being too disruptive. So, we can try banning him.
    I appreciate it. If he is banned I will continue to play at BD.

Slippy slipped out into lala land

Bizzump10characterminimum

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456