Results 1 to 31 of 31
  1. #1
    Player Experience Specialist
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    18,613
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fl4k

    Default [OFFICIAL] Server Crash Fix

    This Windows only replacement executable fixes an exploit that allows clients to crash servers.

    Please back up your copy of UT3.exe and replace it with the new file. This is a server side only fix; client do not need to replace their files.

    You can grab the file at http://www.epicgames.com/download/UT3ServerFix.zip

    Thank you!

    FilePlay


    Wicked HQ Mirror

    MP-Servers Mirror

    Game-Maps Mirror
    Last edited by Flak; 10-21-2010 at 07:31 PM.
    Player Experience Specialist
    Stacey Conley
    Epic Games, Inc.

  2. #2
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    310
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fijut

    Default

    Thank you. I assume there's nothing else planned?

  3. #3
    Prisoner 849
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Nice. Downloaded and Updated
    MPF Games : Founder
    zunnie.nl : My personal website

    Intel Core2Duo 3GHz
    4GB DDR2 RAM
    nVidia GeForce 9800GT 1GB

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Player Experience Specialist
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    18,613
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fl4k

    Default

    Thank you loco!
    Player Experience Specialist
    Stacey Conley
    Epic Games, Inc.

  6. #6

    Default

    Will this work on a vanilla server also?
    Unreal4eva
    ______________________________________________

  7. #7
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ...ǝpís ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ
    Posts
    2,555

    Default

    i have grabed the file but i have no idea how to install that...
    should i ask to my provider? or can i do it myself...
    i just cant find that UT3.exe file in my servers UT3 binaries folder i bet i have no access to that side of the game on the server...or i m blind
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ...ǝpís ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ
    Posts
    2,555

    Default

    thx loco....my fault....linux server....pills!!
    Last edited by Bl!tz~; 10-14-2010 at 03:15 PM.
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

  10. #10

  11. #11
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    165

    Default

    So will this fix solve the issues/spamming idiot that have been plaguing Epic War#2 recently? Specifically the issue where a player joins a server repeatedly through some spamming program and forces the server to crash.

    If so I'll spread the word and get it up on our BOOM servers asap.
    UT3 Game Admin @ www.FraggedNation.com Come join the fragfest!


  12. #12
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    175
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: holyvoid

    Default

    i don't have it and someone crashed the server yesterday by rapidly logging in and out. Will get this one soon.
    Welcome to the Void Server Ut3 DM >> 74.91.120.127:7777/ Port: 7777
    Welcome to Void BR Server (Bombing Run) 173.173.78.160
    xfire: voidydude

  13. #13
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    175
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: holyvoid

    Default

    Did notwork for me...is there anything else that needs to be done other than replace the ut3.exe in the binaries?
    Welcome to the Void Server Ut3 DM >> 74.91.120.127:7777/ Port: 7777
    Welcome to Void BR Server (Bombing Run) 173.173.78.160
    xfire: voidydude

  14. #14

    Default

    I'm having trouble installing this as well, I'll admit I'm somewhat of a noob with this, so any info will be appreciated.

  15. #15
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crows_dagger View Post
    I'm having trouble installing this as well, I'll admit I'm somewhat of a noob with this, so any info will be appreciated.
    Download, unzip, replace the original file "UT3.exe" with this one. As Flak said make a backup of your original first.

    Your "UT3.exe" should be located in the UT3/Binaries folder on your server. Restart your server afterwards.
    UT3 Game Admin @ www.FraggedNation.com Come join the fragfest!


  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_SalsaMan View Post
    Download, unzip, replace the original file "UT3.exe" with this one. As Flak said make a backup of your original first.

    Your "UT3.exe" should be located in the UT3/Binaries folder on your server. Restart your server afterwards.
    hi =)
    i have a linux server,and also my server chash...
    but i haven't this file("UT3.exe") for replace,on my server folder

    UT3 folder



    and UT3/Binaries folder



    I haven't this file on linux server...=( how can fix the server??
    another pach for linux??

    can we help me??

    best regards
    penpen

  17. #17
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Thank guys ! great solution !!!
    LoRD. - Site Owner
    www.MasterPlayer.com.ar
    UT3 Community

  18. #18

    Default

    this Fix, is only for windows servers?

  19. #19
    Prisoner 849
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Unless you can run UT3.exe on Linux, i would say yes for windows only.
    MPF Games : Founder
    zunnie.nl : My personal website

    Intel Core2Duo 3GHz
    4GB DDR2 RAM
    nVidia GeForce 9800GT 1GB

  20. #20
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    310
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fijut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voidy View Post
    i don't have it and someone crashed the server yesterday by rapidly logging in and out. Will get this one soon.
    It does not fully fix the problems this method can cause
    Last edited by Fijut; 04-13-2011 at 10:22 PM.

  21. #21
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fijut View Post
    It does not fully fix the problems this method can cause
    And who would know better than you? At Hedsteem, we have proof that it is you that attempts to bring people's servers down.

    If any Epic staff or admins of other servers wish to see the evidence (Server log files etc), then feel free to PM me.

    Pop

  22. #22
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    310
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fijut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pop! View Post
    And who would know better than you?
    Only one group of people would
    It would help if you really knew what we were talking about. If i recall, most server admins were warned by this from me in the first place, and they just dismissed me as being paranoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop! View Post
    At Hedsteem, we have proof that it is you that attempts to bring people's servers down.
    My IP is in your log a few times and some players joined Thanks for the thread publicity i needed. Guess what - if you set your resolution to 640x480 and low detail, and keep typing reconnect - you can recreate those logs yourself.

    Maybe if Flak helped me properly a while ago this never would have happened.

    Rememeber the "JOIN EXPLOIT" Flak? It all ties in. I shat myself when i first saw it, but because that exploit on it's own is actually harmless, it turns out epic couldn't be bothered to patch it = whole crash patch fails.

    If i'd made another stupid youtube video, people would have disregarded it. But you know the response will be huge now Maybe epic will even patch

    There is a bigger hole in the patch that needs to be investigated, however. Servers may no longer crash due to the issue that was directly patched but they can still be caused to lag greatly.

    Thank you Erenox, and the last clan, you have been a great inspiration in this task, in fact you were the first to use these exploits and crashed mpuk|epic #2 which triggered the release of epic's crash patch, however this does not stop people from messing with servers anyway - Which people no doubt have been, as i found after some investigation with my own server.

    Shall we just forget hedsteem publicly posted sensitive information about me?

    btw, crappy video mentioned is here - 3810 servers still exploitable - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvIQ4jS-NjI

    Final point to whatever happens is that servers are still vulnerable. Give us at least a proper serverside patch, if not a real patch.
    Last edited by Fijut; 04-14-2011 at 09:45 AM.

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fijut View Post
    Only one group of people would
    .

    Shall we just forget hedsteem publicly posted sensitive information about me?
    What your autism? Everyone Knows.

  24. #24
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    310
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fijut

    Default

    hello hedsteem user

    why do you pretend to use fk nero's name? coolcat22 on this forum is his real account: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=758523
    Last edited by Fijut; 04-14-2011 at 10:02 AM.

  25. #25
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fijut View Post
    It would help if you really knew what we were talking about. If i recall, most server admins were warned by this from me in the first place, and they just dismissed me as being paranoid.
    I know what I need to know. And that is that you attempted to bring our server down last night using exploits and DDOS attacks.
    We have proof, which is littered all over the place with your IP number, which is the same IP number that Epic admins will find attached to your posts here.

    And yes, you are paranoid, because you assume rather more than you know.

    Pop

  26. #26
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    310
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fijut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pop! View Post
    I know what I need to know. And that is that you attempted to bring our server down last night using exploits and DDOS attacks.
    Wrong. Obviously you're quite upset with what happened but then, maybe you should be more careful with what you say about other people.

    As i said before, the servers remain uncrashable but you can still cause some discomfort to the people playing on them, which i knew before last night because of a lot of tests on my own server

    Quote Originally Posted by Pop! View Post
    We have proof, which is littered all over the place with your IP number, which is the same IP number that Epic admins will find attached to your posts here.
    as we discussed already, i said at the time, i know. if epic even cares they could have simply got my ip from another source.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pop! View Post
    And yes, you are paranoid, because you assume rather more than you know.
    obviously i appear paranoid to people who don't know the full story
    Last edited by Fijut; 04-14-2011 at 11:02 AM.

  27. #27
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    9th Hell...
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    The fact you may have tried to draw attention to this matter in the first place doesn't grant you free reign to use this in order to disrupt successful servers to satisfy yourself over the failure of yours.

    You are making an arse of yourself... I won't bother with this but its sad to still see some the very few people left around UT3 on PC to be bickering with pointless topics.

    The ability to Exploit something for which ever reason is not something one should be bragging about.

    Have a nice day.
    BIGBADABOOM!!!

  28. #28
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    310
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Fijut

    Default

    who's bragging? of course you think i really wanted to find flaws in the patch?

  29. #29
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    91
    LoRD. - Site Owner
    www.MasterPlayer.com.ar
    UT3 Community

  30. #30
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    FK nero holland
    Posts
    2,277
    UT3DOM 5.0 IS OUT http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/news.php
    PATCH 2.0 [/url] malcolm is back in ut3
    RANKIN is BACK in ut3
    AT LAST UT3 PS3 NOW HAVE COSTUM SOUND SWEET
    ps3 players all go too this site http://www.iamgaming.com/
    its the best ps3 comunaty for ut3 at ps3

  31. #31
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    91

    Default

    I could, I tried another Serial Key, another query port, another password, another mail account name, I tried everything and still do not appear in the "List of Servers".

    What else I can do .. I have tried EVERYTHING!

    : (: (: (
    LoRD. - Site Owner
    www.MasterPlayer.com.ar
    UT3 Community


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright ©2009-2011 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search vBulletin skin by CompletevB.com.