Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Not that I want to join the fray, but I also do freelance art and I advertise only through word of mouth. I give little discounts to people who blog or post about my work in order to bolster the awareness of my site. It's a great solid way to control your clientbase (good clients tend to refer good clients) and get a healthy position in the community. Forums count about 90% of my new business. Also I get past clients to comment in my threads on forums so that there is a central place for prospective clients to view my work. Just saying it's a valid approach.

Prisoner 849

Quote Originally Posted by aleuus View Post
    Lexluthor1, well I am a little disturbed by your unprofessional approach. ?
    Having posted your stuff on public forum you should be aware that people will analyse everything about it and give their opinions, whether you like them or not!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Lexluthor1 View Post
    Having posted your stuff on public forum you should be aware that people will analyse everything about it and give their opinions, whether you like them or not!
    Their is a difference between analyzing and being a douchebag.

Prisoner 849

Quote Originally Posted by purot View Post
    Their is a difference between analyzing and being a douchebag.

.................................................. .....

MSgt. Shooter Person

I hired Eugene for some freelance work via this thread. You can see my query posted on a previous page. I didn't know him previously and he's not the first freelancer I've hired either, nor am I new to the games industry. I've dealt with recruiters also and many artists (most really) are hired based on what they show within their portfolio, so I don't understand why anyone would find a portfolio post strange. Especially since it's a thread within a forum section specifically designed for finding hires.

For the record, his work has been exceptional, timely and exactly to my specifications. He's been professional throughout. I've recommended him to friends at studios I know. The art he's produced for us is often commented on, always in a positive way. When I have the need for more characters, his contact info will be at the top of my list.
    Last edited by Rogdor; 01-29-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Thank you all for posting and bumping my thread...:P Enjoy the new character.

Eugene

New Character

Quote Originally Posted by Lexluthor1 View Post
    I have many modeller freinds who work in the game industry and not one has ever used a community forum to get work, unless they were inexperienced students just starting out! Neither have I ever seen their clients writing on their websites or blogs/forums saying how great they were to work with...It all looks like its been set-up by a small group of friends to help gain work...
    This part almost made me spit out my coffee.
    I'm sorry but did you just discover the internet? Do you REALLY find it odd that people use forums like these, for the purpose of which they are intended, to find work? Really?
    How do you suppose Freelancers, which is very different from someone with a full-time job "in the biz", should find this type of work?
    And how in the world is feedback something uncommon? Especially on forums?

Now, I can't speak for the validity of this particular individual (aleeus) and of course if the 'clients' in question are friends of the individual then their feedback may not be valuable at all.
    And I also do agree that if you post anything publicly then you are subjecting yourself and the content of your post to scrutiny.

I completely agree to the fact that anything I post publicly will be bound to criticism. Critiques should be constructive and objective orientated, as in something to do with the service I am providing (3D). It should not be orientated around whether or not I have a social relationship with my clients. How do you think my clients hear about me that don't use engine development forums... word of mouth. A friend of a friend's friend recommends me to a friend

New Character

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well i just wanted to add that work i have seen from you aleuus is one of the best in industry that i have seen in decade so far. I have no idea what kind of constructive criticism are some people giving you on this forums, if your work needs any criticism at all, then most of the work i have seen in games or movies should be redone from ground up. Keep up the good work.

This is unbelievably beautiful. Too bad that you only do paid contracts, haha.

I would do it for free if the damn stores would stop charging for food

The Sacrifice

Hey Eugene! Awesome work bro... as always your kickin my ass!

The Sacrifice

Wow really high quality models. Would you be interested in doing models for an role playing game?
    Fortis Rex Rise Of The King, A Medieval Army-Commanding RPG: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...7#post29971877

MSgt. Shooter Person

Looking good! Just added you to Skype, it will be great to discuss rates etc.

Johnny T. can you give me username I can't seem to find it in my contacts list. New character, enjoy!

Eugene

MSgt. Shooter Person

Do you also do particle effects?

Hello Kuda,

No unfortunately, I do not do particle effects as of right now.

Really nice work. keep it up

Thanks 3dgambit, will do and for the rest of you I'm open for more contracts as of this week

Redeemer

Damn, I wish I had money to hire you!

Sci-Fi update with environment assets.

New character. Enjoy

The Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by aleuus View Post
    I would do it for free if the damn stores would stop charging for food
    I can give you a few of my restaurant tickets for free.. in exchange for a character! ha!
    Great work, enjoyed reading through this thread and your portfolio.

p.s. the reel needs updating, alot of non-textured work and the last 20 seconds were just a blank black screen.
    Project Manager
    Critical Point: Incursion Project Site & Studio Site
    CP:I are recruiting: link here
    Check our our Showcase thread here: link here
    Check our our Facebook page here: link here

Redeemer

You said "Animation" but I couldn't find any animation on your website D:
    Lead Programmer
    It's the Only NEET Thing to Do

Programming for non-fiction.
    I'm the function of my code. Conditions are my body and calls are my blood. I have input over a thousand lines. Unknown of bugs, nor known to work. Have withstand coffee to create many programs. Yet, those hands will never code anything again. So, as I pray, Unlimited Code Works.

The Sacrifice

Awesome work man, love it :-)
    Follow me on Twitter

Hello,
    Thank you all for the feedback If you'd like to talk more specific about examples and my workflow please feel free to email me: aleuus@live.com I would be happy to provide animation and rigging examples via email or skype

All the best,

Eugene
    Last edited by aleuus; 06-26-2012 at 04:15 AM.

Portfolio Update

Hey cool work, like the concept too - did you do that yourself? Just had to ask as I saw a similar image by Rabbiteyes and it reminded me of it. http://rabbiteyes.deviantart.com/gal...et=24#/d4j90fd

Keep up the good work

Banned

Amazing work you have...i wish you the best of luck!

Veteran

Some of your art looks awfully familiar;

- Please do not send me questions regarding programming or implementing things in UDK via Private Message. I do not have time to respond and they are much better answered in the forums. -

Redeemer

That's starting to get interesting ...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah, Blinxx pointed out that similarity a while ago. Unfortunately no comment from either of artists was made back then.
    UE 4 / UDK Environment artist.
    Website/Portfolio
    thread on forum - here
    profile on LinkedIn - here

Hello all,

Allow me to clarify: The 3d model you see is based on the concept I was provided by a client for a 3d art test. The original concept belongs to them (Earthlings) and the concept artist (Rabbiteyes). Sorry for any confusion. The 3d model rights to this particular character in my portfolio solely belongs to me.

I apologies for my delayed response I haven't been on the forums in a while and if something about my thread arises concern, feel free to get into direct contact with me via email: aleuus@live.com

All the best,

Eugene

New Characters and New Demo Reel.... check it out

bumpy... bump, bump, bump!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Beautiful models guy, I particularly love the rat
    Cheers pal!
    James Alex
    3D Character Modeler / Cyanide Montreal Studio

My Portfolio

Thanks Fraktal. Look for the rat character in Subpark Studio's upcoming title.

Available for more work

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast