Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Legend.....wait for it....dary

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealBigBoss View Post
    I dunno, maybe I'm over reacting, but it definitely seems sinister to me. Anyhow, let's hope I get the story finished quickly so I can post both at the same time. I don't wanna just post the creepy banner art. It'll scare people off.
    I ain't scared of nothing and I doesn't afraid of anything!

Post away, Boss, post away!
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

Hope to see a lot of you on the BT Forums! - 11/02/2014 (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay the Arbiter View Post
    See? Someone ain't afraid!
    Yeah!

We izn't afraid of anythingz!
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

A wise man once said... only the foolish know no fear.

Anyways, SKORGE's totally fake internet bravado aside, I need a better title than the placeholder one I'm using now. At the moment the story is called, "A dirty little war", which sucks. Any ideas on something better?

Veteran

We really need a think tank.

Argh, titles, another part that always strikes me down.

A wise man once said... only the foolish know no fear.

Anyways, SKORGE's totally fake internet bravado aside, I need a better title than the placeholder one I'm using now. At the moment the story is called, "A dirty little war", which sucks. Any ideas on something better?
    That wise man was scared..... that`s why he said that.

And OUCH..... you said fake....

I hate throwing down ideas, I can`t brainstorm...

- Oath of Blood/Honor/Sacrifice/Brotherhood
    - Ode of Reprisal

/:é

I probably should have mentioned what it's about...

During an attack on Jacinto, Hakar and Sauvix are trapped below ground in a bunker by heavy fire from COG Goliath canons. Hakar is frustrated at being out of the action, while Sauvix spends the time questioning the whole point of the war. The two engage in a witty battle of wits. But eventually the bunker is overrun by Gears, and a fierce firefight ensues, Hakar and Sauvix are forced to work together if they hope to make it out of the bunker alive. But the question remains... is it intellect, or might, that will ultimately win the day?

- PC or Mac

...... call it that....

..... will *try* to come up with ideas over night, or sleep... but you'll know tomorrow.

Veteran

Hmm, sounds interesting. Something along the lines of "Clashed Swords."

Honestly, I always get stuck when it comes to naming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay the Arbiter View Post
    Hmm, sounds interesting. Something along the lines of "Clashed Swords."

Honestly, I always get stuck when it comes to naming.
    I'm with the SAS bloke, where are the others who damn well throw out titles left and right all the time?

Veteran

Don't you love being Sidetracked?

Looks like I'll have to do the Taus planning today and the write up on Friday.

No...

Well Jay, do as you wish, the thread will still be here. We'll be awaiting the update(s) as progress is made.

And you did.

Has anyone seen a Theron with it's mouth closed? And is the idea of a Theron with a mohawk just flat out awful?

Redeemer

Depends what the mohawk is 'made' of xD For a Locust...what would it be made of? Not hair, surely, but...???

I'm just getting the impression that Theron's are hard to individualize. Lol, and for some reason I've always imagined Sauvix to have black hair.

Veteran

I think when I say "Mohawk" I mean the thing on RAAM's head. I just call it Mohawk. (Now I've got a horrible feeling I've ruined all of Boss's hard work )

Sauvix with black hair? Wouldn't surprise me.

Umm... well I interpreted RAAM's "mohawk" as a warrior topknot of a kind.

Now I know that sounds kinda crap, but trust me, it's totally badass.

Anyways, since this is Hakar, not RAAM, there's bound to be differences. But he still kinda looks, RAAM-like. Although, he does make RAAM look almost snuggly in comparison.

I dunno, I'll try some things with Sauvix, bound to come up with something that works eventually.

And you did.

Has anyone seen a Theron with it's mouth closed? And is the idea of a Theron with a mohawk just flat out awful?
    You had me at 'Theron' and 'Mohawk'. Although, it would have to be Locust-like. You know? Not hair, but some other way of portraying its style. Kind of like RAAM... he had thing going on....

Veteran

Anyways, since this is Hakar, not RAAM, there's bound to be differences. But he still kinda looks, RAAM-like. Although, he does make RAAM look almost snuggly in comparison.
    The Son superior to the father? It's the American Godzilla all over again!

For those who don't know, the TV Series "Godzilla: The Series" which followed after the 1998 movie was considered superior in every sense. (TV Godzilla, or "Zilla Junior" was looked at much favourably than Movie Godzilla.)

I liked it when Godzilla teamed up with robot Godzilla and they double suplexed Mothra all over Tokyo. Then high fived and made that funny Godzilla noise.

Veteran

MechaGodzilla, most likely.

Anyway, now that I finished Taus's story, going to take a break and try and work out Ithak's, possibly plot a Hakar story as well.

And more lovely pictures of AdamFenix's Onwa figure added to the Codex.

Redeemer
    outside your bedroom door, planting a frag.

And you did.

the "mohawk" is just the metal thing RAAM has on the back of his head.

Therons with their mouths closed look basically like RAAm except a little more slender.
    skills for kills my man skills for kills

^ Metal? Ohh well, it's hair in my pic now! Yeah, in all the pictures I've seen of Therons they all have big toothy open mouths, no idea why, but that's how I ended up drawing it. Just doing the boring details now, which is... boring.

Lol, think I'll do multiple hairstyles for Sauvix and let people vote on the one they like the best. I predict, they vote for no hair at all though.

Speaking of Sauvix, I'm guessing he was opposed to the war at the start, yeah?

^Boring? Like what.... shoelaces and stuff?

Dammit, if Sauvix comes out looking like the Mercenaries 2 character, then you've got my vote! Then again, I don't exactly know how much work you've finished, or how long I'll have to wait.

Veteran

Lol, think I'll do multiple hairstyles for Sauvix and let people vote on the one they like the best. I predict, they vote for no hair at all though.

Speaking of Sauvix, I'm guessing he was opposed to the war at the start, yeah?
    Yeah do that, I think it would be pretty cool.

And yeah, Sauvix never supported the war.

Quote Originally Posted by SKORGE View Post
    ^Boring? Like what.... shoelaces and stuff?

Dammit, if Sauvix comes out looking like the Mercenaries 2 character, then you've got my vote! Then again, I don't exactly know how much work you've finished, or how long I'll have to wait.
    No, doing all the armor and weapon details, it's tiresome...

He'll have a couple of different looks I suppose.

Good Jay, cause I have a flashback scene that I really like, and want to include. It's a good character developing moment.

Veteran

Um... why DOES Sauvis have hair?
    I came up with the Bag 'N Tag idea. No really, check the date. (proof)
    Fanboy of Gears since GameInformer's 2005 cover-article
    Speedtest - my internet is slower than yours

"Tommorrow" - short story..................................................Games as Literature: Aspho Fields podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Thumbs View Post
    Lololol... I know, it sounds crazy, but... just give it a chance. You can always vote for the standard, non coiffured version.

I dunno, it's just a weird idea I had to individualize the horde more. And it will either work, or it won't. I'm interested in pushing the envelope a little. He'll still be recognizably Theron, authentic to the original design, just personalized a little more than usual.

No, doing all the armor and weapon details, it's tiresome...
    Oh, well it's been awhile since you've posted any Locust artwork up. I think the last one you did was that Locust Drone with the two swords and white cloth thing around it's face. This should be interesting.

Right now, I'm picturing Sauvix as RAAM with a medium Mohawk, a black one at that.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Thumbs View Post
    Well, why not?

Lololol... I know, it sounds crazy, but... just give it a chance. You can always vote for the standard, non coiffured version.

I dunno, it's just a weird idea I had to individualize the horde more. And it will either work, or it won't. I'm interested in pushing the envelope a little. He'll still be recognizably Theron, authentic to the original design, just personalized a little more than usual.
    It'll still be fun! Anyway, Sauvix is always going to be the one that looks annoyed.

Veteran

"Why not"? Well, he's a Drone, for one...

I came up with the Bag 'N Tag idea. No really, check the date. (proof)
    Fanboy of Gears since GameInformer's 2005 cover-article
    Speedtest - my internet is slower than yours

"Tommorrow" - short story..................................................Games as Literature: Aspho Fields podcast

Veteran

Nah, I was only fooling around.

We'll just have to see what Boss comes up with.

Well, here's the question, I wanna change the flashback to when Sauvix was younger, a lot younger, like maybe young teen age range? And it would need to feature his sire (father), Bovix. Bovix is like this crazy mad scientist hermit type Theron. Looked on as something of an outcast, but at the same time, feared, due to his huge size, wild attitude and previous military distinctions. So, is this ok?

Woah, so kind of like Adam Fenix, except Psycho in a sense?

No, not as controlled and educated as Adam Fenix, more like a a crazy viking woodsman living in a cave meets rebellious psycho Leonardo Da Vinci meets anti authority screw the system Theron...

Yeah, he's kinda hard to explain.

.... so.... a psycho... in it for the pain and misery of others?

Sounds like an awesome character. Crazy Therons... now that's just a win idea. Personally, Adam Fenix's attitude toward those 'priceless artifacts' annoyed me. A lot. I can just picture this guy going nuts over some latest invention, made to kill better, faster and a lot more brutally then ever before.

Wait, no, not a psycho, although...

Lol, better try avoiding spoilers for now.

It's more to do with how the others perceive him, than how he actually is. He's sort of old too, stubborn, set in his ways. Hard to explain, but if Jay says "yes", he'll be in the story in a very cool flashback.

Redeemer

I'm getting excited to see this story of yours Boss! I can't wait to see your take on paternal relationships in the Locust

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast