Gamertag: Sgt Grub

Marrow fiend? Do not get.
    Sent from My Keyboard using My Fingers
    STD 4 LYFE
    The Original Grub Killer

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zilla Junior

So er... Grub, think "Here I am" by The Explosion is a good theme song for Ithak?

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Never heard it, and for the first time that I've seen, its blocked on Youtube. Something about Copyrights. :/ I would imagine a song for her would have the same underlieing message as "I will kick the sh*t out of you" lol
    Last edited by Sgt. Grub k1ller; 03-02-2011 at 08:14 PM.
    STD 4 LYFE
    The Original Grub Killer

Legend.....wait for it....dary
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Meh PSN ID: Meh

It's pretty damn up-beat, for a SK-killer song, hehe. Tony-Hawk soundtrack, nice one, Jay. Nothing wrong with the choice though.
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

Hope to see a lot of you on the BT Forums! - 11/02/2014 (lol)

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Grub k1ller View Post
    Never heard it, and for the first time that I've seen, its blocked on Youtube. Something about Copyrights. :/ I would imagine a song for her would have the same underlieing message as "I will kick the sh*t out of you" lol
    Yeah, sort of punk rock rebel music.

You can't get to it? Aw, well I thought some the lyrics can relate to her. If you can ever find the song, give it a good listen.

Quote Originally Posted by SKORGE View Post
    It's pretty damn up-beat, for a SK-killer song, hehe. Tony-Hawk soundtrack, nice one, Jay. Nothing wrong with the choice though.
    Well, don't you want a nice, upbeat song to go with COG-Scum getting slaughtered by The Soul Killers?

Gamer IDs

^Haha, maybe a sad violin?
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Round these parts, A Dead Cog is a symbol of Joy!

As well as "Dying Breed" for Hakar's Theme song. I figured Immortal by Adema would be good as well.

Immortal - Adema

Kind of suits our Soul Killer Leader.

Gamer IDs

Huh, it does suit him, I'll give you that. What about Braahk, what does he get?

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pandut

Huh, it does suit him, I'll give you that. What about Braahk, what does he get?
    Heavy Breakfast Machine

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pandut View Post
    LOL!

Nice one.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

I've got to find an excuse to use "POW! HAHA!" for Braahk.

For Braahk, something fast, upbeat and Metal.

Something like This or This me thinks.

Gamer IDs

Can you Spot it Jay?

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Okay, this is another Emissary short bio. It's not quite finished yet because of two things. I'm wondering if I can add another line here or there, and a portion of it is being saved for Story purposes...

Scourge: A fact unknown to the humans is that Locust also tell each other “Spook stories”. Though while a Gear will scare a rookie with a tale of the infamous “Soul Killers”, veterans of the horde will tell tales of the Lambent monsters. If they wish to scar each other with nightmares, they will tell the story of the Lambent Emissary simply known as Scourge.

The Commander of the Emissaries, Scourge proudly holds the title of “Emissary of Destruction” and that title isn’t there for show. Scourge will lay waste to those who oppose him and leave behind only Death and Destruction. Told apart from the others by the glow of the Imulsion in his body shining through the cracks in his shadow black armour, his triple horned helmet and his weapon of choice, his blood stained Katana.

Unlike Soul Killer Hakar, who gains the respect of his team, Scourge uses pure fear to order his subordinates around. He has a violent “No failure” leadership over the Lambent creatures and will gladly execute them if they fail to live up to his standards. The other Emissaries dare not speak out against him.
    My future Antagonist.

Yeah, seems fine, but what story additions where you thinking of adding? Personally I'm not sure it needs it, but I guess it all depends on exactly what the story content might be.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

If you think it looks fine the way it is, I might keep it like that.

The bit I was saving was sort of a part of his personality that comes into play for later stories. (Though for now, I'll keep it quiet.)

Oh one other thing, tomorrow I'll be adding a few things to the Biographies page, so I'll let everyone know when I've done that.

Gamer IDs

Awesome work on Scourge, Jay, it looks good. Also, I wanted to say Happy Birthday now, in case I miss out tomorrow.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

I hoped to have summed up Scourge as an evil, but somewhat badass sounding Villain.

Cheers for the early "Happy Birthday" btw.

Gamer IDs

You did just that. Badass but evil and sadistic, even to his own.

And the pleasure is all mine, good sir. Have yourself a great time, enjoy the party and get drunk!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Not much of a drinker, but I'll be sure to enjoy myself!

Oh yeah, those Bio-page additions will come by soon as well!

Gamer IDs

Well, still, a nice bottle of Gatorade ain't bad. Haha! Looking forward towards the updates.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pandut

Quote Originally Posted by Jay the Arbiter View Post
    Okay, this is another Emissary short bio. It's not quite finished yet because of two things. I'm wondering if I can add another line here or there, and a portion of it is being saved for Story purposes...

My future Antagonist.
    Quite a scary guy. He seems to be the person that would slit your throat if you look at him with an arched eyebrow.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

So I've made some additions and renovations to the Biography pages, sort of a both a fun and ideal thing to do for the "B-Day"

Check it out!

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

HAppy B-Day Jay!

Also, read the new additions. Very awesome. Of course, if they give Myrrah a backstory in Gears 3 you'll need to retcon a few things..maybe. If you prefer to stick as close to canon as possible. Then again, your stuff might fit perfectly with the Game's lore.
    STD 4 LYFE
    The Original Grub Killer

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lIMarcusFenixlI

Splendid update, Jay! I haven't been giving this forum the loves it deserves but considering I have some down time today in school, I'm going to spread the love. This thread for your stories is coming along very nicely! The artwork blew me away---esp. those Emissaries! Those lot were completely mind-blowing! That really did those wretched beats justice! I'm excited to see what else will be added as time goes on. Keep up the great work, Jay!

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UKnowJack

My future Antagonist.
    That's an idea. My only suggestoin is to perhaps change the name, simply because it sounds and appears similar to that of Skorge, but that's just a suggestion. If he is going to hold a title of that kind of valor, perhaps you can give his sword/katana a name...similar to how the Hobbit Bilbo called his blade "Sting," or how legends named a sword Excalibur, ect.
    Last edited by Jonesybites; 03-07-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

HAppy B-Day Jay!

Also, read the new additions. Very awesome. Of course, if they give Myrrah a backstory in Gears 3 you'll need to retcon a few things..maybe. If you prefer to stick as close to canon as possible. Then again, your stuff might fit perfectly with the Game's lore.
    Cheers for the B-Day Wish Mr Grub!

Anyhow, you're right about Myrrah, if she does get a backstory (Which she most likely will) then I'll have to alter the bio to fit with Gears 3. Alternativly, I could say The Soul Killer Universe is an alternative version of the Gears Universe. Same events happen, but the lore's ever so slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFenix View Post
    Splendid update, Jay! I haven't been giving this forum the loves it deserves but considering I have some down time today in school, I'm going to spread the love. This thread for your stories is coming along very nicely! The artwork blew me away---esp. those Emissaries! Those lot were completely mind-blowing! That really did those wretched beats justice! I'm excited to see what else will be added as time goes on. Keep up the great work, Jay!
    Cheers Adam! The Support is much Appreciated!

Mall did a fantastic job with Rain Maker and Havoc, and the Art-Bar itself is just an utter pleasure to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesybites View Post
    That's an idea. My only suggestoin is to perhaps change the name, simply because it sounds and appears similar to that of Skorge, but that's just a suggestion. If he is going to hold a title of that kind of valor, perhaps you can give his sword/katana a name...similar to how the Hobbit Bilbo called his blade "Sting," or how legends named a sword Excalibur, ect.
    I'm assuming the name "Skorge" derived from "Scourge". Though in both his appearances so far, he's been referred to as "Scourge."

Naming the sword? Sounds cool! I ought to think about that.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wisdom Thumbs

I like the new organization of the thread. Mostly because my Zaach drawing is at the top. Basically I've been bought off.

Nah, just kidding. The flow is a little better now. It was good before, I might add, so an improvement here is noteworthy.

Some nice new artwork.

I have to say, I really want to see Arakun's thing finished the most.
    I came up with the Bag 'N Tag idea. No really, check the date. (proof)
    Fanboy of Gears since GameInformer's 2005 cover-article
    Speedtest - my internet is slower than yours

"Tommorrow" - short story..................................................Games as Literature: Aspho Fields podcast

Gamer IDs

Nice, Jay, update looks good. As Wis mentioned, it was great before the update, so, this is a step up. Looking forward to more. By the way, addition of Myrrah and RAAM are excellent.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Thumbs View Post
    I like the new organization of the thread. Mostly because my Zaach drawing is at the top. Basically I've been bought off.

Nah, just kidding. The flow is a little better now. It was good before, I might add, so an improvement here is noteworthy.

Some nice new artwork.

I have to say, I really want to see Arakun's thing finished the most.
    Speaking of which, I know you have Clayton Carmine on you're plate, but what of Braahk and the other stuff? (* Immediately punches self for asking that*.)

Nice, Jay, update looks good. As Wis mentioned, it was great before the update, so, this is a step up. Looking forward to more. By the way, addition of Myrrah and RAAM are excellent.
    Don't forget, queries, trivia or notes you want to discuss, you can!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wisdom Thumbs

Hey now, don't beat yourself up over it! :S

I'll try and grab some time to draw Braahk soon. Make it look really cool. Bullet bandoliers, mulcher, chains! GRAH HAH HAH HAR.
    I came up with the Bag 'N Tag idea. No really, check the date. (proof)
    Fanboy of Gears since GameInformer's 2005 cover-article
    Speedtest - my internet is slower than yours

"Tommorrow" - short story..................................................Games as Literature: Aspho Fields podcast

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Was worried it was a bad time to ask.

I hope you can make him look great!

Gamer IDs

Alright I shall!

So, it says that T'Chark gathered all her loyal subjects and disappeared. So, did they go with her and are possibly still somewhere safe? Or... were they all killed off by Skorge except for you know who?

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

All of them went with her, but most (if not all) who went with her are probably deceased. Most likely of old age.

Unknown to T'Chark, however, is that she only thought the subjects that went with her were the only one's loyal to her and that all others had converted. Though when the likes of Galai and The Lost had been discovered, that shook things up a bit.

Redeemer
    outside your bedroom door, planting a frag.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JAMX13

Do you guys think in gears 3 EPIC will introduce another worm or that they've already exhausted the topic enough?
    skills for kills my man skills for kills

Gamer IDs

All of them went with her, but most (if not all) who went with her are probably deceased. Most likely of old age.

Unknown to T'Chark, however, is that she only thought the subjects that went with her were the only one's loyal to her and that all others had converted. Though when the likes of Galai and The Lost had been discovered, that shook things up a bit.
    Ah, that cleared it up, thanks. I had always wondered why she just took off, even though there were other Kantus sects roaming around chanting her name.

Also, JAM, that would have to depend on the plot. The Riftworm was big, so if they have another one come out... they'd have to explain where they're at least originating from.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Well, Epic hasn't explained the whole "Trinity of Worms" Thing yet, but to me it sounds like there's three worms, Right? I know, it wouldn't fit in with the Lambent plot and such, but two more Rift worms would be interesting.
    STD 4 LYFE
    The Original Grub Killer

Gamer IDs

Well, Epic hasn't explained the whole "Trinity of Worms" Thing yet, but to me it sounds like there's three worms, Right? I know, it wouldn't fit in with the Lambent plot and such, but two more Rift worms would be interesting.
    Yeah, there are three... hence the "trinity". Reminds me of Blade... and HHH...

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Never really got round to The Trinity of Worms, I had an idea for something, but I'd rather not delve there just yet. If anything, I can say that it was "The way of Old" because of how Myrrah ordered that the "Trinity of Worms Religion" was re-written once war against humanity was declared. I don't know, I'll have to see.

Can't remember if I commented on the update or not so... yeah, I like it. Much more rounded.

Jay are you worried about contradicting official canon? Personally I try to stick to official canon where possible, but at the same time I try not to let it limit my creative possibilities. I like to expand on elements of the Gears universe a lot of the time, bring fresh ideas to the table, but that can be tough to do if you worry about what happens next in the official Gears storyline. Guess it's up to the individual though, so whatever you feel happy with is fine.

And I thought the other two worms were dead anyways? I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that at some time or another? Or maybe one was dead, and the other still sleeping? I dunno, it's been awhile.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

I remember you said you'd look at it, then teased me with something that time stopped you from doing.

I want to stick by the Gears canon, but I think I've gone a bit too far into "Universe building" if you know what I mean. I think I managed to have Locust Resistance to Queen Myrrah sound good. Though I think there are things I'm not so sure about.

One thing's for certain, I never box myself in with restrictions, that's unhealthy.

Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast