Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kantham

Default I just read G4TV's hands-on

http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/63516...n-Impressions/

Two key factors People Can Fly believe will help separate Bulletstorm from the FPS chafe are the skillshot system and cat and mouse flow of the combat. Every kill in the game has a specific skill point associated with it. A standard kill (bunch of body shots for instance) will net you 10 points. A headshot, 50 points. However, if you string attacks together, you’ll rack up even more points, and that will enable you to unlock new weapons and items much faster. Luckily, there are tons of ways to pull off creative kills.

For instance, instead of just spraying some dude for a measly 10 points, why not grab him with your energy leash (unlimited uses and no recharge time)
    At that point the only thing that comes to my mind is..

Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot Leash kick Leash shot

You get the idea.

I really hate the idea that there's no recharge time on the leash, I assumed there would be, the leash itself is interesting and a variety in your inventory, however, it's not going to be a variety if there's no recharge time on it, you'll use it on everything you sight.

I hope it's not what they intend to in the final product, but having played Painkiller myself I know people can fly like the abusive things like massive amount of enemies at a time on your butt and whatnot.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LobotiCastation PSN ID: LobotiCastation

If you hate the idea so much why don't you just not spam the hell out of it?
    It's pronounced "Gib" with a hard G sound, not a j sound. Epics wrong

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by LobotiCasta+ion View Post
    Please come again?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Gib Meister

Nevermind, Loboti makes more sense. Just don't spam the hell out of it if you don't want to.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GhostofDelta2

Quote Originally Posted by E.M View Post
    Nevermind, Loboti makes more sense. Just don't spam the hell out of it if you don't want to.
    I think the idea is that Kantham doesn't want 1 game mechanic that almost makes everything else useless.

Personally, it doesn't bother me so much, I will try to find the best set up and abuse it, but maybe if that tactic is really easy, make it worth less points?

Edit: Kantham, are you intended to make any custom content if it is possible?
    \\★// GhostofDelta2 \\★//
    My idea for a shorter Horde varation

Gears 1 1250/1250 - Gears 1(PC) 1000/1000 - Gears 2 1750/1750 - Gears 3 2000/2000 - Gears Judas 1320/1500

Redeemer

Fear it'll be like a more powerful version of the freeze plasmid in Bioshock. It wouldn't suit multiplayer.
    Last edited by Moloko; 08-28-2010 at 09:02 AM.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofDota View Post
    I think the idea is that Kantham doesn't want 1 game mechanic that almost makes everything else useless.
    I just hope the game represents a certain challenge.

Edit: Kantham, are you intended to make any custom content if it is possible?
    People on these and EVERY forums see concerns as complains even btching. They don't want to see any fort of negativeness or it's automatically a nuisance to them. I'm still looking forward to this game as ever. I also know it's too early to base my opinion from early videos and hands-on. I'm totally for play-before-rating but like every games-no-perfect sort of guy I'm skeptical about certain things.

If they have their SDK expect me to make stuff for this game!

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Kantham View Post
    People on these and EVERY forums see concerns as complains even btching. They don't want to see any fort of negativeness or it's automatically a nuisance to them. I'm still looking forward to this game as ever. I also know it's too early to base my opinion from early videos and hands-on. I'm totally for play-before-rating but like every games-no-perfect sort of guy I'm skeptical about certain things.

If they have their SDK expect me to make stuff for this game!
    It's fair enough I suppose, if someone is trolling or slating an unreleased game. Many have the same concerns, specifically that the easy option, leash freeze lock, will dominate and thus will spoil play, based on other games with a similar game mech. It's constructive criticism though, because everything else in the world of Bulletstorm looks fantastic.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: T00BSAWK

Quote Originally Posted by LobotiCasta+ion View Post
    I agree with this man.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

And what exactly is the "If you hate the idea so much why don't you just not spam the hell out of it" supposed to mean? Are you uncomfortable with the fact that I've made a wall of text in the OP?

EDIT: If you honestly mean not to use what the game gives me, that simply isn't going to work. Whilst I agree the game is meant for single player play and I'm free to do whatever I want whenever I want (so I could choose not to use the leash), I'll want to use the most efficient thing that the game has in store for me. If the game doesn't give me a cooldown before I can use the leash again, I'll do it even if I don't like the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Moloko View Post
    .. because everything else in the world of Bulletstorm looks fantastic.
    That is for sure. Otherwise I wouldn't even bother talking about the game, I'm eager to try the game on the hardest setting and hopefully look forward to get my ass kicked.
    Last edited by Kantham; 08-29-2010 at 09:15 AM.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: irishdudewill

I get the impression so far that the leash will not be the default single weapon in every situation. Take the Hekaton, for example, you aren't going to leash her. In other situations, such as mass burnout groups, the leash will come in handy, but I will bet that most players will opt for a multi-weapon approach: bring them in with the leash and blast'em with the shotgun (as one example).

The leash reminds me a lot of the Painkiller, the namesake weapon in a great game. The Painkiller could potentially have been the only weapon a player would ever have to use, but there were many situations that called for other attack/defend solutions. I get the same vibe about the leash.
    Bacon, it's what's for dinner!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Crotale View Post
    I get the impression so far that the leash will not be the default single weapon in every situation. Take the Hekaton, for example, you aren't going to leash her. In other situations, such as mass burnout groups, the leash will come in handy, but I will bet that most players will opt for a multi-weapon approach: bring them in with the leash and blast'em with the shotgun (as one example).

The leash reminds me a lot of the Painkiller, the namesake weapon in a great game. The Painkiller could potentially have been the only weapon a player would ever have to use, but there were many situations that called for other attack/defend solutions. I get the same vibe about the leash.
    Painkiller didn't work well on bosses, but through most of the game you could use it. It was an amazing game though.

Gears 1 1250/1250 - Gears 1(PC) 1000/1000 - Gears 2 1750/1750 - Gears 3 2000/2000 - Gears Judas 1320/1500

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Gib Meister

Calm down. What we said makes perfect sense, if you don't like a weapon because its so easy to use and has basicially no drawbacks, just don't use it... simple as that. We weren't trying to be rude....

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: irishdudewill

Painkiller didn't work well on bosses, but through most of the game you could use it.
    True, but using the PK exclusively during the remainder of the game (which was most of it) would have been uninteresting as all get out after a bit.

This little bit of nostalgia has me wanting an unlockable stake gun in Bulletstorm.
    Bacon, it's what's for dinner!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Crotale View Post
    True, but using the PK exclusively during the remainder of the game (which was most of it) would have been uninteresting as all get out after a bit.

This little bit of nostalgia has me wanting an unlockable stake gun in Bulletstorm.
    Agree with both. Though I do think I will be doing a fair bit of leashing during them game.