MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Skinning Scaleform CLIK

Is there any detailed info, tutorial, etc available somewhere on skinning the Scaleform CLIK components?

Thanks.

Marcus

Hey Marcus,

Looking at each component in Flash will allow you to see how each is skinned for starters. It's fairly straightforward.

That being said, I created several CLIK video tutorials for our licensees a while back. I'll see if I have permission to release them on our youtube channel (scaleformpress) for public consumption. I don't see why not, but I just need to make sure. I'll let you know if and when that happens.

MSgt. Shooter Person

That would be great. Thanks! Hopefully that will be allowed, but if not I understand.

I appreciate the response either way.

MSgt. Shooter Person

if you want to see how to extend the CLIK classes to add functionality check out my Flash Scaleform Label class which extends the component to add the ability to use the textChange event on the dynamic textfield. It also adds word wrap and max width of the label.

Of course that is extending through code but when it comes to skinning the CLIK components you should try to keep the structure in place as they have covered most of the bases with the event types and states. My main advice is if you are going to skin a component work with a backup

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Doublezer0 View Post
    if you want to see how to extend the CLIK classes to add functionality check out my Flash Scaleform Label class which extends the component to add the ability to use the textChange event on the dynamic textfield. It also adds word wrap and max width of the label.

Of course that is extending through code but when it comes to skinning the CLIK components you should try to keep the structure in place as they have covered most of the bases with the event types and states. My main advice is if you are going to skin a component work with a backup
    Thanks for the advice. I will check it out. Your Cursor class looks interesting as well.

MSgt. Shooter Person

they are both basic and I will extend them further and more efficiently but they work. I just dont have too much spare time to focus on them. I have some updates in the works however.