MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WedgeBob

Environment (PC) Quake Texture/Material Pack for UT3/UDK

I have compiled a series of comprehensive materials and textures from the famed classic shooter, Quake, and brought them to UDK/UT3 to do a little revival project for multiplayer. As you well know, multiplayer in Quake certainly broke a lot of barriers back in 1996, when all you really had before that was only limited Deathmatch and Co-op in story mode, who can forget those days?

Anyway, enough blabbering on and on, here's the details:

Here are a few screenshots of me using the material textures from this package in a couple of sample environments, one from modern-day military terrain, and the other from a gothic courtyard:

Here is the download to the Quake Texture/Material Package:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/bo3wwk...U_Textures.ZIP

Enjoy, and hope you can revive a classic, and bring history back to life.
    I'm going to attempt to bring a good deathmatch back from this game, not gonna say how successful I'm going to be. That was a good game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
    Brain.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Yes...thanks for helping, Steve. I'll probably hold off on doing anything in the Beta or Final sections until I can actually come up with a map to use these with.
    To return the favor for your support, you have my permission, as stated in the BU forums, to take a shot in terms of remaking a Quake 1 map of your own, if you know of what you think would be good.
    Last edited by WedgeBob; 08-24-2010 at 04:32 PM.

God King

Quote Originally Posted by WedgeBob View Post
    Yes...thanks for helping, Steve. I'll probably hold off on doing anything in the Beta or Final sections until I can actually come up with a map to use these with.
    Your welcome I don't think you must wait to publish the pack in the final if you don't have a map that use those textures because after all, the map would be only an example of what it could be like, it's not a part of the pack, only an example a part. But anyway, your the boss dude

To return the favor for your support, you have my permission, as stated in the BU forums, to take a shot in terms of remaking a Quake 1 map of your own, if you know of what you think would be good.
    Permission, mmm, it's a public pack released in the public forum free of use for the public lol

Someone as write a nice post for you, I thought you will be happy to read it so check the posts here

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Okay, I'll take that to heart. It's all yours and everyone here with the UE3 community to use. You just get more special honors for it, that's all.

God King

That's cool to ear, I always love special permissions

Dunno about Lucio on my blog, first time I see his name, maybe he will post back, time will tell ?

I forget to say I vote 5 stars last time, just to let ya know

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Nice. I still may look at a few more of the DM maps from Quake, tho. It's between DM1 and DM5 from Q1 now, as it seems. Just think those are the two easiest ones to remake out of the original six. As far as the single player maps, I believe that anything from the first episode is okay. I'm weary about remaking the maps from the other three episodes for legal reasons. Might even look into some maps that I've made back in the day, if I can even remember what I made for Quake back in the day. It's been too long, but I do miss the game. I just downloaded the August UDK distro now, so maybe I'll test these out there first before doing anything in UT3 itself.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Starship Ghost

is there a working link for an id Software fan? thank you