Thread: Blender Plugin?

Skaarj

Default Blender Plugin?

Hi, I'm currently using blender and UDK for my game. however it would be nice if epic games would release a actorX plugin for blender. Who else thinks this should be done?

MSgt. Shooter Person

haha I DO! I cant stand the exporter for blender. It seems to never work for me

Which exporter are you using?

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by pulse0o0 View Post
    Which exporter are you using?
    Me? I am curently not exporting from blender, as I am making objects in Google Scetch up, and Character model Development hasn't started.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Compared to you, I've never actually tried; I've got no idea how to export animations.
    Why doesn't Epic develop a remake of the original Unreal? It'll be cool to see what the first Unreal game looks like with 8Th gen graphics.

Iron Guard

uhm, why do you want actorX?? blender has FBX export and the UDN itself says that fbx exports more information than actorx...so why don't you simply use the fbx exporter???
    /ninjapirates/
    ---Roccy Laboratories//#1 Crossmedia 2010[Multimedia]

I hate reference images...I never find good ones

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by HavocInferno View Post
    uhm, why do you want actorX?? blender has FBX export and the UDN itself says that fbx exports more information than actorx...so why don't you simply use the fbx exporter???
    No need to be rude man. I had no clue that blender had that, and I don't even know what it is. what I'm saying though is that blender can't export directly to UDK.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rekarrekar

I noticed supported formats like Collada do not import 99% of the time, for some reason or another. I recently exported a character model from Blender using Fbx, then imported into UDK as a skeletal with no problems. An ActorX plugin would be wonderful for Blender, but for those without the money for Max or Maya, Blender is the only way to go.
    Got any questions about Propane, or propane accessories?

There are a lot of exporters for blender .ase .fbx .psk/.psa for skeletal meshes and animation they all work to go directly to UDK and I have found no problems with any of them.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks, but while I easily export models (psk, fbx, etc.), I still don't know how to export AnimSets (psa).
    How is it actually done in Blender?
    Why doesn't Epic develop a remake of the original Unreal? It'll be cool to see what the first Unreal game looks like with 8Th gen graphics.

MSgt. Shooter Person

but what about export to .dae ?
    Please let me off my bad English... i am jast a russian redneck from deepest remote place ^_\\