Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: not my real GT

Default Just beat gears 1 on insane, solo run

First of all, i dont know where to post this because i have no idea where the gears 1 forum is. Where does gears 1 related topics go?

Second of all, i never really tried to do this thinking it would be too hard, but i finally tried and finished Gears 1 on insane by myself. It was a lot easier than i thought it would be. I mean besides killing RAAM, the hardest parts of the game were trying to avoiding those lambent exploding wretches. Seriously i cant believe those parts were the most difficult and annoying part of playing it on insane. I know most of you wont care, but i had to tell somebody.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

Yeah, those wretches can be annoying on Insane. RAAM definitely sucks on Insane too, but he is beatable. This is the best place for Gears 1 stuff. If it's about multiplayer you can post it in the Multiplayer section. There's no Gears 1 forum so you have to use this section and the Multiplayer section for Gears 1 stuff.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SilverBumblebee

I've actually not long started playing Gears one on Insane, so far I'm on Lethal Dusk on my way to get the junker. Hasn't been too bad so far, the wretches are a pain though, and sometimes Dom isn't too helpful but its good fun anyway. Nice one with finishing it though

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxComaXxWhiteXx PSN ID: eyehate666

totally agreed. the lambent wretches were the hardest part of the insane campaign. especially on the train in closed areas. strategy for RAAM is basically the same, it just takes much, much more ammo to bring him down.
    MEMBER OF THE OLD GUARD
    STILL a Boltok neurologist...

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lobotomized

Raam is overated, lambent wretches>Raam.
    "Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended."- Queen Myrrah

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DIFFLOCK66

I hate those glowing monkey-dog-things!

What are the berserkers like on Insane level?

Diff.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: not my real GT

Quote Originally Posted by DIFFLOCK View Post
    I hate those glowing monkey-dog-things!

What are the berserkers like on Insane level?

Diff.
    The berserkers were just as easy on any difficulty. In fact when i was playing it on insane i figured out i only had to have a couple beams broken during the 2nd berserker battle to use the hammer of dawn. Before that i would always make the berserker break every beam before using the hammer.

One thing that surprised me was the corpser battle on insane. I was able to beat him almost as easy as i did on the easiest difficulty. I thought i remember those exploding wretches coming in after a while to make this fight more difficult, but they never came. maybe i just finished the corpser off too fast?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OZombiePenguinO

Lambent wretches were a pain in the ass, I hated that part. Me and my friend took hours to beat it on Co-Op. We both grew to hate that one wretch that gets a close up and screams. We always tried to find it and kill it first.
    George The Drone
    Warzoner #9,001 Locust #9,002

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stvo62

yea i did it solo too wasnt as hard as gears 2 i thought but i would agree those wretches wer annoying. i also did the cheep Raam stuck on block glitch but it still took me a while lol

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DIFFLOCK66

According to the strategy guide, you can finish the gears1 corpser off before any wretches arrive, as long as you can get the belly shots in and shoot the clamps off the platform - and yes you can!
    First time I battled it (all on casual because I'm an old noob!) I was waiting for it to rear up rather than sneaking shots between the legs, so consequently bucketfuls of wretches turned up

Incidentally - what's the cheap RAAM stuck on block glitch? PC only or 360? I hate the RAAM battle, please explain

Diff.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FURRYGOOSE

Insane is an easy job, I want something harder!
    A good Gears prevents me from tears.
    \\*//

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

ive done Act 1 on insane solo. Wouldn't mind running through the entire thing but there are three things which are worrying me:

1. The bit where you're in the Junker and fighting of the Kryll - i struggled with that on Casual
    2. The bit where you fight the Corpser
    3. RAAM

anyone know some strategies