View Poll Results: Add a Torque Bow Tag gametype to Gears of War 3?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

128 75.29%
  • NO

42 24.71%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: thesuicidefox

Default OFFICIAL: Make Torque Bow Tag a New Gametype in Gears 3

OFFICIAL THREAD TO SUPPORT A TORQUE BOW TAG GAMETYPE FOR GEARS OF WAR 3

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Follow us on twitter! -Provided by CLOW SMASH
    Watch the video and you will find out that Ignatius Carmine died in a game of Torque Bow Tag!! This video is also a great watch because it's so darn funny. And apparently, the Carmine in the video knows how to play Torque Bow Tag. Well we want to know too!!

So I have created the OFFICIAL thread to make Torque Bow Tag into a new gametype for Gears of War 3. POLL HAS BEEN ADDED PLEASE VOTE!!! Epic we really need something crazy like this in Gears 3. It doesn't need to have its own playlist (though that would be sweet) but it does need to be put in the game somehow. We have great responses so far, as nearly everybody is asking for it. Forum goers don't let this thread die! Torque Bow Tag would be so awesome!

I was surprised to find that after my original post was made, someone asked about it during the Q&A. Wondering if they were reading the forums (pops up at 1:06:00 in video)

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy B at Comi-Con Regarding Torque Bow Tag
    We have no plans at this time.... but history has shown that things can evolve
    So it's possible that we can push for Torque Bow Tag to be in Gears 3!! I mean, it probably wouldn't take long to program, and it would like the "cherry on top" feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom's Beard View Post
    What the eff is torque bow tag?
    Good question. Post your ideas on how this gametype could work and I'll add them to the OP!! They don't even need to be "good" we just want to give Epic a lot of brainstorming so they can give us a genuine Torque Bow Tag gametype. So post yours ideas, ANY IDEAS!!!

COMMUNITY IDEAS

Quote Originally Posted by Ur Conqueror View Post
    maybe they can change some of the rules by making it headshots only as a option..
    Quote Originally Posted by SLaYER0072 View Post
    would be awesome if they did it on a thrash ball pitch, or some other sports like arena lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDodger View Post
    Why not put together TB-tag and an infection gametype? This could of been in the so-called "Offical request for TB-tag" but it has grown a bit much and this idea might be lost in the posts. I've put together what i think is the foundation of what is needed to have this gametype. If you have any ideas or tweaks you like to say, then by all means please post them. I am open to any criticism (not including useless flaming).

Setup:
    1 person is chosen at random to be "It" He will then become Carmine (any of the 3) The "it" will be invincible and have a "leader beacon" on him. (To signify that he's invincible)
    9 people will be running away from whoever is "It" (Any Character except Carmine) When you are "tagged" you will die and respawn as a Carmine in 5 seconds. (normal health)
    10 minute rounds/5 rounds

Spawning:
    All 9 people spawn in the same spawn point (So people dont get unfair spawns near "It") while the "it" person is spawned on the other side.

Scoring:

Torqued another player=2 points
    Killed an infected player= 1 point
    Killing everyone: 5 points (Original "It" only)
    Survive a round: 8 points

Weapons:

The 9 players will pick their initial loadout.
    The "It" will spawn with infinite Torque bow
    All weapon spawns will be normal (except TB will be switched with Sniper)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboss1960 View Post
    how about a dodge ball kind of torque bow tag five on five head shots eliminate an opponent instantly but if you get stuck anywhere else you get ten to fifteen seconds to tag someone on the other team to save yourself before the torque blows up and vice versa, this could be either annex style with respawns first to fifty wins or two separate rounds of 25 to win or elimination. The torque would do no damage if used as splash damage everyone spawns with infinite torque and hopefully the reload will take a lot longer than it does in gears 2 though im hoping that as a general rule, well thats it! any additions to this would be welcome though i think its good as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Method Man View Post
    okay heres my idea:

so there are 2 teams of 5:

Team 1:
    Marcus
    Marcus
    Marcus
    Marcus
    Carmine

Team 2:
    Grenadier
    Grenadier
    Grenadier
    Grenadier
    Sniper

So pretty much its like guardian. but the players, excluding the leader, cannot kill each other. So all the locust would come after carmine and all the cog would go after sniper.

Heres the catch: The leaders have infinite torque ammo and thats the only weapon they have equipped. They also have 200% health so it'll take some time to kill them. They also regenerate health 50% faster in addition to the health boost!

The match is to 3 rounds and you win a round when the other leader dies. There are no points really just the amount of kills the leaders have racked up. Its purely for fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMofologist View Post

Torque Bow Tag
    COG vs Locust
    First to 3 15 mins round Duration

The round starts with every player having a TB (Torque Bow) and the first person to die by the TB will be "it". Once someone is it, everyone else loses their TB, and gets their normal Loadout and every weapon on the map spawns, but the "It" player has an infinite amount of TB and he cannot get the perfect reload (to charge faster). Each team starts off with 300 points and its first to 3 wins. Who ever is "it", their team starts to lose points, every 2 they lose one point. First team to lose all their points loses the round. The team may be able to help their teammate thats "it" by getting them down or how ever. Everyone has infinite respawns and the "it" play is invulnerable. The enemy team can still fight back against the team that is "it".
    Quote Originally Posted by the_suicide_fox View Post
    I actually thought of an extension of TheMofologist's idea, but instead of teams it is FFA. And say everyone spawns with a pistol and smoke, with regenerating ammo every 30 seconds and each with their own counter like in Annex, but with like 60 seconds or something. They spawn, then go at it deathmatch-style. First player to die becomes it, and respawns with a TB. His/her counter starts counting down, and he/she must TB another player (BTW other players can still kill each other in case some wish to "form alliances" as in playground tag to not be it, but they must fight at the end anyway). When they do, both the torqued player and the TB player die in an explosion, then respawn with the proper equipment. It will be last man standing wins the game, so as you are "it" longer you reach 0 then die(in a big explosion of guts, maybe from immulsion LOL) and you are out of the game. When this happens another "deathmatch" round happens. This continues until one player is left. Rankings will be based on how early you were knocked out of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigums View Post
    10 players, 1 person is "it" with a torque of infinite amo, everyone else runs around and tries not to get hit, the scoring would work like annex, the people who are not "it" get points every second, while the person that is "it" losses points or stays flat then when one person reaches 10 minutes not "it" the game ends as they are the winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo 54 View Post
    Everyone spawns with regular weapons except for one person. The one person gets a Torque Bow. This person is "it". The person who is "it" gets points for "tagging" other people with Torque Bow bolts. "It" gets 2x health and the idea is to kill "it" by using teamwork and flanking and such. The person who kills "it" then becomes "it" and then tries to get more points. There is a point limit at around 15 or so and the first person to get 15 "tags" wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by JD aus View Post
    It's Free-for-all with one person starting with a TB and the rest with no weapons. The person with the TB chases around the others while they scream helplessly at each other. The person with the TB will be one of the Carmine brothers. Once one person is 'tagged' with the TB, not killed - TB doesn't explode, they become Carmine and the person who tagged them is now running around helplessly. You do not gain points for tagging someone but awarded one point for every second not being Carmine. Carmine will be flashing red. BTW no one can melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ultinarok48 View Post
    Yes. and not just the torque bow, but all power weapons should have a weapon-specific playlist so that people with weapon preferences can pick their favorites and engage fellow veterans. A shotgun focused one to get the "NO STOPPING POWER" people to shut up, a sniper one for the classic sniper battles, a torque bow one for sheer explosive fun, and maybe even a flamethrower one since it would require tactical flanking and cover to trap your enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo 54 View Post
    Use rules like Halo's Juggernaut. The person with the Torque Bow gets points for every time he tags someone with a Torque Bow bolt. The other players try to kill "It" and who ever kills "It" gets a Torque Bow.
    The "It" has like double or triple health so every one has to work together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukey View Post
    I thought about having a balanced map where everyone spawns at an equal distance from the centre but the difference in my idea is that nobody starts with a torque bow. There is 'one' torque bow' at the centre of the map and it's a race to see who can grab it first.

Then turns into a game of cat and mouse in a sense, where everyone has to run away and hide.

The torque bow should have 5 arrows thus allowing it to respawn and allow others to have their turn 'if' they are still alive. To stop the current torque bower from camping for more ammo. The Torque bow spawns in random locations after the initial centre spawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Farewell To Arms View Post
    I'd rather it be an elimination gametype, if you get hit with the Torque, you spawn with a Torque bow, last guy alive then gets points based on survival and kills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Grub k1ller View Post
    I support this idea. It chould be like a team deathmatch. Infinate respawns like in Annex. The game goes on for 5 minutes a round. The team with the most kills wins. A tie results in a stalemate. All weapon spawns are Torque Bows. and the Player spawns with a Torque Bow, and nothing else. No Smoke, no Shotgun, and no Snub.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboss1960 View Post
    how about a dodge ball kind of torque bow tag five on five head shots eliminate an opponent instantly but if you get stuck anywhere else you get ten to fifteen seconds to tag someone on the other team to save yourself before the torque blows up and vice versa, this could be either annex style with respawns first to fifty wins or two separate rounds of 25 to win or elimination. The torque would do no damage if used as splash damage everyone spawns with infinite torque and hopefully the reload will take a lot longer than it does in gears 2 though im hoping that as a general rule, well thats it!
    [EDIT] I forgot to mention that if it was elimination style a head shot would bring back a dead team mate so op if you wanna add this cool

FEEDBACK
    Quote Originally Posted by KiLLER UZi 23 View Post
    I really like this idea, i think this could work and if something like this was implemented into the game it should be only that, a single stress-free-time gametype, to vent off a little and just have some fun while tagging other people and being tagged! *thumbs up*
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRISdoubleYOU View Post
    I think torque bow tag sounds really fun. I've always wanted Gears to have some kind of weapon-specific gametype, kind of like how Halo has team snipers, and whatever the game is where you start out with rockets. This sounds like a really fun idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmylad89 View Post
    Torque Bow Tag the best thing since Dizzy's awesome hat
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayr View Post
    I'm not so sure about your rules but some form of Torque Bow "TAG" would be neat to see added to Gears 3 for some extra fun.
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    THERON GUARD SAYS "DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!!!"
    Last edited by the_suicide_fox; 07-28-2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: update 7/27
    -thesuicidefox-

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HaWgWilD09

Sounds hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by HaWgWilD09
    Rome wasnt built in a day...and neither is Gears 3

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KaZPeR iZ GhosT

Yess! Alot of jokes with friends

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JD aus

Yes, Gears needs a gametype just for fun.
    My initials are JD and I'm from Australia.

Thank you ShadowSniper V2 for the Liquid Green Metal skin!

Banned

Torque bow tag?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Green Soda King

They should.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DJ2334

Dude...****in awesome idea

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Cliff on Torque Bow Tag: "but history has shown that things can evolve."

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sgt Grub

HAHA someone asked, and cliff said, "We have no plans at this time.... but history has shown that things can evolve"
    Sent from My Keyboard using My Fingers
    STD 4 LYFE
    The Original Grub Killer

Banned

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Its all Torque's and you go around tagging people

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HaWgWilD09 View Post
    Its all Torque's and you go around tagging people
    Oh, so it was like a trick question.

Dammit.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Oh, so it was like a trick question.

Dammit.
    Yea but Cliff said this when asked about it:

"but history has shown that things can evolve."

So it could be a possibility

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Wow, great response so far. Don't let this thread die! Epic, we really need a crazy gametype like this. It would be so awesome!

I was surprised to find that after my post was made, someone asked about it during the Q&A. Wondering if they were reading the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy B at Comi-Con Regarding Torque Bow Tag
    We have no plans at this time.... but history has shown that things can evolve
    So it's possible that we can push for Torque Bow Tag to be in Gears 3!! I mean, it probably wouldn't take long to program, and it would like the "cherry on top" feature.

Good question. Any ideas on how this gametype could work??

My only idea is that it would be a FFA/elim setup (like Wingman but no partners) with only Torque Bow Spawns and infinite ammo, and everybody is a Carmine (maybe slight variations a'la various standard COG soldiers). Only deaths can be caused by Torque Bow sticks. Melee is off, but you can execute someone if they are downed by a Torque (meaning splash damage or something).

Post your ideas and I will add them to the first post!! Also should I add a poll yet, or wait for some solid ideas?
    -thesuicidefox-

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Gib Meister

Lol, awesome. Please Epic.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blo0dSweatGears

sounds fun
    GoW1|Cog: Dom|Locust: Ramm|Rank: ---|Wepon: Lancer/Gnasher Shotgun|Gametype: Execution
    GoW2|Cog: Tai|Locust:Ramm|Rank: 100 \\★//|Wepon: Hammerburst II/Gnasher Shotgun|Gametype: Gaurdian
    GoW3|Cog: Anya|Locust:Ramm|Rank: ---|Wepon: Pendulum Lancer/Double Barreled Shotgun|Gametype: Gaurdian

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ChaoticEnigma7

That sounds like a lot of fun and also a lot of friends at one place for a party
    Preferred Characters: Anthony Carmine| RAAM
    Preferred Weapon: Hammerburst
    Preferred Gametype: Execution
    TrueSkill Rank: 100

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TustyBoomer1

Wheres the original thread??
    4 Laws of Hammy - Love thy Hammy

CREATE WORLD FOR HUMANS

70% SALT WATER

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Davcats

reminds me of smoke tag hide and seek private matches

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: craigums PSN ID: Craigums

sounds cool, but i would also like it if we could play thrashball!

heres my idea for torque tag

10 players, 1 person is "it" with a torque of infinite amo, everyone else runs around and tries not to get hit, the scoring would work like annex, the people who are not "it" get points every second, while the person that is "it" losses points or stays flat then when one person reaches 10 minutes not "it" the game ends as they are the winner
    Hey look I updated this! The charity group I stream with @DedicatedServers our Twitch Channel my twitter is @Craigums
    PINK LANCERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Banned

Sorry. It's not Legend of Zelda. It's Gears.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ur Conqueror

love the idea torques my favorite weapon in the game so far....maybe they can change some of the rules by making it headshots only as a option..this has a potential to be great but for now it just sounds like execution with torques everywhere...hoping this turns into something great

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Updated first post. I will add a poll soon, but I'm going out for my Grandma's Bday today so it will have to wait a hot minute.
    -thesuicidefox-

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Seele der Nacht

Hammer of Dawn Dodgeball too please!
    WAR IS NOT HELL, FOR IN HELL, THE INNOCENT ARE SPARED

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Armandhammer12

No. Thank you.

This is Gears.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: o METH0D MAN o

okay heres my idea:

so there are 2 teams of 5:

Team 1:
    Marcus
    Marcus
    Marcus
    Marcus
    Carmine

Team 2:
    Grenadier
    Grenadier
    Grenadier
    Grenadier
    Sniper

So pretty much its like guardian. but the players, excluding the leader, cannot kill each other. So all the locust would come after carmine and all the cog would go after sniper.

Heres the catch: The leaders have infinite torque ammo and thats the only weapon they have equipped. They also have 200% health so it'll take some time to kill them. They also regenerate health 50% faster in addition to the health boost!

The match is to 3 rounds and you win a round when the other leader dies. There are no points really just the amount of kills the leaders have racked up. Its purely for fun!
    ...::::Life is Music::::...
    \\// . M E T H O D M A N . \\//

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Big D in Gears

Sounds a lot like crackdown 2's Rocket tag which btw SUCKS

But gears torque bow tag would be enjoyable
    All of the Gears of war weapon skins video for the dlc skins features gameplay! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HBiY...el_video_title
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Lagmasters

MSgt. Shooter Person
    In Landown, protecting the citizens, and shooting some grubs!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Phyzickzz

That's the same as Guardian with all Torque Bows.
    (COG)Anya Stroud/Sam Byrne/Damon Baird
    (LOCUST)Flame Grenadier/Savage Theron/Savage Grenadier
    If only I had the Savage Kantus.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: o METH0D MAN o

Quote Originally Posted by CSL View Post
    That's the same as Guardian with all Torque Bows.
    but the players cant kill each other, only the leader
    ...::::Life is Music::::...
    \\// . M E T H O D M A N . \\//

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pufflelumps

sounds stupid

MSgt. Shooter Person
    In Landown, protecting the citizens, and shooting some grubs!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Phyzickzz

Quote Originally Posted by Method Man View Post
    but the players cant kill each other, only the leader
    It's still the same.
    (COG)Anya Stroud/Sam Byrne/Damon Baird
    (LOCUST)Flame Grenadier/Savage Theron/Savage Grenadier
    If only I had the Savage Kantus.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigums View Post
    The only way I see this version working is if they restrict it to very open maps or make it so there is a market for every person on the map if you are it. If they don't, then it simply encourages hiding and whoever finds the best hiding place most likely wins.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Added more to OP.

Does anyone know how I can make a poll? Do I need to create a new thread???
    -thesuicidefox-

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Davcats

Quote Originally Posted by the_suicide_fox View Post
    Added more to OP.

Does anyone know how I can make a poll? Do I need to create a new thread???
    threads tools at the top

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Davcats View Post
    threads tools at the top
    Thanks I'll work on it now
    -thesuicidefox-

Redeemer

Torque Bow Tag
    COG vs Locust
    First to 3 15 mins round Duration

The round starts with every player having a TB (Torque Bow) and the first person to die by the TB will be "it". Once someone is it, everyone else loses their TB, and gets their normal Loadout and every weapon on the map spawns, but the "It" player has an infinite amount of TB and he cannot get the perfect reload (to charge faster). Each team starts off with 300 points and its first to 3 wins. Who ever is "it", their team starts to lose points, every 2 they lose one point. First team to lose all their points loses the round. The team may be able to help their teammate thats "it" by getting them down or how ever. Everyone has infinite respawns and the "it" play is invulnerable. The enemy team can still fight back against the team that is "it".
    Emergence Day... Last Stand... The End. The Judgment Begins
    __,....--!--..----...,,,
    ||'
    --'''_;=-o|IIIIII|||}===
    ```/ /-';|==}|,:,:,:,:,:,:'

Support Environmental Executions!!

Yes. and not just the torque bow, but all power weapons should have a weapon-specific playlist so that people with weapon preferences can pick their favorites and engage fellow veterans. A shotgun focused one to get the "NO STOPPING POWER" people to shut up, a sniper one for the classic sniper battles, a torque bow one for sheer explosive fun, and maybe even a flamethrower one since it would require tactical flanking and cover to trap your enemies.

Hell its all good!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Frodo 54

Use rules like Halo's Juggernaut. The person with the Torque Bow gets points for every time he tags someone with a Torque Bow bolt. The other players try to kill "It" and who ever kills "It" gets a Torque Bow.
    The "It" has like double or triple health so every one has to work together.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nineteenth Hour

obviously this mode will only work if Ted Nugent shows up at the end and mows down the losing team

EGFC Member #142

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast