Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Boomshot

I tired but they look horrible...lmao.

More progress on the red base. Lots of thing coming together now. I'll soon have the inner areas of the base complete. I decided it won't be a huge deal for me to set up the blue base across the lower ice bridge eaither. It'll be a simple matter of copy/paste and changing a the red stuff to blue. I'll have it ready for you very soon. Level description and a few other things set up as well.
    -Smart bombs, position guided armaments; a more sophisticated way to end up dead
    -On this day, I decide to anoint my fists; engaging them in the mode of power and war
    wut?

Boomshot

Okay, all I have left for the red base to do is to consruct the Goal_Room and the exit to the ice bridge. Then I can iron out the outside portions of the base accordingly, then copy/paste the red base and convert it to a blue base, and then it's all yours to tweak out. I will have the bases in a complete manner for you with both pathing, zoning, level sounds, and all of that good stuff. I'm doing it as I go. I have the level description, proper music (I think), and even set the authors to you and I as a collaborative effort. It'll soon be ready for you to go to town on. You'll have plenty left to do, but I'll have put a major dent in it for you.

I managed to figure out that UV problem and work around it. I just flipped the meshes around, so that's a non-issue now. I also found the proper texture for the "red stuff" in the level in the wall cuts. I just need to find like one mesh for one of the areas in the ceiling inside the base, and that's about it on missing parts. I also noticed something a little funny about how the map is built. The first part I started it taller than the rest. That seems correct too. The other areas of the base are a little shorter in height anddon't seem so ridiculously tall.

I'd post a screen or an updated DL, but there's no point, you'll have my part by the sometime tomorrow.
    -Smart bombs, position guided armaments; a more sophisticated way to end up dead
    -On this day, I decide to anoint my fists; engaging them in the mode of power and war
    wut?

MSgt. Shooter Person

No point indeed. Why don't you just finish it yourself? I mean you went ahead and did most of it already anyways. You've got the reference material.
    Last edited by Sailor*Venova; 02-26-2012 at 05:26 AM.

Boomshot

I won't have the time nor the pain tolerence too finish it. It's looking like I won't have the bases done by the end of the weekend. It's hurting me too dang much to work on the PC. I never started it with the intention of making the entire level, or anything of the sort. Since I was having so many problems uploading a video, I figured the next best thing, or possibly one better would be to get a start on the level for you to work from.

The goal_room is about 1/8 of the way finished, but it's totally the most screwy part of the original level. Their are one or two strange alignments (floor stuff) in that room that are turining out to be tough to nail down. I do have those mesh walkways in place that are recessed into the floor, and the are in the right spot, but there is something off by a few units. I'm thinking that the room that it connects to may need to be extended "back" 64-256 unit or something like that. Anyhow, it's getting close.

Here's a link. If you wanna go for working on the goal room and/or the rest of the base, be my guest. I was in no way trying to stomp on your toes, I know you've been working on the same stuff, so maybe now's the time to go ahead and pass the mic.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?k8lfv4676ry9km5

Besides the goal room it self, every room after that is pretty much just rehash stuff from rooms already in the level. One room in particular with pipes and the emitter in the ceiling is just straight copied and repated on the way out to the lower ice bridge
    Last edited by Skred; 02-26-2012 at 12:01 PM.
    wut?

Redeemer

Question

Just got caught up on my UT2004 map reviews. Any idea when this pack might be released?

God King

There are two maps in development if I got it right and I still have the last skins in progress. It definitely should be done around the end of this year (I hope). It's partially my fault, I was a bit slow... lol
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

Boomshot

2 months max on most of the textures, and 2 years on the last 2...lol. It's all good man, I know how time constraints work, it sux. I would say their are not two maps in development. It seems like this whole BR-Adrift thing has stalled out. I was trying to help Sailor Venova get started, and if you read the posts a page back or so, I guess he got pissed off that I was building the bases and walked out.:/ Oh, well. It doesn't matter much to me if that level gets finished or not, it really was not a very good level to begin with in my opinion, and there is probably a good reason it was never included in UT200X on the PC.

The same thing goes for DOM-Frigid. Even though I put a little work into that map and it's mostly playable now, it was a broken design to begin with.(heavy spawn kills run rampant on that level) I have the one extra "pyramid" map based loosely on a UC2 level that i've decided to call "Amun-Ra." It is the map I spoke of earlier called "Da Pyramid" and posted a screenshot of.

As far as the maps, I'd say they're done and ready for review. CTF_LavaGiant and DM-UC-Compressed2 or whatever are not really my work, but that of Epic games. The Gael rehash was somethign I did, but it took very little work, but it does show some UED 2 knowledge about a few things in a discreet way.
    Last edited by Skred; 03-02-2012 at 07:26 AM.
    wut?

MSgt. Shooter Person

c,mon few you can you can!

PD: great effort and work you did dude!

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
    c,mon few you can you can!

PD: great effort and work you did dude!
    Thanks very much man! Although I did a lot of work on this little pack of stuff, a lot of other people over the years did little things to help it really come to be something as I saw as being (nearly) "complete." The UC2 maps took a long time to develop, and they were pretty sweet to me, but they did not have the UC2 pickups and stuff in them. I had made all the static meshes myself Then YourPackage came along and busted out all kinds of stuff from the game that had not previously been availible. Then UC1 was finally "cracked" on significant level via Gildor, 100GPing, and some more "re-engineering" on my part in max. Just when I thought we squeezed all the blood out of the turnip we possibly could, SLY comes along and provies truly high resolution textures for the UC1 weapons. That was something I never thought possible. Amazing work!!!

Thanks again Dark Sonny, but I don't want those who helped me significantly to be forgotten or overlooked!!!
    Last edited by Skred; 03-02-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    wut?

Redeemer

Thumbs up

Thanks guys for all your work on these maps, everyone!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Perhaps you don't have an eye for scaling, because this is massively off

The meshing and textures are accurate, but the BSP is overscaled enough to almost make this an onslaught map, or at least vctf (vbr?). The actual UC map you can run from one base to the other in the time it takes to get just almost out of the base in this massive version.

I'll continue my version soon, and this is a good reference aid, but I think it's unusable as a point to go from directly as-is. I've lost a bit of my enthusiasm for this project given happenings as of late, but I have no plans not to complete this. When I have a significant update I will post it. Until then I hope other things mentioned above will continue to progress at some rate.

God King

Make sure there is no actor selected, press on "invert selection" and your whole map will be selected, now you go to Tools->ScaleMap and set a number, you will probably need something like 0.5 or 0.25. "Uneven fractions" will cause offgrid BSP.

Good luck and glad to see you're back!
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor*Venova View Post
    Perhaps you don't have an eye for scaling, because this is massively off

The meshing and textures are accurate, but the BSP is overscaled enough to almost make this an onslaught map, or at least vctf (vbr?). The actual UC map you can run from one base to the other in the time it takes to get just almost out of the base in this massive version.

I'll continue my version soon, and this is a good reference aid, but I think it's unusable as a point to go from directly as-is. I've lost a bit of my enthusiasm for this project given happenings as of late, but I have no plans not to complete this. When I have a significant update I will post it. Until then I hope other things mentioned above will continue to progress at some rate.
    The first screen you posted is of the "goal room" which is NO WAY correct or claimed to be. I stated before that this particular area was nowhere NEAR correct in any way. It's just a rought cube I subtracted out to represent that area....... On to the scale issue at hand. (Z-Axis)

If you look at the entrance room, the very first brush there, the main cube. The total height of that room with the "ceiling brush" should be 512 units in Unreal (UUs). I made a mistake there and made the total height 640, which translates into the main cube being 512 (minus the 128 ceiling brush). The main cube should be 384, and when the other brush is placed on top of it, the total height would equal the proper 512 height. This has thrown the height (Z-axis) scaling off in the level by 128 units at least in that hallway. The height in other areas may be correct, it may not be. The rest of the axis' are correct. X and Y are what they should be. You can easily confirm this by pausing the videos and looking at the floor tiles.

Anyway, if you start the level from that point, make the first cube brush 384x640x640. Then the ceiling brush is 128x640x640 with a vertex edit on each side to make it have that trapezoid shape. Put the floor texture in place, align them as planar, and scale to 0.5. Then count the tiles. Pretty easy stuff to do.

Upon some further inspection of the areas already built (besides the goal room,) the heights seem to be correct in most area besides the "entrance" and the first major room that connects to it with the little electronic monitors inside of it (which you showed in your second screenshot Sailor Venova). I need to inspect the room that leads directly into the goal room, and the room that connects to that was intentionally made taller. I can pull that one back down to the correct height easily. I'm just going to have to check the hall that leads to the goal room. The X and Y stuff is all correct though. I just made a mental mistake on height. I had the right idea in mind but executed it incorrectly.

Do what you will Sailor Venova. I don't really care if the map is created or not. That's your prerogative, and I will in no way be holding my breath for it to be completed. The level was broken in UC1 because it turned into a fight exclusively on the lower ice bridge once a match got going, and many times matches would go on endlessly with goals being scored rarely and ball carriers being killed every 30 seconds. BR-Eye of Jahan would be a much better choice in my opinion to remake. It would be a shame to put a great deal of effort in to a map whose design is inherently broken, but again, that's entirely up to you. At the very least you have an improved floor, ceiling, and rust w/ snow shader made for you in the rough alpha I provided you to save you some work.

Here's a stripped down version of the level with the first two rooms corrected for height and everything else removed. The scale here is now 100% correct. If you disagee with that, go ahead and make an even smaller version of the level. To be clear, the addition brushes are in no way meant to be spot on and are only "working" brushes from which to subtract from. They can be fixed after the fact pretty easily. The rest of what was constructed in earlier attempts is probably useable and just needs to be adjusted for height in some areas, but probably not in all areas. A tall height is not always a bad thing anyway, you won't bump your head while jumping, something quite common in UC1 if you remember. However, I don't see anyone bumping their head even in the smaller heighted version provided here unless they maybe do speed adren combo and dodge jump the downward ramp and possibly hit one of those girder meshes up above. You have 3 improved shaders ready for you in here, and a projector texture that you'll need later if you decide to continue the level that's outside the playable area in a constuction zone. All textures can be viewed in the myLevel package.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ivzfr7m7seb87q0

I'm washing my hands of it at this point. If you come up with a level and I feel that its quality matches the others in the pack, your level will be included.

Good luck with the level if you decide to create it.
    Last edited by Skred; 03-03-2012 at 10:34 PM.
    wut?

Boomshot

In the meantime, I have made a few more UC1 style pickups for the UC1 levels. So far, the only level that really needed them was DM-Aqua_Mortis. I have so far made only the uDamage and the Super Shield pickup bases. They are not exactly as they appeared in UC1, but they're close enough I'd say. They might even be a little improved. The health pack seems like it'll be the biggest pain to do. I tried using the texture on the older health pickup on the newer pickup, but it doesn't look quite right. I know the 50 shield can be done. I already have UC adrenaline behaving pickups in the UC1 levels, but they lack the outer layer that the UC one version had with some sort of transparent texture applied to it.

Anyhow, here's a pic of the two completed pickup bases, and a test mesh of the health pickup which will not work in this case. It's going to need some other work around. Maybe just applying a green texture to the glass on the outer part will work, but who knows.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

EDIT:

I made the 50 shield mesh and it's lookin pretty sharp. I have something setup for the UC1 health and super health as well. They are not 100% true to the original, but they're pretty close. Anyhow, you can see each in this next screen. I reworked the texture for that green healthpack and applied it to the ner health mesh in E_Pickups.usx. That's the 25 health. Then for the Super Health, I just made a new version of the "inner" plasma of the UT2004 health, and turned it green and rebuilt the shader (like 20 shaders, tex panners, combiners...lol). Then I applied the reworked "Uc health" texture we've found to the outer part to make it look different than the 25 health. It'll also be a larger pickup obviously. This may be the best we can do, but maybe the .usx packages can be extracted with uModel, but last I remember, only the animations were extractable.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

FINAL EDIT:

Okay Dokey, I have a version of every pickup from UC1 now complete and working how they should in Ut2004. The Health pickups are not exact with UC1, but are approximations. You can see what they look like still in the screen above. Anyway, I have placeable pickups bases and all of that working, and delayed respawns for the super pickups and all of that stuff.
    Last edited by Skred; 03-04-2012 at 08:48 AM.
    wut?

Boomshot

I may be able to finisd the bases for BR-Adrift during my spring break in two weeks. We'll see how it goes. I don't think I'll be able to finish the map as a whole, but maybe someone will come along and mess with it at a later date.
    wut?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Wow! Nice work!
    Can U include DM-Decay and DM-Whisper in this pack?

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Net Lizzard View Post
    Wow! Nice work!
    Can U include DM-Decay and DM-Whisper in this pack?
    Thank you!!
    There are no plans for additonal any maps at this time as they are all remade from scratch for UT2004 and take quite a long time to develop.
    wut?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Can the UC team symbols be remade as well? They're unique and the UC just wouldn't be complete without them.
    (The ripped ones are too low def to be used ingame.)
    Last edited by ut2k4 player; 04-04-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    So, 11 maps then?
    11-13

There is a new DM map that will be in there that's loosely based on a UC2 Overdose level, and I think DOM-Frigid would make it 13 levels. I'm working on externalizing most of the level textures and stuff to a .utx package rather than having a HUGE myLevel package for every level. They'll all still have a myLevel package, but it'll be a great deal smaller.

I will include a folder in the next and/or final release zip for "incomplete maps" so if anyone comes along later, they can pick up on the unfinished/extremely alpha levels. I'm going to try to have an update in place here in the next few weeeks or maybe a month or so. There probably won't be a whole lot of super new stuff outside of the one new level, and Ping's "Link Gun Medic" mutator he made forever ago now.

I would include DM-Azure_2k6 (UC2 DM level) in there, but I did not make the level and cannot seem to find the guy who originally made it. :/

As far as team symbols go, that would require a good deal of reworking time that I just don't have right now.
    Last edited by Skred; 04-04-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    wut?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Can anyone else take up the job? I, myself am a novice at best espcially with vector gfx

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by ut2k4 player View Post
    Can anyone else take up the job? I, myself am a novice at best espcially with vector gfx
    I don't know who would be up for it, but ya never know who will come along an help out. I do think it would be fairly easy to totally "re paint" those textures in photoshop, but it would just be a little time consuming; a luxury I do not have right now.

I would just open the originals, size them up to 1024x1024 pixels, create a new layer, and begin to paint the shape kind of like tracing a drawing or something. Then the alpha masks can be generated from that very easily. You just go to channels, then click "add a new channel," paste the properly selected pixel info from your repainted texture, make sure the correct areas are black and white respectively, and save it as a .tga file and you should have a fully functional team symbol. It may help to export a team symbol from UT2004 and look at it's channel properties as a guide if you're unfamiliar with the process. Then, when you import the texture into UT2004, just make sure you have "alpha texture" checked when you import it.

Just try one Ut2k4 player, you may suprise yourself.
    wut?

God King

Or in other words as a little checklist:
    1. Open texture in Photoshop
    2. Resize to needed size
    3. Create new empty layer
    4. Paint higher detail team symbol over the old one
    5. Delete original texture layer when done
    6. Save as *.tga
    7. (Import into UEd.)

That's also how I usually do the textures except that I keep the original in case I'll need it. Talking about them, now that I'm back on track and have sparetime, time to continue work.

S l y .

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Sly. View Post
    Or in other words as a little checklist:
    1. Open texture in Photoshop
    2. Resize to needed size
    3. Create new empty layer
    4. Paint higher detail team symbol over the old one
    5. Delete original texture layer when done
    6. create alpha channel
    7. Save as *.tga
    8. (Import into UEd.)
    That's also how I usually do the textures except that I keep the original in case I'll need it. Talking about them, now that I'm back on track and have sparetime, time to continue work.
    One addition

!!! Happy to hear you're working on things again. I'd just be happy to get the shock rifle texture!!!

I did some pretty hefty stuff this past week while I was on Spring Break. I managed to get all the maps to use one externalized .utx file. It seemed to me that it was rather "wasteful" to have the levels sharing many textures and yet each map file size was swollen due to have enourmous myLevel packages. Plus, it'll put a fairly comprehensive texture file out there for other mappers to use in the future. There are also some minor visual improvements with that came with the territory. As it was all streamlined, some shaders have been improved and thigns like that. Fallbacks are in place and all kinds of nice stuff like that. Some of these levels were started so long ago, I just knew so much less about using UE2 and so forth. Going back through it all with a better understanding of everything and MORE EXPERIENCE made a noticeable difference to me. Most people probably won't notice anything spectacular, but I notice it. This may sound silly, but I got the big pillars in Praxis and Horizon to have a "shine" to them like the other shaders so prevalent in those levels. I had problems with it in the past. It's strange, but those pillars, and many of the meshes I authored in Maya would "freak out" if you tried to apply a new texture to them. The "specular" would become warped lookign and just screw the look of the mesh up. I think if the mesh is over 500 polys or so and you use a shader, you better have it right before you apply the shader to it....just a theory. Anyhow, I had tried and tried to get that mesh to have a properly shiny shader on it. If I still had Maya, I couls just re-export the mesh, but that's not been an option for a long time now:/ Well, I figured out that somehow when I did Turmoil, I guess I exported the mesh seperately and it was SHINEYYYY. So I did a little rename to it, to make it different that the previosly existent pillar, and it WORKED! So I am happy as hell....lol SHINEY PILLARZZZZ make me happy....lololol

!!!
    I did some pretty hefty stuff this past week while I was on Spring Break. I managed to get all the maps to use one externalized .utx file. It seemed to me that it was rather "wasteful" to have the levels sharing many textures and yet each map file size was swollen due to have enourmous myLevel packages. Plus, it'll put a fairly comprehensive texture file out there for other mappers to use in the future. There are also some minor visual improvements with that came with the territory. As it was all streamlined, some shaders have been improved and thigns like that. Fallbacks are in place and all kinds of nice stuff like that. Some of these levels were started so long ago, I just knew so much less about using UE2 and so forth. Going back through it all with a better understanding of everything and MORE EXPERIENCE made a noticeable difference to me. Most people probably won't notice anything spectacular, but I notice it. This may sound silly, but I got the big pillars in Praxis and Horizon to have a "shine" to them like the other shaders so prevalent in those levels. I had problems with it in the past. It's strange, but those pillars, and many of the meshes I authored in Maya would "freak out" if you tried to apply a new texture to them. The "specular" would become warped lookign and just screw the look of the mesh up. I think if the mesh is over 500 polys or so and you use a shader, you better have it right before you apply the shader to it....just a theory. Anyhow, I had tried and tried to get that mesh to have a properly shiny shader on it. If I still had Maya, I couls just re-export the mesh, but that's not been an option for a long time now:/ Well, I figured out that somehow when I did Turmoil, I guess I exported the mesh seperately and it was SHINEYYYY. So I did a little rename to it, to make it different that the previosly existent pillar, and it WORKED! So I am happy as hell....lol SHINEY PILLARZZZZ make me happy....lololol
    Last edited by Skred; 04-10-2012 at 12:29 AM.
    wut?

Boomshot

I'll be off from school for about a week or two in about 3 weeks. (like may 5th through about the 17th) At that time I am going to try to put out a pretty big update to the pack.

Things I plan/hope to have in there:

-Maps with externalized packages/deflated mylevel package and map size which should reduce the filesize of the pack as a whole
    -Link Gun Medic included (100GPing's mutator)
    -1-2 new levels
    -Possibly the UC2 Sniper Rifle as configureable option in the weapons mutator (replace classic sniper with LG or UC2Sniper)
    -Add UC2 characters to the zip
    -(hope) Sly can have some of the remaining weapon textures ready to go
    wut?

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Smile

Long time to planning your work m8. Well, I guess I downloading your map pack (in Beta) first, luckily school's out in my country today because it's Summer though. Have fun with your school and keep going mate (for as long as new maps/mutators were developed and release them)!

Redeemer

Shameless bump to this.
    Lol

Glad this project is still active, hope this eventually gets finished.
    BIGBADABOOM!!!

Boomshot

Ain't no shame in yo bump mayn

It will get finished very soon. I've been sorting through the levels and gettting them more tidy in terms of disc space and stuff like that. I'm going to add the character models to the pack very soon, and Sly should have us those last 2 textures pretty soon (I hope:P)

Almost there. I'm about to be on break from school for a few weeks, and I'm only taking one class this summer so I should (not guaranteed) have time to get this all "perfected" to how it should be.

I may even whip out the old Xbox and do ONE more UC2 level. Most likely: DM-Axon Compressor. I'm not promising any new levels, but we'll see. I would need someone to make a few static meshes for me to do Axon Compressor though, but I think only one or two. One of which I have a "version" of, it would just need a wedged 90 degree turn on its end. Or Maybe Tempest....those are the candidates that come to mind off hand.
    Last edited by Skred; 05-07-2012 at 10:27 PM.
    wut?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks!

We're all waiting for this

yeah c'mon skred for all us die hard Unreal Tournament Fans you can do it!

Here is additional hope for a final release .

MSgt. Shooter Person

I keep forgetting to mention. I tried updating the Unreal Championship weapons to the new version and they aren't working in game. If I go into Weapons in Settings, the guns show up but the models are incorrect. How do I properly install them? The old versions work though for some reason so I reverted with a restore point.
    If you are reading this quote, you have no life. Put this in your signature if you did not read this.
    Stinger Minigun+Flak Cannon=MASSACRE

My Mods: UT2003 Menu Music for UT2004

Hey Sly don't suppose you have a link to the fixed version of this mod the weapons don't work in game they're all there ready to use (in Mesh Browser) but the game doesn't recognise them i'm guessing it's an issue with the
    UC1Weapons.u file

Redeemer

maybe out before people start school again..........not me of course........I'm really old

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Bumpy! Any updates for revealing upcoming maps to your pack?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I return and this ain't released yet ಠ_ಠ

The Sacrifice

http://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-championship-2004

relate to this thread? were there uc2 weapons in the works? I've seen a dead link to an alpha uc2 sniper, but that was all
    PEACE

can anybody please upload a version that actually works seem to have been waiting ages for this and still no movement even in somebody can post a link to a working version I would appreciate it as the links posted on here download a broken version where the weapons don't work in the game all the models and everything is there but only the maps seem to work

The Sacrifice

to all having trouble with posted version, I pulled the UC1 weapon files straight from my install & they are working for me... hope they work for y'all too

http://www.mediafire.com/?i6ak2aijqq7ajyj
    PEACE

well done papasfritas absolutly spot on exactly what I've been waiting for guys this file works so any problems download Cheers Dude

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast